I'm tired of slugging for the 4k

Seriously, it adds 5-7 minutes to games sometimes. We killers hate having to slug at the end of every game just to get a 4k. Sometimes we just have to let the last survivor go because we don't want to slug and waste a bunch of our time. And yes, not slugging for the 4k is pretty much the same as letting someone go. Why? Because hatch. Hatch is the originator of many of this game's problems. If you took it out, those problems would simply disappear, as well as a lot of survivor entitlement. We need a better endgame mechanic, because hatch feels like something that was thought up on the spot and then shoved into the game, making it extremely unfun and random feeling. Essentially, the first 3 kills are all skill, but the last one is an RNG minigame. Maybe the killer gets to hatch in time, maybe survivor does, maybe the gates are so far apart after closing hatch that the survivor gets out anyway. Why does closing the hatch power the exit gates again? Hatch is easily the dumbest thing in this entire game, and you can't address slugging and "taking the game hostage" until you remove it.

Comments

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443453#Comment_1443453

    Nice try. You made the argument, so the burden is on you to make the case for it.

    It seems he's asking for a reason on your opinion. Nothing to complicated. It seems you made a point saying he's wrong and now he has to say something to prove otherwise. Gotta love these discussions.

  • @PodgeNotRodge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443457#Comment_1443457

    It seems he's asking for a reason on your opinion. Nothing to complicated. It seems you made a point saying he's wrong and now he has to say something to prove otherwise. Gotta love these discussions.

    I said he didn't present any reasoning because he didn't (and still hasn't). I then asked him to provide actual reasoning. Still waiting for his reasoning, so I can actually respond to something other than his opinion.

  • Ive said it before and ill say it again. The reason the hatch is hated is not because "the killer lost" its because the killer loses because of a game mechanic and not because someone outplayed them.

    Lets say you got the best game imaginable, survs couldnt even get 1 gen done, got 3 ppl, 2 dead, anf two on last hook, you down and hook one of them, then the game abruptly ends, one of the survs found the hatch and stood on it while you killed the otherone. You get "GG EZ NUB KILLER" from the hatch escapee.


    Lets flip this too, killer had a terrible game, couldnt hook anyone, all gens are done and 4 survs tbagging at the gate about to walk out. Suddenly as 3 of them leave the fourth one is blocked like bloodwarden and exposed, he tries to leave to the other exit gate and its still closed. The killer hits him, downs hooks and walks away. See why thats bs now? Extreme examples? A little but it would be the killer equivalent of the hatch.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Seriously, it adds 5-7 minutes to games sometimes. We killers hate having to slug at the end of every game just to get a 4k. Sometimes we just have to let the last survivor go because we don't want to slug and waste a bunch of our time. And yes, not slugging for the 4k is pretty much the same as letting someone go. Why? Because hatch. Hatch is the originator of many of this game's problems. If you took it out, those problems would simply disappear, as well as a lot of survivor entitlement. We need a better endgame mechanic, because hatch feels like something that was thought up on the spot and then shoved into the game, making it extremely unfun and random feeling. Essentially, the first 3 kills are all skill, but the last one is an RNG minigame. Maybe the killer gets to hatch in time, maybe survivor does, maybe the gates are so far apart after closing hatch that the survivor gets out anyway. Why does closing the hatch power the exit gates again? Hatch is easily the dumbest thing in this entire game, and you can't address slugging and "taking the game hostage" until you remove it.

    Why do you care so much about seeing 4k? Makes no difference to me personally. If i find hatch first great, if not oh well. I already won the game at that point and probably have a crap ton of bps. Its such a small thing idk why people care.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443424#Comment_1443424

    Who cant handle a defeat? I think you’re talking about the topic creator.

    I play killer and I dont slug for the 4k because its boring as hell and the game is already won. The hatch is killer sided anyway but it doesnt bruise my ego if someone escapes

    This ^

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443414#Comment_1443414

    Its a PVP game, if you cant handle a defeat, dont play.

    Its not toxic to slug as long as you dont do it just to waste the others time.

    Theres nothing wrong with trying to kill everyone.

