BHVR, can we acknowledge fps on console is AWFUL since 4.1.0?

(for the original post look below)

UPDATE #2 (SEPTEMBER 1)

@MandyTalk posted this reply:

"If you don't keep this thread on topic, it will be closed.

When we have information we will post it."

So here's asking to all the new comers: please, don't spam and remain in-topic as much as possible. The new patch is almost here and it would be a shame to not have this topic ready to discuss if and what changed. Thank you guys!

UPDATE #1 (August 28)

Q: did BHVR acknowledge the consoles problem?

A: NO. The only thing that BHVR did in this topic was to say, and I quote from @PatBrutal, "Just so you know, we've shared the thread with the team and they're going to take a look at it."

The reply from Pat was on August 13th, and since then we haven't received any update on the matter. We currently don't know:

  • if the Dev Team actually did read the post
  • if they understand there is a frame rate problem
  • if they are willing to work on the problem
  • if they are able to work on the problem
  • if the problem has any priority over other work
  • if yes at all of the above: when the issues are expected to be resolved


Aside for the (non existent) public communications here on the forum, today there has been a tweet from the DbD official account that states as follow:

Untitled Image

notice the post is not talking about any improvement over the current fps on console, just that they apparently acknowledge console need special care for the graphical update.

if BHVR should ever decide to give any new public statement on the matter, it will be posted as a new update.

-----------------


ORIGINAL POST (august 5)

There are plenty of feedback on the optimization sub board but I don't see any reply from BHVR, so, once again:

are you aware that fps on console (PS4, at least) degraded A LOT since 4.1.0 when playing as killer?

Here, I'll post you a video from today on Hawkins, it's basically a slide show every time a survivor is on screen.

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/701472489

(if it doesn't open: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/701472489)

as a comparison, here's the same map (different killer, but trust me, it's not the Oni the problem), but from one month ago

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/665197944

(again: direct link is https://www.twitch.tv/videos/665197944)

The frame rate obviously is still far from optimal, but it's a great deal better than how it is now.

Can you, @Peanits , @Almo or whoever else at least say "yes, we know, expect a fix soon / buy a pc you filthy console peasant"?

EDIT: bonus video - Hillbilly on a very open (and not very elaborate, polygonally speaking?) map.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xvi3tYBSOA

The framerate is certainly better than on Hawkins, but as you can see every time there's a chase, maybe at T-L walls, everything goes south.

Comments

  • You realize all that is saying is: “we’re going to try to make sure the new maps/graphic update don’t cause FPS drops. Not “we’re optimizing console” right? (No more FPS drops, no more drops with bloodlust, etc)


    also, I think a lot of people confuse FPS drops for latency with these servers

  • Return to where you belong, Thread!

  • @EuphoricBliss35 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1578948#Comment_1578948

    You realize all that is saying is: “we’re going to try to make sure the new maps/graphic update don’t cause FPS drops. Not “we’re optimizing console” right? (No more FPS drops, no more drops with bloodlust, etc)

    also, I think a lot of people confuse FPS drops for latency with these servers

    There's been a lot of concern on the thread about the graphics update killing framerate more than it already has.

  • Let us pray....

    We humble consolers pray for our frames, the frames of our friends and family, the frames of our neighbors, and most especially the frames of our brother and sister Switchers.

    We humble consolers ferverantly wish the mighty devs hear our prayers, and love our platforms as they love their child, DBD.

  • Has anybody noticed that the frame rate on console seems to be rather low?

    Red Dead Redemption 2 in 4K looks amazing and has a respectable frame rate so it is disappointing to then play DBD and see how much it is struggling so much despite the low resolution.

  • So besides fps being bad on consoles...i ran my first killer for all 5 gens. Only to be downed by noed. Im super happy about that

  • Here is a citation from the masterpiece Symptoms and consequences of neglect and ignorement towards console playerbase by Dr. Careman Carter

    Emotionally neglected and ignored console players can have hard time coping in the fog. Ignored console players can feel that they need to take care of the performance issues by themselves but lack the inner resources for it. This is usually caused by an ignorement of optimization when coding up. If the rising BHVR of the console players have not taken care of basic code when coding up it can result in disorders called the spaghetticode or memory leakage that cause bugs, FPS drops and other serious symptoms in the console players' experience.

