BHVR, can we acknowledge fps on console is AWFUL since 4.1.0?

(for the original post look below)

UPDATE #2 (SEPTEMBER 1)

@MandyTalk posted this reply:

"If you don't keep this thread on topic, it will be closed.

When we have information we will post it."

So here's asking to all the new comers: please, don't spam and remain in-topic as much as possible. The new patch is almost here and it would be a shame to not have this topic ready to discuss if and what changed. Thank you guys!

UPDATE #1 (August 28)

Q: did BHVR acknowledge the consoles problem?

A: NO. The only thing that BHVR did in this topic was to say, and I quote from @PatBrutal, "Just so you know, we've shared the thread with the team and they're going to take a look at it."

The reply from Pat was on August 13th, and since then we haven't received any update on the matter. We currently don't know:

  • if the Dev Team actually did read the post
  • if they understand there is a frame rate problem
  • if they are willing to work on the problem
  • if they are able to work on the problem
  • if the problem has any priority over other work
  • if yes at all of the above: when the issues are expected to be resolved


Aside for the (non existent) public communications here on the forum, today there has been a tweet from the DbD official account that states as follow:

Untitled Image

notice the post is not talking about any improvement over the current fps on console, just that they apparently acknowledge console need special care for the graphical update.

if BHVR should ever decide to give any new public statement on the matter, it will be posted as a new update.

-----------------


ORIGINAL POST (august 5)

There are plenty of feedback on the optimization sub board but I don't see any reply from BHVR, so, once again:

are you aware that fps on console (PS4, at least) degraded A LOT since 4.1.0 when playing as killer?

Here, I'll post you a video from today on Hawkins, it's basically a slide show every time a survivor is on screen.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/701472489

(if it doesn't open: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/701472489)

as a comparison, here's the same map (different killer, but trust me, it's not the Oni the problem), but from one month ago

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/665197944

(again: direct link is https://www.twitch.tv/videos/665197944)

The frame rate obviously is still far from optimal, but it's a great deal better than how it is now.

Can you, @Peanits , @Almo or whoever else at least say "yes, we know, expect a fix soon / buy a pc you filthy console peasant"?

EDIT: bonus video - Hillbilly on a very open (and not very elaborate, polygonally speaking?) map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xvi3tYBSOA

The framerate is certainly better than on Hawkins, but as you can see every time there's a chase, maybe at T-L walls, everything goes south.

Comments

  • How dare you hide yourself on the 4 the page. Back to the first you go.

  • I own this game on ps4 but quickly abandoned it because of the fps.

    I played my first game against all console users and it was quite sad. All they did was try 360 as if it would do anything.

  • Bump

    Could devs keep us up to date please? Thanks

  • @PatBrutal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/179630/bhvr-can-we-acknowledge-fps-on-console-is-awful-since-4-1-0

    Hello!

    Just so you know, we've shared the thread with the team and they're going to take a look at it.

    Thank you

    It's not just console; it's PC as well any time you get a UI/HUD update while in a game.

  • @Darkskies said:

    Warms my heart to come on see 14 new comments requesting an official response you guys are killing it!

    Please help keep this thread up with us so we can try for that much needed answer!

    🐷💖

    I love you. Your a real console patriot. Bless your soul.

  • @PatBrutal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/179630/bhvr-can-we-acknowledge-fps-on-console-is-awful-since-4-1-0

    Hello!

    Just so you know, we've shared the thread with the team and they're going to take a look at it.

    Thank you

    Thanks so much for acknowledging console. But there is a another problem on console that has been apparent for quite a while. When im playing swf after a while a glitch would occur that would say someone is still in a match when they aren't. Sometimes the lobby wouldn't me show my friends when my friends say they are in the lobby with me and vice versa. Other times it would not show all of us ready when in fact we were. this things would happen multiple times and to fix this we would all have to restart The game completely. it would get extremely tedious to do so. This has been in the game for a while and i feel no one has brought it to the devs attention. Is it possible you can tell them about this as well?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534562#Comment_1534562

    In fact, issues were starting to crop up before that, dating all the way back to the Clown and cosmetic store update.

    It's correct that the Clown update took a toll on performance. However, I'm not sure whether a memory leak was the problem or just the usual spaghetti code.

    Stranger Things definitely brought a big memory leak to the game.

  • @mydogmax19 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1531285#Comment_1531285

    I love you. Your a real console patriot. Bless your soul.

    ☺️🐷 Thank you for your kindness I play on ps4 so these issues effect my enjoyment of the game.I have taken a real step back in playing because its just really bad on certain maps.

