I don't like the idea of dead by daylight

-Cut insults to kick-start discussion.-

Dead By Daylight should be made much harder, no more aim dressing, no more second chance perks, you want to survive? Work together or die alone. Do you want to kill them all? Train your aim, learn set-ups, and speak up if the power role doesn't feel powerful.

The Killer Power role is a joke, with exceptions. If facing a killer by yourself is not daunting. something is wrong. In a proper asymmetrical game, the power role should be powerful, you should be wary of being near, knowing that getting seen a bad, and getting caught dangerous. It isn't, not to myself or any other truly experienced survivors.

I mean, I run Mettle of Mither, and can still escape without a Survive With Friend squad. That should tell you something is up.

Edit January 12, 2020: I've realized that, Dead by Daylight is not meant to be a challenging game, at least not on the survivor side. The killer side is a whole different can of worms, beyond frustrating unless you play specific killers, Nurse is the only killer the feels like you are the killer, something to be avoided and feared. Very high skill-celling.

Huntress and Deathsligner feel good too, having a range feels good. Huntress more so IMO.

Regardless, the devs should remove match-made ranking altogether, as with how casually balanced this game is, true match-making will never work. Unless.

Anyone, this discussion has given me some kind of answer, not one I wanted, but I asked. I'll leave this thing going, and may bump it, but I'm no longer going to justify my feelings on the survivor gameplay in Dead By Daylight.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Ok' I've calmed down a bit; my feelings are still the same, and I just conveyed them... harshly.

  • Teamwork, coordination and skill is unexistant in solo q

  • Bold of you to group every single survivor player together like that.

  • Killer has never been easier. You complain survivors don't want a challenge. How much easier do they need to make killer?

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    Killer has never been easier. You complain survivors don't want a challenge. How much easier do they need to make killer?

    What rank are you?

    20

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    Killer has never been easier. You complain survivors don't want a challenge. How much easier do they need to make killer?

    I didn't say "buff killers" meathead. I want survivor to be harder, actually challenging. Sitting on gens is boring, most killers are either an ez win, or a quick loss, and are mostly the former.

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    Teamwork, coordination and skill is unexistant in solo q

    Yes and no, I've hard my share of shitshows and shitstomps. Unfortunatelyly, mostly the latter.

  • How new are you that you think rank matters?

    @Weeb_H_Toast said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857391#Comment_1857391

    I didn't say "buff killers" meathead. I want survivor to be harder, actually challenging. Sitting on gens is boring, most killers are either an ez win, or a quick loss, and are mostly the former.

    By definition if you make survivor harder killer becomes easier. That's how a system with two opposing forces works.

  • I said in a previous comment, that survival rate at 50% or more is too high. I got bombarded by entitled survivors.


    I'm told a average game should be 2 escapes and 2 deaths. Otherwise the game is not balanced.


    I think survivors should have about 25% chance of survival.

  • *you've alerted the horde*

  • @thrawn3054 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857395#Comment_1857395

    How new are you that you think rank matters?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857397#Comment_1857397

    By definition if you make survivor harder killer becomes easier. That's how a system with two opposing forces works.

    First this game is not easy for killer at all.The killer has alot against them.(DS,Unbreakable,BT,& Deadhard,Gen speed,SFWs just to name a few)

    Though rank does not equal skil(most of the time)l,it tells that you've been playing recently.

    If anything Survivor is Easy

  • The ironic thing is that the complete opposite is true for many killer mains on this forum. They don't want a challenge, they want to be "the power role." They want the devs to make the game "scary again." I mean look at the dude in this thread who said the killer rate should be 75%. He wants to play a completely different game that has next to no challenge.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    The ironic thing is that the complete opposite is true for many killer mains on this forum. They don't want a challenge, they want to be "the power role." They want the devs to make the game "scary again." I mean look at the dude in this thread who said the killer rate should be 75%. He wants to play a completely different game that has next to no challenge.

    To be fair, in a 1v4 game there should be even odds when it concerns the 1 against the 4. But in the 1v1 aspect the killer should be the clear power role.

  • @DarkMagik said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857406#Comment_1857406

    First this game is not easy for killer at all.The killer has alot against them.(DS,Unbreakable,BT,& Deadhard,Gen speed,SFWs just to name a few)

    Though rank does not equal skil(most of the time)l,it tells that you've been playing recently.

