Dude standing still is so funny

Im just learning spirit, and damn it is so ######### funny, even tho it just require 1 brain cell.

I feel bad for those survivors lol. is there any good builds for spirit? I dont like standing still, that's so dirty and braindead lol

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • fun and engaging gameplay right there

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    fun and engaging gameplay right there

    it is a MinDgAmEs gIt gUD1!1! - spirit main

  • Hey do you not understand all the mind games you have to do?! Stupid noob! Everyone says she requires no skill, like shut up man dont you realize that stridor exists and she can know where you are at all times like how is that not a mind game.

  • Let's nerf billy btw

  • I stood still only once, and yes, that's accurate.

    Just stood still behind a dropped Pallet during a chase.

    Got the hit in as well.

    I knew after that one time that this was an incredibly boring way to play.

    I felt like i was camping, and that's not my style.


    Still like that female Wraith though, 2nd favorite Killer.

  • @Komodo16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459434#Comment_1459434

    Hey do you not understand all the mind games you have to do?! Stupid noob! Everyone says she requires no skill, like shut up man dont you realize that stridor exists and she can know where you are at all times like how is that not a mind game.

    lmao git gud survivor main1!!!

    @Angelicus23 said:

    Let's nerf billy btw

    Lol yeah, billy only needed addons changes and a minor basekit change and that's all, but why the hell did they kill billy instead of freddy?

  • @Boss said:

    I stood still only once, and yes, that's accurate.

    Just stood still behind a dropped Pallet during a chase.

    Got the hit in as well.

    I knew after that one time that this was an incredibly boring to play as.

    I felt like i was camping, and that's not my style.

    Still like that female Wraith though, 2nd favorite Killer.

    Exactly what I feel like, it is just boring and I feel that has no counterplay, I try to play as fair as possible when im using spirit

  • Nobody is forcing a spirit to do the easy mindgame.

    Survivors are the ones sprinting into her arms. Everybody knows of this method, yet theyre yeeting themselves into her.

  • @Raptorrotas said:

    Nobody is forcing a spirit to do the easy mindgame.

    Survivors are the ones sprinting into her arms.

    Im just saying it is funny that's all.

    And no, im rn a spirit main and standing still isn't a "mindgame" it's just a guessing game, how do you exactly know if she's phasing or not?

  • @Khakuate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459465#Comment_1459465

    lmao git gud survivor main1!!!

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459505#Comment_1459505

    Lol yeah, billy only needed addons changes and a minor basekit change and that's all, but why the hell did they kill billy instead of freddy?

    Hey i am gud that's why I know spirit is great kekw

  • I too play Spirit, and standing still works more often than it should. But then I switch to survivor and go against a Spirit that tries that and fails miserbly, because killer footsteps are so insanely loud you can hear them through chasemusic.

    The counterplay to Spirit is a good headset.

  • I don’t understand how survivors still fall for the stand still “MiNdGaMe”.

    It’s funny because it shouldn’t work as much as it should. These are the same survivors who complain about Spirit.

  • @ABannedCat said:

    I too play Spirit, and standing still works more often than it should. But then I switch to survivor and go against a Spirit that tries that and fails miserbly, because killer footsteps are so insanely loud you can hear them through chasemusic.

    The counterplay to Spirit is a good headset.

    Well, I dont use head sets and I still do fine as killer, my head sets are pretty sh!t

    I dont know why devs force us to buy head sets ;-;

  • If you’re a survivor that thinks the response to a Spirit standing still is to run at her... you deserve to go down. It’s such a pathetically easy “mind game” to avoid falling for and yet boosted survivors still fall for it, lol.

  • My favourite is dumb spirits that can't even do that properly and keep turning to look at you while standing still.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    fun and engaging gameplay right there

    Its fun for the killer.

    Its easy to tell as a survivor since she "sparkles" (not sure if that one skin is still bugged, I don't play Spirirt often)

    If I don't see sparkle I often stand still too and have a staring contest.

