No Bloodlust = True Skill Balance


I've been seeing a lot of killer mains posting their annoyance about the lack of bloodlust this weekend and I only have one thing to say about that:

If you are experiencing survivors escaping more often this weekend and feel no bloodlust is the issue, you're finally seeing the skill-gap those particular survivors have compared to you.

Bloodlust is the equivalent of throwing GTA V's catch-up feature from races into a proper Forza race. It's a subtle crutch that gives killers an edge they wouldn't normally have, even when they're already faster.

If a survivor is getting away more, then they are ultimately outplaying you. There will always be small outliers, but claiming bloodlust is the difference maker is not a reasonable excuse.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk

Comments

  • Agreed. I mostly play low and mid-tier killers because they are more fun IMO. I’ve drawn 2 games, won the rest.

    People crying about BL are probably limited to the unexperienced Rank 15+ killers that just commit too long to chases. If you’re doing this at red ranks...WHY!?

  • the only thing removing bloodlust has exposed is that survivors think they're gods for running unmindgameble loops lol

  • Ah..another post that has 0 logical backing and would rather smear people instead...

  • @UnknownlyKnown said:

    Agreed. I rarely get bloodlust ever, as I just break pallets and use my power before bloodlust comes into effect. Which is what all killers should do. The true skill of killers should come out around now.

    Not every killer is designed that way..

  • @duhffee said:

    I've been seeing a lot of killer mains posting their annoyance about the lack of bloodlust this weekend and I only have one thing to say about that:

    If you are experiencing survivors escaping more often this weekend and feel no bloodlust is the issue, you're finally seeing the skill-gap those particular survivors have compared to you.

    Bloodlust is the equivalent of throwing GTA V's catch-up feature from races into a proper Forza race. It's a subtle crutch that gives killers an edge they wouldn't normally have, even when they're already faster.

    If a survivor is getting away more, then they are ultimately outplaying you. There will always be small outliers, but claiming bloodlust is the difference maker is not a reasonable excuse.

    Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk

    Nah. At first it didn't make much of a difference to me but I've been getting more and more sweat squads the last ew fhours and it has made anyone below Blight/Freddy/Spirit outright unplayable against good players

    Seriously, I don't think many people realise just how much the lower tier killers NEED BL1. 2 and 3 are irrelevant as they exist to just remove any skill whatosever.

    If the survivor is getting away more its because they have a higher skill ceiling. What in christs name am I supposed to do against an L/T wall with a no LOS breaker pallet loop on either side as Micheal? I can't because micheal is limited by his power. Meanwhile Spirit/Nurse/Huntress/Blight/Hag have a multitude of ways to handle this. My only option is to throw on a band aid perk like Bamboozle. But I already have 2 band aid perks on.


    Remove 2 and 3. Keep one. If you remove BL1 than over half the killer roster will need absolutely MASSIVE chase buffs to make them playable against a half decent looper.

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    I disagree.

    I've been playing quite a bit of killer today. With one exception, the only times I've really wished Bloodlust wasn't off was when, after a pallet drop or hit, the Survivor would just start holding W and beeline their way across the map. This was in spite of playing quite a few matches as killers that one might expect would miss Bloodlust quite a bit. Legion, Pig, Demo, and Trapper specifically. Last I checked, a survivor just holding W across the map is not particularly skillful but as those 4 killers... I don't exactly have any way to counter that either. Bloodlust was never a perfect solution to that problem but it was capable of helping.

    The one exception I mentioned earlier was a game I had as Trapper where... I don't know how they did it but almost none of my traps stayed active for more than like... 15 seconds. I didn't see an OoO gamer or anything... but I was basically completely unable to get anything out of my power, basically leaving me as a basic M1 killer. The fact that this can happen to Trapper and will also be possible to do against The Twins for 45s when they come out makes me think that Tier 1 Bloodlust should still exist.

    I will say though that Deathslinger and Blight do not miss Bloodlust. They're powers give them enough range/mobility that they don't need it.

    If more people saw the math of how much time a pallet stun/DS stun into hold W a survivor can waste more people would have a problem with match speeds.

  • @HellDescent said:

    You do realize that there are still infinites in this game right? And maps are not designed in a way that would be balanced without bloodlust.

    Infinites don’t exist anymore.

  • Sure. Why would you be worried about what happens to "bad killers" in the first place? Maybe because you can't even get away from bad killers? I don't know. I think that is much more telling than people complaining. People will always complain if something affects them, a little or a lot.

