I'm tired of slugging for the 4k

Seriously, it adds 5-7 minutes to games sometimes. We killers hate having to slug at the end of every game just to get a 4k. Sometimes we just have to let the last survivor go because we don't want to slug and waste a bunch of our time. And yes, not slugging for the 4k is pretty much the same as letting someone go. Why? Because hatch. Hatch is the originator of many of this game's problems. If you took it out, those problems would simply disappear, as well as a lot of survivor entitlement. We need a better endgame mechanic, because hatch feels like something that was thought up on the spot and then shoved into the game, making it extremely unfun and random feeling. Essentially, the first 3 kills are all skill, but the last one is an RNG minigame. Maybe the killer gets to hatch in time, maybe survivor does, maybe the gates are so far apart after closing hatch that the survivor gets out anyway. Why does closing the hatch power the exit gates again? Hatch is easily the dumbest thing in this entire game, and you can't address slugging and "taking the game hostage" until you remove it.

Comments

  • This has been a discussion going around since the days of hatch stand offs. The short and simple answer that came out of it all is that as killer you're expected to lose 1 kill. It's completely stupid, but that's how the devs want the game to be balanced out.

    Only thing I can tell you is always run whispers on all of your builds as that's realistically the only way you can actually get 4k's unless you're a mobile killer or you get extremely lucky with the gate spawns.

  • Don't slug for the 4k then? I rarely do it now since I stopped caring about ranking and it made my life simple the only way you will see me slugging for the 4k is for adepts other than that I really don't care about 4k

  • Delete the hatch. its a terrible mechanic

  • @Auron471 said:

    Delete the hatch. its a terrible mechanic

    This but make it so the doors spawn on opposite sides of the map so the survivor still has a chance, map dependant. It's happening far too often that they either spawn on the same side or in an L shape that only takes a few seconds to check on.

  • Slugging for the 4k is just a waste of time for both sides, for killer and survivors. I prefer to hook the third survivor and then try to close the hatch and find the last survivor. If the last survivor find the hatch first, fine. Killer don’t need the last hook to pip and earn only a few bloodpoints while the survivor earn 7k bloodpoints and has a chance to pip in a game, where the team loose against the killer. For both side it make more sense not to slug for the 4k, because in this time you could play the next match and earn bloodpoints and pips again...

    And btw, I will never understand why some killer think they need 4k, if one survivor escapes it‘s still a 3k and you can count it as a „win“, because the game is balanced around 2k so you had a good game.

  • If the difference between a 3k and a 4k bloodpoint- and pip-wise would not be that significant, we would see a lot less slugging.

    The solution is kind of obvious.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    If the difference between a 3k and a 4k bloodpoint- and pip-wise would not be that significant, we would see a lot less slugging.

    The solution is kind of obvious.

    Give Killers BP for hatch escapes

  • I miss when survivors actually had to try to make the hatch appear.

  • @NoShinyPony

    Would the killer earn more bloodpoints for the last kill we would see slugging for the 4k much more often.

    I think a survivor should get only 2 or 3k bloodpoints for escaping through the hatch, but he get still his emblem.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    If the difference between a 3k and a 4k bloodpoint- and pip-wise would not be that significant, we would see a lot less slugging.

    The solution is kind of obvious.

    Pips mean nothing. If you get many hooks then the bp difference is often marginal.

  • With how doors spawn and how quickly the killer can check between them (or use whispers to know exactly which door they're going for), the last guy would have absolutely no chance if the hatch were gone. Stop sweating so hard for a 4k every single game. You got 3, you've already won.

  • @ich_häng_mal_rum said:

    Slugging for the 4k is just a waste of time for both sides, for killer and survivors. I prefer to hook the third survivor and then try to close the hatch and find the last survivor. If the last survivor find the hatch first, fine. Killer don’t need the last hook to pip and earn only a few bloodpoints while the survivor earn 7k bloodpoints and has a chance to pip in a game, where the team loose against the killer. For both side it make more sense not to slug for the 4k, because in this time you could play the next match and earn bloodpoints and pips again...

    And btw, I will never understand why some killer think they need 4k, if one survivor escapes it‘s still a 3k and you can count it as a „win“, because the game is balanced around 2k so you had a good game.

    Not everyone cares for bloodpoints or pips only.

    Ill make sure to kill everyone exept if they played really well and didnt played toxic.

  • The moment when you realize that its NOT the end of the world if the last guy gets away is the moment when you'll be alot less stressed out. If you actually know where someone is, go ahead and slug for the 4k and go get em. If you have no CLUE where the last guy is though... stop stressing and just hook the guy ya got. Its really not that big of a deal.

  • @Demonl3y

    But then it’s on you, cause maybe you have your reasons to not accept that the game is balanced around 2k.

