BHVR, can we acknowledge fps on console is AWFUL since 4.1.0?
(for the original post look below)
UPDATE #2 (SEPTEMBER 1)
@MandyTalk posted this reply:
"If you don't keep this thread on topic, it will be closed.
When we have information we will post it."
So here's asking to all the new comers: please, don't spam and remain in-topic as much as possible. The new patch is almost here and it would be a shame to not have this topic ready to discuss if and what changed. Thank you guys!
UPDATE #1 (August 28)
Q: did BHVR acknowledge the consoles problem?
A: NO. The only thing that BHVR did in this topic was to say, and I quote from @PatBrutal, "Just so you know, we've shared the thread with the team and they're going to take a look at it."
The reply from Pat was on August 13th, and since then we haven't received any update on the matter. We currently don't know:
- if the Dev Team actually did read the post
- if they understand there is a frame rate problem
- if they are willing to work on the problem
- if they are able to work on the problem
- if the problem has any priority over other work
- if yes at all of the above: when the issues are expected to be resolved
Aside for the (non existent) public communications here on the forum, today there has been a tweet from the DbD official account that states as follow:
notice the post is not talking about any improvement over the current fps on console, just that they apparently acknowledge console need special care for the graphical update.
if BHVR should ever decide to give any new public statement on the matter, it will be posted as a new update.
-----------------
ORIGINAL POST (august 5)
There are plenty of feedback on the optimization sub board but I don't see any reply from BHVR, so, once again:
are you aware that fps on console (PS4, at least) degraded A LOT since 4.1.0 when playing as killer?
Here, I'll post you a video from today on Hawkins, it's basically a slide show every time a survivor is on screen.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/701472489(if it doesn't open: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/701472489)
as a comparison, here's the same map (different killer, but trust me, it's not the Oni the problem), but from one month ago
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/665197944(again: direct link is https://www.twitch.tv/videos/665197944)
The frame rate obviously is still far from optimal, but it's a great deal better than how it is now.
Can you, @Peanits , @Almo or whoever else at least say "yes, we know, expect a fix soon / buy a pc you filthy console peasant"?
EDIT: bonus video - Hillbilly on a very open (and not very elaborate, polygonally speaking?) map.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xvi3tYBSOAThe framerate is certainly better than on Hawkins, but as you can see every time there's a chase, maybe at T-L walls, everything goes south.

Comments
Do a pig main a soild and give me a nice Clown build I really don't enjoy him maybe it's my build maybe my add ons maybe I need a different attitude I dunno..
Would appreciate it much the same got a daily.
Does his Blight cosmetic effect frames? Probably but need to keep this revalent lol
๐ท๐
Yeah basically every blight skin affects the fps (least it did when I played on Switch).
Meanwhile let's use Zaaaaaanshin Tactics because it's great! It may have took some brainstorming to get to it.
Ive said this before and ill say it again. I really fear for the playability of blight on console. Theres no way, with all that glowy drippy blight stuff, that he will have good frames...
I'll probably play with him but if he is too laggy ill have to drop him shortly. At least i can mess around with his perks.
Wouldnt it be swell if the next midchapter was a optimization focused patch? It would make me big happy. I mayyyy even stop memeing you with prequel memes bc i know how butthurt that makes you dbd devs ;) jk pls tho?
Let's wait for someone to buy it and review it on console before buying it
Corrupt, Surge, Pop, Sloppy/BBQ/STBFL/Brutal
Or
Ruin, Surv, Surge, BBQ/Brutal
I use these 2 builds regularly. I used to dislike Surge, but I have found that it often helps me to have extra time to use Pop if a Survivor works on a generator or to continue a chase without kicking the generator
The Trash Funny Build: Courlophobia, Sloppy, Infectious Fright, STBFL or Knockout.
A build whose sole purpose is to mess around :D
Thank you muchly love the mess around I be all about that life thank you! I will have fun I hope ๐คก๐ท
Ooff do you play on ps4 or xbox?
I have no idea how bad it is for our switchys compared to ps4 would like to know tho, we all deserve support equally.
I like pop, overcharge, BBQ and Brutal.
Massive regression and bottles flying everywhere
I feel like being in a circus with clowns around me. BHVR is still silent about it? What a joke
Actually PC (though for 2 years it was a 9fps machine that froze whenever someone fell asleep, then for half a year up to 14fps, now I can run a smooth 60 since June), but I empathise with console players & I played on Switch for like, a long ass time too.