    Its true that theres nothing wrong with it, but thats the choice you make. You cant make that choice and then complain about the choice you madd. Its your choice. The hatch exists for a reason, and a good one, so thats not going any where

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443424#Comment_1443424

    Its true that theres nothing wrong with it, but thats the choice you make. You cant make that choice and then complain about the choice you madd. Its your choice. The hatch exists for a reason, and a good one, so thats not going any where

    But i didnt complained about the hatch?


    It can be annoying but i know why it exists and i am fine with it.

  • With a 3k you're not guranteed a pip.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443791#Comment_1443791

    But i didnt complained about the hatch?

    It can be annoying but i know why it exists and i am fine with it.

    I was referencing the op when i said that. Hes slugging because he wants to kill everyone and tgen complaining that he has to do that.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443338#Comment_1443338

    Just because the devs once said the ratio should be 2k/2e, it doesnt mean it is balanced that way at the moment. Also even if it would, why should it be bad to still want to try to kilk everyone? You are not entitled to escape.

    You cant just say ,,Uhh then kill 4 guys but you should accept that the game isnt balanced that way"

    If you say that, i could say you should accept that me and many others still want to kill everyone and not everyone cares for the pips or Bloodpoints.

    I play DbD because its PVP element, thats why i want to kill everyone.

    When you say "You are not entitled to escape", that also means you are also not entitled to 4ks. When you are calling out one sides entitlement, it makes you look entitled-as-f*ck.

    2k/2e is the developers goal for the game, it hasn't changed.

  • The only times I slug for the 4k is if the fourth person is already within eyesight when I down the third person.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443382#Comment_1443382

    When you say "You are not entitled to escape", that also means you are also not entitled to 4ks. When you are calling out one sides entitlement, it makes you look entitled-as-f*ck.

    2k/2e is the developers goal for the game, it hasn't changed.

    I dont care about 4k, but I will say, when I kill 2 and two escape, it doesnt feel like a win at all.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Seriously, it adds 5-7 minutes to games sometimes. We killers hate having to slug at the end of every game just to get a 4k. Sometimes we just have to let the last survivor go because we don't want to slug and waste a bunch of our time. And yes, not slugging for the 4k is pretty much the same as letting someone go. Why? Because hatch. Hatch is the originator of many of this game's problems. If you took it out, those problems would simply disappear, as well as a lot of survivor entitlement. We need a better endgame mechanic, because hatch feels like something that was thought up on the spot and then shoved into the game, making it extremely unfun and random feeling. Essentially, the first 3 kills are all skill, but the last one is an RNG minigame. Maybe the killer gets to hatch in time, maybe survivor does, maybe the gates are so far apart after closing hatch that the survivor gets out anyway. Why does closing the hatch power the exit gates again? Hatch is easily the dumbest thing in this entire game, and you can't address slugging and "taking the game hostage" until you remove it.

    Just dont slug. No need for 4k all the time. That time you are using for slug and search you should be using in the next match for much more fun.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443382#Comment_1443382

    When you say "You are not entitled to escape", that also means you are also not entitled to 4ks. When you are calling out one sides entitlement, it makes you look entitled-as-f*ck.

    2k/2e is the developers goal for the game, it hasn't changed.

    But that doesnt its bad to try get 4 kills.

    If you complain about someone whos trying to 4k, just because he want to escape, he act like as he is entitled to escape, which he isnt.


    I know killers also dont have to 4k and killers often are entilted too but theres still noting wrong with trying.

    Theres also nothing wrong with trying to survive but no one should act like they HAVE to escape / 4k or act like as they deserve it.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443872#Comment_1443872

    But that doesnt its bad to try get 4 kills.

    If you complain about someone whos trying to 4k, just because he want to escape, he act like as he is entitled to escape, which he isnt.

    I know killers also dont have to 4k and killers often are entilted too but theres still noting wrong with trying.

    Theres also nothing wrong with trying to survive but no one should act like they HAVE to escape / 4k or act like as they deserve it.

    No definitely not, I always go for the 4k as killer. I usually don't slug because it's not fun for me as killer and because slugging really requires you to run Whispers and/or Deer Stalker. I'd rather not waste a perk slot just so I can get the 4k and it's usually just as easy to get the 4k if I find the hatch. If the survivor finds the hatch, I still consider it a win, because the survivors weren't able to power the gates.

