BHVR, can we acknowledge fps on console is AWFUL since 4.1.0?
(for the original post look below)
UPDATE #2 (SEPTEMBER 1)
@MandyTalk posted this reply:
"If you don't keep this thread on topic, it will be closed.
When we have information we will post it."
So here's asking to all the new comers: please, don't spam and remain in-topic as much as possible. The new patch is almost here and it would be a shame to not have this topic ready to discuss if and what changed. Thank you guys!
UPDATE #1 (August 28)
Q: did BHVR acknowledge the consoles problem?
A: NO. The only thing that BHVR did in this topic was to say, and I quote from @PatBrutal, "Just so you know, we've shared the thread with the team and they're going to take a look at it."
The reply from Pat was on August 13th, and since then we haven't received any update on the matter. We currently don't know:
- if the Dev Team actually did read the post
- if they understand there is a frame rate problem
- if they are willing to work on the problem
- if they are able to work on the problem
- if the problem has any priority over other work
- if yes at all of the above: when the issues are expected to be resolved
Aside for the (non existent) public communications here on the forum, today there has been a tweet from the DbD official account that states as follow:
notice the post is not talking about any improvement over the current fps on console, just that they apparently acknowledge console need special care for the graphical update.
if BHVR should ever decide to give any new public statement on the matter, it will be posted as a new update.
-----------------
ORIGINAL POST (august 5)
There are plenty of feedback on the optimization sub board but I don't see any reply from BHVR, so, once again:
are you aware that fps on console (PS4, at least) degraded A LOT since 4.1.0 when playing as killer?
Here, I'll post you a video from today on Hawkins, it's basically a slide show every time a survivor is on screen.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/701472489(if it doesn't open: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/701472489)
as a comparison, here's the same map (different killer, but trust me, it's not the Oni the problem), but from one month ago
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/665197944(again: direct link is https://www.twitch.tv/videos/665197944)
The frame rate obviously is still far from optimal, but it's a great deal better than how it is now.
Can you, @Peanits , @Almo or whoever else at least say "yes, we know, expect a fix soon / buy a pc you filthy console peasant"?
EDIT: bonus video - Hillbilly on a very open (and not very elaborate, polygonally speaking?) map.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xvi3tYBSOAThe framerate is certainly better than on Hawkins, but as you can see every time there's a chase, maybe at T-L walls, everything goes south.

Comments
No, nothing about Console, they haven't even addressed the issue on the forums but hey leta nerf Billy again.
Not just console. PC has been getting issues too. Indoor maps, especially new Lery's, are the worst for this. And my PC is mid-range, but would have been high range when DBD actually came out. xD
I don't understand why they can't just hire more people to optimize the game the way it should be, they're obviously have steady funds coming through with their DLC and cosmetic store so why not invest some of the earnings from those resources to hire more staff to get the game in a healthy state. It's kinda redundant.
Same reason they don't bother to fix game breaking bugs like rank update error, (directly related to dedicated servers, btw, and has exited for a year) of course; there's no money in that.
So they must just either pocket all the earnings or use them to give us another licensed killer that will be rushed
This makes me so mad. Every time I whiff because a survivor did a wiggle in front of me, I feel like uninstalling.
I don't understand why this game even has FPS issues when you look at other games way more graphically heavy and they can run a smooth 60 FPS. This game is PS3 graphics at best and runs like garbage on the PS4 (I play on both PC and PS4, but feel better about playing on PC because my frames stay at 60.)
Page 6, still no dev response on this thread.
Even as a PC player, this is really sad.
They are on holiday, they will fix things Soon ™
thanks for the empathy :,).
Anyway by looking at the optimisation sub-board I think that the game is currently struggling on pc as well, on low/mid-end hardware.
It shouldn’t have any issues. The Last of Us Part II was designed with a base model PS4 in mind and runs with little to no issues. It is also a visual masterpiece (even people that hated the story and characters praised the visuals). BHVR should have no problems making Dead by Daylight perform well on consoles. I’m beginning to think that they just don’t know how to develop for consoles. That’s the only possible reason I can think of if they actually care about them.
Lol so apparently cross play is coming I guess we might stand a chance of some answer I have no idea if the fact our game runs like a picture slide show how that will effect how the pc player sees us..
Will be interesting to find out
Hopefully they will complain about us skipping and juttering enough for them to finally take notice lmao
Beep bump
I doubt it will affect pc players at all, aside for the fact that they will face killers unable to counter 360s :P.
Installed, played a few games as slinger, still trash frames.
