Is there any speculated killer as decisive and heavily argued about as Springtrap.

While there have been a lot of possible horror characters speculated about, like Jason, Xenomorph, and Nemisis.

But Springtrap is the one I see the most arguing over and one the community is the most split about.

Like most people are either are on two extremes when it comes to him.

Either they are massive supporter of him and will always defend him no matter what, or they absolutely despise him and would quit the game if he got in.

Sure there are people in between, by there's very few of them I've seen.

Honestly is there any other character as decisive as him?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @APoipleTurtle said:

    Nitpicking here, but I think you mean "Is there any killer as controversial as Springtrap?" Decisive would imply that he was/is super important for the game (I'd argue that only Micheal Myers and Pyramid Head are true decisive characters for DbD).

    And probably not, because FNaF is a pretty controversial horror series to begin with. It toes the line between trying to appeal to adults (with the uncomfortable atmospheres and dark back-stories) and pandering to children (with tons of toys, merchandise, and the entirety of FNaF World).

    I know Resident Evil and Silent Hill also have figurines in their characters' likenesses, but those seem to have been generally marketed more as collector's items for older fans of either franchise rather than as actual toys (quick tangent though: I gotta say, Plushamid Head is probably the most adorable manifestation of inner guilt I've ever seen).

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/94DN9DGUNNK2/plushamid-head.jpg

    I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people simply don't feel that FNaF is a worthy series to stand alongside many of the horror icons that have already entered the Fog. Although, this same argument probably could have been leveled at Stranger Things too (I really don't need to hear more about how people didn't like season 2 or season 3), but Demogorgon, Steve, and Nancy snuck in anyway.

    Is Springtrap or a FNaF Chapter/Paragraph a valid future possibility? - Yes

    Is FNaF a franchise that I really care about seeing added to DbD? - No

    Am I going to throw a fit if they do bring FNaF to DbD? - Of course not! As long as they make it a fun chapter.

    I think that's the most important thing, and even as someone who is a huge fan of fnaf that also wants it in the game is kinda subjective about, I still want the Killer to be pretty fun and decent, I don't expect him to be OP, but I do expect him to be fun, and decent enough for me to main him. But I get it some people just think Fnaf as that cringey thing sadly. But I know a few people that would love it, I would.


    Also where the ######### can I get a Plushamid Head!?

  • @Slashstreetboy said:

    I´m 30 years old as of recently and I´ve legit never heard of FNAF before this forum was blessed with 10 posts about it every day.

    At first glance, it looks like a goofy kids game. I can´t rememer who unfortunately, but a forum member convinced me to at least check it out before judging so harshly.

    So I watched playthroughs of the first 3 games, I think. Not gonna lie, it did little to improve my stance on it. But little it did.

    I think many people that value the established Horror icons share this oppinion. It feels almost insulting to grant these figures a place among our roster. To me, at least. I´m worried that time and money could be wasted on something that is upsetting and disappointing to a significant portion of the playerbase. It also broadens what can and can´t be added a bit too much for my liking. The fact that it´s supposed to be that popular is baffling to me, but I may be an edge case.

    I hope it never comes.

    Lol f13 balanced? Game is like playing freddy and spirit with trapper traps. All you do is trap the objectives and insta choke everyone. When's the last time anybody had a full team of tryhards to take on Jason? The only time there's any more than 2 escapes is when the Jason is totally incompetent.

    Even the devs said the game wasnt balanced. They WANTED Jason to be overpowered with escaping being the exception. Which is terrible design considering the game isnt scary at all, just annoyingly frustrating as counselor. I thank god every day you guys arent on the dbd balance team lol.

  • @siren_sorceress said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721130#Comment_1721130

    Lol f13 balanced? Game is like playing freddy and spirit with trapper traps. All you do is trap the objectives and insta choke everyone. When's the last time anybody had a full team of tryhards to take on Jason? The only time there's any more than 2 escapes is when the Jason is totally incompetent.

    Even the devs said the game wasnt balanced. They WANTED Jason to be overpowered with escaping being the exception. Which is terrible design considering the game isnt scary at all, just annoyingly frustrating as counselor. I thank god every day you guys arent on the dbd balance team lol.

    Wait really is it that bad?

  • @siren_sorceress said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721130#Comment_1721130

    Lol f13 balanced? Game is like playing freddy and spirit with trapper traps. All you do is trap the objectives and insta choke everyone. When's the last time anybody had a full team of tryhards to take on Jason? The only time there's any more than 2 escapes is when the Jason is totally incompetent.

    Even the devs said the game wasnt balanced. They WANTED Jason to be overpowered with escaping being the exception. Which is terrible design considering the game isnt scary at all, just annoyingly frustrating as counselor. I thank god every day you guys arent on the dbd balance team lol.

