Just remember dbd is survivor sided.

azame san playing Dead by Daylight: Special Edition at XboxClips.co

Look I'm not here to complain, I just want to know how this hits and why the devs wont fix it already. You're gonna tell me the game is survivor sided but you can abuse this? Inb4 all the "its your wifi" look at the top left there was no wifi circle.

I just tried to come back to playing survivor and this bot freddy outplays me I guess. I still escape which was nice but they need to focus on punishing killers who have bad connection.

Edit: the bad servers arent a big reason its not survivor sided, it's more of an icing on the cake of already having the population of survivors be very bad. When I say this I'm just saying in public matches losing as killer is very hard if you are good. Yet people still complain about pub survivors using DS and UB like it's the end of the world.

Comments

  • @Hex_UrbanEvasion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1837482#Comment_1837482

    This, actually. They've done a lot of work to improve killers' playability. I wasn't around back in those dark days, but one of my friends was. He used to be able to go through an entire map with Jake Park and take down every hook.

    Hahaha yeah i kinda forgot about the fact that sabotaged hooks didn't respawned 😂

    They indeed did a lot of improvements over the years, but i just found it hilarious that the person I replied to said in never was survivor sided.

    That cracked me up and I thought about this dark page in dbd history 😂

  • @Dennis_van_eijk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1837499#Comment_1837499

    Hahaha yeah i kinda forgot about the fact that sabotaged hooks didn't respawned 😂

    They indeed did a lot of improvements over the years, but i just found it hilarious that the person I replied to said in never was survivor sided.

    That cracked me up and I thought about this dark page in dbd history 😂

    For real for real. The early days were rough.

    6b5.jpg


  • Now imagine that against a killer that can throw projectiles with 5 chances!

  • Your title and the video have absolutely nothing to do with one another. You got hit because the dedicated servers aren't great. IE his video would show you as being much closer to him than he was on yours. I'm not sure how we get from bad dedicated servers and hit detection to now the game isn't survivor sided. Quite some stretches we're making here.

  • @Blueberry said:

    Your title and the video have absolutely nothing to do with one another. You got hit because the dedicated servers aren't great. IE his video would show you as being much closer to him than he was on yours. I'm not sure how we get from bad dedicated servers and hit detection to now the game isn't survivor sided. Quite some stretches we're making here.

    big brain bullshitargument to nerf killer. but i have to say this game in solo survivor is super hard cau'z you always get teamate that got boosted to red rank smh, they playu like they are rank 15-14. hiding, not doing gen while the killer is in chase (yes they saw him chasing someone else), not saving at all and if there is 1 or 2 kill they hide and wait for tha hatch. solo potatoes boosted teamate is cancer and his the only way the game can be killer sided. And believe me it happen quite frequently.

  • @Aldofer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1837597#Comment_1837597

    big brain bullshitargument to nerf killer. but i have to say this game in solo survivor is super hard cau'z you always get teamate that got boosted to red rank smh, they playu like they are rank 15-14. hiding, not doing gen while the killer is in chase (yes they saw him chasing someone else), not saving at all and if there is 1 or 2 kill they hide and wait for tha hatch. solo potatoes boosted teamate is cancer and his the only way the game can be killer sided. And believe me it happen quite frequently.

    "hard" is the wrong term, though. What you are describing is "luck based" as you can not mechanically win if your team refuses to do play the game and dies in seconds.

    "hard" suggests that your individual skill has an impact but really if you got 3 teammates that just hop from bush to bush you will not win even if you are the best solo survivor in the world.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1837193#Comment_1837193

    1. All I know is that most freddy's have the worst ping.
    2. Well yeah thats why I play killer more.
    3. They favor killer hard
    4. Im building my pc extremely soon.

    4.

    image.png

    Considering how bad the frame rate on console is for this game. This statement is rather accurate.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1837630#Comment_1837630

    "hard" is the wrong term, though. What you are describing is "luck based" as you can not mechanically win if your team refuses to do play the game and dies in seconds.

    "hard" suggests that your individual skill has an impact but really if you got 3 teammates that just hop from bush to bush you will not win even if you are the best solo survivor in the world.

    what i mean is that it can feel hard and unfair, but it's in all multiplayer game with a team and yes it's bullshit and i want everyone to understand is that it's worse in this game because ranks mean nothing thanks to boosting and generally how easy it is to pip as a survivor even if you play poorly.