And because this game loves me so much it gave me Lerys first game on with a fog offering. legit constant 10 FPS at most.
Slinger - who is very frame reliant - is becoming borderline unplayable, and I might legit have to move to a different killer or back to Legion.
It's sad cause I love slinger :(
Bump bump bump
Also let us choose if we want aim assist please
Forever On... First page
Forever On
Had a game of Demo on Badham Preschool and it felt like a slideshow. Absolutely awful.
Aim assist doesn’t exist in DBD :O said the Devs, it’s actually ~~Aim dressing~~
Aim dressing has missed me so many survivors and its probably lost me a few games. Hate it especially on Legion.
Anyway, aim dressing wouldn't be that much of an issue if survivors didn't spin in 3 frames and my game goes at 5 FPS.
How the latest patch feels.
Here's hoping they do address it because the game has definitely taken a huge dip with these last updates. PS4.
Interesting enough, I was watching some very old gameplay footage I had recorded when the clown was released and was shocked at how much better the game looked back then.
Yeah, it's definitely not a PS4 hardware issue. There are so many games that look & run great on PS4 - Ghost of Tsushima being the newest example.
Since non-high end pc's are also starting to struggle more and more with this game, it's very likely that the devs simply don't know how to do it better.
Knock Knock
who’s there?
a Dev replying
a Dev replying what?
Sorry wrong topic
This is honestly so sad... Let's nerf billy again
Good thing crossplay can be disabled. I will definitely not play against PC players as long as I have to deal with framedrops and overall low fps.
like someone said before at least increase the brightness because the game its too dark now
the only good thing about this is that when we, as killers, will inevitably 4k these PC peasants (:P) there will be absolutely no excuses for survivors 🥕
The guys oni build is really odd. Looks more like a Ghostface build to me
A 7 page thread so far and not a single response from either a mod or a dev, this is concerning.
No response from the devs whatsoever.
Atleast give us a "No, f you console players.", that would still be better than nothing at all.
following the twit about the MMR being disabled I can imagine the next one:
"At 10 AM ET tomorrow, the online features of Dead by Daylight on every console will be disabled. You will still be able to access the store to buy cosmetics and DLC and the single-player tutorial. We made this decision following reports, data gathered and, most importantly, we didn't want to send a reply on the topic BHVR CAN WE ACKNOWLEDGE FPS ON CONSOLE IS AWFUL SINCE 4.1.0?"
It's one of several reasons to out-out of crossplay.
it will be interesting to understand how opting out/in from crossplay will affect queue times. Also it will be interesting to see if cross play will be enabled by default or not - if it's the latter, I can imagine the vast majority of console players won't even know that crossplay is a possibility :P
Fun fact, we can't even change the graphics on console, that's how much they care
We need help... this game is not playable on Ps4... please, give us a response at least.
I hope it's disabled by default otherwise the queue times will be awful for the people that choose to opt out.
I can't play legion at all when the frames are this bad, how do you manage it?
Warms my heart to come on see 14 new comments requesting an official response you guys are killing it!
Please help keep this thread up with us so we can try for that much needed answer!
🐷💖
100 page thread challenge!
;-;
Huh that's weird I usually have good frames with Legion unless I get an indoor map like lerys. I just reset app every 3 games or so and sometimes slap on reduced fog offerings. If I am already in a game with low frames I play safe AF with the 360s in frenzy.
Ive tested the majority of Legion skins and none of them have low frame issues like spirit. The only ones I haven't tested are the bunny skins.
I like this thread, and am pleased to comment on it!
But seriously the frames and latency have gotten sooooo bad on console with both of the last two patches.
They really need to address this
stay tuned for a very fun fun fun clip of Myers on Ormond from today... So, so enjoyable.
MMMMMMMMH.
Bump
oh yeah I forgot about the clip:
https://clips.twitch.tv/GrotesqueNeighborlyClipzTheTarFuinb4 "I don't see anything wrong, Ace is very smooth, that's a normal 360, ez baby killer go play fortnite"
Holy Fk. 7 pages. Not a single official response at least acknowledging the issue. Gotta hand it to them for not giving in. Bravo BHVR.
Also do you guys know if it's a bug that spirit sometimes makes sound phasing and sometimes not, without prayer beads on the same trial? PS4
Yeah i can usually deal with the subpar frames but recently its just so unacceptable.
So i will come to this post and complain every day/every other day.
Bump.
I want optimization for consoles more than any new chapter, new features, or balance changes. Please acknowledge this thread, BHVR.