    I think this will affect very little high skilled killers and hight tier killers and affect more lower skill killers and tiers. They still have the right to oppose a decision, whether or not they are good or bad. Sure, I think they could learn without it, but even the devs recognize some changes to maps were necessary for that to start and there are still plenty of areas that were not changed and good survivors here and there saying their matches became easier because of that. If that is to stay afterwards I will respect it and adapt, but I don't think this attitude is constructive of name calling and shaming when everyone that is in the game has the right to play it and learn.

    Maybe this is something that will only truly affect people that should learn otherwise. I don't really know. When it becomes set in stone we will know for sure after more time without it. I think people are too quick to judge with only 1 or 2 days of gameplay and no access to the data.

  • i am mainsurviver and play killer (red ranks) sometimes, i am a ok killer and make many 4k before bl and now after bl, I dont even notice it in game, the way the game is played is still the same, if noobis cant manage anything without bl, they just stop with killer gameplay ...

  • @DudelPumaAce said:

    i am mainsurviver and play killer (red ranks) sometimes, i am a ok killer and make many 4k before bl and now after bl, I dont even notice it in game, the way the game is played is still the same, if noobis cant manage anything without bl, they just stop with killer gameplay ...

    Maybe in this case you could post your killer matches along with the posting of this thread to make a comparison:

    @MrPenguin said:

    My thoughts about the experience are at the bottom if that's all you want to see.

    Mostly just raw data, just posting here so everyone can see if they care for some reason. Added some notes and thoughts as well. Wrote down the outcomes of all my matches today. Bit of a long read if you want everything.

    Focused on the survivor side today, played how I normally do. Will be busy tomorrow so hopefully I can test the killer side before the experiment ends. Killer ranks were a little varied, as per usual, but the performances were fairly consistent for the most part. At most was in a duo for games. Most games seemed played normally by both sides as far as I could tell, but no way to really know 100%.

    Quick data (unless I messed up):

    • Average kills per game: 1.13
    • Average hooks per game: 3.95
    • Kills in Order: 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 0, 3, 0 ,1, 0, 0, 2, 0, 0, 0, 4, 0, 2, 4, 1, 4, 0, 2.
    • Hooks in order: 3, 2, 5, 3, 3, 4, 3, 4, 4, 4, 3, 3, 0, 4, 2, 8, 3, 4, 4, 3, 10, 5, 7.

    Format: Map

    Killer - Kills - Hooks - personal Result - Possible extra details

    1) Preschool

    Clown - 0k - 3 hooks - Gate Escape

    2) Haddonfield

    Wraith - 0k -2 hooks - Gate Escape

    3) Rotten fields

    Slinger - 1k - 5 hooks -Gate Escape

    4) Thompson House

    Hag - 1k - 3 hooks - Gate Escape

    5) Groaning Storehouse

    Wraith - 1k - 3 hooks - Gate Escape - Main Building is disgusting with no BL it seems, so everyone just ran there for chase.

    6) Temple Of Purgation

    Hag - 0K - 4 hooks - Gate Escape

    7) Gas Heaven

    Freddy - Mori  3K - 3 hooks - Hatch Escape - didn’t get funbus :(

    8) Badham

    Trapper - 0K - 4 hooks - Gate Escape - Not the best trapper around

    9) Hawkins

    Hillbilly - 1k - 4 hooks - Gate Escape

    10) Fractured Cowshed

    Wraith - 0k - 4 hooks - Gate escape

    11) Ironworks - Legion - 0k - 3 hooks - Gate Escape

    Upper floor is gross to no one's surprise, survivors were smart enough to split up on gens.

    12) The Game (offering)

    Mirror Myers - 2k - 3 hooks - sacrificed - Death by first hook Camp with NoED, Bill was tunneled and camped as well till death

    13) Haddonfield

    Hillbilly - 0k - 0 hooks - "Escape" due to killer DC - Killer DC'd after 2 chases with no hits

    14) Saloon

    Plague - 0k - 4 hooks - Gate Escape - The saloon itself seemed pretty strong, so of course everyone bolted there anytime they got chased.