  • @JimbusCrimbus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1837304#Comment_1837304

    Oh give it a rest. If it was all about what the killer saw, you'd never see cucked grabs on the killer side. It's not a survivor specific issue.

    No it very much favors killers. Grabs are broken because they were coded for p2p not dedicated servers they are working on that right now and recording deadhard with it.

  • @Blueberry said:

    Your title and the video have absolutely nothing to do with one another. You got hit because the dedicated servers aren't great. IE his video would show you as being much closer to him than he was on yours. I'm not sure how we get from bad dedicated servers and hit detection to now the game isn't survivor sided. Quite some stretches we're making here.

    These poor servers make looping very hard because you dont even have an accurate read on the killer. Combine that with bad teammates you cant win if the killer is competent. If they have good ping though it's more balanced. That's why I think pubs are killer sided just slightly.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    Now imagine that against a killer that can throw projectiles with 5 chances!

    That's what makes huntress kinda boring combine that with the hatchet holding nonsense some like to do. It's just annoying.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1837294#Comment_1837294

    Oh nah you've seen these forums I am indeed a toxic entitled biased survivor main 😔💅

    I bet you use DS, typical survivor mains always out to get the killer.

  • The game is survivor sided. Freddy is the best killer and against a NON SWF, Freddy will do better then others. This does not mean the game is not survivor sided. It only means Freddy is good and even a player controlling a "worse" killer can still have amazing games against non SWF groups and some killers will simply have thousands of more hours of play then you, and that can help make up the gap

  • @Xzan said:

    Aim Dressing decided to hit the tree instead of the survivor. So the game is clearly survivor sided. /s

    If you would write something without showing your clear bias, people would take you more seriously.

    Aim dressing cucking 1 hit or take isnt stopping these horrible servers.

    I'm not bias I mean I main killer it's pretty easy, you cant tell me you are looping a bad ping freddy. Matter in fact, with these servers you cant loop any killer that has poor ping, they are given to much leniency to their hits.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1837058#Comment_1837058

    No I will definetly assume the killer had had connection especially when hes swinging and hitting air at the start. Pub games are more killer favored. Only comp is survivor sided. Also huntress gets bad hits anyways one uhit taken away isnt gonna stop the million undeserving ones shes given lol.

    Comp is what should be looked at for balancing, not pub. So this post is irrelevant lol.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1837064#Comment_1837064

    Comp is what should be looked at for balancing, not pub. So this post is irrelevant lol.

    Never that. Comp should not be balanced when the majority of the playerbase is not good. Console survivors are bad pc survivors are bad. There are not good survivors, well atleast enough of them to achieve balance . Why do you think solo queue is complained about?

  • @carnage4u said:

    The game is survivor sided. Freddy is the best killer and against a NON SWF, Freddy will do better then others. This does not mean the game is not survivor sided. It only means Freddy is good and even a player controlling a "worse" killer can still have amazing games against non SWF groups and some killers will simply have thousands of more hours of play then you, and that can help make up the gap

    Freddy is horrible, the killer only got me due to his bad internet. But I do agree because he only destroys non swf. The game is not survivor sided in pubs because the survivors arent good. There are so many bad survivors it's hard to lose in pubs.

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1837266#Comment_1837266

    4.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2VPA8Z8Y6P2R/image.png

    Considering how bad the frame rate on console is for this game. This statement is rather accurate.

    Yeah glad to join the master race hopefully I can verse sweats here.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1837665#Comment_1837665

    Yeah glad to join the master race hopefully I can verse sweats here.

    If you can play against PC killers using a console, you'll be at an advantage when you have the same equipment as them.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1837799#Comment_1837799

    Never that. Comp should not be balanced when the majority of the playerbase is not good. Console survivors are bad pc survivors are bad. There are not good survivors, well atleast enough of them to achieve balance . Why do you think solo queue is complained about?

    It’s on the player base to improve. There are also plenty of balancing things that would mostly affect top level. Online random with friends isn’t going to escape more or less if DS gets nerfed (which is should). Bad players will be bad no matter what.