  • Fam it is no fun for the survivors, either.

    Just let it go, tbh, and if you get to hatch before the other guy, so be it. Literally that entire chunk of text just sounds like you are too friggin stressed, fam, and you either need a break or to care less about that last kill. The important thing is that you have fun in a match, and if slugging for a 4k ain't doin it for you, then don't do it.

  • Unpopular opinion change Unbreakable and No Mither and allow Survivors to pick themselves up if their bar is full without a perk. Its honestly the Killer's fault if they allow the bar to fill up completely any way. This eliminates the Slugging aspect of the game that everybody hates.

    Change Unbreakable so that it effects the speed in which the bar fills, and No Mither to the same.

  • @ZFennecFox said:

    Unpopular opinion change Unbreakable and No Mither and allow Survivors to pick themselves up if their bar is full without a perk. Its honestly the Killer's fault if they allow the bar to fill up completely any way. This eliminates the Slugging aspect of the game that everybody hates.

    Change Unbreakable so that it effects the speed in which the bar fills, and No Mither to the same.

    Spoken like a true survivor main


    Saying "Just don't slug" to a red rank killer basically means "just lose the game"

  • @ich_häng_mal_rum said:

    @Demonl3y

    But then it’s on you, cause maybe you have your reasons to not accept that the game is balanced around 2k.

    Just because the devs once said the ratio should be 2k/2e, it doesnt mean it is balanced that way at the moment. Also even if it would, why should it be bad to still want to try to kilk everyone? You are not entitled to escape.

    You cant just say ,,Uhh then kill 4 guys but you should accept that the game isnt balanced that way"

    If you say that, i could say you should accept that me and many others still want to kill everyone and not everyone cares for the pips or Bloodpoints.

    I play DbD because its PVP element, thats why i want to kill everyone.

  • If you don't like slugging for the 4k, then don't slug for the 4k. Mind blown, am I right?

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443374#Comment_1443374

    Spoken like a true survivor main

    Saying "Just don't slug" to a red rank killer basically means "just lose the game"

    I play both sides Killer currently rank 3 and Survivor currently rank 8. I just hook and go as Killer I never go for the one unhooked unless they get in my way and I still hit red each season.

    My logic behind this is that leaving survivors should be punishable not by a large margin but should at least have more counter play than a perk that gets you up once and a "Tunnel me" Perk.

  • @ZFennecFox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443378#Comment_1443378

    I play both sides Killer currently rank 3 and Survivor currently rank 8. I just hook and go as Killer I never go for the one unhooked unless they get in my way and I still hit red each season.

    My logic behind this is that leaving survivors should be punishable not by a large margin but should at least have more counter play than a perk that gets you up once and a "Tunnel me" Perk.

    My logic behind this is that leaving survivors should be punishable not by a large margin but should at least have more counter play than a perk that gets you up once and a "Tunnel me" Perk.

    That's not logic, that's your opinion. What's the logic behind that opinion? Why should survivors be able to pick themselves up indefinitely without the use of a perk?

    To OP, if you don't want to do something, you don't have to do it. Also, holding the game hostage has nothing to do with slugging.

  • I stopped doing slugging for the 4k ever since hatch spawns no matter how many gens get done. It's just a waste of time and doesn't reflect any kind of "skill", it's just boring and i'd rather just get to the next game than look for an immersed survivor.

  • Lol guy talks about survivor entitlement but he’s making other people spend minutes on the ground immobilised bored out of their mind so he can feed his ego and get a few extra points in a video game.

    Just hook the survivor and if the last gets hatch who cares? Killer has a huge advantage in finding it first anyway.

  • The hatch is a needed mechanic. If you can't activate the EGC timer, the last survivor could just hide and urban evasion around the map.

    I remember almost always bringing whispers with me because I sometimes sacraficed 3 survivors before 2 gens were done. The last survivor would often be incredibly immersed and hide around the map, too scared to even touch a generator. So I had no clue where they were. I remember I had to search for at least 20+ mins at one point until I finally found the Nea hiding behind a tree on Suffocation Pit. I regretted not using whispers.

    The system we have now is much better than it used to be. I'd much rather have a survivor escape in an already won game, rather than having to search endlessly or AFK and let them do the gens.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    Lol guy talks about survivor entitlement but he’s making other people spend minutes on the ground immobilised bored out of their mind so he can feed his ego and get a few extra points in a video game.

    Just hook the survivor and if the last gets hatch who cares? Killer has a huge advantage in finding it first anyway.

    Its a PVP game, if you cant handle a defeat, dont play.

    Its not toxic to slug as long as you dont do it just to waste the others time.

    Theres nothing wrong with trying to kill everyone.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443414#Comment_1443414

    Its a PVP game, if you cant handle a defeat, dont play.

    Its not toxic to slug as long as you dont do it just to waste the others time.