    15) Badham

    Trapper - 0k - 2 hooks - Gate Escape - Killer gave up when 2 gens were left

    16) Rotten fields

    Forever Freddy - 4k - 8-9 hooks - Sacrificed - Got a red rank Potatodette who got sacrificed when only 1 gen was done, got downed very fast and got tunneled. Only 6K points on her if that helps paint a picture at all. The last 3 of us got all the way to 1/2 of a gen left before the game ended. If it wasn't forever Freddy 2 or 3 of us might have still escaped maybe.

    17) Blood Lodge

    Doctor - 0k - 3 hooks - Gate Escape

    18) Badham

    Plague - 2k - 4 hooks - Sacrificed - Me and another survivor Left by the duo teammates on first hook while they ran out :(

    19) Ormond

    Blight - Mori 4k with tunnel off hook on everyone except the last two - Mori'd - Gates powered by end of game

    20) Badham

    Freddy - 1k - 3 hooks - Gate Escape - Tunneled Meg out the game

    21) Badham

    Forever Freddy - 4K - 10 hooks - Sacrifice - Another game with Forever Freddy and we had a Nea doing really dumb plays like sitting behind the killer crouched while injured while they're hooking someone else. One of our teammates also went down and hooked twice back to back greeding for the same gen. Me and the other survivor died on second hook with 1 gen left.

    22) Badham

    Pyramid Head - 0k - 5-6 hooks - Gate Escape - should've focused targets better if he wanted better results. Unfortunately they played "nice".

    23) Grim Pantry

    Spirit - 2K - 7 hooks - Gate escape - The spirit wasn't very good, but she's not really affected by BL anyway so it's not like it really matters.

    Thoughts so far:

    I usually survive more than I die but I think this is a little ridiculous. Even my rando teammates are getting out more often. Most of the survivor deaths are from tunnels/camps as well as you can probably tell by the hook amounts if that matters to you. You can run killers so much longer even on some of the common tiles. Holding W and tile chaining is also much stronger. I thought removing BL was going to be an overall negative but even I'm a little surprised.

    The Killer side seems to be really impacted by this in a very negative way. The map design and overall balance is appearing to be not where it needs to be to be thinking about removing bloodlust completely. Could do with leaving in just Tier 1 however and taking out 2 and 3. I'd still they rather test things then just throw them out, so that's at least a positive from this whole thing. But there are other issues that really need to be addressed first imho besides BL. Namely the maps and loops need to be better if they want BL out the game asap.

    However, I will see how further games play out. Right now it's not looking good. Definitely noticing a big difference in games, it's much easier to loop.

    On a side note, one of my friends has also been playing survivor, they aren't the best but they are ok. Usually they get sacrificed pretty regularly, about as much as they escape if not more. They've been playing today and are surviving much much more. Take that as you will.

    it's been a long day, so I'll probably be turning in soon. Hope this interest someone. If not well, nothing lost I guess.

    He is posting all his matches and according to his account surviving became much easier. But adding information to the discussion would be constructive to compare.

  • @MythMage said:

    Survivors should be scared of this, actually, very similar to the map reworks. With the map reworks, killers were already fighting an uphill battle, so when there is a closer semblance to balance, Killers seem OP. Now, if they truly remove Bloodlust after this experiment (I'd say keep BL 1, but BL 2 and 3 need to go 100%), then Killers are going to become better players and thus Survivors are going to have a harder time on average. Now, this is ultimately a good thing, but I'd just be careful if I was you.

    it's almost like that will make for more interesting chases and weed out the pepegs from higher ranks. now all we need is emblems to be harder and double depips back.

  • Go play the basement Badham/Haddonfield house against a good looper without Bloodlust or an chase power and say that again.

  • @gibblywibblywoo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1767701#Comment_1767701

    Go play the basement Badham/Haddonfield house against a good looper without Bloodlust or an chase power and say that again.

    I have. As both the survivor looping and the killer chasing.


    Infinites don’t exist anymore.

  • @thisisntmax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1766544#Comment_1766544

    it's almost like that will make for more interesting chases and weed out the pepegs from higher ranks. now all we need is emblems to be harder and double depips back.

    I'm all for double depips. Still, that won't make much difference if you keep getting matched with much lower ranks than yours.

  • @xenofon13 said:

    Bring back bloodlust!!!