    If anything Survivor is Easy

    Neither side is hard. Extremely frustrating depending on several factors. But it's never hard.

  • @Bond4ever said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857414#Comment_1857414

    Killers have 75% killrate which is a lot.

    And if survivors have a 25% that means only 1 survivors escape, the average is supposed to be 2 kills 2 escapes, if you want more kills then work for it, and git gud.

    The only reason the kill rate is so high is because survivors are bad. Either they don't know how to loop, constantly get caught unaware of their surroundings, dc after getting downed after 5 seconds, sand bag each other, loop the killer around their hooked teammate rather than leading them away, refuse to do gens due to wanting an attempt at a flashlight save, waste pallets without even looping the killer around the structure once, and many other things.

    The game is literally designed to give survivors chance after chance after chance and then they get perks that give them even more chances. So yeah, that kill rate means nothing until we have more details.

  • I was getting 3 to 4K at Rank 1 with my Wraith without any slowdown perks today. (I neglected my candle bell boy for a long time) Killers on here always complaining need to just get better and realize you are supposed to lose some. It's typically the killers on here crying for more nerfs, so if any side needs to take a step back and realize the game isn't all about them... it's the killer mains.

  • @Bond4ever said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857414#Comment_1857414

    Killers have 75% killrate which is a lot.

    And if survivors have a 25% that means only 1 survivors escape, the average is supposed to be 2 kills 2 escapes, if you want more kills then work for it, and git gud.

    I did git gud. I escape most of my matches. Something like 60%?

  • It's undeniable that some survivor players have god complexes, and they just want to toy with the killer and make them angry.

  • If I’m being honest this game is easy for both sides

  • @Bond4ever said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857414#Comment_1857414

    Killers have 75% killrate which is a lot.

    And if survivors have a 25% that means only 1 survivors escape, the average is supposed to be 2 kills 2 escapes, if you want more kills then work for it, and git gud.

    No, 50/50 is good, the game should be properly balanced around this.

    @VexTheHex said:

    I was getting 3 to 4K at Rank 1 with my Wraith without any slowdown perks today. (I neglected my candle bell boy for a long time) Killers on here always complaining need to just get better and realize you are supposed to lose some. It's typically the killers on here crying for more nerfs, so if any side needs to take a step back and realize the game isn't all about them... it's the killer mains.

    Due to the counsel players and matchmaking being a joke, I am not surprised.

    @Phasmamain said:

    If I’m being honest this game is easy for both sides

    Yes, easy in the wrong ways, frustrating in others.

  • Play solo crossplay off in eu from 14-22 uk time with that build and tell me how many times you will escape

  • @Bond4ever said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857442#Comment_1857442

    Oh yes, but if survivor had high escape rates "the game would be unbalanced", the hypocrisy.

    Never said that and I'd appreciate it if you'd refrain from putting words in my mouth.

  • I been recording it on a Excel spreadsheet and I also record my gameplay.


    It's around 70 games worth of data.


    I also recorded how many times I've been camped or tunneled and by whom. It has data such as how many gens were done, how many ppl escaped, how many totems were cleared, what map the game took place. Who the killer was, wrote down if undying/ruin combo used, or NOED, Was the escape thru the gate or hatch, etc.


    I did not pull it out of my butt.

  • Never understood people that blame Survivors for having it easy, like they have control over what their objective is in game.


    Take that up with the Devs, and please for the love of God be respectful about it. People tend to forget that the Devs are actually human.

  • @Snipsnappy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857427#Comment_1857427

    I personally have nothing against challenge if the other side actually puts effort into giving me challenge.

    I don't want "challenge" which is just powering through countless second chances survivors throw at me while being pressured by thin timer at the same time, while survivors are literally chilling and laughing at "haha funny killer makes funny noise after being stunned 3 times in a row". That's not fun nor challenging. This is frustrating. Even if you win, you usually win out of spite and get no positive emotions from "winning", only frustration and PTSD after finishing such match.

    Like, seeing good survivors is always interesting. I always liked playing 1v1 in KYF against good or at least decent people where it is usually only a matter of skill, not amount of second chances thrown from both sides.

    If I were to change DbD, I'd surely got rid of all these second chance perks or mechanics and focused on making chases last longer, as well as being actually downed cost much more to survivors. I'd also maybe have added some element of "unknown" that would make game scarier for survivors. Some kind of changing mechanic or rule which is not told to survivors and which they should figure out themselves during the game and which could even change mid-match. This would of course come with other tweaking to survivors and killers like making stealth matter more by nerfing detection perks or making loops unsafer but tighter (but no like somebody can just run and drop pallets the whole match, but rather creating structures where survivor can last long if they mindgame killer effectively, etc).