Up
That's cool thank you for giving switch support I think I read somewhere that you stream? might of been wrong let me know what things you do I personally would love to give you some support.
Definitely want to double down on the xbox ps4 switch we are all dealing with these issues support each other forget the console wars we all suffer the same stay together stay heard ๐
Yeah you heard right, tho due to some circumstances times are up in the air. Karu_TC on Twitch, usually play dbd.
I will buy him 100% on release - I have 50k+ iri shards just sitting there so... we'll experience him together soon enough
@Fattyclown make survivors scream 45 times did it with Clown in one match thank you my guy much love I had fun as clown. Admittedly tho 2 of them got stuck on a hill and I had to play ( life guard Clown swimwear for Clown when plus bay watch sound track)
But I could see frame rate issues with the gas tho wasn't lag either nice green ping of 40 for me no blight no hook charms on auto haven wreckers.
Glad I helped you and that you enjoyed it ๐คก
Let us pray....
We humble consolers pray for our frames, the frames of our friends and family, the frames of our neighbors, and most especially the frames of our brother and sister Switchers.
We humble consolers ferverantly wish the mighty devs hear our prayers, and love our platforms as they love their child, DBD.
Yeah I turned into one of @GoodBoyKaru 's streams and once I saw him running the forbidden addons on Freddy I knew I had to smash that mf'in subscribe button ;)
In other news I just tried xplay as killer, got my first pc survivors and gave them a good seeing to. Who needs frames anyway? (that's a joke btw devs, don't go relaxing on me)
I saw him running the forbidden addons on Freddy
Was this the Lery's game where Wizard made me use Devour and I knew it'd go in 16 seconds so I stuck on PainBrush and Swing Chains and was like "######### it"?
Yup ๐
I have less than fond memories of that game.
The PH game you watched where I went sicko mode with the POTD was fun though
That was a good one @GoodBoyKaru
About to play some sharp hand joe myself, with overcharge ofc :)
Honestly stack double dress, Overcharge, PGTW, Lullaby, BBQ; go wild. BBQ there for points and PGTW because I have an addiction to the perk.
Not all PC killer do that, game looks like dogshit on low.
Ahah I did use one dress and lullaby which lasted til the end for once. I also dunno how alessa got that many points but good for her
It was always Unreal 4 it was a different version of U4 tho don't confuse the 2.
Lmao good job- how many frames do you think those poor console players lost?
I'm the poor console player :p or one of them at least.
I had a good few drops, it was mother's dwelling which isn't the worst for that but def not the best either.
Even worse lol
I'm surprised only a few mainly because Freddy existing on console seemed to kill it lol
I've been playing mostly doc, Freddy and hag today who are all the worst honestly. I should do some demo to complete the cycle of masochism
Masochism?
Play the Leg.
The Leg is my favourite killer
The Leg is beautiful.
...provided it's Joey or Frank. Not the other two.
Oh dear this got close to the 2nd page again I think we should fix that
I never talked about unreal 3/4, I just said that they updated the engine, and they did (and they are keeping on doing it, btw). Even if it wasn't a major revision (like the upcoming 4 โ 5), it still was a revision that changed stuff.
Game Engines get updated regularly, and even in minor revisions things break / performance changes / new features are added and older features get changed/removed.
PlayStation?
I see you like to block things I understand my psn xMissDoseyx I would like to annoy you plz allow me to ๐โค๏ธ
Added <3
Go up stupid thread
why not pin the thread.
yeah, and maybe next a tweet from the DbD account saying something like:
"our community is amazing! Players are so committed to the game that we have a thread of almost 1000 replies: no flame, just enjoyment and passion!"
and we want something done.
I am proudly Still working towards the most booped pig award on ps4!
i would go for most wholesome but otz exists so God damn ๐ท๐
Still trying my best to be me tho
๐ฝ (slow boops to not cause frame drops) ๐ฝ
Back to the first page!
Me when talking to the DBD devs about console frames.
When the average dbd viewer watches a dbd game from a console player.
Only hardcore prequel memers will get these two memes hehe.
Honestly at this point we all have to get togeher and vote with our wallets like you said. If we do that we have a high chance of getting a response.
a lot star war fan here something.
NINTENDO SWITCH IS BORDERLINE UNPLAYABLE LATELY. PLEASE OPTIMIZE