    I just don't play as much as I used to just because of the issues with frame rates.

    Sad times I miss my boops! 💔🐷

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It sucks to be pessimistic, but other than planned global content, and urgent bug fixes, I just don’t see them investing the kind of resources necessary to deep dive into each individual console brand to ensure the game runs as optimally as possible when the next gen PlayStation and Xbox are right around the corner.

    It makes more financial sense to ensure DBD gets a bang on WOW factor for next gen, and have it running smooth as butter for them, rather than for vast majority of current gen consoles that are probably going to be traded up in the next half year or so.

    On the other hand, it would also a terrible PR movement to move on to the next consoles while neglecting an entire, already stable, player base.

    I figure many players wouldn't buy the game on the new consoles due to this move.

    And also, we are not even sure the new console version will run smooth.

    The terrible state the Conroe version is atm has nothing to do with the hardware, as there are plenty of game game who look way better and play far smoothly, with even more mechanics.

    Not be mean or anything, but the devs are amateurs, and it shows.

  • I agree that there's actually no guarantee that the current version would run smoothly on new consoles, but even worse than that there's the detail that in order to make dbd desirable for new players on new hardware a huge graphic update would be needed, basically removing any head start the increased processing power would have on performance.

    Then again, they obviously have data that we do not have, and if people are throwing money at them with cosmetics and dlc even with the current performance... we are screwed :P.

  • Did they fix frame dropping halloween skins on PS4?

    I know they didn't.. It's just a bump.

  • It's been awful since the Clown update, and has never improved despite promises.

  • I really hope they address it soon. And not 3 months down the line when the next chapter comes out

  • I'd like to know how the fuk did they code Demogorgan.

    He lags out every ######### time you look at the ground due to the prompt to use his power clipping through objects.

    Like, ######### behavior.

  • Just had the worst combo possible on PS4: Trying to play Oni on Lery's. Stuttered the whole time and every demonstrike was literally a swing in the dark.

  • Oh yeah. Lerys is bad on console right now.

    Now combine that with bloodlust and you get a slideshow ;)

  • It's a lot worse on Switch. I can handle it on PS4, but probably because it's just THAT bad on Switch.

  • Every time I ping to 3 on myers the screen stutters and I walk into a wall, or rock, or artfully placed pile of junk. And it takes a good 6 seconds to detangle myself and by than whomst ever I was chasing has left and is gone forever.

    And dont even get me started on aim assist. I tried playing on pc and kept swinging the camera on each swipe and my sister was like 'y u doin dat?' And all I could say in response was 'because the game force swings me the other way and I will miss.' Which is not a thing on pc I guess. Ive been trained to swing my camera and its NOT COOL.

    I miss playing doctor. I just want my giggles and pretty zippy lights. But alas; static shock makes the game shudder for everyone in the match and I dont want be the one who ruined someone elses experience.

  • Really like the teaser. Probably gonna be a fun killer most killers are to me. Sadly ill have to experience the killer with really bad fps.

    Feelsstutteryman

  • @Nemmy_Wemmy said:

    Really like the teaser. Probably gonna be a fun killer most killers are to me. Sadly ill have to experience the killer with really bad fps.

    Feelsstutteryman

    Yep. Every single killer they have released after legion suffer from terrible performance on consoles.

    At least they are consistent in this department lol

  • I play on PC but I sympathize with you console players. I remember when I tried running games on crappy laptops and made them as horrible graphics wise to be able to run them so I know how it feels. Overall if everyone got optimized at once that would be most effective. Bump boop

  • On a Xbox one X it was somewhat stable but now I'm getting sub 20 at most times. I get spun in an open dead zone and that survivor is GONE with this fps.

    The optimization of this game is quite frankly embaressing

  • @PatBrutal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/179630/bhvr-can-we-acknowledge-fps-on-console-is-awful-since-4-1-0

    Hello!

    Just so you know, we've shared the thread with the team and they're going to take a look at it.

    Thank you

    Also look at the Nintendo switch plz. The game has inconsistent frames all around. Everything you do the game FPS drops.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1537745#Comment_1537745

    Although I appreciate where you’re coming from, it’s extremely likely that the majority of current gen PS and Xbox owners will upgrade on launch, to within 3 to 6 months on launch.

    And as far as I know, the current DBD with any graphical enhancements released between now and then will transfer to the new consoles. No need to buy a dedicated next gen version of DBD.