    EDIT: Of course this will likely kill the game for obvious reasons like people simply not having my view on the game. People want to be in power, people want to be heroes like OP said and in my ideal version of DbD they would be just lambs for the slaughter and nobody would want to take that role.

    Friday the 13th game fans do. 👏

  • @Bond4ever said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857395#Comment_1857395

    Who told you ranks define how good someone is in the game?

    I see a lot of potatoes in rank 1.

    Same and so many reds dc

  • @Weeb_H_Toast said:

    Be honest, you don't want to play a challenging asymmetrical horror game the requires teamwork, coordination, and skill to win.

    You want a cheap power fantasy, where you get to beat the bad guy.

    You want to be the hero, without the effort.

    You want to win, without a chance to lose.

    You want to bully the faceless monster because you don't have the strength of character to fight the real ones.

    You are so scared of failure, that should something challenge to take away the tools you use to cheaply steal victory, you scream about it.

    You are not the main character, you are not the only person playing, you are not entitled to win, no one else is either.

    Dead By Daylight should be made much harder, no more aim dressing, no more second chance perks, you want to survive? Work together or die alone. Do you want to kill them all? Train your aim, learn set-ups, and speak up if the power role doesn't feel powerful.

    The Killer Power role is a joke, with exceptions. If facing a killer by yourself is not daunting. something is wrong. In a proper asymmetrical game, the power role should be powerful, you should be wary of being near, knowing that getting seen a bad, and getting caught dangerous. It isn't, not to myself or any other truly experienced survivors.

    I mean, I run Mettle of Mither, and can still escape without a Survive With Friend squad. That should tell you something is up.

    For many players, I think this IS true -- they just want to do some low-effort bullying and tell someone who struggled to gain some ground to "git gud," and then when they meet someone who is a very good killer player, they get mad and shout about cheap easy-mode perks or items or whatever else.

    Not everyone is like this, but these players are definitely not rare. Just remember what my wife says, when I wonder aloud why people act this way. She tells me "It's because they have nothing else in life except this video game."

  • Cant the same go to killer? I mean killers practically cry when a SURVIVOR survives. This game goes both ways, a two way street. There isnt supposed to be power roles btw, in that case I mean what luck would survivors have?

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    Teamwork, coordination and skill is unexistant in solo q

    Its rare, not nonexistent. But when you do get mates who play risky rather than like cowards, it makes a big difference and feels amazing.

  • @Weeb_H_Toast said:

    Ok' I've calmed down a bit; my feelings are still the same, and I just conveyed them... harshly.

    You are wrong about that. That's not what survivors want and encouraging us to speak up about underpowered killers whilst not defending ourself is dumb. But I agree I wish this game was scary and aim dressing is a curse on console now that we got god tier pc players who spin last second and them call us trash. I literally have a video on YouTube where I whiffed 2 times in a freaking row because of it

  • @Weeb_H_Toast said:

    Be honest, you don't want to play a challenging asymmetrical horror game the requires teamwork, coordination, and skill to win.

    You want a cheap power fantasy, where you get to beat the bad guy.

    You want to be the hero, without the effort.

    You want to win, without a chance to lose.

    You want to bully the faceless monster because you don't have the strength of character to fight the real ones.

    You are so scared of failure, that should something challenge to take away the tools you use to cheaply steal victory, you scream about it.

    You are not the main character, you are not the only person playing, you are not entitled to win, no one else is either.

    Dead By Daylight should be made much harder, no more aim dressing, no more second chance perks, you want to survive? Work together or die alone. Do you want to kill them all? Train your aim, learn set-ups, and speak up if the power role doesn't feel powerful.

    The Killer Power role is a joke, with exceptions. If facing a killer by yourself is not daunting. something is wrong. In a proper asymmetrical game, the power role should be powerful, you should be wary of being near, knowing that getting seen a bad, and getting caught dangerous. It isn't, not to myself or any other truly experienced survivors.

    I mean, I run Mettle of Mither, and can still escape without a Survive With Friend squad. That should tell you something is up.

    You could say the same for killers. They don't want a challenging asymmetrical horror game. They just want a cheap power fantasy where they get to kill 4 helpless victims.