  • @OniWantsYourMacaroni said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/215531/just-remember-dbd-is-survivor-sided

    Yeah,hit validation just doesn't seem to work at all.

    It still favours the killer no matter what your ping is

    Yeah it does, I've actually gotten matches where my ping has been as low as 24 and still horrible hits. The devs are just afraid of making things fair and server-based because they might upset some killers. Especially killers who are accustomed to taking advantage of fake hits. Are there any videos of rejected hits from The Killers perspective? I have not seen any and I'm curious what that looks like. If it does exist, it must be a very rare occurrence. one other thing I have noticed is that we're not seeing a flood of threads complaining about hits not connecting or being rejected. So that means that it must be extremely rare or non-existent. Every stream of killer matches where they have a high ping and that white or red icon in the top left, none of their hits are rejected.

  • I'm no expert, but I'm fairly certain that was a medium vault, which gives the killer FAR more leeway to get the hit.

  • Nah, killer is easy as hell. Escape rate was 25-30% before undying and map reworks, and that includes swf. But you read these forums where 90% are killers main and they want 4k every game

  • @azame said:

    https://xboxclips.co/azame-san/0cdbfa44-271d-40ca-8b0c-3f7a63f37d3a

    Look I'm not here to complain, I just want to know how this hits and why the devs wont fix it already. You're gonna tell me the game is survivor sided but you can abuse this? Inb4 all the "its your wifi" look at the top left there was no wifi circle.

    I just tried to come back to playing survivor and this bot freddy outplays me I guess. I still escape which was nice but they need to focus on punishing killers who have bad connection.

    While I do agree that hit was BS. Nobody thinks this game is survivor sided for solo q, And if they do theyre simply repeating what theyve heard from others without knowing what they're talking about. Same goes for Unbreakable + DS.

    Solo Q = Killer Sided

    SWF = Survivor Sided

  • This happens to me more often than not. It's to the point that I don't trust vaulting or dropping pallets unless I'm absolutely desperate because they feel like death traps.

  • It goes for both sides. Killers don't get hits they deserve and survivors get hits they don't deserve. Everyone suffers from these issues. Idk why survivors think it is only superior to them to experience these undeserved hits.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1837306#Comment_1837306

    No it very much favors killers. Grabs are broken because they were coded for p2p not dedicated servers they are working on that right now and recording deadhard with it.

    So hits weren't "coded for P2P"? :)

  • @EvilJoshy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1837812#Comment_1837812

    If you can play against PC killers using a console, you'll be at an advantage when you have the same equipment as them.

    It goes both ways, as killer I am very excited I want to face alot of sweaty pc swfs so I can improve my comp skills. I also want to improve my blight.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1837805#Comment_1837805

    It’s on the player base to improve. There are also plenty of balancing things that would mostly affect top level. Online random with friends isn’t going to escape more or less if DS gets nerfed (which is should). Bad players will be bad no matter what.

    Yeah and the playerbase isnt improving lol. Despite most of the actual crutches being removed (infinites, double pallets, vacuum pallets). DS does not need to get nerfed in my opinion. Also ds itself isnt carrying bad players to a win, it does not make gens go instantly, nor is it improving their iq and chase game. Bad players in this game are common really common.

  • @CosmicParagon said:

    I'm no expert, but I'm fairly certain that was a medium vault, which gives the killer FAR more leeway to get the hit.

    I fast vaulted ######### are you talking about watch the clip again. Also you are correct though medium vaults do give more leeway. Medium vaukts look more like slow vaults, also play more survivor if you cant even tell the difference.

  • @valvarez4 said:

    Nah, killer is easy as hell. Escape rate was 25-30% before undying and map reworks, and that includes swf. But you read these forums where 90% are killers main and they want 4k every game

    I wouldnt say that but some of the killer mains on this forums are questionable. that being said I do agree killer is very easy, atleast in pubs which is why I'm trying to become a comp killer.

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/215531/just-remember-dbd-is-survivor-sided

    While I do agree that hit was BS. Nobody thinks this game is survivor sided for solo q, And if they do theyre simply repeating what theyve heard from others without knowing what they're talking about. Same goes for Unbreakable + DS.

    Solo Q = Killer Sided

    SWF = Survivor Sided

    Top tier swf = survivor sided.