    I think you meant to address someone else.

  • @WishIcouldmain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1720687#Comment_1720687

    I think the annoyance is outweighed by the potential for new players. Stranger things brought in a lot of new players new players equals new money which can go into improving the games quality. And if I'm correct Fnaf fan base is pretty large and new players is a good priority. And they can learn to love the game beyond Springtrap what if someone comes for Springtrap then ends up falling for Trapper, Oni or another license.

    DBD already racks in more than enough money to fix the game and make improvements. Maybe, maybe, they'd be more willing to invest in that stuff if they made even more money, but it's not like they don't make enough already.

  • @Lufanati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1720704#Comment_1720704

    DBD already racks in more than enough money to fix the game and make improvements. Maybe, maybe, they'd be more willing to invest in that stuff if they made even more money, but it's not like they don't make enough already.

    Knowing them they would gladly take any opporunity to make more money

  • @Elena said:

    But Springtrap is the one I see the most arguing over and one the community is the most split about.

    That is some bullshit, and a lot of it clearly. I see the majority of the community wanting iconic horror characters like Jason, Xenomorph, Pennywise, Chucky etc. Oh and don't forget Sidney and Brenda. Springtrap compared to them is nothing in my opinion, Springtrap isn't a horror classic killer.

    So agreed, we want classic killers added and this is a child's game killer. Please just no

  • @siren_sorceress said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721130#Comment_1721130

    Lol f13 balanced? Game is like playing freddy and spirit with trapper traps. All you do is trap the objectives and insta choke everyone. When's the last time anybody had a full team of tryhards to take on Jason? The only time there's any more than 2 escapes is when the Jason is totally incompetent.

    Even the devs said the game wasnt balanced. They WANTED Jason to be overpowered with escaping being the exception. Which is terrible design considering the game isnt scary at all, just annoyingly frustrating as counselor. I thank god every day you guys arent on the dbd balance team lol.

    I thank God you aren't either

  • @DCash said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/202633/is-there-any-speculated-killer-as-decisive-and-heavily-argued-about-as-springtrap

    Considering I have never even heard of springtrap until I read this post...... No he is not decisive at all. Looked it up and you are talking about five nights at freddy.

    No. They will not add that into the game and the reason is simple. Fnaf is not definitive horror. Barely anyone even knows of it. I had to Google what you were even talking about. It won't bring in large revenue. Anything the creative team at BHVR can come up with will be 1000 times better anyway. So no he is not decisive at all since there is no decision.

    Barely anyone knows it? Dude you're either lying or extremely uniformed.

    Plus considering how many people I saw who didn't know who Pyramid Head was and complained about him being too niche, Springtrap could still get in.

  • @DCash said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/202633/is-there-any-speculated-killer-as-decisive-and-heavily-argued-about-as-springtrap

    Considering I have never even heard of springtrap until I read this post...... No he is not decisive at all. Looked it up and you are talking about five nights at freddy.

    No. They will not add that into the game and the reason is simple. Fnaf is not definitive horror. Barely anyone even knows of it. I had to Google what you were even talking about. It won't bring in large revenue. Anything the creative team at BHVR can come up with will be 1000 times better anyway. So no he is not decisive at all since there is no decision.

    As someone who doesn't want Springtrap at all, Fnaf was literally one of the most controversial talking points on this forum.

    Just 4 months ago you couldn't go 3 posts without seeing a FNAF post, to the point where it got asinine.

    Nobody knows FNAF? There are like 9 games, 2 or 3 sets of books, and a soon to be movie. How does a series nobody knows get that much media and over 50,000 signatures for the mere idea of a crossover? Fnafs community sucks because its too big, its bloated and full of bandwagoners. it is quite literally too big for its own good.

    This is a post with over 200 people on something as small as this forum, thats hardly obscure wouldn't you agree? https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1372102#Comment_1372102

  • Why? No counter argument? Just mad dbd doesnt favor killers as much as jason? Oh wait it does just play spirit lol

  • @siren_sorceress said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1723227#Comment_1723227

    Why? No counter argument? Just mad dbd doesnt favor killers as much as jason? Oh wait it does just play spirit lol

    When in doubt, do the us vs them. No I find your post to be overdramatic and I disagree with you. Also there's literally no killer in this game that's an instant win button. Anytime this is thrown around it's never in good faith, just a form of tired manipulation to get people to play how you want them to. It's also cringy.

  • Yes, several. Candyman, for example.