  • @Squirrel_Thicc said:

    Bold of you to group every single survivor player together like that.

    Your right I call those kinds of players... pussies

  • @Unicorn said:

    Never understood people that blame Survivors for having it easy, like they have control over what their objective is in game.

    Take that up with the Devs, and please for the love of God be respectful about it. People tend to forget that the Devs are actually human.

    I blame the side with more people playing it, and with more influnce over game direction.

    @Thatgurl_again said:

    Cant the same go to killer? I mean killers practically cry when a SURVIVOR survives. This game goes both ways, a two way street. There isnt supposed to be power roles btw, in that case I mean what luck would survivors have?

    It would if the game was built in favor of killers, some aspects of it defintly are, but a majority of matches would not be winnalbe for the killer if the survivors played to their best. As the killer winning more often then nots realies on captolizing on survivor error.

    @Shirokinukatsukami said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/217630/survivors-dont-like-the-idea-of-dead-by-daylight

    You could say the same for killers. They don't want a challenging asymmetrical horror game. They just want a cheap power fantasy where they get to kill 4 helpless victims.

    In this case, for this game, where the whole point of even having the killer playable at all, in a 1v1, 2v1, or 3v1 sitation, the killer should always win. A perfect aysmetrical game would have the power role (that's the side that needs to be beaten with coawrdination and teamwork,) should be powerfull.

    Think about it like this, killer can't play the game whiel listening to music and still play at thier best. As evident by streamers, survivors can. The survivor role does not require as much focus to play, and as such, is without a doubt, easier.

  • @Weeb_H_Toast said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857611#Comment_1857611

    I blame the side with more people playing it, and with more influnce over game direction.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857810#Comment_1857810

    It would if the game was built in favor of killers, some aspects of it defintly are, but a majority of matches would not be winnalbe for the killer if the survivors played to their best. As the killer winning more often then nots realies on captolizing on survivor error.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1858271#Comment_1858271

    In this case, for this game, where the whole point of even having the killer playable at all, in a 1v1, 2v1, or 3v1 sitation, the killer should always win. A perfect aysmetrical game would have the power role (that's the side that needs to be beaten with coawrdination and teamwork,) should be powerfull.

    Think about it like this, killer can't play the game whiel listening to music and still play at thier best. As evident by streamers, survivors can. The survivor role does not require as much focus to play, and as such, is without a doubt, easier.

    You're blaming the wrong people. Survivors have no control over what the Devs intended to make their objective. You think Survivors aren't bored of holding M1/R1/RB an entire game? I think I speak for most of us when I say I'd like another objective, and I shouldn't be blamed for what I have no control over. Also saying Survivors are the only side that have the most influence over the game is a HUGE couch in the house of opinions.

  • @Bond4ever said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857605#Comment_1857605

    Yeah yeah, a excel spreadsheet doesn't prove anything, we need video.

    How would u like it? I have videos.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1859010#Comment_1859010

    You're blaming the wrong people. Survivors have no control over what the Devs intended to make their objective. You think Survivors aren't bored of holding M1/R1/RB an entire game? I think I speak for most of us when I say I'd like another objective, and I shouldn't be blamed for what I have no control over. Also saying Survivors are the only side that have the most influence over the game is a HUGE couch in the house of opinions.

    Then why are survivors still complaining about killers?

  • @Weeb_H_Toast said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1859225#Comment_1859225

    Then why are survivors still complaining about killers?

    The same reason why you're here complaining about Survivors; Because they have bad games, run to forums and demand unneeded nerfs and complain about things that are not that bad in all reality. No side is exempt from this, however you mentioned Survivors have the most influence on the game which is why I addressed that specifically.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1859277#Comment_1859277

    The same reason why you're here complaining about Survivors; Because they have bad games, run to forums and demand unneeded nerfs and complain about things that are not that bad in all reality. No side is exempt from this, however you mentioned Survivors have the most influence on the game which is why I addressed that specifically.

    See the problem is that there are 4x more survivors than there are killers, I remember when old Freddy was nerfed a week after release because of survivors complaining. Nothing remotely close to this has happened because of solely killer complaints, only when the survivors comparing about something, does anything get changed. This is a fact, observable through the entire change and update the history of the game.

    I didn't have a bad match, I've only had easy ones, there are a few exceptions, but because of how this game is built. in favor of the survivor experience over the killer's experience, killers had to get good, whereas survivors relied on perks they know will never get changed. Any player with the salt of their tears knows this about Dead By Daylight.

