Did they change their mind on giving out event exclusives?

Was wondering since I got the hound mask and davids jacket when I didn't have them before. Is this just a bug?

Comments

  • @Always_available said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1377999#Comment_1377999

    Tf is your problem bud? If all you're gonna do is talk #########, you might as well gtfo. And its *your

    I'm drunk. you're your... don't give a drunk #########. If game skins are your biggest problem in life...bud...be thankful for your life

  • @LazyPayday said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1377975#Comment_1377975

    It's the thought that counts man, sure I don't use Kate so I don't have much use for her shirt, but I had a ton of pride in my pro-pain so it feels like betrayal for the devs to say they won't release them just to do it anyways. Also there's so many cosmetics now, back then there was very little and since it's been 2 years the cosmetics have only gotten rarer (or rather, they were getting rarer) so it's natural you wouldn't see it often. Plus it's likely you just don't remember, at most you'll be like "oh cool they have that" and then forget about it after that match.

    Kate and David would've stood out because they are two of my fave survivors. Huntress I look forward to seeing what mask she has on, same with Trapper, so again would've stuck out - especially if it was one I didn't see often. No one is wearing those cosmetics, atleast not on PS4. If people were actually wearing them I could understand being upset but people are just having them sit in their inventories - that doesn't seem like a very special cosmetic. 🤷‍♀️

  • @bm33 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1378003#Comment_1378003

    Kate and David would've stood out because they are two of my fave survivors. Huntress I look forward to seeing what mask she has on, same with Trapper, so again would've stuck out - especially if it was one I didn't see often. No one is wearing those cosmetics, atleast not on PS4. If people were actually wearing them I could understand being upset but people are just having them sit in their inventories - that doesn't seem like a very special cosmetic. 🤷‍♀️

    That's exactly it man, I play on PS4 too and the player-base was tiny back then.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    it would be enough if they would at least give the skins back to those who have LITERAL EVIDENCE of them posessing the skins in the past!

    but nah,

    that'd be too easy.

    They blame it on the storage system so they should compensate for those hours at least and have a vote on whether or not this should pass not just say "you dont know whats good for you" type of crap.

  • Oh but I was one of the players, and it's not fair to me? Even though I say it's completely fair? Hm. Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

  • When there's still a handful of exclusives still not available for all? Hear me out; BHVR's original logic when releasing Ultra-Rare event cosmetics (Golden Feng, Brazilian Claudette Shirt, etc.) was that they wanted to stray away from having exclusives in the game at all. This was also the reasoning on the forums as to why the Howling Ground & Summer BBQ exclusives should be given out to everyone. Why cave to these giving out these cosmetics but not all exclusives that still exist?

    I also do own the Bloodletting Dwight shirt exclusive, so this isn't a thread about begging for free exclusives for all. I'm fine with some exclusives being in the game. I'm mostly curious as to the flawed reasoning BHVR has given us for releasing some cosmetics but not all. Why pick and choose? What makes that fair at all to people who earned them in the first place? With exclusives still existing, this logic has little reasoning to it.

    ** Rift 1 & 2 cosmetics are temporarily exclusive until they become available for cells on the Store so I'm excluding those from the topic, as well as Legacy clothes as those were meant to be exclusive from the start (as they are Artifact rarity) before introducing Bloody prestige clothes in their place.

    List of all current exclusive cosmetics: https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1305048187

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1377895#Comment_1377895

    Ask this the cs go community if you find this here serious already.

    CSGO actually has a market where cosmetics have value, none of these were tradeable or anything.

    The only cosmetics that had value were ones that had one-use codes that players would use to extort others out of insane amounts for them. It's only a positive thing that exclusives are gone.

  • I really don't care in the end, the cosmetics do not even look that good to be honest. Same as legacy, legacy looks ugly and the only reason why people want them is because they are exclusive right now, they look a bit better but that is it.

    I do fail to understand as to why this topic was even approached again, not too long ago, same idea and same response from the community. So why approach this pretty much the same way, while something similar like legacy still exists.

  • @Always_available said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1378016#Comment_1378016

    They definetly arent my biggest problems in my life, but thank you for caring. Also I'd advice you to quit drinking, its very bad for you. Since we're caring about each other so much. Have a nice day.

    again, be thankful for the little you have...other ppl have nothing. You have choices as I do...there are more ppl that do not have choices.

  • @DwightOP said:

    Don't give out the event cosmetics to EEEEEEVERYONE.

    I understand that people lost it, and you guys just want to give them a way to get it back. But that's not the right approach. There is a better way.

    Give these cosmetics only to people who had purchased dbd and played at least one match before/during the event. Everyone else who bought the game after the event has absoluty no right to get these cosmetics.

    You are currently pissing off a lot of people and noone is going to take your event cosmetics serious anymore.

    Why would someone play during an event when everyone is going full sweat and extra toxic + long lobby Qs if he can just relax and get it for free later on? Stupid. Just stupid.

    My idea isn't ideal but certainly better than what you guys are planning to do.

    1) There's nothing to negotiate. It's already done. They're not just going to undo it.

    2) Haha, imagine getting upset about some cosmetics in a video game.

  • @The_Bootie_Gorgon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1378045#Comment_1378045

    again, be thankful for the little you have...other ppl have nothing. You have choices as I do...there are more ppl that do not have choices.

    I'm living more than 100% than what grew up in...there are worst situations that other ppl grew up in...my perspective is, if you are at the point of complaining about a video game...be ######### thankful for your life....

  • I understand you're upset BUT i really like that Donkey Jacket for David. So i hope that's like at least something you can take joy from lol

  • I think you've hit the nail on the head with your subject line. That's... the idea.