  • I feel that people only think that Springtrap would be bad would be because Scott Cawthon, the creator of FNaF, has made the game aimed more towards children for some reason. Honestly it's the parents fault, it's the same reason 10 year olds are playing games with dark subjects like Among Us or Fortnite. They don't do their research on what their child is playing. All they see is a fun game for kids but they don't realize that they're letting their children play a game where you have to murder 99 people in cold blood to win, or become the alien from John Carpenter's The Thing and expose them to bad language through the chat filter which can be turned off with the flick of a switch. The parents don't realize that the game they're buying for their kids has a mini Jeffery Dahmer in it as the main antagonist of the series and children's corpses rotting in mascot suits. It's not the child's fault, it's the parents.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721607#Comment_1721607

    As someone who doesn't want Springtrap at all, Fnaf was literally one of the most controversial talking points on this forum.

    Just 4 months ago you couldn't go 3 posts without seeing a FNAF post, to the point where it got asinine.

    Nobody knows FNAF? There are like 9 games, 2 or 3 sets of books, and a soon to be movie. How does a series nobody knows get that much media and over 50,000 signatures for the mere idea of a crossover? Fnafs community sucks because its too big, its bloated and full of bandwagoners. it is quite literally too big for its own good.

    This is a post with over 200 people on something as small as this forum, thats hardly obscure wouldn't you agree? https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1372102#Comment_1372102

    I don't disagree it was very controversial, but it still is a thing that people want in the game, including me. I don't like the fact how you state the community like that though, I get it that your not a fan of the idea but I am not entirely a fan of having SCP in the game either, it doesn't entirely fit for me. But we all have different opinions and I guess you might think that Fnaf doesn't have no place in the game but I do. The community has changed over the years and you can't blame people for something that they like, and whats wrong with a big community? Strangers Things got in the game and it has a large community, why because people like it. Now some people love the Fnaf for its lore, I do it has a very unique take on horror, but I guess we all have different opinions.

  • @Grum_P said:

    I feel that people only think that Springtrap would be bad would be because Scott Cawthon, the creator of FNaF, has made the game aimed more towards children for some reason. Honestly it's the parents fault, it's the same reason 10 year olds are playing games with dark subjects like Among Us or Fortnite. They don't do their research on what their child is playing. All they see is a fun game for kids but they don't realize that they're letting their children play a game where you have to murder 99 people in cold blood to win, or become the alien from John Carpenter's The Thing and expose them to bad language through the chat filter which can be turned off with the flick of a switch. The parents don't realize that the game they're buying for their kids has a mini Jeffery Dahmer in it as the main antagonist of the series and children's corpses rotting in mascot suits. It's not the child's fault, it's the parents.

    Exactly, for some, before I left High school I was not allowed to play Fortnite, and those kinda games ( i'm honestly glad I didn't). I probably should not have gotten exposed to Fnaf but I did. Sadly there really wasn't any restrictions during that time or even today.

  • I don't care either way, even though I think there's better killer options out there. And we say Springtrap but it could be any one FNAF character.

  • @Dabihwow said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1723247#Comment_1723247

    I don't disagree it was very controversial, but it still is a thing that people want in the game, including me. I don't like the fact how you state the community like that though, I get it that your not a fan of the idea but I am not entirely a fan of having SCP in the game either, it doesn't entirely fit for me. But we all have different opinions and I guess you might think that Fnaf doesn't have no place in the game but I do. The community has changed over the years and you can't blame people for something that they like, and whats wrong with a big community? Strangers Things got in the game and it has a large community, why because people like it. Now some people love the Fnaf for its lore, I do it has a very unique take on horror, but I guess we all have different opinions.

    I recognize that it's something people want, and thats more than fine. You can want FNAF all you like. I don't think FNAF doesn't have a place in the game, its just that its not a series I care for. The only FNAF game I've played was help wanted, and while I thought it was pretty good; it didn't grab me like other horror games did.

    When I say I don't want FNAF, its not because I think it's bad or that it doesn't fit. It's just that it's something I don't care all that much for.

    When I was talking about the community I was referring to something called the bandwagon effect, that is where people will jump on something just because it's popular. FNAFs jump to popularity, while good for the series, ended up filling the community with bandwagoners.

    And trust me, band wagoners are the literal worst. They get overly defensive and act all high and mighty. When I said FNAFs community was too big for its own good, thats what I was referring too.

    There are good FNAF fans out there, like @Dabihwow or @bubbabrotha ; a lot of the theorist community seems cool too. But believe me, bandwagoners can ruin everything.

    Edit: Just realized you are Dabihwow lmao.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1723861#Comment_1723861

    I recognize that it's something people want, and thats more than fine. You can want FNAF all you like. I don't think FNAF doesn't have a place in the game, its just that its not a series I care for. The only FNAF game I've played was help wanted, and while I thought it was pretty good; it didn't grab me like other horror games did.

