BHVR, can we acknowledge fps on console is AWFUL since 4.1.0?
(for the original post look below)
UPDATE #2 (SEPTEMBER 1)
@MandyTalk posted this reply:
"If you don't keep this thread on topic, it will be closed.
When we have information we will post it."
So here's asking to all the new comers: please, don't spam and remain in-topic as much as possible. The new patch is almost here and it would be a shame to not have this topic ready to discuss if and what changed. Thank you guys!
UPDATE #1 (August 28)
Q: did BHVR acknowledge the consoles problem?
A: NO. The only thing that BHVR did in this topic was to say, and I quote from @PatBrutal, "Just so you know, we've shared the thread with the team and they're going to take a look at it."
The reply from Pat was on August 13th, and since then we haven't received any update on the matter. We currently don't know:
- if the Dev Team actually did read the post
- if they understand there is a frame rate problem
- if they are willing to work on the problem
- if they are able to work on the problem
- if the problem has any priority over other work
- if yes at all of the above: when the issues are expected to be resolved
Aside for the (non existent) public communications here on the forum, today there has been a tweet from the DbD official account that states as follow:
notice the post is not talking about any improvement over the current fps on console, just that they apparently acknowledge console need special care for the graphical update.
if BHVR should ever decide to give any new public statement on the matter, it will be posted as a new update.
-----------------
ORIGINAL POST (august 5)
There are plenty of feedback on the optimization sub board but I don't see any reply from BHVR, so, once again:
are you aware that fps on console (PS4, at least) degraded A LOT since 4.1.0 when playing as killer?
Here, I'll post you a video from today on Hawkins, it's basically a slide show every time a survivor is on screen.
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/701472489(if it doesn't open: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/701472489)
as a comparison, here's the same map (different killer, but trust me, it's not the Oni the problem), but from one month ago
https://www.twitch.tv/videos/665197944(again: direct link is https://www.twitch.tv/videos/665197944)
The frame rate obviously is still far from optimal, but it's a great deal better than how it is now.
Can you, @Peanits , @Almo or whoever else at least say "yes, we know, expect a fix soon / buy a pc you filthy console peasant"?
EDIT: bonus video - Hillbilly on a very open (and not very elaborate, polygonally speaking?) map.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xvi3tYBSOAThe framerate is certainly better than on Hawkins, but as you can see every time there's a chase, maybe at T-L walls, everything goes south.

Comments
nah, game got better even for survivors, and survivors were never the server in the first place.
Again, I don't see the point in trying and rewrite history, it doesn't matter: what matters is that now performance dropped from one patch to the next, and this needs to be reverted. We can go back and talk about optimisation after at least we get a fix for the current situation.
EDIT: the reason why I don't want to stay here and talk about speculative stuff or rewriting history is because Devs have a habit to respond to only what they know they can easily fact check (for example, instead of addressing the Elementary School Map bad design, they decided to answer a guy who misquoted one of their leaders) - don't give them a hand to juke the main topic ;).
Very simply put: If you have to wait for the killer's response (who is hosting the game), then this will also lead to problems on the survivors' side.
that's not true, but again, I don't want to debate this, you are off topic, here we talk only about how 4.1.0 destroyed the performance compared to 4.0.0.
If you deal with arguments by just saying "that's not true" instead of taking the chance to broaden your horizon, then I guess that's your thing. ๐คทโโ๏ธ You were the one who started this discussion between us.
Let's leave it at this.
@NoShinyPony There's no argument to make because you are off topic. If you really really really want to discuss, I can give you my discord id and we'll talk there. Ok?
so:
Let's leave it at this.
good ;)
Bump. Show us you care about your console player base, devs.
As someone with a low-end-ish PC, some optimisation in general would be greatly appreciated.
Gotta keep this going
Just made this account to say how awful FPS is on switch after the latest patch when playing as killer.
I was just curious to see where @Peanits is, and his last post on this forum is from the 31st of July - 7 days ago.
I guess he's on vacation, so we shall wait...
It's definitely not a good time on ps4 right now. ๐
I wonder if this is BHVR's reaction to this post.
"Does FPS suck on consoles? Yes it does. Are we going to do anything about it, no"
lol
Tbh I would gladly get this kind of answer instead of no answer at all.
What I think is that the upcoming graphical update is tailored with PS5 in mind - it will still work on PS4, but with awful frame rate, and that's why they are not that aware and/or caring about the current PS4 performance.
The same goes for xbox, while for Switch... whatever, maybe they didn't sell enough there, and they are ok to have the community die there?
That's just speculation of course, but honestly, who can think that this:
or this
can give us decent frame rate, when currently we struggle so much with this:
?
If the frame rate is bad now imagine how much worse it will be with the graphical upgrade ughhh.
Still no comment from a Mod..Am I missing something?
The only real way we have with dealing with it, is restarting the application to reset frames.