  • @Weeb_H_Toast said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1859343#Comment_1859343

    See the problem is that there are 4x more survivors than there are killers, I remember when old Freddy was nerfed a week after release because of survivors complaining. Nothing remotely close to this has happened because of solely killer complaints, only when the survivors comparing about something, does anything get changed. This is a fact, observable through the entire change and update the history of the game.

    I didn't have a bad match, I've only had easy ones, there are a few exceptions, but because of how this game is built. in favor of the survivor experience over the killer's experience, killers had to get good, whereas survivors relied on perks they know will never get changed. Any player with the salt of their tears knows this about Dead By Daylight.

    Each side has complained about equal things that have been reworked and nerfed, not just Survivors. I’m not trying to change your mind, I’m trying to break your bias. Being biased doesn’t lead to logical thinking, you’re on the outside looking in. Killers complained about countless things too, hell here you are complaining now about Perks. Perks are placed in game to benefit the player no matter the side. A Survivors job is to Survive as to a Killers job is to Kill and no it doesn’t always go as planned, thats where that empty space is reserved for improvement on both ends.


    Killers complained of Balanced Landing (NERFED). Killers complained and still complain about DS, and no I’m not saying DS is used as intended, but its WAYYYY better than what it used to be. Imagine being DS’d after your first chase and down and then having to chase that person for a whole other 2 mins just to have 2 gens pop? Yeah, I hated it. The hatch can now be closed, Doctor has an AMAZING buff/rework. I can go on and on to prove to you that the devs care and take feedback from both sides, but if you’re gonna continue to be biased, there is no point in my efforts.


    My whole point here is that both sides have influence over the game and the decisions that the devs make to balance things. If you’re having trouble seeing that then I just have to say thats a ‘you’ problem and just keep practicing to get better. I make so many mistakes as Hag that I can’t sit here and complain about a Survivor using a perk that was intended for them to try to Survive with. Just like perks I use are intended for me to Kill with.

  • @Weeb_H_Toast said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1859343#Comment_1859343

    See the problem is that there are 4x more survivors than there are killers, I remember when old Freddy was nerfed a week after release because of survivors complaining. Nothing remotely close to this has happened because of solely killer complaints, only when the survivors comparing about something, does anything get changed. This is a fact, observable through the entire change and update the history of the game.

    I didn't have a bad match, I've only had easy ones, there are a few exceptions, but because of how this game is built. in favor of the survivor experience over the killer's experience, killers had to get good, whereas survivors relied on perks they know will never get changed. Any player with the salt of their tears knows this about Dead By Daylight.

    Freddy was an exception which they admitted was too knee jerk of a reaction and its why they take longer to assess everything now. You also have to think how long ago that was.

    There have been numerous changes for both sides and even perks like DS have been changed multiple times and MoM 2 weeks after release. Sometimes things are apparent and changes need done while others take longer.

    The game is an online multiplayer and these always change over time. The reason the game is what it is today is that no one wants a hide and seek game in reality. If this was the case no killer would complain about a blendette.

    What became apparent overtime was the player base enjoyed the interaction between the two sides so the game adapted more towards that aspect.

    No one wants an easy game but they do want to have the feeling that they have a chance to win and outplay the other side. The main issue with this is someone with 40h can be at red ranks playing versus someone with 5kh and because they hit the top ranks they beleive they should be doing better in all matches.

  • @Weeb_H_Toast said:

    Be honest, you don't want to play a challenging asymmetrical horror game the requires teamwork, coordination, and skill to win.

    You want a cheap power fantasy, where you get to beat the bad guy.

    You want to be the hero, without the effort.

    You want to win, without a chance to lose.

    You want to bully the faceless monster because you don't have the strength of character to fight the real ones.

    You are so scared of failure, that should something challenge to take away the tools you use to cheaply steal victory, you scream about it.

    You are not the main character, you are not the only person playing, you are not entitled to win, no one else is either.

    Dead By Daylight should be made much harder, no more aim dressing, no more second chance perks, you want to survive? Work together or die alone. Do you want to kill them all? Train your aim, learn set-ups, and speak up if the power role doesn't feel powerful.

