BHVR, can we acknowledge fps on console is AWFUL since 4.1.0?

(for the original post look below)

UPDATE #2 (SEPTEMBER 1)

@MandyTalk posted this reply:

"If you don't keep this thread on topic, it will be closed.

When we have information we will post it."

So here's asking to all the new comers: please, don't spam and remain in-topic as much as possible. The new patch is almost here and it would be a shame to not have this topic ready to discuss if and what changed. Thank you guys!

UPDATE #1 (August 28)

Q: did BHVR acknowledge the consoles problem?

A: NO. The only thing that BHVR did in this topic was to say, and I quote from @PatBrutal, "Just so you know, we've shared the thread with the team and they're going to take a look at it."

The reply from Pat was on August 13th, and since then we haven't received any update on the matter. We currently don't know:

  • if the Dev Team actually did read the post
  • if they understand there is a frame rate problem
  • if they are willing to work on the problem
  • if they are able to work on the problem
  • if the problem has any priority over other work
  • if yes at all of the above: when the issues are expected to be resolved


Aside for the (non existent) public communications here on the forum, today there has been a tweet from the DbD official account that states as follow:

Untitled Image

notice the post is not talking about any improvement over the current fps on console, just that they apparently acknowledge console need special care for the graphical update.

if BHVR should ever decide to give any new public statement on the matter, it will be posted as a new update.

-----------------


ORIGINAL POST (august 5)

There are plenty of feedback on the optimization sub board but I don't see any reply from BHVR, so, once again:

are you aware that fps on console (PS4, at least) degraded A LOT since 4.1.0 when playing as killer?

Here, I'll post you a video from today on Hawkins, it's basically a slide show every time a survivor is on screen.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/701472489

(if it doesn't open: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/701472489)

as a comparison, here's the same map (different killer, but trust me, it's not the Oni the problem), but from one month ago

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/665197944

(again: direct link is https://www.twitch.tv/videos/665197944)

The frame rate obviously is still far from optimal, but it's a great deal better than how it is now.

Can you, @Peanits , @Almo or whoever else at least say "yes, we know, expect a fix soon / buy a pc you filthy console peasant"?

EDIT: bonus video - Hillbilly on a very open (and not very elaborate, polygonally speaking?) map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xvi3tYBSOA

The framerate is certainly better than on Hawkins, but as you can see every time there's a chase, maybe at T-L walls, everything goes south.

Comments

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    Okay so this is kinda on topic I'm almost 100% sure but uh, as a joke I decided to play with my usual Ultra+ settings (everything but AA and Shadows is cranked up to above ultra, AA and Shadows are set to 0, and I think I've got a resolution of 183%) and double the framerate from 60 to 120. Now, I've got a 60hz monitor so I wouldn't be able to see any difference but I turned on the FPS counter to see how many frames I was getting.

    Most maps were fine. All killers were. Solid 120 across the board with a bit of stutter but it never went below 90.

    Then came Midwich. I dropped to an average of 80-65 and at a point I dropped to 45 for a couple of moments. This bearing in mind from a pc that runs Minecraft with shades at 600fps (and that doesn't even use all my CPU/gpu/RAM).

    How do you people manage? If I'm dropping to 65 on a computer that could run Cyberpunk 77 with ease, how are you guys even alive?

     I play on Switch sometimes but the few times I have played since 4.0.0 I've never encountered this map and now I never want to. Holy #########, I knew the issue was bad (bc switch) but I didn't realise Lerys/Midwich was quite this large of an issue.

    Oh yeah my dude its no joke when we say this but midwhich and Lerys are a hugeeeeee problem on ps4 at least.

  • Bumping for relevancy

  • @Zaitsev said:

    Bumping for relevancy

    Guys please stop with the simple bumping or else we risk the thread getting closed.

    Try to stay on topic somehow.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1587310#Comment_1587310

    Oh god you commented that when i said it lmao.

    ill list some more:

    • Nurse - Lantern head makes frames drop and they can drop anyway at random.
    • Hag - Too many traps active at once
    • Spirit - Very minor frame drops when entering or leaving phase
    • Demo - When starting shread and when walking over surfaces that cancel your portal prompt
    • PHead - Ive had some bad frames when starting the game, this will have to be tested though.

    As Wraith, sometimes when I cloak, I get frame drops, it's way more likely on cloaking tho, uncloaking is mostly fine

  • Due to not heeding previous warnings with regards to bumping posts on this thread, the topic is now being locked and further threads created will be deleted.

    You have been heard, I have communicated already on this thread and told you that we would update when there is information available - you were also told this by a Community Manager.

    Sadly, those of you who just wanted to bump the thread to make drama, have now caused the thread to be closed.

1 … 19 20 21 ›