    If I do see sparkle then the mindgames begin.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1460889#Comment_1460889

    Well it's 100% a guess tbf and there's not really a "right" play for survivors. You can either not move, stay in the loop but move (either by vaulting towards her or by running around the sides a bit), or leave the loop. If you commit to the first option, she'll realize that, start phasing, and go smack you. If you commit to the third one, she'll start phasing and hit you before you get to the next pallet. If you commit to the second, you're still extremely vulnerable to phasing because she can still hear you and knows just about exactly where you are to start. You're also vulnerable to grabs if you vault and she is mind gaming.

    That's why it works. Survivors have to 100% guess what Spirit is doing and whether they take a hit is mostly up to the Spirit. Guess wrong, you're getting hit or grabbed. Guess right, you're probably still getting hit, but you at least have a shot at getting away. With that said, Spirit is definitely vulnerable to perks like Iron Will, Diversion, and Quick and Quiet, and you at least have that chance of making a play and getting away. She still needs a nerf, though.

    Yeah but why vault back into the Spirit’s face. You do the same exact thing that would do with a Pig trying to ambush you at a loop, run away from the walk or in Spirit’s case walk away if you are not injured or if you have Iron Will.

    I also hate to be THAT person but if you are standing close enough to her and she is on the other side of the pallet and you see her start to sparkle then she is phasing. You can also listen for her footsteps if you have food enough headphones.

    You could do anything and it would work better than vaulting back into her face. Don’t ever vault back into the Spirit. Ever. Unless you know for a 100% fact that she is phasing behind you by listening to her footsteps.

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459428#Comment_1459428

    Its fun for the killer.

    Its easy to tell as a survivor since she "sparkles" (not sure if that one skin is still bugged, I don't play Spirirt often)

    If I don't see sparkle I often stand still too and have a staring contest.

    If I do see sparkle then the mindgames begin.

    She doesn't sparkle

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOHy-NA2qaY


  • @Faszparaszt said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1460851#Comment_1460851

    Sounds like Pay 2 Win to me. Funny how the devs said how much they don’t want the game to br one of these.

    Exactly lol

  • The standing still "MIndgAme" has no counterplay and really needs to go.

  • Who is still falling for this?

  • Here's the funnier part, I as the survivor just stand still as well and let you mind game yourself. Easy.

    This "Spirit takes no skill and has no counter play" nonsense really needs to go.

  • @Khakuate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1460816#Comment_1460816

    Im just saying it is funny that's all.

    And no, im rn a spirit main and standing still isn't a "mindgame" it's just a guessing game, how do you exactly know if she's phasing or not?

    just blind her if you have a flashlight if you can she isn’t phasing.

  • @BaschFonRonsenburg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1460822#Comment_1460822

    just blind her if you have a flashlight if you can she isn’t phasing.

    The spirit can just look down though

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459428#Comment_1459428

    Its fun for the killer.

    Its easy to tell as a survivor since she "sparkles" (not sure if that one skin is still bugged, I don't play Spirirt often)

    If I don't see sparkle I often stand still too and have a staring contest.

    If I do see sparkle then the mindgames begin.

    “Easy to tell” you must have eagle vision because this only works on default cosmetic spirit and you have to be like 5 feet away from her max

  • @Blueberry said:

    Here's the funnier part, I as the survivor just stand still as well and let you mind game yourself. Easy.

    This "Spirit takes no skill and has no counter play" nonsense really needs to go.

    she has counter play, but she doesn't take skill.


  • @CWill22 said:

    The standing still "MIndgAme" has no counterplay and really needs to go.

    But it even says in the loading screen stand still to trick survivor so yea😒

  • @FogofWar23 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1461170#Comment_1461170

    But it even says in the loading screen stand still to trick survivor so yea😒

    Doesn't mean it is fine

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1459428#Comment_1459428

    Its fun for the killer.

    Its easy to tell as a survivor since she "sparkles" (not sure if that one skin is still bugged, I don't play Spirirt often)

    If I don't see sparkle I often stand still too and have a staring contest.