    Swf does not make bad survivors good nor does it make them have better iq.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1837935#Comment_1837935

    Top tier swf = survivor sided.

    Swf does not make bad survivors good nor does it make them have better iq.

    No matter their skill level, they will perform better than when they were solos.

    Also, whether it´s killer or survivor sided is contextual.

    Playing MDR+Yakuyoke Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer/Stridor sweaty Spirit vs 4 noob solos? Yeah, Killer sided. Playing brown addons trapper against a strong SWF? 100% they have the advantage. There are many variables to this, which you should know as an experienced player.

  • @GamerGirlFeng said:

    This happens to me more often than not. It's to the point that I don't trust vaulting or dropping pallets unless I'm absolutely desperate because they feel like death traps.

    Finally someone else. People on here refuse to believe it's common. I can get clips of it happening multiple times a day. You have to be near perfect in looping if you dont want to be bad wifi'd.

  • @Chechia said:

    It goes for both sides. Killers don't get hits they deserve and survivors get hits they don't deserve. Everyone suffers from these issues. Idk why survivors think it is only superior to them to experience these undeserved hits.

    No stop trying to justify this lol. Killers rarely get robbed of hits. Aim dressing happens maybe once or twice if it happens. Bad hits happen all the time. I can show you clips of me getting these bad hits as killer, they look like they dont even connect.

  • Technically yes, the dedicated servers and hits are fine if both parties have good ping. They will work just like they did in the past. However the devs overlooked making your ping worse to de sync yourself to get bad hits.

  • @Slashstreetboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1837964#Comment_1837964

    No matter their skill level, they will perform better than when they were solos.

    Also, whether it´s killer or survivor sided is contextual.

    Playing MDR+Yakuyoke Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer/Stridor sweaty Spirit vs 4 noob solos? Yeah, Killer sided. Playing brown addons trapper against a strong SWF? 100% they have the advantage. There are many variables to this, which you should know as an experienced player.

    I'll give it to you, but just because they can do better than solo doesnt mean they will win. Pub swf teams just arent good, which is why I'm turning to comp.

    But you are right there are alot of variables to the equation. Which is why its alod unfair to say swf is survivor sided because what if its double recharge nurse?, or double speed ruin undying blight?

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1837972#Comment_1837972

    I'll give it to you, but just because they can do better than solo doesnt mean they will win. Pub swf teams just arent good, which is why I'm turning to comp.

    But you are right there are alot of variables to the equation. Which is why its alod unfair to say swf is survivor sided because what if its double recharge nurse?, or double speed ruin undying blight?

    "pub SWF just aren´t good". This is true like 9/10 matches, agreed, but I think it´s fair to also acknowledge that there are great teams out there. Especially late-night (11pm-5am) on EU it´s quite the sweatfest.

    Btw, these seem like some pretty BS hits, I think they need to polish hit validation a bit more. Personally, I didn´t even notice it was enabled, but I have good ping AND the luxury of living relatively close to the german server.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1837944#Comment_1837944

    Technically yes, the dedicated servers and hits are fine if both parties have good ping. They will work just like they did in the past. However the devs overlooked making your ping worse to de sync yourself to get bad hits.

    Not "technically" yes. They flat our were. The game wasn't meant for dedicated servers, and due to the nature of dedicated servers, the issues can never, literally ever, be truly fixed. Latency will always play a part on centralized dedicated servers.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1837940#Comment_1837940

    No stop trying to justify this lol. Killers rarely get robbed of hits. Aim dressing happens maybe once or twice if it happens. Bad hits happen all the time. I can show you clips of me getting these bad hits as killer, they look like they dont even connect.

    Guess we have different experiences then. I play a lot of killer and it happens a lot, especially if you play huntress. I can't count the times that a hatchet flew right through the survivor without injuring them. Grabs are also a huge thing, probably the counterpart to dedicated hits on survivor side.

    I never wanted to justify anything. Devs should definetly work to fix these issues. But I can't stand the talk about "survivor sided" or "killer sided". You are basically saying in your post that survivor suffer more from dedicated server issues which is simply not true and just amplifies the whole drama around this topic even more.