Even after that, you could just end up Hospital or Hawkins right after. I don't want to keep restarting the game just to keep the frames smooth, it should already be smooth by now for how far we are.
little update:
I saw that @Gay Myers (Luzi) is giving updates on certain topics in regards of MMR not working as intended (surprised pikachu!).
Maybe the next topic they will answer will be the console current status? Here's hoping...
Beep Boop Meow, optimization needed
Hag main on PS4. I would like to be able to see when I teleport again.
I havent noticed it being any worse than normal, but at normal it can get pretty bad at times
I really hope we get an official announcement soon with regards to console optimization.
Keep buying cosmetics, it will always be the devs silent answer that you don't care about essential fixes and improvements.
Bumpy bump, alive this shall be
We also never got the promised PS4 Pro and Xbox One X enhancement patch mentioned in 2018. And still no word on next-gen updates. I hope it's something they announce soon. It would be a great surprise if they intend to improve the game across all platforms to coincide with the PS5 and Xbox Series X launches in Nov 2020.
Keep bumping until devs respond.
no response yet?
Tumbleweeds make more sound than the deafening silence of the devs on this topic. Bump
I would like to politely ask to a response for us console players please..
๐ท๐๐๐ค๐
Sure not having an answer after 3 days is bad, but not as bad as not having one after 10 days!
Still no response, probably never get one at this rate...
Dead By Framedrops
Optimisation is not an escape.
Keeping the dream of an response alive ๐ท๐
Lets keep this on the front page!
Once upon a time, there was a killer who chasing a survivor and as they went for the swing, all of a sudden, bloodlust activated and the frames were annihilated! As a result, the chase was extended and pressure was lost.
Tis the tragic tale of a console player
Hey guys, be careful with bumping threads apparently itโs against forum rules:
Just looking out for my fellow console players ๐
that's true, but rules are there to avoid spam and bumping very old threads or threads that serve no purpose - I'm sure no mod will ban anyone if this thread gets bumped here and there, especially considering there's a lot of interest around this topic.
I mean, the whole console community is affected by this.
This being said, I have a news:
when I opened this thread I also sent a ticket to the dbd support. Today I received an answer (from a human, don't worry :P). It's still very vague and it could mean anything, but I will copy the relevant part:
"The team has been made aware of this issue and they're currently working on a fix for it. We hope to have it resolved in an upcoming patch"
Now, what I get from this answer is that devs have been made aware (meaning that they weren't?) and that they don't know if and when this will be fixed ("hope" โ don't know if || "an upcoming patch" โ don't know when). Then they added that I should have posted on the optimisation board, which is funny since I did 10 days ago :P, but whatever.
I just tried to post everyone I know devs mods to get something and it locks me from posting or tagging them... I get spam is not cool but clearly this demands a response please thank you
@MandyTalk
I think Devs and especially Mods already have read this topic, the only reason why they are not replying is because they don't have an answer yet, so tagging them won't really be helpful imho.
I'm optimistic that by monday someone will acknowledge the problem though.
I know man but at this point even if they can't do anything to help us console player's I'd take that response I'm such a respectful person this is the first time I've tried to @ every mod I know or dev for a response.
That's why I choose many she's cool enough to give us at least a nod or something ๐ท๐
At least give us console people the truth you can't do anything say so honestly truth is better than silence
๐ท๐
Ah okay. Was just making sure.
In other news, Iโm glad this has some type of progression! Thanks for starting this thread up btw ๐
If anything it's me that is thankful to you all guys, for being extremely respectful in this thread despite the obvious frustration we all are suffering.
Our job as consumers and players is to be persistent, but without becoming disrespectful towards people which, after all, are trying to do their work the best they can.
...considering how a lot of other topics become, I consider myself very lucky that you guys are behaving as you are :)
I personally would love to keep this respectful we just want a answer at this point.. Regards to a response we just would kindly request one ๐ท
There is absolutely no progression.
The devs know about the state of console since years but seem to do absolutely nothing to fix it for whatever reason.
They don't even communicate with us about this issue.
The last thing we heard was that they try to optimize a little bit every patch and that they aim for 60 FPS...
@Edys said that he/she (donโt like to assume oneโs gender ๐) got some acknowledgment from the team. Thatโs the progression Iโm addressing.
edit: typo.
Jesus Devs.
Throw us a bone.
At least acknowledge that the frames are terrible on consoles and that you plan/or not to fix the issue.
It's really shameful and disrespectful to literally just ignore the thread.
Exactly this. They promised much, they did effectively nothing and it gets even worse and worse.
I'm the one in the videos, definitely "he" :P
and yes, the answer is from the official dbd support team - I won't say their name because I don't want to put them on a strange spot (they are not community managers after all) though.
Ah okay. Lol ๐
Like i said.
The devs know about the state of (console) optimization.
The response from the support team says absolutely nothing and just feels like some kind of automated message.
We are still at zero,unfortunately.