    One recommended help to this situation is therapy by hiring a professional codepist to deal with these issues. Usually when a neglected console player has reached a foghood after years long period of low FPS, it can cause serious trauma and forgiveness can be hard to earn. Communication and opennes is the key when trying to fix wounds caused by improper optimization. If the neglecting and silence has continued for too long it is probable that a console player will feel abandoned by their BHVR. Neglected and abandoned console players might seek help from other developers that take care of their code and playerbase and such provide a properly performing environment for them to thrive in.

  • It's funny that we have NO OPTIONS on console regarding graphics when we're complaining about frame rates where pc has them and don't complain about it at all.

  • @FabsRinas said:

    It's funny that we have NO OPTIONS on console regarding graphics when we're complaining about frame rates where pc has them and don't complain about it at all.

    My god I want that so bad. I would happily sacrifice potato graphics for better FPS.

    Plus lower graphics give you an advantage anyway.

  • @PatBrutal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/179630/bhvr-can-we-acknowledge-fps-on-console-is-awful-since-4-1-0

    Hello!

    Just so you know, we've shared the thread with the team and they're going to take a look at it.

    Thank you

    Has any progress been made? I mean people would like to know. Its been how long since the Devs orginally talked about console optimization, but instead we get a "its been passed along"

  • Let us pray....

    We humble consolers pray for our frames, the frames of our friends and family, the frames of our neighbors, and most especially the frames of our brother and sister Switchers.

    We humble consolers ferverantly wish the mighty devs hear our prayers, and love our platforms as they love their child, DBD.

  • To any PCrs who happen to read this thread, please please please ask a friend who has DBD on PlayStation 4 or whatever and give it a go. Especially killer. Especially on an indoor map.

    Get a taste of the current console experience, maybe state here what it is. Thank you in advance.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    To any PCrs who happen to read this thread, please please please ask a friend who has DBD on PlayStation 4 or whatever and give it a go. Especially killer. Especially on an indoor map.

    Get a taste of the current console experience, maybe state here what it is. Thank you in advance.

    Haven't you already asked this like 3 times this thread?

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1583854#Comment_1583854

    Haven't you already asked this like 3 times this thread?

    Yes and a couple of other threads, but precious few have answered. Plus it helps bumping this thread and I can do it quickly. Far quicker than my Xbox frames will allow...

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1583861#Comment_1583861

    Yes and a couple of other threads, but precious few have answered. Plus it helps bumping this thread and I can do it quickly. Far quicker than my Xbox frames will allow...

    Asking it once per thread is plenty- if you didn't get a response the first time chances are you won't on your second or third.

  • My concern is that "fixing fps drops" won't do much, it's low fps ALL THE TIME. Sure fixing a drop from 10 to 6 fps is something, but it's not enough to make this game playable.


    I stopped playing completely over the last 2 weeks, the jittery performance tires out my eyes and gives me headaches. Still holding out a bit of Hope for the next couple of patches, but then I'm abandoning this game if it's still the same. There are so many good games on PS4 I'm not going to spend my time on what became a complete turd.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1583869#Comment_1583869

    Asking it once per thread is plenty- if you didn't get a response the first time chances are you won't on your second or third.

    Not everyone is going to read through 30+ pages of comments. Odds are most new people to the thread will read first couple and last couple.

  • You can't ignore this forever BHVR, we are tired and done with your lies with your "help" to console, this thread will be kept alive as long as we need to.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1583869#Comment_1583869

    Asking it once per thread is plenty- if you didn't get a response the first time chances are you won't on your second or third.

    Everyone here is trying to help the issue and helping to keep the thread alive in their own way. Posting a same comment doesn't differ from a comment saying just "up". Please don't come to this thread to discourage people from expressing their concerns, thank you. We all have different amounts of time to write different comments and getting this issue acknowledged. It shouldn't even have taken this long.

  • @Stinde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1583870#Comment_1583870

    Everyone here is trying to help the issue and helping to keep the thread alive in their own way. Posting a same comment doesn't differ from a comment saying just "up". Please don't come to this thread to discourage people from expressing their concerns, thank you. We all have different amounts of time to write different comments and getting this issue acknowledged. It shouldn't even have taken this long.

    just casually ignore me having bumped the thread several times tho ok

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1583869#Comment_1583869

    Asking it once per thread is plenty- if you didn't get a response the first time chances are you won't on your second or third.

    I will keep that in mind. With more responses I was hoping to dispel the dismissive "umph.... Consolers..... whatever at least my quque times are better" vibe I've been feeling. Allies would certainly help our cause some.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584128#Comment_1584128

    just casually ignore me having bumped the thread several times tho ok

    and for this you have our gratitude. Now kiss everyone, and enjoy the soon to come...