    When I say I don't want FNAF, its not because I think it's bad or that it doesn't fit. It's just that it's something I don't care all that much for.

    When I was talking about the community I was referring to something called the bandwagon effect, that is where people will jump on something just because it's popular. FNAFs jump to popularity, while good for the series, ended up filling the community with bandwagoners.

    And trust me, band wagoners are the literal worst. They get overly defensive and act all high and mighty. When I said FNAFs community was too big for its own good, thats what I was referring too.

    There are good FNAF fans out there, like @Dabihwow or @bubbabrotha ; a lot of the theorist community seems cool too. But believe me, bandwagoners can ruin everything.

    At the risk of sounding self centered, I wish more people were like me. I love fnaf, and would like for spring trap to be included, but I'm certainly not obsessed to the point where I hate everyone who said that spring trap wasn't on their most hyped killer list.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1723861#Comment_1723861

    I recognize that it's something people want, and thats more than fine. You can want FNAF all you like. I don't think FNAF doesn't have a place in the game, its just that its not a series I care for. The only FNAF game I've played was help wanted, and while I thought it was pretty good; it didn't grab me like other horror games did.

    When I say I don't want FNAF, its not because I think it's bad or that it doesn't fit. It's just that it's something I don't care all that much for.

    When I was talking about the community I was referring to something called the bandwagon effect, that is where people will jump on something just because it's popular. FNAFs jump to popularity, while good for the series, ended up filling the community with bandwagoners.

    And trust me, band wagoners are the literal worst. They get overly defensive and act all high and mighty. When I said FNAFs community was too big for its own good, thats what I was referring too.

    There are good FNAF fans out there, like @Dabihwow or @bubbabrotha ; a lot of the theorist community seems cool too. But believe me, bandwagoners can ruin everything.

    Okay now I understand what you were trying to say, and yeah I agree, I ######### hate it when people do that. It just ruins the franchise. Although for Fnaf it doesn't have as many, as before

  • @bubbabrotha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1723995#Comment_1723995

    At the risk of sounding self centered, I wish more people were like me. I love fnaf, and would like for spring trap to be included, but I'm certainly not obsessed to the point where I hate everyone who said that spring trap wasn't on their most hyped killer list.

    Yeah, if more people acted like you did I'm positive FNAF wouldn't be as hated as it is.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1724122#Comment_1724122

    Yeah, if more people acted like you did I'm positive FNAF wouldn't be as hated as it is.

    Me too, I try but just somedays I say ######### it.

  • @DragonMasterDarren said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1720635#Comment_1720635

    i am rather on the fence about the whole thing but whenever someone says "ugh Springtrap is such a baby character" i have to remind them that 1. He's a child murderer, 2. He's trapped in eternal pain and agony, 3. his spirit is trapped in hell and is doomed to suffer for eternity and 4, His death sounds like this

    https://youtu.be/PMp8NQjWXjs

    Baby character my hide

    baby character. terrible writing. may as well be a deviantart oc

  • @siren_sorceress said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1723227#Comment_1723227

    Why? No counter argument? Just mad dbd doesnt favor killers as much as jason? Oh wait it does just play spirit lol

    F13 was easy as hell as a counselor, so long as you weren't one of the first 3 Jason went for. The fact that you're pointing to it like it was so hard for counselors to escape is laughable.

  • We all have day where the temptation of the "######### it" mentality is overpowering.

  • @SCP_FOR_DBD said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1724279#Comment_1724279

    We all have day where the temptation of the "######### it" mentality is overpowering.

    Yep

  • Crazy. I wonder why. It's almost like fans who ask for it are insanely obnoxious about it.

  • I'm hard pressed to believe that anybody thinks FNAF is actually scary. It's a low effort jumpscare simulator for teenagers.

  • @Lufanati said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1723407#Comment_1723407

    F13 was easy as hell as a counselor, so long as you weren't one of the first 3 Jason went for. The fact that you're pointing to it like it was so hard for counselors to escape is laughable.

    Exactly. I'm wondering if that person even played it.

