No Bloodlust = True Skill Balance


I've been seeing a lot of killer mains posting their annoyance about the lack of bloodlust this weekend and I only have one thing to say about that:

If you are experiencing survivors escaping more often this weekend and feel no bloodlust is the issue, you're finally seeing the skill-gap those particular survivors have compared to you.

Bloodlust is the equivalent of throwing GTA V's catch-up feature from races into a proper Forza race. It's a subtle crutch that gives killers an edge they wouldn't normally have, even when they're already faster.

If a survivor is getting away more, then they are ultimately outplaying you. There will always be small outliers, but claiming bloodlust is the difference maker is not a reasonable excuse.

Thank you for coming to my Ted Talk

Comments

  • @TheButcher said:

    Anyone who thinks Bloodlust isn't needed in the game in it's current state, doesn't know enough about the game to be commenting. Like honestly. You should have learned at least long/long loops by the time you reached Green Ranks, and you should have some semblance of map layouts by red ranks.

    But your comment goes both ways... A killer should have learned the same things and adapted, rather than need a catch-up feature.

  • There are far too many strong loops in the game that become borderline infinite vs some killers

  • @TheChaddyCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/207814/no-bloodlust-true-skill-balance

    You can’t have skill based loops when like 95% of loops are 100% safe with no mind game. Ever wonder why spirit is so strong

    I'm sorry, but if you think 95% are safe, then you need to change your strategy. Any red rank killer I've played against usually knows how to counter almost any loop, even this weekend without bloodlust. I'm not saying that looping is ideal, but bloodlust shouldn't be either.

  • @judge_fist said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/207814/no-bloodlust-true-skill-balance

    That doesn't make much sense imo. No bloodlust=True skill? If your activating bloodlust even just a few times a match your already wasting too much time chasing one survivor and gens start flying. Against the high end players this means your most likely going to lose. Most "true skill" players already dont use it much anyways. The only place this might help is the median end survivors and that is most certainly not where the true skill players are anyways. As for new players I dont if it helps or not anyways since new survivors shouldn't be to difficult for a new killer to kill either. All that said I still think taking it out is a silly idea. If it's only activated once a match if that. How is it making that much of a difference anyways at the high end of play. It still has it's necessary moments though. Either way it just doesn't seem like it's making that much a difference. Just throwing my 2 cents in here for what its worth from someone who plays both sides at high ranks.

    If the matchmaking was actually good, I'd mostly likely agree with you. But when I (usually rank 4-6 when playing surv) have to lose chases to rank 20's (the ones that seem new) and have it heavily affect my rating, it almost always comes down to bloodlust. If I always matched with equivalent killers, it'd probably be less important. There's also the issues on tunneling and whatnot, so it is more the broader issue if how it helps killers who shouldn't be getting that assistance when a more skilled player is doing things right, only to be punished by something they can't control.

  • @carnage4u said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/207814/no-bloodlust-true-skill-balance

    If this game was perfectly balanced, this logic would be accurate. This game is poorly balanced, therefore the statement is flawed

    I agree and disagree. Strongly agree it's not balanced lol, but I think something like this could be steps towards better balancing. It's hard though, because this game suffers from a terrible situation in which not everyone is having the same experience since half are killing and half are surviving, so people will ultimately have completely different opinions if they only main one side. I always say this game's community is almost like the virtual equivalent of Dems vs Reps lol

  • @yeahboi said:

    "Mr swimming champion, now that you lost your hand in the accident you truely recognize how bad you are compared to your competition. Don't blame the thing that objectively hinders your ability to perform, Just to commit die, noob"

    Except this is more like taking someone's steroids away, rather than a hand lol. And even then the killer is still faster, so...

  • @duhffee said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1770860#Comment_1770860

    If the matchmaking was actually good, I'd mostly likely agree with you. But when I (usually rank 4-6 when playing surv) have to lose chases to rank 20's (the ones that seem new) and have it heavily affect my rating, it almost always comes down to bloodlust. If I always matched with equivalent killers, it'd probably be less important. There's also the issues on tunneling and whatnot, so it is more the broader issue if how it helps killers who shouldn't be getting that assistance when a more skilled player is doing things right, only to be punished by something they can't control.

    I pretty consistently get paired with people my level and it's been awhile since I've even seen a rank 20 killer. I do see the odd rank 20 survivor and I on average sit at rank 1 on both sides. I'm fairly confident I could almost infinitely loop and escape a rank 20 I imagine most of us from red to purple ranks could. Your team if not completely terrible should be busting gens while you loop the killer so I just still dont see how bloodlust is a game breaker. I'm not busting balls, insult anyone or anything. I'm just a huge DBD fan and have tons of hours in gameplay and watching the best of the best play and all I'm getting at is I don't see why bloodlust needs to be taken out.

  • @duhffee said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1771072#Comment_1771072

    But your comment goes both ways... A killer should have learned the same things and adapted, rather than need a catch-up feature.

    See this is what I mean. That just blame the killer mentality. It's what's needed to catch a survivor in a long/long loop or map with close loops. If you're not a killer who's power makes you faster, or slow the survivor - than you lose every match with long/long and close loops. Period. Even during the "trial" I never died as survivor. During the trial I used all of my badham, autohaven, and haddonfield map offerings. It's literally elementary and easy if you just know the basic's of the game. Count it in your head. 15 seconds. They have BL1 and can catch you in the long/long loop. Drop the pallet for the stun (hopefully), and move to the next loop. Competent Killer's know that too. The "pro" players that BHVR themselves tell you to follow tell you the same damn thing.

    It's literally mind boggling the amount of stupidity i've seen in these forums this past weekend of people going "Only bad killers need Bloodlust". No wonder everyone says solo survivor is awful, look at all the dummies that can't figure out how to loop right or basic map layout.

  • Bloodlust should be remove to nerf the strong loops.

    With the rework of some maps, some loops are ridiculous, it's just an easy hit for me. Throw the pallet and take a hit, or do nothing and take a hit. Hard thing. With Freddy, loops mean nothing in my games. Next thing to do : nerf Freddy. I can't wait for the buff of my clown <3

  • @MythMage said:

    Survivors should be scared of this, actually, very similar to the map reworks. With the map reworks, killers were already fighting an uphill battle, so when there is a closer semblance to balance, Killers seem OP. Now, if they truly remove Bloodlust after this experiment (I'd say keep BL 1, but BL 2 and 3 need to go 100%), then Killers are going to become better players and thus Survivors are going to have a harder time on average. Now, this is ultimately a good thing, but I'd just be careful if I was you.

    Nah...The killers lizard brain is only capable of holding 3 instructions (See, hit & hook). They don't want to get better. They want more "advantage".

  • @Chrisko said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1766544#Comment_1766544

    Nah...The killers lizard brain is only capable of holding 3 instructions (See, hit & hook). They don't want to get better. They want more "advantage".

    Welp, now I know who's opinion I should ignore on these forums. Thanks for the heads up

  • @MythMage said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1772298#Comment_1772298

    Welp, now I know who's opinion I should ignore on these forums. Thanks for the heads up

    Of course i meant "some" killers. Not you.

1 2 3 ›