    If I do see sparkle then the mindgames begin.

    You realize the “sparkle” point has been debunked and has been reduced to a joke when people talk about spirit now, right?

    standing still and hoping the survivor guesses wrong is hardly “fun” when you aren’t doing anything other than tossing a coin

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1460977#Comment_1460977

    You realize the “sparkle” point has been debunked and has been reduced to a joke when people talk about spirit now, right?

    standing still and hoping the survivor guesses wrong is hardly “fun” when you aren’t doing anything other than tossing a coin

    but hey spirit is perfectly fine!! lets nerf billy instead -bhvr

    She really needs to be fixed asap

  • "Will X do Y when I do Z? "

    Boom mindgame. Doesnt matter if you dont like it

  • @Nurgling7 said:

    Who the ######### is still falling for a Spirit standing still in 2020?

    KEKW

    sadly we still dont have a indicator if she's phasing or not, so it is understable.

    but hey instead of gutting spirit they nerf billy lol

  • She's literally in the top 10% of skill requiring killers. 90% of the killer roster only requires basic understanding of loops and map pressure to do well.

  • bUt sPiReH iS hArD, u hAvE tO lIsTeN tO sOuNd!!!!

  • If the survivors are dumb enough to put themselves into that situation, why not capitalise on it?

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1461261#Comment_1461261

    She's literally in the top 10% of skill requiring killers. 90% of the killer roster only requires basic understanding of loops and map pressure to do well.

    dude be honest pls, she only requires a good pair of headphones.

    Im literally a baby spirit and im getting 4k against 2k+ hours SWF teams

  • @Khakuate believe it or not, maybe I was sleepy, dunno, but the first time I read the title, I thought it was going to be about some dude who was standing still and he looked funny 🤣Maybe because of the absence of the comma after "dude" 😅

  • @madamretto said:

    @Khakuate believe it or not, maybe I was sleepy, dunno, but the first time I read the title, I thought it was going to be about some dude who was standing still and he looked funny 🤣Maybe because of the absence of the comma after "dude" 😅

    kekw, sorry english isn't my native language lmao.

    @MusicNerd_TC said:

    bUt sPiReH iS hArD, u hAvE tO lIsTeN tO sOuNd!!!!

    JuSt GuEsS WheRe ShE iS 4hEaD!1!!! *braindead spirit sounds*

  • @Khakuate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1461348#Comment_1461348

    dude be honest pls, she only requires a good pair of headphones.

    Im literally a baby spirit and im getting 4k against 2k+ hours SWF teams

    I think you're vastly over exaggerating. Any decent 2k hour survivors are not playing that badly.

    You seriously think a killer that a long with basic map pressure/loop knowledge that all other killers have but also makes you track through sounds and scratch marks solely requires less skill? You can't be serious. This is at rank 1?

    What killers are you putting as harder than her? List them. Nurse, Deathslinger, Huntress sure, what else?

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1461354#Comment_1461354

    I think you're vastly over exaggerating. Any decent 2k hour survivors are not playing that badly.

    You seriously think a killer that a long with basic map pressure/loop knowledge that all other killers have but also makes you track through sounds and scratch marks solely requires less skill? You can't be serious. This is at rank 1?

    What killers are you putting as harder than her? List them. Nurse, Deathslinger, Huntress sure, what else?

    To be honest, I'd imagine that only a handful of people on this forum can play Spirit to a level that most 'good' players would consider 'threatening.'

    From the get-go, this topic was disingenuous and histrionic.

    At least it gives us another healthy helping of the same people saying the same things over and over.

    2/10

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1461354#Comment_1461354

    I think you're vastly over exaggerating. Any decent 2k hour survivors are not playing that badly.

    You seriously think a killer that a long with basic map pressure/loop knowledge that all other killers have but also makes you track through sounds and scratch marks solely requires less skill? You can't be serious. This is at rank 1?

    What killers are you putting as harder than her? List them. Nurse, Deathslinger, Huntress sure, what else?

    Dude, you can check my YT channel if you want, LordKimber.