  • @LuffyBlack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721015#Comment_1721015

    As much as it pains me to agree with him. He's kind of right. Friday the 13th: The Game is a far superior horror game. I'll go into greater detail why:

    1. You're given a reason to grind and level up because you earn new skins. Here, you're leveling up for what feels like the sake of it.
    2. Jason is played correctly is actually a menacing force and is given the tools to apply pressure. There's more objectives he has to tend to. The councilors are given more to do in the game.
    3. When Jason's in rage mode then you have wasted enough time for him to get to that state, your only option is to survive until time runs out. I've done this several times and made it out. The tension in this case feels authentic.
    4. Friday the 13th: The Game actually FEELs like a party game. I could share with you all of the hilarious experiences I had with the game. Dying isn't a big deal to me because it's part of the horror experience, you make it or you don't. Meanwhile DBD's mostly horror stories and it's not just me, the forum is filled with complaints all the damn time. DBD is a sports game with a horror skin slapped on. The community doesn't seem to get that.
    5. You are also given more tools to play with and you could do your own thing. You could be selfish and not be punished by the game. DBD's too restrictive on both sides. Jason is also given creative tools to work against councilors.
    6. Team kill really made things exciting because players robbed each other for opportunities to escape. If the community wasn't so damn toxic, Friday would have been even more interesting. It played on human nature like most survival games did. That's something no other online horror game has given us.
    7. There wasn't a way for Jason to camp. There were dynamic ways you could get pass Jason. If he guards the boat then everyone else could use the cops, outlast him, fix the cars, or even kill him. No loops or infinites.

    Had it not been for the lawsuit, the developers' incompetence, and the entitled and cringy community Friday could have been something.

    Not get punished for being selfish, tell that to my -1000 points because I betrayed a councillor...they totally ran in front of the car...it totally wasn't me trying to get the Chad is a D trophy. In all seriousness though, I've went back to F13 and I forgot how much I loved it, I used to hate how random it was but now it gives it something exciting.

  • @Elena said:

    But Springtrap is the one I see the most arguing over and one the community is the most split about.

    That is some bullshit, and a lot of it clearly. I see the majority of the community wanting iconic horror characters like Jason, Xenomorph, Pennywise, Chucky etc. Oh and don't forget Sidney and Brenda. Springtrap compared to them is nothing in my opinion, Springtrap isn't a horror classic killer.

    Sick of the springtrap you clearly can't even read the thing you're quoting.

    Quote you referenced is not saying springtrap is the most requested it's saying it's the most argued and contestant about.

    People wanting Jason or pennywise is pretty much agreed upon with very little arguments.


    If you're going to qoute something make sure you read it properly

  • @Volfawott said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1720663#Comment_1720663

    Sick of the springtrap you clearly can't even read the thing you're quoting.

    Quote you referenced is not saying springtrap is the most requested it's saying it's the most argued and contestant about.

    People wanting Jason or pennywise is pretty much agreed upon with very little arguments.

    If you're going to qoute something make sure you read it properly

    I don't know if you're drunk or delusional, but I see loads of people arguing over Jason or Pennywise, much more than Springtrap, where are you pulling these lies from lmao, get real

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1724780#Comment_1724780

    I don't know if you're drunk or delusional, but I see loads of people arguing over Jason or Pennywise, much more than Springtrap, where are you pulling these lies from lmao, get real

    People rarely arguing about Jason usually they want in the game the argument against him is he already has a game.

    Pennywise or Jason to be included is usually something the vast majority of people one hence why it's not argue as much.

    Springtrap usually has people arguing for and against it very frequently. Jason and pennywise usually have people rooting for them and very really arguing against them.

    Jason and pennywise are the two most requested Killers

  • Here’s the thing people have to remember, and I mean, REALLY remember, is this. Though it may not seem like it, places like the DBD Reddit, forums, Twitter or whatever, are the vocal minority. We have 20 million players and growing but, when it comes to these sites, the numbers can be very bloated. Just think of how many people that have created a account on these sites to comment or talk like once or twice and that’s it. Yeah, the forums have a lot of members on it but, once again, I see a LOT of repeat people discussing topics. That’s like seeing the polls section because, as neat as they are, I see quite a few of the same people popping up in those polls.

    Too get to your question though, yeah, he’s pretty divisive on these sites, though, yet again, I still personally believe it’s just the vocal minority arguing with each other while the silent majority would just be happy with another cool chapter. We can make arguments both for and against that idea all day so I won’t go further into that. Some counter arguments against him have already been brought up, such as the FNAF community acts like children. Although, in my opinion, that’s every “community” that has ever existed and will exist in the future. Every single one of them as their bad apples, trust me, this community isn’t any saint either, hell, some of the replies in this thread can attest to just how childish it can be. Just look at how the community acted when pops time was getting changed.

    Another one is that some just don’t find it scary and, that’s fine. Just remember this though, horror is up there as being one of the most subjective topics ever, right up there with comedy. What will be scary to me will not be scary to you. I’m scarred of heights, some would say that’s a ludicrous thing to be scared of and that’s ok, as long as they see why I would be then that’s fine. Others are scared of spiders and, though I’m not scared of them, I can see why. A good friend of mine is absolutely terrified of animatronics, can’t stand them and some would make fun of her for it but, once again, we are all scared of different things.

