Mid chapter

Alright guys we know it’s coming the mid chapter announcement place your bets what do you think is coming this patch here’s my predictions

Clown rework

blight changes

Undying nerf

DS nerf

and many more changes to other perks what do you think is coming

Comments

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    Alright guys we know it’s coming the mid chapter announcement place your bets what do you think is coming this patch here’s my predictions

    Clown rework

    blight changes

    Undying nerf

    DS nerf

    and many more changes to other perks what do you think is coming

    DS nerf? In your dreams man lol. I'd wager DS never gets changed again.

  • How could I forget I forgot about the key changes

  • @Killing_Time said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/217459/mid-chapter

    DS nerf? In your dreams man lol. I'd wager DS never gets changed again.

    i don’t think so remember the freak out when people compared PGTW to DS they said now you have to change DS and they said in there dev stream that DS will get a change but we don’t know when it’s coming

  • @Killing_Time said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/217459/mid-chapter

    DS nerf? In your dreams man lol. I'd wager DS never gets changed again.

    They said in the last Q&A that they're talking about DS because it's being used in the wrong way (to attack and harass the killer by pairing it with perks for invincibility)

  • I'm guessing

    Clown rework (at least hopefully)

    Key changes

    DS changes

    Blight PoV changes

    I'm not sure about Undying but probably.

  • I seriously doubt they are that quick with a change to DS

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    I seriously doubt they are that quick with a change to DS

    That's a good point. I think some of us are hopeful just so we don't have to deal with the bs some survivors purposely put killers through just cuz they have the infamous DS + UB (maybe Head On on top of that). Personally I think DS should automatically deactivate if a survivor jumps in a locker. I get most killers don't fall for that anyways because they know it, but if that isn't DS being used as offensive perk instead of a defensive perk idk what is.

  • We might see a Tinkerer nerf, but I think the biggest problem it has is killers like freddy that can use it 100% of the time, from the info alone, not just undetectable.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855748#Comment_1855748

    That's a good point. I think some of us are hopeful just so we don't have to deal with the bs some survivors purposely put killers through just cuz they have the infamous DS + UB (maybe Head On on top of that). Personally I think DS should automatically deactivate if a survivor jumps in a locker. I get most killers don't fall for that anyways because they know it, but if that isn't DS being used as offensive perk instead of a defensive perk idk what is.

    The thing is,changing DS won't be an easy task.It's gonna be more complicated than a simple number buff (which already takesseveral months for them to do so).

    I'll assume it will take a few months before we hear something new about that.

  • I don't think the clown rework is ready yet, but I think that the Wraith buffs will come out so I am looking forward to that.

  • Key rework and more twins thingy

  • They can say whatever they want about DS. Until I see the actual patch notes, it's all hearsay lol.

  • Pls pls pls Blight POV fix. I wanna be able to see over the damn cattails in the swamp.

  • My guess is:

    -Clown rework which ultimately doesn't improve him all that much OR makes him incredibly easy to play and becomes the next Freddy. Either way, his addons are receiving a sledgehammer to the knees.

    -Some perk changes; Gearhead and Blood Echo are my guesses. Probably a lot of killer perk nerfs; Undying is obvious but I also think Tinkerer, Infectious Fright and Blood Favour will be nerfed. The former two because they are good perks and the latter because it's probably sort of difficult to go against for new players.

    -Probably Blight POV fix.

    -Small Twins nerf, probably making Victor take longer to come back after being kicked.

    -Coldwind Farm graphics update OR Coldwind + Crotus Prenn.

    NOED and DS will not be touched.

  • @Altarf said:

    My guess is:

    -Clown rework which ultimately doesn't improve him all that much OR makes him incredibly easy to play and becomes the next Freddy. Either way, his addons are receiving a sledgehammer to the knees.

    -Some perk changes; Gearhead and Blood Echo are my guesses. Probably a lot of killer perk nerfs; Undying is obvious but I also think Tinkerer, Infectious Fright and Blood Favour will be nerfed. The former two because they are good perks and the latter because it's probably sort of difficult to go against for new players.

    -Probably Blight POV fix.

    -Small Twins nerf, probably making Victor take longer to come back after being kicked.

    -Coldwind Farm graphics update OR Coldwind + Crotus Prenn.

    NOED and DS will not be touched.