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/215531/just-remember-dbd-is-survivor-sided

    While I do agree that hit was BS. Nobody thinks this game is survivor sided for solo q, And if they do theyre simply repeating what theyve heard from others without knowing what they're talking about. Same goes for Unbreakable + DS.

    Solo Q = Killer Sided

    SWF = Survivor Sided

    Yes and no.

    Even solo can be survivor sided, but i must say that will only count if you got survivors who know what they're doing.

    I always play solo and had a few times where we were just outplaying the killer.

    The whole match we were so coördinated that we looked like a swf on comms.

    I messaged the 3 others asking if they were a swf or not, ok I admit they could be lying but maybe not, all 3 were solo q.

    Nothing looked like they were swf by looking at their profile and friends list.

    But yeah it's not comment but with good survivors it will be survivor sided

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1837935#Comment_1837935

    Top tier swf = survivor sided.

    Swf does not make bad survivors good nor does it make them have better iq.

    SWF makes the game in their favor since it gives them a huge advantage over normal solo queue. VC is a strong tool in this game

  • @Slashstreetboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1837989#Comment_1837989

    "pub SWF just aren´t good". This is true like 9/10 matches, agreed, but I think it´s fair to also acknowledge that there are great teams out there. Especially late-night (11pm-5am) on EU it´s quite the sweatfest.

    Btw, these seem like some pretty BS hits, I think they need to polish hit validation a bit more. Personally, I didn´t even notice it was enabled, but I have good ping AND the luxury of living relatively close to the german server.

    Same here.

    I play with 25 to 30 ping, 40 at max.

    And i live in the Netherlands so pretty close to Germany.

    But there is a part that also plays on the EU server and they are known for terrible connection.

    I said it in a earlier reply, had a game where to lowest was in the 200 ping the highest went up to 800 ping.

    Now I can tell you, that match was nowhere fun.

    Even hugging survivors for a hit didn't guarantee me 1

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1837868#Comment_1837868

    Yeah and the playerbase isnt improving lol. Despite most of the actual crutches being removed (infinites, double pallets, vacuum pallets). DS does not need to get nerfed in my opinion. Also ds itself isnt carrying bad players to a win, it does not make gens go instantly, nor is it improving their iq and chase game. Bad players in this game are common really common.

    That’s what i’m saying.... nerfs to meta perks are almost exclusively going to affect high level survivors. Bad survivors will die either way, which is why the game should be balanced around good players.

  • Maaaaaan the people crying about your build are like

    immagine.png

    The more I play the more I'm convinced hit validation isn't working considering I still get very questionable hits while playing killer AND while playing survivor. But, are we really surprised?

  • @Slashstreetboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1837964#Comment_1837964

    No matter their skill level, they will perform better than when they were solos.

    Also, whether it´s killer or survivor sided is contextual.

    Playing MDR+Yakuyoke Ruin/Undying/Tinkerer/Stridor sweaty Spirit vs 4 noob solos? Yeah, Killer sided. Playing brown addons trapper against a strong SWF? 100% they have the advantage. There are many variables to this, which you should know as an experienced player.

    Straight up this. But considering this forum is GNUUUUUUUUUUUUUU SURVIVORS OP NERFSSSS DS :(((( I will keep taking "the survivors" side, and I'm mostly one who plays killer, literally just to spread some drama around

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1837959#Comment_1837959

    That’s what i’m saying.... nerfs to meta perks are almost exclusively going to affect high level survivors. Bad survivors will die either way, which is why the game should be balanced around good players.

    Once again there is not enough good survivors to do this. The devs know that.

  • @nursewannabe said:

    Maaaaaan the people crying about your build are like

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/2GROZY3D4P1J/immagine.png

    The more I play the more I'm convinced hit validation isn't working considering I still get very questionable hits while playing killer AND while playing survivor. But, are we really surprised?

    My heather is only level 42 that's all I had. I dont even normslly run DS,UB, and soul guard.

    The second test was actually solid for me. It was my favorite one it worked but just needed to help consistency. After that it feels as if it isnt on.

  • @Shroompy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1837964#Comment_1837964

    SWF makes the game in their favor since it gives them a huge advantage over normal solo queue. VC is a strong tool in this game

    Even with the game favoring them they still lose because you need to be good to make vc actually scary, except the community is full of bad players.

1 2 3