    Killers getting exposed!!!

    https://twitter.com/i/status/1330071826370863104

    That's the killer's fault for respecting the pallet so hard. On top of that he should've broke it

  • Lol they do exist. For example haddonfield in a house with a basement if both windows spawn at the back of a house or gas haven once garage gen is done and back wall has a window without a door. Those are infinites vs huntress. Certain long low fences on haddonfield with vaults on each end is an infinite without bloodlust vs most of the killers. Because once 1 vault is blocked you can use the other one until the first one is unblocked

  • @SquirrelKnight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1766551#Comment_1766551

    Thats the basic mentality. If killers cant catch up in 5 seconds then they are obviously bad and shouldnt be allowed to play the game with the survivor masters. As much as i love the concept of this game.....at this point i dint think this game is going to get better. The devs seem to not really care about what killer players have to say, if people good at the game say its bad they are insulted and told its bad for new players and survivors. If newer players take issue with something all we hear is "GiT gUd"

    It's all mind game in looping. You have to out think the other party. It's part of the thrill. I absolutely live for the moment when a killer out thinks me and cuts me off after a decent chase. You have to want to work at the chases. You can't just walk into a loop and be good at it, it takes skill and knowledge of the maps to know which are decent and what you can get away with. Personally, if I'm making you follow me on a long loop, then I'm distracting you and you should figure out why. As far as the devs caring, I think we as the player community have to put in just as much work; there's only so much they can do by themselves.

  • @HellDescent said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1767701#Comment_1767701

    Lol they do exist. For example haddonfield in a house with a basement if both windows spawn at the back of a house or gas haven once garage gen is done and back wall has a window without a door. Those are infinites vs huntress. Certain long low fences on haddonfield with vaults on each end is an infinite without bloodlust vs most of the killers. Because once 1 vault is blocked you can use the other one until the first one is unblocked

    Have you considered using the powers of the killers you’re handling?

  • @CustomerService said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1767759#Comment_1767759

    Have you considered using the powers of the killers you’re handling?

    Right because pressing a power button can make a difference. More then half the killer's powers are useless at those loops

  • I disagree, if a killer starts having a harder time without bloodlust its because matchmaking and map design; of course there are going to still be really umbalanced matches but lets forget about those. Dont forget that everything is relative, and that same killer might be a god when facing rank 20s so...

    I like this experiment as long as the data collected is correctly interpretated: map design and matchmaking needs to keep improving

  • @TheMikeOTR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1766542#Comment_1766542

    That's the killer's fault for respecting the pallet so hard. On top of that he should've broke it

    Bud my post wasn't serious. Not so hard to understand..

  • So being able to run in literal circles around safe loops for the entirety of multiple gen completions is a sign of skill

    noted

    i wish i had the capability of holding 1 direction indefinitely

  • also.. the whole "just break the pallets now" argument is laughable.. so it's now skillful to drop pallets early and circle it, waiting for it to be broken, instead of having to account for possible mindgames

    survivor gameplay even more braindead, but it's being called skillful

    whatever makes you feel like you're accomplishing something

  • I mean, I agree that lack of bloodlust can definitely make some previously pseudo-unsafe loops now fairly safe, why didn't they just break the damn pallet? Even if they did though, it's still brutal to watch.

  • @thisisntmax said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1766544#Comment_1766544

    it's almost like that will make for more interesting chases and weed out the pepegs from higher ranks. now all we need is emblems to be harder and double depips back.

    It won't weed pepegs for a simple reason: matchmaking. It could though, make MORE survivors that dont know how to loop to get into red ranks. That sure is something I'm looking forward to.

  • NO EXHAUSTION PERKS=TRUE SKILL BALANCE

  • @duhffee said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1766551#Comment_1766551

    I mean, if you're getting looped and windowed that often, I would argue that it's a matter of tactics. If you're relying on that extra speed boost to catch folks, it might be time to adapt and improve. It's not like survs can counter like in a game such as Friday the 13th, so sadly looping is the only cheesy thing people can do to help themselves and their team. I'm not saying I like it, but it's a trade off.

    Most window loops, are solidly strong jungle gyms that unless you have at least BL1 they can still reach a pallet if you read them correctly. BL isn't used to quite used to just for catching chases but it allows for you to break a really safe jungle gym with a correct read.


    BL would let you punish a surv for reading them correctly. Without it things like deadhard and such to get to next pallet really came in handy as it can get tou just that distance you need

  • @xenofon13 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1767755#Comment_1767755

    Bud my post wasn't serious. Not so hard to understand..

    Oh I didn't notice.

