BHVR, can we acknowledge fps on console is AWFUL since 4.1.0?
(for the original post look below)
UPDATE #2 (SEPTEMBER 1)
@MandyTalk posted this reply:
"If you don't keep this thread on topic, it will be closed.
When we have information we will post it."
So here's asking to all the new comers: please, don't spam and remain in-topic as much as possible. The new patch is almost here and it would be a shame to not have this topic ready to discuss if and what changed. Thank you guys!
UPDATE #1 (August 28)
Q: did BHVR acknowledge the consoles problem?
A: NO. The only thing that BHVR did in this topic was to say, and I quote from @PatBrutal, "Just so you know, we've shared the thread with the team and they're going to take a look at it."
The reply from Pat was on August 13th, and since then we haven't received any update on the matter. We currently don't know:
- if the Dev Team actually did read the post
- if they understand there is a frame rate problem
- if they are willing to work on the problem
- if they are able to work on the problem
- if the problem has any priority over other work
- if yes at all of the above: when the issues are expected to be resolved
Aside for the (non existent) public communications here on the forum, today there has been a tweet from the DbD official account that states as follow:
notice the post is not talking about any improvement over the current fps on console, just that they apparently acknowledge console need special care for the graphical update.
if BHVR should ever decide to give any new public statement on the matter, it will be posted as a new update.
-----------------
ORIGINAL POST (august 5)
There are plenty of feedback on the optimization sub board but I don't see any reply from BHVR, so, once again:
are you aware that fps on console (PS4, at least) degraded A LOT since 4.1.0 when playing as killer?
Here, I'll post you a video from today on Hawkins, it's basically a slide show every time a survivor is on screen.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/701472489(if it doesn't open: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/701472489)
as a comparison, here's the same map (different killer, but trust me, it's not the Oni the problem), but from one month ago
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/665197944(again: direct link is https://www.twitch.tv/videos/665197944)
The frame rate obviously is still far from optimal, but it's a great deal better than how it is now.
Can you, @Peanits , @Almo or whoever else at least say "yes, we know, expect a fix soon / buy a pc you filthy console peasant"?
EDIT: bonus video - Hillbilly on a very open (and not very elaborate, polygonally speaking?) map.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xvi3tYBSOAThe framerate is certainly better than on Hawkins, but as you can see every time there's a chase, maybe at T-L walls, everything goes south.

Comments
Anyway: new news
After telling to the support team that I did open a thread 10 days ago, they replied again. They assured me that they will personally "follow" the problem, that the devs are aware of it but that if the problem is so strong, they need to get on it.
All in all I really loved this new answer, much more committed than the previous one.
However, we're still lacking a real timeframe. And a public answer, to be honest :P.
With the next gen consoles nearing, where would you put more of your resources? Into the outgoing machines? This is the only thing that makes sense to me.
About a year and a half or so ago ever since a proper opiminazion was first brought up, it has been little fixed here and there instead. And the latest string of patches, most especially the latest one, have hurt performance so much.
I don't want to believe the thinking is "yeah about that.... well... but the 5 and X are out soon... so.............byeeee."
Guess I need persuasion to the contrary, and that the timing of everything hasn't moved this issue from side burner to back burner to into the freezer forgotten.
It's so strange though.
The devs HAVE to know how bad optimization is.
I simply don't believe that they are aware of this problem just recently.
Yea on switch optymization is not too bad but after the patch plaing as hag is ######### awful fps drops to 15
I just had a match against a ghost face everyone he would stalk :the frame rates would just go to hell and back...
Also gonna be putting this in bug report it's just really bad and unfair. (on both sides)
Yeah playing as GF and using shroud can sometimes make the game stutter a bit.
It seems worse for me with PH.
Before 4.1.0, I could play Doctor on indoor maps without many FPS problems. I didn't drop frames with him that much. When this patch rolled along, everything changed. Hawkins is my favorite Killer map in the game, and I now dread getting it, all because of how poorly optimized console is.
I wish they'd tell us something, even if it's just to say that they've switched focus to next-gen consoles. The chances of DBD being one of the few PS4 games that isn't backwards compatible for the PS5 are very, very low. I'm not sure about the Xbox Series X though.
bump
God, I hope we get this stupid aim dressing fixed, it makes certain killers unplayable.
Legion is especially difficult to play with the game in this state. Miss your hit during Frenzy because of frame rate? Enjoy your lost chase, and long cool down!
I really don't know why this mechanic is still here.
They even said that aim dressing can take hits from you.
Hag Is extremely difficult to play, because when I go for an instant teleport hit, I hit a stupid wall instead because of aim dressing.
What's up my fellow console players.
I see the devs haven't answered us yet, what a joke.
Let's keep strong, the worse it can happen is for some streamer to get notice of this thread, and then call the devs out on this issue.
@Peanits @not_Queen @Almo
Any response please - this is really painful atm.
Back to the front page my boy
Back to the front page my boy Pt.2
DBD IS EXTREMELY UNPLAYABLE ON BASE PS4!!!!
I've noticed major frame drops when playing killer on Xbox
beep boop
Just a info to the thread aficionados, I'm Edys, I just changed my nickname to my "original" Nobsyde, KEEP CALM AND SAVE THE FRAME RATE!
beep boop
I will be happy if the devs respond and say optimization is no longer going to happen on consoles... At least we get an answer.
I saw on discord that @Peanits actually is on vacation as I was suspecting, so... I guess the wait will continue for a bit.