    So I don’t believe BHVR will miss out on much for the small percentage of DBD consoles players that don’t upgrade their console swiftly.

    I don’t think the devs are amateurs. Metaphorically speaking, it’s like they overtook a run down hotel only to find the initial things they thought were able to be fixed/renovated were much more overwhelming than they first anticipated. The only solution would be to rebuild DBD from the ground up. Perhaps they’re doing this with the graphics update? (Fingers crossed).

    The big hurdle in the meantime is the risk of losing a significant portion of the console player base before these updates/switches to next gen. If that occurs they’re going to need a HELL of a marketing campaign at the launch of next gen to bring players back, and acquire new ones.

    And for those such as myself who for a variety of reasons will be stuck on the current console long after the next gen is out, it feels very much like "Well yeah we said this and this and even promised this, but.... ummmm... the 5 and series X will be out soon........... so... byeeeeeee..."

  • @jisp3r said:

    Did they fix frame dropping halloween skins on PS4?

    I know they didn't.. It's just a bump.

    Nice that they didn't even warn us - you can get these skins yeah but they're really designed for the one semi-functioning platform. Blighted hag = 3 fps

  • Pump, pump, pump it up.


    Pump that spirit keep it up!


    Fire, fire, fire it up.


    Fire that console spirit up!


    Disclaimer: I am not a cheerleader rl >.>

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1537745#Comment_1537745

    Although I appreciate where you’re coming from, it’s extremely likely that the majority of current gen PS and Xbox owners will upgrade on launch, to within 3 to 6 months on launch.

    And as far as I know, the current DBD with any graphical enhancements released between now and then will transfer to the new consoles. No need to buy a dedicated next gen version of DBD.

    So I don’t believe BHVR will miss out on much for the small percentage of DBD consoles players that don’t upgrade their console swiftly.

    I don’t think the devs are amateurs. Metaphorically speaking, it’s like they overtook a run down hotel only to find the initial things they thought were able to be fixed/renovated were much more overwhelming than they first anticipated. The only solution would be to rebuild DBD from the ground up. Perhaps they’re doing this with the graphics update? (Fingers crossed).

    The big hurdle in the meantime is the risk of losing a significant portion of the console player base before these updates/switches to next gen. If that occurs they’re going to need a HELL of a marketing campaign at the launch of next gen to bring players back, and acquire new ones.

    I haven't read anything about upgrading the game to it's new gen version, so I not sure how that's going to work.

    About the next gen though, I know it's going to be a steady 1 year before it becomes remotely affordable in my country, thus not many players from my homeland will be upgrading soon.

    But hey, it's just business after all. Thankfully I can show my appreciation with my wallet.

  • 60FPS IS ALL WE WANT!!!!!

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1538003#Comment_1538003

    Nice that they didn't even warn us - you can get these skins yeah but they're really designed for the one semi-functioning platform. Blighted hag = 3 fps

    I got her skin and I don't even dare to wear it because I know I won't be able to teleport

  • Ok imagine this scenario folks.

    You like playing demogorgon...you also happen to like playing lerys. Jokes on you because they both cause bad frame rates. So you basically whiff half your swings and look super boosted. ;)

    Day _ out of _ that im gonna comment till we get improved frames.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1539605#Comment_1539605

    Both Microsoft & Sony have confirmed that next consoles are backwards compatible.

    Will we be able to transfer our savegame from current gen to next gen? Wouldn't want to grind everything again.

  • @jisp3r said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1539285#Comment_1539285

    I got her skin and I don't even dare to wear it because I know I won't be able to teleport

    I can get away with just the hair

  • @SpiritLover1133 said:

    60FPS IS ALL WE WANT!!!!!

    I think most of us would settle for a steady 30fps. Because that would be a massive, MASSIVE improvement over the current frame rate situation.

    Sometimes it's like watching a film projector but in slow motion.

  • @DurkaDurka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1539648#Comment_1539648

    I think most of us would settle for a steady 30fps. Because that would be a massive, MASSIVE improvement over the current frame rate situation.

    Sometimes it's like watching a film projector but in slow motion.

    This.

  • Does every game I play have to have the arrow of hey your gonna experience lag with lots of frame rate issues oh so much fun!

    🐷😭

  • I wonder if we can get our money back just saying this ain't a hey you nerfed pig again rage rant or normal throw toys out of the pram thing.

    BUt the game is not performing and down right in playable at times surely that's grounds for refund?

  • I've been trying out the new crossplay on Switch and on survivor it is fine. Huntress and Nurse are actual threats now and seem to demolish us but I enjoy the survivor side.