    PAGE 33

    In page 33 you will find:

    • 1 new Star Wars meme
    • 3 "up"
    • 1 clip/video of lagging killer
    • 0 Dev answers

    DON'T MISS IT!!!

  • @Nobsyde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584163#Comment_1584163

    and for this you have our gratitude. Now kiss everyone, and enjoy the soon to come...

    PAGE 33

    In page 33 you will find:

    • 1 new Star Wars meme
    • 3 "up"
    • 1 clip/video of lagging killer
    • 0 Dev answers

    DON'T MISS IT!!!

    Oh trust me I don't plan to :D

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584128#Comment_1584128

    just casually ignore me having bumped the thread several times tho ok

    Nowhere did I write that don't come to this thread to help us, so please, read my comment again. If something is posted too much, it's the mods job to take care of that, not yours.

  • I already said "now kiss" @Stinde , this discussion is already over!

  • @FixDBDonPS4 said:

    My concern is that "fixing fps drops" won't do much, it's low fps ALL THE TIME. Sure fixing a drop from 10 to 6 fps is something, but it's not enough to make this game playable.

    I stopped playing completely over the last 2 weeks, the jittery performance tires out my eyes and gives me headaches. Still holding out a bit of Hope for the next couple of patches, but then I'm abandoning this game if it's still the same. There are so many good games on PS4 I'm not going to spend my time on what became a complete turd.

    Hard disagree,

    even just fixing the big FPS drops you get from someone opening a chest,blood lust,getting hit with sloppy butcher etc. would be a HUGE improvement to what we currently have.

  • @Nobsyde said:

    I already said "now kiss" @Stinde , this discussion is already over!

    It doesn't update new comments while writing a comment, so didn't even see it before pressing "post comment". :)

    Yay, more pages!

  • @Stinde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584283#Comment_1584283

    It doesn't update new comments while writing a comment, so didn't even see it before pressing "post comment". :)

    Yay, more pages!

    No offence but if it's alright with you I'd rather save my kisses for Cheers, but I can offer a hug? From 2m away? I know Dua and Blackpink suggest a kiss as well but I'd much rather not.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584324#Comment_1584324

    No offence but if it's alright with you I'd rather save my kisses for Cheers, but I can offer a hug? From 2m away? I know Dua and Blackpink suggest a kiss as well but I'd much rather not.

    Hug at 2m away will do just fine! Better be safe than sorry.

  • @Stinde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584332#Comment_1584332

    Hug at 2m away will do just fine! Better be safe than sorry.

    Excellent.

    I'd be fine with a closer-than-2m-hug too but considering my current circumstances if I get corona then everything is gonna go down the drain.

  • So glad y'all worked that out! ;)

  • https://youtu.be/-1qju6V1jLM


    Me when loading into an indoor map as Killer.

    Also, get back on that first page thread!

  • I like how some newer threads are getting replies from devs or such, yet still they have yet to respond back here

  • @MrsPiggyIsSoSneaky said:

    I like how some newer threads are getting replies from devs or such, yet still they have yet to respond back here

    when I first opened this thread I understood why they weren't answering: the tech team needed to take a look at how things degraded, understand what was wrong and then take action.

    Now things are different, and I would say alarming:

    enough time has passed for the tech team to at the very least realise that yes, something is wrong, and yes, they can (and need to) work on fixing it.

    However, there hasn't yet been any update on the matter by the community management team. When Community Managers don't give updates on things like this is because there are no updates, simple as that. And if there are no updates it means that, as of right now, the tech team is not working on fixing things.

    They are allegedly working on optimising the graphical update, which is a good thing of course, but it's far from enough - even admitting that the two new maps will have better performance than the older ones (and that's a veeeeery long stretch, but who knows), it doesn't change the fact that we will still be screwed on every other situation.

    BUT WAIT, THERE'S MORE!!!!

    Don't forget that the maps where we struggle the most are maps like Larry's, Hawkins or the Silent Hill one, especially with killers like Oni, Pyramid Head, Deathslinger, Demogorgon, the Doctor...

    What's the common denominator here? They are all NEW CONTENT, and there's no way that these maps/killers will get a rework/optimisation pass before all the older killers/maps get a graphical update / killer power rework.

    In other words, I'm extremely pessimistic right now.