  • @Munqaxus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443957#Comment_1443957

    No definitely not, I always go for the 4k as killer. I usually don't slug because it's not fun for me as killer and because slugging really requires you to run Whispers and/or Deer Stalker. I'd rather not waste a perk slot just so I can get the 4k and it's usually just as easy to get the 4k if I find the hatch. If the survivor finds the hatch, I still consider it a win, because the survivors weren't able to power the gates.

    What you say it true, i also dont slug exept if i see the last one or if they played toxic but i just wanted to make clear that there is nothing wrong with it and that noone should complain about it.

  • Then stop wasting your time and the survivors time. You are not entitled to a 4k.

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443872#Comment_1443872

    I dont care about 4k, but I will say, when I kill 2 and two escape, it doesnt feel like a win at all.

    That’s because it’s a tie, not a win lol

  • I never slug unless I'm getting adept. It's so annoying

  • I'm so down with this, as long as I get points for the time I spent slugged on the ground.

    A win/win for both sides ^.^ 💜

  • I usually don't. I mean a 4k Is icing on the cake for me. A cool little bonus I can live with or without. Sometimes I'll give survivors the hatch or even the exit gate when I feel like it. I even gave a Claudette who DS'ed me the hatch the other night. Personally I just don't care enough about 4King. Maybe I'm too nice to be a killer player. Or maybe too nice for DBD overall. But in the end, honestly I don't remember most of my kills. Two months down the road, I won't even remember that Claudette.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    So then don’t.

    Try not to stress about about that last kill unless you’re trying for that adept.

    Here’s the thing. The reason the game gets extended for so long when doing this is because that last survivor, most of them, will be smart about what exactly it is you’re doing and not fall for the bait and will go full immersive.

    Ironically by slugging for the 4K you’re basically ensuring that last survivor has enough time to find the hatch, or be smart about presuming YOU have had enough time to find the hatch and will hide by the gate that is furthest from it.

    I prefer to take the gamble of hooking the third survivor and hope that the last survivor hasn’t had enough time to find the hatch. Sometimes it pays off. Sometimes it doesn’t. It’s not a big deal to me.

    Hmm that's my logic

  • @ZFennecFox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443378#Comment_1443378

    I play both sides Killer currently rank 3 and Survivor currently rank 8. I just hook and go as Killer I never go for the one unhooked unless they get in my way and I still hit red each season.

    My logic behind this is that leaving survivors should be punishable not by a large margin but should at least have more counter play than a perk that gets you up once and a "Tunnel me" Perk.

    rank 3

    Yeah, and i'm always rank 1 with 1000 hours played. In order to win at the high level, a killer HAS to do at least 1 thing that survivors find "unfair" You either camp, tunnel or slug. If you aren't doing one of those, you are going to lose.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Seriously, it adds 5-7 minutes to games sometimes. We killers hate having to slug at the end of every game just to get a 4k. Sometimes we just have to let the last survivor go because we don't want to slug and waste a bunch of our time. And yes, not slugging for the 4k is pretty much the same as letting someone go. Why? Because hatch. Hatch is the originator of many of this game's problems. If you took it out, those problems would simply disappear, as well as a lot of survivor entitlement. We need a better endgame mechanic, because hatch feels like something that was thought up on the spot and then shoved into the game, making it extremely unfun and random feeling. Essentially, the first 3 kills are all skill, but the last one is an RNG minigame. Maybe the killer gets to hatch in time, maybe survivor does, maybe the gates are so far apart after closing hatch that the survivor gets out anyway. Why does closing the hatch power the exit gates again? Hatch is easily the dumbest thing in this entire game, and you can't address slugging and "taking the game hostage" until you remove it.

    then dont be so sweaty to slug for the 4k so what if the last guy got out your missing 3k bps it doesnt matter that much

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    Lol guy talks about survivor entitlement but he’s making other people spend minutes on the ground immobilised bored out of their mind so he can feed his ego and get a few extra points in a video game.

    Just hook the survivor and if the last gets hatch who cares? Killer has a huge advantage in finding it first anyway.

    Exactly very hypocritical

  • i main both sides you know you don't need to 4k every match get pissed when you get 0k or 1k like normal.