Hello, it's me
I was wondering if after all these years you'd like to give us a response
To go over our console issues
They say that optimisation supposed to fix it
But I you haven't done much to fix it at all
Hello, can you hear me?
I'm in England dreaming about more than 5fps
When we were able not to stutter and freeze
🐷💖 Bump
I'm not bumping.
Glad to hear it! :)
@Almo did reply on a topic today, but not ours!
(he's talking about discordance)
Now they are avoiding us on purpose :,(
Well,maybe it's because he/she doesn't have any info about optimization?
sure, but it's still noteworthy: I think it was almost 2 weeks since he last posted on the forum, so before that, we stood no chance to get a reply - you know, August is a month where often people go on vacation 👍
I will bring this thread to the attention of some ps4 streamers I know hopefully get more people posting but saying that I'm sure xbox is just as bad so please guys hit up your streamers.
I know McLean streams I could try to go there I really don't want to but its getting to a point of just doing what ever I can to get a response for us guys.
🐷💖 Untill then fall guys weeee lol
I'm sure majority of PS4 streamers know how awful it is. Showstopper, Crazyredboy, SuperAlf etc all know about it I think.
Looking back through some of showstoppers Vods bring up another interesting point. Some skins (mainly on killer) can drop the frames by a landslide. I'm not going to name exactly which skins as I don't know if that's classed as an exploit, but majority of them are on spirit.
usually the big drop is from the killer perspective, at least that's what I found - but then again, I play mostly killer, so I dunno.
Ive had experiences on high frame maps with my first game on so my frames should of been fresh, and a spirit comes along with certain skins and my frames drop.
Maybe it could be me getting really unlucky or it could be a coincidence, but idk, I doubt that. It happens too consistently.
Yeah I enjoy watching crazy red boy he's such a cool dude just hoping he would cool enough to maybe bring up this forum post and suggest people come comment.
Just trying to keeping the thread alive and up so it's noticeable I guess show we ain't stopping till we get some kinda answer.
We just need more body's in here keeping it going.
Every console killer player would appreciate an update on this
🎶Console console console can’t you see, I just want some optimization for D B D🎶
Happened today: on Lery's, hit bl1 as I swing my Piggy blade at a window-vaulting Feng, their Lithe also kicks in, my blade animation actually freezes mid swipe! Even the chase music skipped, and all I hit is window. Wish I was streaming it, something to see.
The Xbox 1x simply cannot handle this game when multiple status effects all proct at the same time. Indoor maps make it even worse. Back to the Long Dark for now...
I was playing killer/survivor 50:50 mostly. Since the open matchmaking started (oops I mean, MMR), I just play survivor now.
Killer is awful to play on on console, even on a PS4 Pro. On average, there’s at least 3-5 significant frame drops per game (no, I didn’t get spun and hit a wall on purpose...you were literally in front of me, fps dropped, now I’m hugging a wall and you’re a half mile away).
I’m usually pretty chill with survivors when I play anyways, but that doesn’t mean I love playing through awful frame drops (happens on survivor too to be fair; I’ll be running a loop, frames drop briefly, I unknowingly try to overcompensate by moving camera more and then I have no idea where I was trying to path towards to begin with)
Honestly, the videos look beautiful compared to xbox
Commenting simply so that this post stays at the top of the forums and gets noticed by a dev @Almo @Peanits
Comment bump #FPS #Consoles #Sad
Fix the game on console please Behaviour!!
What's the deal with your game really? Since ps4 can run horizon zero dawn smoothly... And we are talking about an open world game!!
Some transparency would be good from you.. It's not fair that we buy your product and get no clue of what is going on...
Yeah makes it very hard to want to play with the recent crappy frames
Just played a match on Midwich as survivor. (PS4) Holy balls was the frame rate bad. Even just walking around it was juddering and stilted. Pan the camera? HOO-BOY, the game didn't like that. Skill checks were stuttering all over the place.
Please tell us you guys are working on this!
I wonder how well survivors would actually do if the frames got fixed.
I know there are some really good players out there, but I'm pretty sure some players wouldn't be so "godlike" were the frames fixed and auto aim removed.
Christ, I hate auto aim
oh I'm very curious as well.
The vast majority of good survivors on console rely almost exclusively on 360s and similar juking, with only a minor attention to pathing and looping.
Remove the teleporting survivors from the game, make the 360 more counterable → survivors need to learn how to actually play :P
It's similar to how survivors counter Nurse on console - just stereotyped movements, which are very easy to counter/predict with a mouse, extremely difficult to do that on a controller (...with low frame rate...).
In a few days, with cross play enabled, there will be tears.
A 360 that take 2-3 frames to do by a survivor is invisible when this game runs at a super smooth 5 FPS at times. Survivors are in for a treat when killers are running at 60fps and can visually track 360 on console.
I started on PS4 but when I moved to Japan I started playing on a switch. Nintendo firmware updates have done more for dbd performance that anything bhvr has done. The skill check meter would jump a month or two back unless I was unable to see the gen. Now I can actually look out for killers and not need spin chill.
Not losing a ton of frames every time bloodlust kicks in would be pretty great. PS4 player
well, 4.1.2 is installing, I can't wait to see how much has (not) changed, frame rate wise!
if anybody wants to share your console pain with me I'll be on twitch in ≈10 minutes
Due to the framedrops / freezes I kinda don't feel like playing today but just out of curiousity did the hotfix change anything in this regard?