  • @Nobsyde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584163#Comment_1584163

    and for this you have our gratitude. Now kiss everyone, and enjoy the soon to come...

    PAGE 33

    In page 33 you will find:

    • 1 new Star Wars meme
    • 3 "up"
    • 1 clip/video of lagging killer
    • 0 Dev answers

    DON'T MISS IT!!!

    You love my memes dont even lie or ill lower your frame rates kid. Jk haha

  • Jus my contribution to the tally

    ...33 more comments til 1000!

  • @Nemmy_Wemmy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584272#Comment_1584272

    You love my memes dont even lie or ill lower your frame rates kid. Jk haha

    The only star wars I ever watched was episode IV.

    There, I said it.

  • Behavior. You have my consent to lower @Nobsyde's frame rate to 0.

  • Switch Frames, start off at about 28-29, game then drops to 20-25, if not lower. Look at Kate running, you can’t make smooth movements in case you don’t know or haven’t played on Switch. Telling me it’s okay for someone to play crossplay at 20fps vs. PS4/Xbox/PC is a gd joke

    https://youtu.be/G1wv46fjWHc


  • Xbox /PS4 Frames. As you’ll see, frames are not stable. Frames have definitely gotten worse since this video was made.

    https://youtu.be/zQWX_NkOETQ


  • @not_Queen as the community manager,

    Are you planning on issuing an apology to all console players anytime soon? I take you'd like to offer your customers a good customer service.

  • @EuphoricBliss35 said:

    Xbox /PS4 Frames. As you’ll see, frames are not stable. Frames have definitely gotten worse since this video was made.

    https://youtu.be/zQWX_NkOETQ

    What??? So the game would normally go at 60 fps? And on Lerys the frames are so painful that everything goes in slow motion? When I play Pyramid Head the frame rate is incredibly painful ... How did they manage to reduce the game in this state?

  • @EuphoricBliss35 said:

    Xbox /PS4 Frames. As you’ll see, frames are not stable. Frames have definitely gotten worse since this video was made.

    https://youtu.be/zQWX_NkOETQ

    before I even watch this, this video is from one year ago.

    Frame rates got a lot worse since then.

    EDIT: ok, I watched it. The video makes no sense right now.

    EDIT2: I'll probably try to play a Doc game of Red Forrest tomorrow on stream, so that you can see how it is now (which anyway is proof that something broke along the patches this past year, instead of being optimised)

  • @Fattyclown said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584677#Comment_1584677

    What??? So the game would normally go at 60 fps? And on Lerys the frames are so painful that everything goes in slow motion? When I play Pyramid Head the frame rate is incredibly painful ... How did they manage to reduce the game in this state?

    @Nobsyde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584677#Comment_1584677

    before I even watch this, this video is from one year ago.

    Frame rates got a lot worse since then.

    EDIT: ok, I watched it. The video makes no sense right now.

    EDIT2: I'll probably try to play a Doc game of Red Forrest tomorrow on stream, so that you can see how it is now (which anyway is proof that something broke along the patches this past year, instead of being optimised)

    This video is way more accurate since it was based of a normal console and not the Pro version

    BTW this video is also 10 MONTHS old

    https://youtu.be/bGW7EiFQc1M


  • yeah, that's already more like it, but I really think the performance is even worse now.

  • @Nobsyde said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1584774#Comment_1584774

    yeah, that's already more like it, but I really think the performance is even worse now.

    Of course it is.

    Even this video is 10 months old already

  • Big maps such as corn and Red forest are lagging as hell.

    Just had a couple of games in these maps as doctors, and I got a terrible headache.

    Wonder if we're approaching refund/lawsuit territory here.

  • I wonder if it’s reportable if someone knows about the terrible FPS as Killer and tries to abuse it against them as Survivor.

    @Sylorknag said:

    Big maps such as corn and Red forest are lagging as hell.

    Just had a couple of games in these maps as doctors, and I got a terrible headache.

    Wonder if we're approaching refund/lawsuit territory here.

    That’d probably be the only way that would BHVR put console optimization as their top priority.

  • @Sylorknag said:

    Big maps such as corn and Red forest are lagging as hell.

    Just had a couple of games in these maps as doctors, and I got a terrible headache.

    Wonder if we're approaching refund/lawsuit territory here.

    Not even close.

    Sure,DBD optimization is horrible but there are soo many more games that are worse then DBD.

1 … 17 18 19 20 21