    I play spirit and it is most of the time a win without any effort required, I just have a good pair of headphones and that's all you need, just use a slowdown build, and say welcome to the ez 4k, Im not trying to get spirit nerfed im just being honest, and yup im red ranks on both sides.

    Btw deathslinger isn't that hard, maybe on console but rn im playing on PC and doing the quick scope isn't that skillful.

    Huntress? maybe, but most of the time they get carried by their awesome connection and wonderful hitboxes.

  • @Khakuate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1461533#Comment_1461533

    Dude, you can check my YT channel if you want, LordKimber.

    I play spirit and it is most of the time a win without any effort required, I just have a good pair of headphones and that's all you need, just use a slowdown build, and say welcome to the ez 4k, Im not trying to get spirit nerfed im just being honest, and yup im red ranks on both sides.

    Btw deathslinger isn't that hard, maybe on console but rn im playing on PC and doing the quick scope isn't that skillful.

    Huntress? maybe, but most of the time they get carried by their awesome connection and wonderful hitboxes.

    Never said Deathslinger was hard. The point is that those killers are higher skill cap killers than most of the roster. You still haven't listed what killers all require more skill than Spirit in your opinion since you think Spirit is so easy. 90% of the roster are basic M1 killers that have very low skill caps comparably.

  • Slap on Stridor (my dirty spirit base), A Nurse's Calling (you have small terror radius, ez wallhacks), Monitor & Abuse ( for maximum terror radius abuse ( ° ͜ʖ °) ) and POP (some slowdown never hurt).

  • @28_stabs said:

    Slap on Stridor (my dirty spirit base), A Nurse's Calling (you have small terror radius, ez wallhacks), Monitor & Abuse ( for maximum terror radius abuse ( ° ͜ʖ °) ) and POP (some slowdown never hurt).

    that's a really dirTy build ( ° ͜ʖ °)

  • I feel like you're a survivor player who just posts it like this to reduce the backlash you gonna get.

    You didnt play Spirit, you didn't try that and you don't want a build for her.

    You're just trying to find people who agree with you (which is going to be everyone including me)

  • @Khakuate said:

    Im just learning spirit, and damn it is so ######### funny, even tho it just require 1 brain cell.

    I feel bad for those survivors lol. is there any good builds for spirit? I dont like standing still, that's so dirty and braindead lol

    the build to use is sloppy butcher, pop goes the weasel, surge, and thrilling tremors.

  • @Nick said:

    I feel like you're a survivor player who just posts it like this to reduce the backlash you gonna get.

    You didnt play Spirit, you didn't try that and you don't want a build for her.

    You're just trying to find people who agree with you (which is going to be everyone including me)

    You can think whatever you want, is not my problem.

    I already provided enough proof that I play both sides and im on rank 1, even I linked my youtube channel.

  • @Nick said:

    I feel like you're a survivor player who just posts it like this to reduce the backlash you gonna get.

    You didnt play Spirit, you didn't try that and you don't want a build for her.

    You're just trying to find people who agree with you (which is going to be everyone including me)

    What you said must proves how badly this forum is killer sided, pretending to main killer to reduce backlash. If you show any love or ask for any survivor qol you get attacked by killer mains and get a long lecture about how killers need more buffs which some do but that's besides the point.

  • @azame said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1461737#Comment_1461737

    What you said must proves how badly this forum is killer sided, pretending to main killer to reduce backlash. If you show any love or ask for any survivor qol you get attacked by killer mains and get a long lecture about how killers need more buffs which some do but that's besides the point.

    You pretty much nailed it!

    And tbh steam, reddit and official forums are pretty much dominated by killer mains... At least survivors have youtube and twitch? lol

  • @Khakuate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1461805#Comment_1461805

    You pretty much nailed it!

    And tbh steam, reddit and official forums are pretty much dominated by killer mains... At least survivors have youtube and twitch? lol

    Yeah I think the survivor hate stems from how op they were back in the day so now any problems survivors have are ignored.

‹ 1 2