    Now, some say they want other horror characters in first and, once again, that’s fine, we all have characters we’d like to see added first but saying it would be a waste of time and money or that he isn’t iconic enough for dbd is a bit harsh imo. I have said this time and time again, it is not OUR game, it is BHVR’s game. What they see as a good fit for their game is up for them to decide to pour they’re money and effort into, that decision just won’t ever be made by us. Also, what is “iconic” is a very wishy washy blanket statement. Some are indisputable, Jason or Myers as a example, they are absolutely iconic characters that will always be around in one way or another. However, are characters like Candyman or Pumpkinhead on that level? I personally don’t think so and that raises another issue. There are different levels of iconic.

    One final one I see people bring up a lot is that they got sick of it with just how much it keeps on getting brought back up and, yeah, don’t have much to say on that one because it definitely gets annoying. Though, I personally don’t find it much more annoying then when Candyman was getting talked about constantly at one point or the never ending topics like NOED OP, DS OP, killers toxic, survivors are toxic, I’m quitting the game blah blah blah.

    Anyways, that’s my TED talk and I’ll just say this, everyone has a right to their opinions. Some will say they don’t want it while others, like myself, will sit there and say we do, just like ANY other licensed chapter that is brought up. Can we please just not be a ass to each other for different opinions or other communities though? Honestly, I think @StibbityStabbity and @APoipleTurtle are very good examples at making your points heard but not being rude about it. Props to the both of you and the rest being nice as well. :)

  • @itsaconehead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721118#Comment_1721118

    Not get punished for being selfish, tell that to my -1000 points because I betrayed a councillor...they totally ran in front of the car...it totally wasn't me trying to get the Chad is a D trophy. In all seriousness though, I've went back to F13 and I forgot how much I loved it, I used to hate how random it was but now it gives it something exciting.

    That was me. I was ushering everyone to the cops and was being inspirational over the chat, I like to sort of get in character for Tommy, and before I got there someone ran me over and was like "######### YOU I WANNA LIVE!!!" I died laughing. I haven't played in a while, but I'd love to get back into it.

    It has a magic Dead by Daylight does not. That's why when I see people take Friday seriously like the person I was debating with, I get confused. It lacks the competitive elements DBD has. I don't take playing Friday seriously at all. Not enough to throw a fit, unless someone's being a douchebag.

  • @Cornpopers_Evan said:

    Here’s the thing people have to remember, and I mean, REALLY remember, is this. Though it may not seem like it, places like the DBD Reddit, forums, Twitter or whatever, are the vocal minority. We have 20 million players and growing but, when it comes to these sites, the numbers can be very bloated. Just think of how many people that have created a account on these sites to comment or talk like once or twice and that’s it. Yeah, the forums have a lot of members on it but, once again, I see a LOT of repeat people discussing topics. That’s like seeing the polls section because, as neat as they are, I see quite a few of the same people popping up in those polls.

    Too get to your question though, yeah, he’s pretty divisive on these sites, though, yet again, I still personally believe it’s just the vocal minority arguing with each other while the silent majority would just be happy with another cool chapter. We can make arguments both for and against that idea all day so I won’t go further into that. Some counter arguments against him have already been brought up, such as the FNAF community acts like children. Although, in my opinion, that’s every “community” that has ever existed and will exist in the future. Every single one of them as their bad apples, trust me, this community isn’t any saint either, hell, some of the replies in this thread can attest to just how childish it can be. Just look at how the community acted when pops time was getting changed.

    Another one is that some just don’t find it scary and, that’s fine. Just remember this though, horror is up there as being one of the most subjective topics ever, right up there with comedy. What will be scary to me will not be scary to you. I’m scarred of heights, some would say that’s a ludicrous thing to be scared of and that’s ok, as long as they see why I would be then that’s fine. Others are scared of spiders and, though I’m not scared of them, I can see why. A good friend of mine is absolutely terrified of animatronics, can’t stand them and some would make fun of her for it but, once again, we are all scared of different things.

    Now, some say they want other horror characters in first and, once again, that’s fine, we all have characters we’d like to see added first but saying it would be a waste of time and money or that he isn’t iconic enough for dbd is a bit harsh imo. I have said this time and time again, it is not OUR game, it is BHVR’s game. What they see as a good fit for their game is up for them to decide to pour they’re money and effort into, that decision just won’t ever be made by us. Also, what is “iconic” is a very wishy washy blanket statement. Some are indisputable, Jason or Myers as a example, they are absolutely iconic characters that will always be around in one way or another. However, are characters like Candyman or Pumpkinhead on that level? I personally don’t think so and that raises another issue. There are different levels of iconic.