    Theres nothing wrong with trying to kill everyone.

    Who cant handle a defeat? I think you’re talking about the topic creator.

    I play killer and I dont slug for the 4k because its boring as hell and the game is already won. The hatch is killer sided anyway but it doesnt bruise my ego if someone escapes


  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443394#Comment_1443394

    My logic behind this is that leaving survivors should be punishable not by a large margin but should at least have more counter play than a perk that gets you up once and a "Tunnel me" Perk.

    That's not logic, that's your opinion. What's the logic behind that opinion? Why should survivors be able to pick themselves up indefinitely without the use of a perk?

    To OP, if you don't want to do something, you don't have to do it. Also, holding the game hostage has nothing to do with slugging.

    Why not? I would like to hear your argument on why they shouldn't be able too. If their left on the floor long enough to fill their bar completely its the Killer's loss.

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443414#Comment_1443414

    Its a PVP game, if you cant handle a defeat, dont play.

    Its not toxic to slug as long as you dont do it just to waste the others time.

    Theres nothing wrong with trying to kill everyone.

    I suggest not going to a "killer vs survivor" topic with him/her if you check his/her comments on most killer posts she/he will say stuff like "I 4k blinded no perks, I never slug, I never tunnel, I never camp and I play by survivor rules always 100%".

    You won't win, not everyone has the PVP mentality.

  • @ZFennecFox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443403#Comment_1443403

    Why not? I would like to hear your argument on why they shouldn't be able too. If their left on the floor long enough to fill their bar completely its the Killer's loss.

    Nice try. You made the argument, so the burden is on you to make the case for it.

  • Dont do it then, I rarely slug anyone unless I had a visual confirmation to the last Survivor whereabouts when I down the other guy, like seeing him in the distance or scratchmarks or a failed skillcheck.

    If the last guy gets the hatch first or he opens the door after I close it so be it, its not the end of the world.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443453#Comment_1443453

    Nice try. You made the argument, so the burden is on you to make the case for it.

    So you have no argument as to why they shouldn't then why say anything at all. If a survivor on the floor can completely fill their bar before the Killer picks them up and they get up its the Killer's fault for not hooking the survivors.

  • This highlights one of the most in-your-face proofs the game is survivor sided.

    You are expected to just give them up, lose with grace, accept the fact they did not win, but "beat you" by using a mechanic in the game designed so they always have an escape.

    But yeah the game is killer sided fa sho!

  • @ZFennecFox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443457#Comment_1443457

    So you have no argument as to why they shouldn't then why say anything at all. If a survivor on the floor can completely fill their bar before the Killer picks them up and they get up its the Killer's fault for not hooking the survivors.

    I'm asking you for your argument because it is your idea. I can't debunk an argument that either doesn't exist or wasn't presented.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443424#Comment_1443424

    I suggest not going to a "killer vs survivor" topic with him/her if you check his/her comments on most killer posts she/he will say stuff like "I 4k blinded no perks, I never slug, I never tunnel, I never camp and I play by survivor rules always 100%".

    You won't win, not everyone has the PVP mentality.

    When did I say I 4k blinded with no perks?

    and no I dont tunnel or camp....unless the survivor is being toxic.

    Some of us just enjoy the chases ya know? And dont feel the need to sweatily tunnel one survivor out of the game as fast as possible.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443454#Comment_1443454

    When did I say I 4k blinded with no perks?

    and no I dont tunnel or camp....unless the survivor is being toxic.

    Some of us just enjoy the chases ya know? And dont feel the need to sweatily tunnel one survivor out of the game as fast as possible.

    That was a thing I believe someone like you would say.

    But you are always killer bad survivors are angels.

  • It's hard to get this sort of thing right. I usually slug for the 4k because I want the extra points that it gives me. Though I've recently had a lot of DC hatch tech which has been inconvenient.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443480#Comment_1443480

    I'm asking you for your argument because it is your idea. I can't debunk an argument that either doesn't exist or wasn't presented.

    Going back and re-reading the posts I believe I specified why they should be able to "Counter Slugging For The 4K" that seems to be an issue.

  • @ZFennecFox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443486#Comment_1443486

    Going back and re-reading the posts I believe I specified why they should be able to "Counter Slugging For The 4K" that seems to be an issue.

    You believe wrong, unless your justification was literally "this annoys some people", in which case the entire game needs to be deleted.

  • @OldHunterLight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443492#Comment_1443492

    That was a thing I believe someone like you would say.

    But you are always killer bad survivors are angels.

    Not at all. It only seems like that because this forum is full of incredibly bias killer mains and if I present a different perspective thats how they see it.