  • @KingFrost said:

    I usually don't. I mean a 4k Is icing on the cake for me. A cool little bonus I can live with or without. Sometimes I'll give survivors the hatch or even the exit gate when I feel like it. I even gave a Claudette who DS'ed me the hatch the other night. Personally I just don't care enough about 4King. Maybe I'm too nice to be a killer player. Or maybe too nice for DBD overall. But in the end, honestly I don't remember most of my kills. Two months down the road, I won't even remember that Claudette.

    i'm like that too were rare breed.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443802#Comment_1443802

    I was referencing the op when i said that. Hes slugging because he wants to kill everyone and tgen complaining that he has to do that.

    Because, man! Why must the last survivor get hatch?! Why is there even a chance of him escaping after I've killed 3 survivors and they couldn't even get 5 gens done? I want a 4k because I want to kill everyone. The devs say define your own win condition, well that's mine. But no, I'm just supposed to let them go. Easy kill just gone like that. Seriously, if this game was a PS5 launch title or something, it'd get laughed out of all the stores just based on this stupid hatch mechanic's existence.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443840#Comment_1443840

    Because, man! Why must the last survivor get hatch?! Why is there even a chance of him escaping after I've killed 3 survivors and they couldn't even get 5 gens done? I want a 4k because I want to kill everyone. The devs say define your own win condition, well that's mine. But no, I'm just supposed to let them go. Easy kill just gone like that. Seriously, if this game was a PS5 launch title or something, it'd get laughed out of all the stores just based on this stupid hatch mechanic's existence.

    The hatch exists to prevent the survivors from holding the gane hostage. Prior to the hatches existence the last survivor could simply hide and youd spend the next hour searching every locker and crouching spot on the map. Thats why its in the game.

    As far as the 4k is concerned, its just weird to me that people care. 3k with hatch is same as 4k to me. Its them getting a free escape that they didnt earn. You already won the game, what difference does it make at that point? Do you REALLY see a 3k as a loss? You stopped them from finishing gens and killed 3/4ths of the team, how is that a loss?

    If you want to slug for the 4k thats fine, your choice. Im not judging you for that, im just saying youre making that choice, you know the hatch exists and now you know why, if some survivor manages to crawl their way out the hatch or you have to spend a bunch of extra time finding it and then them, thats a risk youre choosing to make. No point in complainimg about it 🤷‍♂️

  • I'm also tired of being slug so that the killer can have his 4k. I see the silhouette of the other survivor sitting on top of hatch while I'm being slug I will disconnect if the killer is being greedy for his 4k and I do not care if I lost all the bloodpoints, I already P3 all my characters. Then I will see the killer cry in post-chat about me disconnecting so that the other can get the hatch, and how deserving he was to have his 4k, are you kidding me? You ambitious Baboon!

  • dont slug its boring for survivors to

  • I will say, I liked the old hatch spawning system. If you as a killer did such a great job denying gens that there is only one completed gen, that is incredible and you kinda earned it

  • I think giving the last survivor a second chance via the hatch is fine. But why give a third chance by powering up the gates? Where's the killers' second/third chance after all generators are fixed? Please don't mention the end-game perks, cause those are perks not mechanics like the hatch)

  • @PodgeNotRodge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443604#Comment_1443604

    The difference is they could hold game hostage by waiting around to do it until you pushed them out. Now if they want to waste time doing it, it's at their expense cause they're forced to leave. Meanwhile a killer can just pick a corner to look at if they want. It was not to stop teabagging in general, it was to stop teabagging a killer by just sitting at a gate infinitely just so they can bag them.

    I've suggested something to fix this before.

    If they made EGC timer go 5x faster if all survivors are sitting in or around an open exit gate, and nobody is being chased, nobody is on hook, nobody is slugged. In addition, survivors can be grabbed from the gate area.

    I would honestly welcome this change so much, and IM A SURVIVOR MAIN btw. I never personally camp the gate.

    Like seriously, just leave. It's annoying to the killer, no need to be a toxic d*ck.

  • @timbologna said:

    With a 3k you're not guranteed a pip.

    I've actually got merciless killer even when intentionally letting the last person go.

1 2 ›