    One final one I see people bring up a lot is that they got sick of it with just how much it keeps on getting brought back up and, yeah, don’t have much to say on that one because it definitely gets annoying. Though, I personally don’t find it much more annoying then when Candyman was getting talked about constantly at one point or the never ending topics like NOED OP, DS OP, killers toxic, survivors are toxic, I’m quitting the game blah blah blah.

    Anyways, that’s my TED talk and I’ll just say this, everyone has a right to their opinions. Some will say they don’t want it while others, like myself, will sit there and say we do, just like ANY other licensed chapter that is brought up. Can we please just not be a ass to each other for different opinions or other communities though? Honestly, I think @StibbityStabbity and @APoipleTurtle are very good examples at making your points heard but not being rude about it. Props to the both of you and the rest being nice as well. :)

    From what I've seen only one side is being incredibly rude and dismissive and that's the nay sayers. They come in and shout down anyone who wants Springtrap then proceed to insult FNAF's fanbase as if ours don't have a massive amount of cringe in it. Hell, I see a lot of cringe in these forums too. "Kate is so beautiful!" "How big are Kate's boobs?!" or my personal favorite "Waaaaaaah I dun want LGBT in DBD! Waaaah!!!" to name a few.

  • @Elena said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1720751#Comment_1720751

    You don't need to apologise for disagreeing, and I will admit I probably wrote my first comment very aggressively.

    If you go back to the 80's, two of the classic horror killer icons were born, Freddy and Jason. They were so iconic that many sequels were made and there's even talks of a Friday the 13th reboot despite the legal troubles going on. If you go back to the 70's, a personified embodiment of pure evil, aka Michael Myers was born. So many sequels and reboots were made that they have two new Halloween movies coming out soon.

    My point is, Springtrap has only been in the spotlight for 5 years, (I'm not talking about FNAF in general, Springtrap made his first major appearance in the 3rd game which released in 2015). 5 years is nothing compared to over 60-50 decades of horror icons. Dead by Daylight adding Springtrap before any other icon would be a joke, especially because there's far more horror icons out there that have yet to be given the spotlight in Dead by Daylight.

    That's fine. I wasn't bothered by it, but I can't speak for the OP.

    The thing about Dead by Daylight is that it's a celebration of horror and its role in pop culture. It's the Smash of horror games. Stranger Things, Silent Hill, and Left 4 Dead are still rather young franchises compared to their peers features in DBD yet they're still iconic. FNAF is no different. FNAF played a huge role in survival horror objectively so to me Springtrap has earned his spot with the others.

  • @DarKStaR350z said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721615#Comment_1721615

    I’m sure that’s scary if you’re not yet a teen, but it’s hard to take seriously and not find it funny.

    Same can be said about the "Iconic" killers. These guys just aren't scary when you get older. You can't say "It's only scary if you're young" about one thing, and not say the same about allllll the others that are the exact same way.

  • @Hex_Stalk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721817#Comment_1721817

    Same can be said about the "Iconic" killers. These guys just aren't scary when you get older. You can't say "It's only scary if you're young" about one thing, and not say the same about allllll the others that are the exact same way.

    The Nightmare series literally moved towards comedy/horror after the first two movies.

  • @Awakey said:

    It just doesn't fit.

    It'd feel like putting two hook sides of a Velcro strap together. Like, yeah, they're stuck together, but not very well and you'll get bored of it coming off all the time.

    People would play him into the ground and it would get hella stale. And, since I'm on Xbox, I'll have to deal with some 12 year old Springtrap main inviting me to a party and rupturing my eardrums.

    No thanks.

    The thought of that just gave me a stroke of laughter thank you. I don't know how I would feel if he was added.

  • You have 21 posts so far, and I am almost 100% sure it is ALL about adding Springtrap into DBD, no one likes spam, and Springtrap simply isn't an iconic killer. Both factors (especially the spam) makes me not want Springtrap in with a burning passion, FNAF isn't even a good game, it's just full of cheap jumpscares, the fanbase is terrible, and it makes me cringe anytime someone mentions bringing a killer from a children's game into DBD

  • I think you mean divisive, not decisive. That is all.