  • @duhffee said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1767070#Comment_1767070

    Yea, the map balancing is another issue, but that's for another discussion lol

    Well then, until they figure out how to balance those maps, I can't see any reason to remove bloodlust tbh

  • @HellDescent said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1767701#Comment_1767701

    Lol they do exist. For example haddonfield in a house with a basement if both windows spawn at the back of a house or gas haven once garage gen is done and back wall has a window without a door. Those are infinites vs huntress. Certain long low fences on haddonfield with vaults on each end is an infinite without bloodlust vs most of the killers. Because once 1 vault is blocked you can use the other one until the first one is unblocked

    Hell, I've gotten an infinite on the Groaning Storehouse. If you get a rock rubbing against the corner to the right of the breakable wall in the main building, the window is an infinite again. I got it my first time on the new Groaning Storehouse and thought that was bullshit. Fortunately, it only happens 30% of the time, but it's still dumb

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    I disagree.

    I've been playing quite a bit of killer today. With one exception, the only times I've really wished Bloodlust wasn't off was when, after a pallet drop or hit, the Survivor would just start holding W and beeline their way across the map. This was in spite of playing quite a few matches as killers that one might expect would miss Bloodlust quite a bit. Legion, Pig, Demo, and Trapper specifically. Last I checked, a survivor just holding W across the map is not particularly skillful but as those 4 killers... I don't exactly have any way to counter that either. Bloodlust was never a perfect solution to that problem but it was capable of helping.

    The one exception I mentioned earlier was a game I had as Trapper where... I don't know how they did it but almost none of my traps stayed active for more than like... 15 seconds. I didn't see an OoO gamer or anything... but I was basically completely unable to get anything out of my power, basically leaving me as a basic M1 killer. The fact that this can happen to Trapper and will also be possible to do against The Twins for 45s when they come out makes me think that Tier 1 Bloodlust should still exist.

    I will say though that Deathslinger and Blight do not miss Bloodlust. They're powers give them enough range/mobility that they don't need it.

    I can't stand OoO. It should be deleted from the game.

  • I've pretty much stopped playing killer during this test... having chases last longer than they should because a survivor is at a safe vaulting spot due to crap RNG... nope.

    So, I've been playing survivor a lot more... as it's easier, far more relaxing, and magnitudes less pressure to do well.

  • @duhffee said:

    I've been seeing a lot of killer mains posting their annoyance about the lack of bloodlust this weekend and I only have one thing to say about that:

    If you are experiencing survivors escaping more often this weekend and feel no bloodlust is the issue, you're finally seeing the skill-gap those particular survivors have compared to you.

    Bloodlust is the equivalent of throwing GTA V's catch-up feature from races into a proper Forza race. It's a subtle crutch that gives killers an edge they wouldn't normally have, even when they're already faster.

    If a survivor is getting away more, then they are ultimately outplaying you. There will always be small outliers, but claiming bloodlust is the difference maker is not a reasonable excuse.

    Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk

    vaulting and throwing down a pallet isnt a skill

    bloodlust one just makes so much difference even if you have it for just 3-5 seconds

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    I disagree.

    I've been playing quite a bit of killer today. With one exception, the only times I've really wished Bloodlust wasn't off was when, after a pallet drop or hit, the Survivor would just start holding W and beeline their way across the map. This was in spite of playing quite a few matches as killers that one might expect would miss Bloodlust quite a bit. Legion, Pig, Demo, and Trapper specifically. Last I checked, a survivor just holding W across the map is not particularly skillful but as those 4 killers... I don't exactly have any way to counter that either. Bloodlust was never a perfect solution to that problem but it was capable of helping.

    The one exception I mentioned earlier was a game I had as Trapper where... I don't know how they did it but almost none of my traps stayed active for more than like... 15 seconds. I didn't see an OoO gamer or anything... but I was basically completely unable to get anything out of my power, basically leaving me as a basic M1 killer. The fact that this can happen to Trapper and will also be possible to do against The Twins for 45s when they come out makes me think that Tier 1 Bloodlust should still exist.

    I will say though that Deathslinger and Blight do not miss Bloodlust. They're powers give them enough range/mobility that they don't need it.

    I'm not arguing with you about the bloodlust, I could care less if it got removed or stayed. How come Legion would miss bloodlust? Or Pig since she's a stealth killer with a medium distance lunge? Those I'd think would be the last ones to miss BL. I'm also a Legion Main btw but I haven't played pig so much. I just wanna know your reasoning is all :)

  • This would be true if matchmaking were balanced. Matchmaking isn't balanced.