    Tinkerer just got changed not to long ago to what it is now. Tinkerer is fine the way it is. Promotes and teaches good game play to killers. It's the combo that needs looked at. Remove the aura to undying and the problem goes away. Then we just back to watching are hexes fly off the boards 2 minutes later than usual.

  • Key Changes

    Clown Rework

    Hopefully some Tweaks for the Twins

    Coldwind and Crotus Prenn Graphical Update (AT LEAST Coldwind will be done, very sure on that one)

  • Didn't they say the Blight changes are coming in the mid chapter? I'm not sure about any of these other things.

  • I'm hoping for the following.

    Blight's PoV raised.

    Wraith's base kit buffed.

    Trapper can carry 2 traps by default.

    Twins: Add 2 mechanics. Pushing the alternate power button to deploy but not switch to Victor. If Victor is out and idle somewhere, you can call him back. Seriously the biggest issue the Twins have is that it is really hard to not be scummy while playing them.

    Also I've heard that they're doing Huntress's addon pass this midchapter but I don't play her enough to have an opinion on that.

  • @GreyBigfoot said:

    We might see a Tinkerer nerf, but I think the biggest problem it has is killers like freddy that can use it 100% of the time, from the info alone, not just undetectable.

    Well if that's what made it strong, it shoulda been changed with the recent buff. Has given that info for awhile, doubt it'll change.

  • @QwQw said:

    Didn't they say the Blight changes are coming in the mid chapter? I'm not sure about any of these other things.

    They said they will be there rather sooner than later. This can mean the upcoming Midchapter or not. The Devs are not really big fans of giving exact dates.

  • @Altarf said:

    My guess is:

    -Clown rework which ultimately doesn't improve him all that much OR makes him incredibly easy to play and becomes the next Freddy. Either way, his addons are receiving a sledgehammer to the knees.

    -Some perk changes; Gearhead and Blood Echo are my guesses. Probably a lot of killer perk nerfs; Undying is obvious but I also think Tinkerer, Infectious Fright and Blood Favour will be nerfed. The former two because they are good perks and the latter because it's probably sort of difficult to go against for new players.

    -Probably Blight POV fix.

    -Small Twins nerf, probably making Victor take longer to come back after being kicked.

    -Coldwind Farm graphics update OR Coldwind + Crotus Prenn.

    NOED and DS will not be touched.

    They also already said Infectious does exactly what they want it to do and it's fine. So doubt that one but it it bhvr they do lie. But real talk out of the undying combo if tinkerer is what get nerfed it just proves the devs don't play there own game, and survivors don't really know how they want the killers to play.

  • I doubt there will be fundamental changes. There was a vacation and almost no info up to date on anything. Certainly not tweaking killers, but more smaller nerfs and perk buffs

  • What I hope for vs what I expect:

    Hoping for:

    Object nerf, Coldwind+Haddonfield update without breakable walls, Clown update (not including Billy-esque changes, especially to addons), Key nerf, Freddy nerf, Spirit nerf, Undying nerf, Trapper buff, Wraith buff, Myers changes, Iri head nerf, rework of iridescent family crest,


    Expecting:

    Clown update shockingly similar to Billy, Coldwind update including tons of breakable walls and see-through walls like in authaven, nerf to zanshin tactics, blood favor, dragons grip, trail of torment, Hoarder, slippery meat, tombstone piece, keys now take 2 seconds to open the hatch, no other changes. Overall rarity of items in chests buffed,

  • Nerf to zanshin? the one time out of a thousand that it gets used will get it nerfed? lel

  • @Killing_Time said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/217459/mid-chapter

    DS nerf? In your dreams man lol. I'd wager DS never gets changed again.

    image.png

    "It's still frequently discussed among the devs, and do want to do something about the more abusive side to it, for example survivors who use it as 60 seconds of invincibility, or killers who view it as purely anti-tunnel and then get hit when they're not tunneling."

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Key Changes

    Clown Rework

    Hopefully some Tweaks for the Twins

    Coldwind and Crotus Prenn Graphical Update (AT LEAST Coldwind will be done, very sure on that one)

    Well, it will be The Game and Crotus Prenn.

    https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1347211488092688385

    My "AT LEAST Coldwind will be done, very sure on that one" aged poorly.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1856447#Comment_1856447

    Well, it will be The Game and Crotus Prenn.

    https://twitter.com/DeadByBHVR/status/1347211488092688385

    My "AT LEAST Coldwind will be done, very sure on that one" aged poorly.