    Now killer is a nightmare. Before crossplay I would 4K or 3K at least 80% of my matches so I wouldn't consider myself a bad player. But since crossplay turned on gens are flying and I keep on getting spun because of the low framerate. PC players are much more punishing than Switch players when it comes to looping and gen pressure and it often feels like I have no control. My poor Wraith has been bruised and battered today because I can't keep up with PC survivors due to low framerate on the Switch.

    Now that we are one massive playerbase the devs have no excuse to not make optimization a priority, because now console performance also affects a PC player's experience. God we still have the memory leak problem that came with the Stranger Things chapter.

  • @Cancan71 I would offer you some bandages for your Wraith but he was plenty as it is. Can not even begin to imagine how the frame rates are like on switch compared to ps4. I can how ever offer you happiness boops to hopefully help you during this dark time.

    🐽

    Does anyone know if our frame rates effect pc player at all.. Really that's our only hope to be honest here as much as I don't wish bad on pc players I just want better frames.

  • @dspaceman20 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1534197#Comment_1534197

    Thanks so much for acknowledging console. But there is a another problem on console that has been apparent for quite a while. When im playing swf after a while a glitch would occur that would say someone is still in a match when they aren't. Sometimes the lobby wouldn't me show my friends when my friends say they are in the lobby with me and vice versa. Other times it would not show all of us ready when in fact we were. this things would happen multiple times and to fix this we would all have to restart The game completely. it would get extremely tedious to do so. This has been in the game for a while and i feel no one has brought it to the devs attention. Is it possible you can tell them about this as well?

    I take it you’re on Xbox? I have the same problem and my friend that plays on PS4 says it has never happened to him before. Strange that this would only affect one console and not the other.

  • @DurkaDurka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1539648#Comment_1539648

    I think most of us would settle for a steady 30fps. Because that would be a massive, MASSIVE improvement over the current frame rate situation.

    Sometimes it's like watching a film projector but in slow motion.

    I agree

  • I do apologise but when ever I see your name I sing to myself :

    Come on over and do the twist, aha

    Overdo it and have a fit, aha

    Love you so much, it makes me sick, aha

  • @Nobsyde said:

    There are plenty of feedback on the optimization sub board but I don't see any reply from BHVR, so, once again:

    are you aware that fps on console (PS4, at least) degraded A LOT since 4.1.0 when playing as killer?

    Here, I'll post you a video from today on Hawkins, it's basically a slide show every time a survivor is on screen.

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/701472489

    (if it doesn't open: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/701472489)

    as a comparison, here's the same map (different killer, but trust me, it's not the Oni the problem), but from one month ago

    https://www.twitch.tv/videos/665197944

    (again: direct link is https://www.twitch.tv/videos/665197944)

    The frame rate obviously is still far from optimal, but it's a great deal better than how it is now.

    Can you, @Peanits , @Almo or whoever else at least say "yes, we know, expect a fix soon / buy a pc you filthy console peasant"?

    EDIT: bonus video - Hillbilly on a very open (and not very elaborate, polygonally speaking?) map.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xvi3tYBSOA

    The framerate is certainly better than on Hawkins, but as you can see every time there's a chase, maybe at T-L walls, everything goes south.

    @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/179630/bhvr-can-we-acknowledge-fps-on-console-is-awful-since-4-1-0

    As a PS4 player, I can feel this.

    You forgot to mention that some killers have noticeably lower frames than others. From what Ive played Demo has the worst frames by far, which would explain why there is barely any demo players.

    i have some friends who encourage me to climb on my ps4 account. Then there's this lol...

  • if you have both a ps4 and a pc dbd I think it's a no brainer where you should play.

    If you only have a ps4... well, there's free Fail Guys with the Plus this month!

  • @Darkskies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1541385#Comment_1541385

    I do apologise but when ever I see your name I sing to myself :

    Come on over and do the twist, aha

    Overdo it and have a fit, aha

    Love you so much, it makes me sick, aha

    <3 I named myself for the song

  • @Darkskies said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1541385#Comment_1541385

    I do apologise but when ever I see your name I sing to myself :

    Come on over and do the twist, aha

    Overdo it and have a fit, aha

    Love you so much, it makes me sick, aha

    <3 I named myself for the song

  • Very nice one of my favs next to pen cap chew we shall become very good friends 🐷💖 but plz fix frame rates devs for every frame rate I gain I promise to give happiness boops equal to the amount given.. That's a good offer!

1 … 4 5 6 7 8 … 21