    I've faced green rank killers at red ranks. And if I'm in a SWF with 1 yellow rank surv we often face yellow ranked killers.

  • @Sageclaw23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1767059#Comment_1767059

    I'm not arguing with you about the bloodlust, I could care less if it got removed or stayed. How come Legion would miss bloodlust? Or Pig since she's a stealth killer with a medium distance lunge? Those I'd think would be the last ones to miss BL. I'm also a Legion Main btw but I haven't played pig so much. I just wanna know your reasoning is all :)

    With Pig, the issue usually comes when you either get your first hit as the Survivor is vaulting something or when you break a pallet. They gain like 15 meters of distance on you and then now that Bloodlust is gone, the survivors have been milking that for as much hold W distance as they can which... is more now because no bloodlust. Though I will say that as Pig I had some success playing a more hit and run style since the Survivors won't hold W if they don't know you're there.

    For Legion, their issue comes at the start of the chase. Today at least, Survivors have been running really early. Like ridiculously early. Legion has a 32m TR and Frenzy can't be used for mobility really, so... if the Survivor books it when Legion is still 20 meters away... there's not really anything they can do about it except hold W after them and hope the Survivor messes up and has to turn.

  • @FFirebrandd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1768224#Comment_1768224

    With Pig, the issue usually comes when you either get your first hit as the Survivor is vaulting something or when you break a pallet. They gain like 15 meters of distance on you and then now that Bloodlust is gone, the survivors have been milking that for as much hold W distance as they can which... is more now because no bloodlust. Though I will say that as Pig I had some success playing a more hit and run style since the Survivors won't hold W if they don't know you're there.

    For Legion, their issue comes at the start of the chase. Today at least, Survivors have been running really early. Like ridiculously early. Legion has a 32m TR and Frenzy can't be used for mobility really, so... if the Survivor books it when Legion is still 20 meters away... there's not really anything they can do about it except hold W after them and hope the Survivor messes up and has to turn.

    I see, thank you for the information! I hadn't really taken those things into account but I remember how fast survivors just dipped when I got close.

  • I don't really see the problem with killers relying on bloodlust. The ones who do are generally not great at the game yet which means they end up giving up a minute or more for a chase if they're relying on getting to bloodlust 3.

    Sure they eventually get the kill without real skill but at a massive penalty to time lost.

    I don't really think getting downed by bloodlust is that big a problem in the overall game to need a fix. It's not perfect but neither are lots of things in the game!

  • I didn't feel like it was disabled, still got a few 4k over the weekend, unless you're in a match with 4 good loopers playing swf; I'd honestly say bloodlust is not needed for the most part.

  • @duhffee said:

    I've been seeing a lot of killer mains posting their annoyance about the lack of bloodlust this weekend and I only have one thing to say about that:

    If you are experiencing survivors escaping more often this weekend and feel no bloodlust is the issue, you're finally seeing the skill-gap those particular survivors have compared to you.

    Bloodlust is the equivalent of throwing GTA V's catch-up feature from races into a proper Forza race. It's a subtle crutch that gives killers an edge they wouldn't normally have, even when they're already faster.

    If a survivor is getting away more, then they are ultimately outplaying you. There will always be small outliers, but claiming bloodlust is the difference maker is not a reasonable excuse.

    Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk

    Spoken like someone thats never touched the killer side of the game lol

  • I think Bloodlust Tier 1 should remain while the other two tiers should go. They're unnecessary. Without Bloodlust, maps would need to be redesigned with fairer loops.

  • Infinite and near infinite loops still break the game for killer. red rank survivors running comms can s*** all over killer even more than before. Good survivors counter blood lust easily breaking line of sight for a few seconds. Swf teams without bloodlust just take turns running to the nearest god loop. You then either commit to a chase that is going to cost a gen or 2 at best, or pressure other survivors off gens in which case the survivor you just chased exhaustion perk cools and resets. this formula has been rinse and repeat all weekend. yes bloodlust isn't always necessary and can be a crutch, but so are many other things (DS,DH,EXHAUSTION PERKS,OoO,Comms). i think they have done their experiment, hopefully they can do something useful with the data after making the already jacked matchmaking that much more miserable when you get a higher ranked squad of survivors. Just saying.