  • @Creepa99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721015#Comment_1721015

    Oh yes far more balanced. If you aren't able to escape it's because you don't know how to loop Jason and fight back and if you take too long to escape Jason gets his rage and you get punished for it. Perks don't really make a difference which is good so that there isn't too much bullshit, there's stamina so you can't just loop Jason forever and ever, and Jason is random so you don't know what's going to happen when you load in. Killer on DbD can be extremely stressful while dealing with powerhouse survivors yet the survivors always complain on here for no reason. It's a 4v1 game not a 1v1 game obviously killers are amazing in 1v1's.

    friday the 13th is trash with massive and i do mean massive game ques

  • @LuffyBlack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721015#Comment_1721015

    As much as it pains me to agree with him. He's kind of right. Friday the 13th: The Game is a far superior horror game. I'll go into greater detail why:

    1. You're given a reason to grind and level up because you earn new skins. Here, you're leveling up for what feels like the sake of it.
    2. Jason is played correctly is actually a menacing force and is given the tools to apply pressure. There's more objectives he has to tend to. The councilors are given more to do in the game.
    3. When Jason's in rage mode then you have wasted enough time for him to get to that state, your only option is to survive until time runs out. I've done this several times and made it out. The tension in this case feels authentic.
    4. Friday the 13th: The Game actually FEELs like a party game. I could share with you all of the hilarious experiences I had with the game. Dying isn't a big deal to me because it's part of the horror experience, you make it or you don't. Meanwhile DBD's mostly horror stories and it's not just me, the forum is filled with complaints all the damn time. DBD is a sports game with a horror skin slapped on. The community doesn't seem to get that.
    5. You are also given more tools to play with and you could do your own thing. You could be selfish and not be punished by the game. DBD's too restrictive on both sides. Jason is also given creative tools to work against councilors.
    6. Team kill really made things exciting because players robbed each other for opportunities to escape. If the community wasn't so damn toxic, Friday would have been even more interesting. It played on human nature like most survival games did. That's something no other online horror game has given us.
    7. There wasn't a way for Jason to camp. There were dynamic ways you could get pass Jason. If he guards the boat then everyone else could use the cops, outlast him, fix the cars, or even kill him. No loops or infinites.

    Had it not been for the lawsuit, the developers' incompetence, and the entitled and cringy community Friday could have been something.

    no its not far too long game ques, ive even waited half hour for a game maybe longer

  • @Revzi100 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1721118#Comment_1721118

    no its not far too long game ques, ive even waited half hour for a game maybe longer

    Well the game is dying or at least on life support. My only suggestion is to back out of the que then try loading in or another game. People leaving after they're killed like morons don't really help either.

  • @Orion said:

    Yes, several. Candyman, for example.

    You better bee-lieve I want Candyman🦒

  • I HATE fnaf. It is the horror equivalent of fortnight; something children have latched onto and think it represents what that genre of game should be and generates a ######### fanbase around it. A good horror game is silent hill 2 one they brought to this game. A game that not only has a huge fan following but for a good reason not "because some youtuber played it and wet their pants so kids love it". It genuinely makes you feel alone, crushing you under it's atmosphere.

    Do horror franchises get stupid? Yeah. They put Jason in space. But that's kinda what happens when a franchise goes on for a while. It's why Scream happened (another killer we have, though they were kinda coy about it for a while). Traditional horror is often things that genuinely scare us. Not startle us. Freddy is scary because you can't avoid sleep forever. Jason is scary cause the dude is a juggernaut. Myers is scary because all he wants to do is kill you. Pyramid Head is scary because while he was specifically James' toxic masculinity come back to punish and kill him, he now functions as a extension of the fog in silent hill torturing you for being a ######### person. Saw was less scary but more about the tension. You are given an adequate ability to actually escape but your own human nature is what will ultimately hold you back and fail you.


    Tl;dr

    Fear is not being startled. And that's all fnaf is. A jack in the box that yells at you.

  • @LuffyBlack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1724718#Comment_1724718

    That was me. I was ushering everyone to the cops and was being inspirational over the chat, I like to sort of get in character for Tommy, and before I got there someone ran me over and was like "######### YOU I WANNA LIVE!!!" I died laughing. I haven't played in a while, but I'd love to get back into it.

    It has a magic Dead by Daylight does not. That's why when I see people take Friday seriously like the person I was debating with, I get confused. It lacks the competitive elements DBD has. I don't take playing Friday seriously at all. Not enough to throw a fit, unless someone's being a douchebag.

    I think that day I ran over a Debbie oops, but I mean I was playing Chad and had to get into character. The game does have that magic that also makes it funny, it's a game I can chill on instead of feeling like I'm against sweaty players. The only thing I do on F13 to avoid being annoyed is muting people that scream or blast music through their headsets.

  • @itsaconehead said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1725087#Comment_1725087

    I think that day I ran over a Debbie oops, but I mean I was playing Chad and had to get into character. The game does have that magic that also makes it funny, it's a game I can chill on instead of feeling like I'm against sweaty players. The only thing I do on F13 to avoid being annoyed is muting people that scream or blast music through their headsets.

    Yes exactly, playing killer on DbD is like playing as a cod pro in a tournament. You have to sweat your ass off just to slightly do good.

1 2 3