    The Killer Power role is a joke, with exceptions. If facing a killer by yourself is not daunting. something is wrong. In a proper asymmetrical game, the power role should be powerful, you should be wary of being near, knowing that getting seen a bad, and getting caught dangerous. It isn't, not to myself or any other truly experienced survivors.

    I mean, I run Mettle of Mither, and can still escape without a Survive With Friend squad. That should tell you something is up.

    Guy, killer rate is 65-75%. It the killer rate were 25-35% you’ll see thousand of killers complaining and uninstalling the game and this forum will be a river of tears

  • I like the idea of this post it's just that DBD has no competition, no real reason to strive for a better experience and product. This is why I'm starting to move towards deception games and indie horror games, way more fun and enjoyable.

  • "you should be wary of being near, knowing that getting seen a bad, and getting caught dangerous. It isn't, not to myself or any other truly experienced survivors."

    And yet with every update and killer released the devs introduce a new way to find survivors. Aura reveals in a least 10+ perks and built in killer powers. Survivors WILL be found. At this point you can be revealed for cleansing a totem, touching a gen, getting out of a locker and recently rummaging through a chest. I don't play stealth. It doesn't pay off, and gens don't get done with this nice new undying/ruin combo. I run. You ever seen what happens when a person goes upstairs and hides in the bathtub during a horror movie? They die in the bathtub. Only the ones who fight back, get s**t done. I don't bully killers. That's some latent PVP crap from people who play other multiplayer games where they swagger around the map using hacks and autoaim and call themselves the best there is.

    And there is not one horror game around that maintains it's 'horror and fear factor' for the majority of players. If you play something for 1,000 hours you've seen it all. There is nothing new and no reason to be afraid. Perhaps, you are not challenged with this game since you handicap yourself and still win. That is your experience and not the experience for the majority of the players who barely make it out. Maybe it is not because killers are powerless but that the person behind the killer is not as skilled as you. That happens on both sides. I don't believe you should reward a new player for simply buying a killer that can never be beat. Put in the time like everyone else, if you're getting your behind handed to you in every game, it's not the game.

  • @valvarez4 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/217630/survivors-dont-like-the-idea-of-dead-by-daylight

    Guy, killer rate is 65-75%. It the killer rate were 25-35% you’ll see thousand of killers complaining and uninstalling the game and this forum will be a river of tears

    You cannot quantify enjoyment. If survivors had more challenging skill requirements, Freddy wouldn't be getting nerfed, because facing him would be a proper skill match-up instead of mashing heads against generators to push through a slow.

  • @Weeb_H_Toast said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1859459#Comment_1859459

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1859464#Comment_1859464

    My Bias is towards a hard, but fair challenge. Surviving with No Mither is a hard, but fair challenge. Surviving, in general, is not, do not pretend that it is. Playing specific killers is not a challenge, some are fair, and most are not. From my experience, making the survivor side take more skill, and then in turn balancing would be far better than allowing casual play to be the most common way the game is played, and as a result, the game being balanced around low stress for the survivor, and the killer only being there for the survivor's enjoyment.

    Unicorn, you're trying to put something in its place, without being able to understand your own Biases, you haven't read my posts or are refusing to understand what they want. I want to be challenged while playing survivor without having to place handicaps on myself. Form your post history, you like riding Behaviours cock, don't understand that calling someone a baby killer drives them away (killing the game faster,) and your profile picture tells me you support the dumpster fire that was the Twins.

    Freddy was the first, remember when blinds and stuns always counted and didn't need to be timed? That was only changed after big named streamers actively said something and encouraged their communities to complain.

    Woah.

    I guess when you can't add anything to a resourceful debate, insult the opposing side and make invalid assumptions.

    I don't ride anything. I examine actions and make judgement upon them.

    Also, I didn't buy the chapter, I bought Elodie because I am a black female in real life & I love representation. (I dont know why I'm wasting my time explaining this to someone like you, but hey, you swear you know it all.)

    Try again next time kiddo.


    Thanks for validating the fact that a biased person can never be overturned, not even with the evidence in their faces.


    Edit: Removed an irrelevant comment.

    Also where did I call someone a baby kil-..?

    You know what... never mind.

  • @feechima said:

    "you should be wary of being near, knowing that getting seen a bad, and getting caught dangerous. It isn't, not to myself or any other truly experienced survivors."