  • So don't? The amount of points lost isn't that significant. The only reason to really care enough to slug for the 4k is if you are worried about piping. Then again I feel they need to lower the standards for killers too pip slightly. But that's another discussion entirely.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    Seriously, it adds 5-7 minutes to games sometimes. We killers hate having to slug at the end of every game just to get a 4k. Sometimes we just have to let the last survivor go because we don't want to slug and waste a bunch of our time. And yes, not slugging for the 4k is pretty much the same as letting someone go. Why? Because hatch. Hatch is the originator of many of this game's problems. If you took it out, those problems would simply disappear, as well as a lot of survivor entitlement. We need a better endgame mechanic, because hatch feels like something that was thought up on the spot and then shoved into the game, making it extremely unfun and random feeling. Essentially, the first 3 kills are all skill, but the last one is an RNG minigame. Maybe the killer gets to hatch in time, maybe survivor does, maybe the gates are so far apart after closing hatch that the survivor gets out anyway. Why does closing the hatch power the exit gates again? Hatch is easily the dumbest thing in this entire game, and you can't address slugging and "taking the game hostage" until you remove it.

    Yes, nevermind gates can be 20 feet apart on some maps where you can stand in the middle and do nothing but wait. Hatch was there to give A survivor a chance to still escape. Does it suck not getting 4k, sure but damn does it add much, no. You know you can do it. And again, they put EGC (A killer bonus) to stop people teabagging and spreading toxicity. They even made it now where if you're in struggle phase by endgame, you automatically die 🤣 so sorry if a hatch is too much right now but compared to half the other problems in this game, I'd say it's less important. BBQ, Rancor, Whispers and what not others are there to spot last living survivor at endgame. Use them. And no, I play mostly killer.

  • Ah another killer entitled to his 4k.

  • @PodgeNotRodge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/171898/im-tired-of-slugging-for-the-4k

    Yes, nevermind gates can be 20 feet apart on some maps where you can stand in the middle and do nothing but wait. Hatch was there to give A survivor a chance to still escape. Does it suck not getting 4k, sure but damn does it add much, no. You know you can do it. And again, they put EGC (A killer bonus) to stop people teabagging and spreading toxicity. They even made it now where if you're in struggle phase by endgame, you automatically die 🤣 so sorry if a hatch is too much right now but compared to half the other problems in this game, I'd say it's less important. BBQ, Rancor, Whispers and what not others are there to spot last living survivor at endgame. Use them. And no, I play mostly killer.

    lol yeah, havent been teabagged at an exit gate since EGC was added.


    LOLOLOL

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443575#Comment_1443575

    lol yeah, havent been teabagged at an exit gate since EGC was added.

    LOLOLOL

    XD then how about dont frigging look. If it's something at your control "Which it is" dont go... lolololol 🤣🤣🤣

  • @PodgeNotRodge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443584#Comment_1443584

    XD then how about dont frigging look. If it's something at your control "Which it is" dont go... lolololol 🤣🤣🤣

    I replied "lol" at your thought that EGC was added to stop teabagging LOL

  • @DrDeepwound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443594#Comment_1443594

    I replied "lol" at your thought that EGC was added to stop teabagging LOL

    The difference is they could hold game hostage by waiting around to do it until you pushed them out. Now if they want to waste time doing it, it's at their expense cause they're forced to leave. Meanwhile a killer can just pick a corner to look at if they want. It was not to stop teabagging in general, it was to stop teabagging a killer by just sitting at a gate infinitely just so they can bag them.

  • @PodgeNotRodge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443604#Comment_1443604

    The difference is they could hold game hostage by waiting around to do it until you pushed them out. Now if they want to waste time doing it, it's at their expense cause they're forced to leave. Meanwhile a killer can just pick a corner to look at if they want. It was not to stop teabagging in general, it was to stop teabagging a killer by just sitting at a gate infinitely just so they can bag them.

    you bring up a fine point, now they just do it on the hatch that you can no longer grab them at, since EGC.

    Once EGC was added the hatch is even more survivor sided, we cant even grab them anymore. ;)

    You further proved my point above.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443485/#Comment_1443485

  • @Snowbawlzzz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443374#Comment_1443374

    Spoken like a true survivor main

    Saying "Just don't slug" to a red rank killer basically means "just lose the game"

    You sound like Scott Jund XD I just seen his vid yesterday saying the same thing. Sure the idea is frowned. But I've seen videos of his and Zubats where they have 3 slugger, get greedy going for 4th then get pissed at one unbreakable complaining at how unfair it is. It's the greed aspect people dont see. DS is beaten as to slugging so what do you want. They get one free pick up and that's a perk gone for the rest of the game.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1443501#Comment_1443501

    Not at all. It only seems like that because this forum is full of incredibly bias killer mains and if I present a different perspective thats how they see it.

    But I've seen you being survivor bias and belittling killers in every thing they do and everything they say.

‹ 1 2