  • It's simple if you want to give a killer more power then do something about camping then you can have all the blood lust you want

  • @Unseen_Force said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/207814/no-bloodlust-true-skill-balance

    Spoken like someone thats never touched the killer side of the game lol

    Except it's actually coming from someone who has indeed played as a killer and sees how easy it is to catch up. I personally know that I don't need it and see it as a crutch. I still stand by my belief that of it's bothering you this weekend, it's a you problem. Anyone who can play killer knows how to work around that.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    If a survivor running around a window 3 times in a row and me never catching up due to terrible map design and loop balancing is apparently classified as them being "better" than me and "outplaying" me then jeezus christ.

    Looks like ebony spirit players are the best people in the game by that logic.

    If you get looped at a window 3 times and ur playing damn near anything except MM then ur doing alot wrong, never and I mean never should u get looped at a window 3 times if you're playing any of the killers ESPECIALLY broken ass gunslinger, pyra head, spirit or nurse. Get better learn from mistakes, survs are adapting to being doored off and no complaints from them soooo?

  • "Mr swimming champion, now that you lost your hand in the accident you truely recognize how bad you are compared to your competition. Don't blame the thing that objectively hinders your ability to perform, Just to commit die, noob"

  • @duhffee said:

    I've been seeing a lot of killer mains posting their annoyance about the lack of bloodlust this weekend and I only have one thing to say about that:

    If you are experiencing survivors escaping more often this weekend and feel no bloodlust is the issue, you're finally seeing the skill-gap those particular survivors have compared to you.

    Bloodlust is the equivalent of throwing GTA V's catch-up feature from races into a proper Forza race. It's a subtle crutch that gives killers an edge they wouldn't normally have, even when they're already faster.

    If a survivor is getting away more, then they are ultimately outplaying you. There will always be small outliers, but claiming bloodlust is the difference maker is not a reasonable excuse.

    Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk

    If this game was perfectly balanced, this logic would be accurate. This game is poorly balanced, therefore the statement is flawed

  • @duhffee said:

    I've been seeing a lot of killer mains posting their annoyance about the lack of bloodlust this weekend and I only have one thing to say about that:

    If you are experiencing survivors escaping more often this weekend and feel no bloodlust is the issue, you're finally seeing the skill-gap those particular survivors have compared to you.

    Bloodlust is the equivalent of throwing GTA V's catch-up feature from races into a proper Forza race. It's a subtle crutch that gives killers an edge they wouldn't normally have, even when they're already faster.

    If a survivor is getting away more, then they are ultimately outplaying you. There will always be small outliers, but claiming bloodlust is the difference maker is not a reasonable excuse.

    Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk

    That doesn't make much sense imo. No bloodlust=True skill? If your activating bloodlust even just a few times a match your already wasting too much time chasing one survivor and gens start flying. Against the high end players this means your most likely going to lose. Most "true skill" players already dont use it much anyways. The only place this might help is the median end survivors and that is most certainly not where the true skill players are anyways. As for new players I dont if it helps or not anyways since new survivors shouldn't be to difficult for a new killer to kill either. All that said I still think taking it out is a silly idea. If it's only activated once a match if that. How is it making that much of a difference anyways at the high end of play. It still has it's necessary moments though. Either way it just doesn't seem like it's making that much a difference. Just throwing my 2 cents in here for what its worth from someone who plays both sides at high ranks.

  • @duhffee said:

    I've been seeing a lot of killer mains posting their annoyance about the lack of bloodlust this weekend and I only have one thing to say about that:

    If you are experiencing survivors escaping more often this weekend and feel no bloodlust is the issue, you're finally seeing the skill-gap those particular survivors have compared to you.

    Bloodlust is the equivalent of throwing GTA V's catch-up feature from races into a proper Forza race. It's a subtle crutch that gives killers an edge they wouldn't normally have, even when they're already faster.

    If a survivor is getting away more, then they are ultimately outplaying you. There will always be small outliers, but claiming bloodlust is the difference maker is not a reasonable excuse.

    Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk

    You can’t have skill based loops when like 95% of loops are 100% safe with no mind game. Ever wonder why spirit is so strong

  • Anyone who thinks Bloodlust isn't needed in the game in it's current state, doesn't know enough about the game to be commenting. Like honestly. You should have learned at least long/long loops by the time you reached Green Ranks, and you should have some semblance of map layouts by red ranks.

1 2 3