    Yep I was wrong I thought coldwin would get reworked but I was right with Crotus prenn asylum

  • @Killing_Time said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/217459/mid-chapter

    DS nerf? In your dreams man lol. I'd wager DS never gets changed again.

    I believe they will change the Locker+DS interaction but I doubt it will be this midchapter.

  • @Chilli_man2400 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1856645#Comment_1856645

    Yep I was wrong I thought coldwin would get reworked but I was right with Crotus prenn asylum

    I mean, it would have been a logical choice considering they started with MacMillan followed by Autohaven.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1856726#Comment_1856726

    I mean, it would have been a logical choice considering they started with MacMillan followed by Autohaven.

    I was expecting coldwin cause they reworked the original 2 maps but they didn’t rework this one? There very strange with map choices but I’m happy there changing Crotus prenn asylum and game cause those maps suck

  • @Killing_Time said:

    They can say whatever they want about DS. Until I see the actual patch notes, it's all hearsay lol.

    That's everything in the game though. "Until patch notes are out, everything you say is just that. Words"

    People are saying this will be Clown's midchapter rework, is that confirmed anywhere by the devs? no. Do we think it is though? yeah.

    Most likely tomorrow we will know what's going on with midchapter. We always find out the friday before the ptb. I'm assuming ptb is tuesday.

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    I'm hoping for the following.

    Blight's PoV raised.

    Wraith's base kit buffed.

    Trapper can carry 2 traps by default.

    Twins: Add 2 mechanics. Pushing the alternate power button to deploy but not switch to Victor. If Victor is out and idle somewhere, you can call him back. Seriously the biggest issue the Twins have is that it is really hard to not be scummy while playing them.

    Also I've heard that they're doing Huntress's addon pass this midchapter but I don't play her enough to have an opinion on that.

    Huntress is sometime after Clown. The add-on pass is going to be way later most likely.

  • @chargernick85 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1856353#Comment_1856353

    They also already said Infectious does exactly what they want it to do and it's fine. So doubt that one but it it bhvr they do lie. But real talk out of the undying combo if tinkerer is what get nerfed it just proves the devs don't play there own game, and survivors don't really know how they want the killers to play.

    If they change tinkerer it's not going to have anything to do with the combo because when addressing the combo in stream they only ever mention Ruin and Undying.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855730#Comment_1855730

    I believe they will change the Locker+DS interaction but I doubt it will be this midchapter.

    All they have to do for that is make it so it deactivates as soon as you enter a locker, plain and simple. Idk how much of the actual coding would need to be redone so Idk as far as coding goes how "plain and simple" it is, but that is something that needs to be done.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1856739#Comment_1856739

    All they have to do for that is make it so it deactivates as soon as you enter a locker, plain and simple. Idk how much of the actual coding would need to be redone so Idk as far as coding goes how "plain and simple" it is, but that is something that needs to be done.

    It shouldnt be hard to make the perk not working while inside a Locker, I know the spaguetti-code meme but still unless is a real mess it shouldnt be THAT hard but if we look back at other supposedly easy changes like Moris were they only needed to change hook value and instead of a =1 put a =2 and it took them who knows how many months?. So its either they have their pipelane full with more important stuff to do, its not as easy as we think, they may be thinking of something else that requires aditional coding or they may have made the change internally and they are testing it before releasing or who knows.

    I think they said they were going to check on some "creative" ways of using certain perks and Im sure DS+Locker is one of them.

  • @HectorBrando said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857134#Comment_1857134

    It shouldnt be hard to make the perk not working while inside a Locker, I know the spaguetti-code meme but still unless is a real mess it shouldnt be THAT hard but if we look back at other supposedly easy changes like Moris were they only needed to change hook value and instead of a =1 put a =2 and it took them who knows how many months?. So its either they have their pipelane full with more important stuff to do, its not as easy as we think, they may be thinking of something else that requires aditional coding or they may have made the change internally and they are testing it before releasing or who knows.

    I think they said they were going to check on some "creative" ways of using certain perks and Im sure DS+Locker is one of them.

    You can actually still be mori'd off of first hook. It's more related to hook state. If a survivor gets you off hook even a second to late you can be mori'd. Me and a friend tested this.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855753#Comment_1855753

    The thing is,changing DS won't be an easy task.It's gonna be more complicated than a simple number buff (which already takesseveral months for them to do so).