    And yet with every update and killer released the devs introduce a new way to find survivors. Aura reveals in a least 10+ perks and built in killer powers. Survivors WILL be found. At this point you can be revealed for cleansing a totem, touching a gen, getting out of a locker and recently rummaging through a chest. I don't play stealth. It doesn't pay off, and gens don't get done with this nice new undying/ruin combo. I run. You ever seen what happens when a person goes upstairs and hides in the bathtub during a horror movie? They die in the bathtub. Only the ones who fight back, get s**t done. I don't bully killers. That's some latent PVP crap from people who play other multiplayer games where they swagger around the map using hacks and autoaim and call themselves the best there is.

    And there is not one horror game around that maintains it's 'horror and fear factor' for the majority of players. If you play something for 1,000 hours you've seen it all. There is nothing new and no reason to be afraid. Perhaps, you are not challenged with this game since you handicap yourself and still win. That is your experience and not the experience for the majority of the players who barely make it out. Maybe it is not because killers are powerless but that the person behind the killer is not as skilled as you. That happens on both sides. I don't believe you should reward a new player for simply buying a killer that can never be beat. Put in the time like everyone else, if you're getting your behind handed to you in every game, it's not the game.

    I misspoke, what I meant is that I want survivor to be more stressed, skillfully, and challenging. The extent of difficulty on the survivor side is, skill checks and looping. When the added the Exeacutuioner and the skill checks for the struggle faced in the cage, I liked that. Facing most any killer with an instadown, I like that, in most cases, it's your miss play if you get caught out by the down (though No Mitther kinda counter Exposed, and IH for huntress still needs a fix, but ya know.)

    I don't like watching my teammate faceplant in a beartrap on an exit switch, get hooked, and still escape because of them having decisive. I feel the frustration of the killer, and sometimes the leave. I don't like playing an unfair game that I must limit myself in order for the game to be fun.

    I can't even voice my complaints because people will cry killer main and disregard my points.

  • @Unicorn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1859570#Comment_1859570

    Woah.

    I guess when you can't add anything to a resourceful debate, insult the opposing side and make invalid assumptions.

    I don't ride anything. I examine actions and make judgement upon them.

    Also, I didn't buy the chapter, I bought Elodie because I am a black female in real life & I love representation. (I dont know why I'm wasting my time explaining this to someone like you, but hey, you swear you know it all.)

    Try again next time kiddo.

    Thanks for validating the fact that a biased person can never be overturned, not even with the evidence in their faces.

    Edit: Removed an irrelevant comment.

    I'm getting defensive over the fact that it feels like my point of survivor being relatively easy to learn and master, is being twisted into killer bias. Yes, in fact, the game is in the best balance-wise state it's ever been in. It appears that more changes are made to benefit survivors than killers (see hook counter vs. hook progress in the upcoming mid-chapter.)


    I should not have assumed your reason for using her as your picture; to me she represents what's wrong with the developer's mindset. The entire binding of kin chapter was awful, with broken, unusable perks, buggy killer, janky visual updates the further cripple the consoles and those with affordable computers.

    I apologize, I still believe that survivor is too easy, and that most killers, are pushovers.


    This kind of quote can bite someone in the ass if they're not careful (so is this one but, you know.)

    "Thanks for validating the fact that a biased person can never be overturned, not even with the evidence in their faces."

  • @Weeb_H_Toast said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1859459#Comment_1859459

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1859464#Comment_1859464

    My Bias is towards a hard, but fair challenge. Surviving with No Mither is a hard, but fair challenge. Surviving, in general, is not, do not pretend that it is. Playing specific killers is not a challenge, some are fair, and most are not. From my experience, making the survivor side take more skill, and then in turn balancing would be far better than allowing casual play to be the most common way the game is played, and as a result, the game being balanced around low stress for the survivor, and the killer only being there for the survivor's enjoyment.

    Unicorn, you're trying to put something in its place, without being able to understand your own Biases, you haven't read my posts or are refusing to understand what they want. I want to be challenged while playing survivor without having to place handicaps on myself. Form your post history, you like riding Behaviours cock, don't understand that calling someone a baby killer drives them away (killing the game faster,) and your profile picture tells me you support the dumpster fire that was the Twins.

    Freddy was the first, remember when blinds and stuns always counted and didn't need to be timed? That was only changed after big named streamers actively said something and encouraged their communities to complain.

    If you played with @Unicorn as frequently as I do then you’d know that she isn’t anything like what you’re claiming her to be so please come up with a better argument instead of coming up with pointless attacks on her character.

‹ 1 2