    I'll assume it will take a few months before we hear something new about that.

    I miss the days when I could play a game that devs could update every week to fix bugs. Nowadays we have to wait months on end, years even to get a significant update to obviously overpowered or underpowered things

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857191#Comment_1857191

    You can actually still be mori'd off of first hook. It's more related to hook state. If a survivor gets you off hook even a second to late you can be mori'd. Me and a friend tested this.

    I know, but the Hook value I meant was the way I believe Moris work internally, Survivors start with Hook=0 which means you havent been hooked, you get hooked once, it increases by 1, you get hooked twice it increases by 1 again (reaching 2 and letting you get Moried) then the second case (what you tested) if you get hooked once it increases by 1 and if you are left to reach second stage it increases by 1 again, getting you to value 2 when Mori can be activated.

    I dont know the code so this is pure speculation but it cant be much different from something like "If hook value=2 then you can Mori the poor chump", how you reach that value either by being hooked twice or being hooked once and left to reach second stage shouldnt matter codewise, hence my "changing how the Moris worked couldnt be THAT hard yet it took them ages" statement.

  • Killer changes- good on paper, hopefully not bad for play

    Survivor changes- won't dethrone them from the power role

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1856059#Comment_1856059

    That's everything in the game though. "Until patch notes are out, everything you say is just that. Words"

    People are saying this will be Clown's midchapter rework, is that confirmed anywhere by the devs? no. Do we think it is though? yeah.

    Most likely tomorrow we will know what's going on with midchapter. We always find out the friday before the ptb. I'm assuming ptb is tuesday.

    I don't think Clown will be that much better. If he can't get around the map better he'll still be where he's at.

  • @Killing_Time said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1857120#Comment_1857120

    I don't think Clown will be that much better. If he can't get around the map better he'll still be where he's at.

    I would not be surprised if that were the case. I don't think his power was built for map pressure and even though it wasn't finalized, the little tidbit the devs showed us during a Q&A live stream didn't seem to show any real rework of the power. I doubt he will have better map pressure after the rework and he'll stay in a similar spot.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1858016#Comment_1858016

    I would not be surprised if that were the case. I don't think his power was built for map pressure and even though it wasn't finalized, the little tidbit the devs showed us during a Q&A live stream didn't seem to show any real rework of the power. I doubt he will have better map pressure after the rework and he'll stay in a similar spot.

    What they showed us looks like it just burns precious time that he already doesn't have. I'm not being negative or disrespectful, but I just don't think it will be an that impact vs like his power totally preventing actions like Doctor.

  • @Slashstreetboy said:

    What I hope for vs what I expect:

    Hoping for:

    Object nerf, Coldwind+Haddonfield update without breakable walls, Clown update (not including Billy-esque changes, especially to addons), Key nerf, Freddy nerf, Spirit nerf, Undying nerf, Trapper buff, Wraith buff, Myers changes, Iri head nerf, rework of iridescent family crest,

    Expecting:

    Clown update shockingly similar to Billy, Coldwind update including tons of breakable walls and see-through walls like in authaven, nerf to zanshin tactics, blood favor, dragons grip, trail of torment, Hoarder, slippery meat, tombstone piece, keys now take 2 seconds to open the hatch, no other changes. Overall rarity of items in chests buffed,

    Spirit was already nerfed once. They fundamentally changed prayer beads and took away collision when she is phasing. I don't see her getting more treatment when there are some killers requiring more important changes.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1855730#Comment_1855730

    They said in the last Q&A that they're talking about DS because it's being used in the wrong way (to attack and harass the killer by pairing it with perks for invincibility)

    So maybe it gets a buff...

    Wouldn´t be surprised.

  • To me it doesn't sound like a buff would happen to DS. Why would they buff a perk that's being used to harass the other side? They're nerfing it if anything.

  • @ChurchofPig said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1858259#Comment_1858259

    To me it doesn't sound like a buff would happen to DS. Why would they buff a perk that's being used to harass the other side? They're nerfing it if anything.

    Well they've been "nerfing" it several times now. Every time it became stronger and stronger.

    I think it's time for a "buff".

  • @Tsulan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1859599#Comment_1859599

    Well they've been "nerfing" it several times now. Every time it became stronger and stronger.

    I think it's time for a "buff".

    That works.