    EDIT: Posted before the topic merge, to a topic titled "Exclusive cosmetics are no longer exclusive if you give them to everyone."

  • @Always_available said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1378052#Comment_1378052

    Wow, you're really deep. As if Im not aware of what some people dont have. All Im doing here, is critizing the devs decisions on this videogame. You dont need to give me a lesson of how theres people dying of hunger and having much worse times than me.

    You have the right to do you.

  • Variety?

    lolwut Every David I've gone against today had that Golden Jacket.

    So much for "variety."

  • I missed the Feng Min Dragon Mask. Where do i get it?

  • Out of interest, what are the thoughts of those who originally earnt those cosmetics, lost them and were unable to get them back? Would they prefer that the exclusives were widely available so they can get them back? Or would they prefer not to have them if it meant those who earnt them previously retain the exclusivity?

    It appears that, if this is the main reason for the exclusives becoming available, their opinion would be the motivation. Just not sure if that's what has actually happened or not.

  • @Always_available said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1378036#Comment_1378036

    Yeah? That is your OPINION. You feel like its fair. I dont.

    Yeah, but you've been speaking as if everybody has the same OPINION as you. So suck it up buttercup, the world doesn't revolve around you. Other people aren't as selfish lol.

  • @Always_available said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1378135#Comment_1378135

    Whos the selfish one here? I made the post (that is now merged into this post) to share my opinion. And Im seeing a lot of people in the forums having the same opinion as me? You're calling me entitled, wow, thats sad.

    You're literally complaining because other people can have things that they originally couldn't, because now it's not "special" anymore. Newsflash, that's selfish bruh.

  • As someone who lost Legacy skins, stop complaining about your Event cosmetics. Those were participation trophies. Quite literally. All you needed was to play during that time.

    Big deal.

    I'd like them to find a way to give us our legacy skins back. I had them on every killer/survivor, and THAT was actual work. 200 hours, minimum PER character to get P3 on each at that time. But sure, whine about your measly few hours of work to get event cosmetics. Big whoop, cry me a river.

  • They really should have just given the cosmetics to everyone who had an account since the date of the respective events. At least those who didnt have it but earned it gets theirs and those that didnt care for them can just ignore them.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    Yeah I absolutely agree there was NO POINT in adding the BBQ and Lunar event cosmetics. I wore the Dog mask to show Ive been a huntress main since 2018 and same with the Kate Denson cosmetic now they're for everyone and its just :/ what was the point?

    I just went up against a Huntress who had the Hound Mask so I was kinda expecting she might be a good Huntress. Turns out the person playing on the account has less than 3 days total time played.

  • @Always_available said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1378148#Comment_1378148

    Oh alright. So you feel like its a better choice to give the cosmetics for free to everyone that plays the game, than let only the people who paid/played the game back then for the cosmetics have them?

    Yup. Exclusives generally only generate bad blood tbh, people always want what they can't have, the people who have it don't want others to have it and get pissy because "MUH EXCLUSIVES." Infighting happens. It's just a bad system all around.

  • @kate_best_girl said:

    Yeah I absolutely agree there was NO POINT in adding the BBQ and Lunar event cosmetics. I wore the Dog mask to show Ive been a huntress main since 2018 and same with the Kate Denson cosmetic now they're for everyone and its just :/ what was the point?

    So you only liked it cause you could flex, real nice. How about cosmetics are supposed to look nice and make people happy, not make others feel like they've missed out?

  • @SlingerKing said:

    Behavior is literally telling everybody that was loyal and play through those events that their loyalty doesn't matter. It's stupid and it's disgusting that they're doing this.

    I played through the barbecue event and the New Year event to earn all of those cosmetics. There were groups running around trying to sabotage and DC so it was very hard to get the Huntress one in particular. Why the hell why Behavior? Why are you telling us the long-term customers that our loyalty is worth an absolute pile of s***?

    So very loyal, having to work on a slushie gen, or hook someone on a hook that hissed like a grill. Not like that's what killers and survivors have to do anyway or anything. Also yeah some people were dicks and went around sabo-ing event hook before they made em un-sabo-able in later events, some killers tried to completely cockblock survivors from doing the special gens, there was and always will be dicks on both sides. There were also a hell of a lot of equal farming and people helping each other out, which is what events are SUPPOSED to be about. Community, coming together. But nobody ever seems to mention that.

  • I lost all my in-game progress in 2017 when my first account was stolen and then all my event cosmetics were taken away, while i have been playing the game since first free weekends(it was nurse chapter release) and i can't be more happier to at least have my event skins back. To be fair, you and your friends know you've earned them and why would you care for anything else

  • Yeah ... As a veteran playing since summer 2016 I feel a bit betrayed, it's not a huuge deal but the bad taste in mouth is there :(

  • @Carpemortum said:

    I assume a bug or lack of oversight. I have two of Kate's bbq shirts. I earned it, but why would I have 2?

    I feel like they used a prerequisite (played at x date, during X timeframe, etc) to see who was eligible and gave them out regardless. If they "may" have had them, they have it to ensure nobody lost it kind of thing.

    I played the game since release and have a ton of event cosmetics. I didn't do anything to earn the cosmetics I have, but I have them. I never played attention to any events in the past but most of my characters have some ultra rare customization options.

  • The community upset about people getting skins again? Doesn't surprise me, the skins were laughably easy to get.

  • @Brawler said:

    Yeah, I'd like to know as well. I hope it is just a bug...

    why

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1377893#Comment_1377893

    I just went up against a Huntress who had the Hound Mask so I was kinda expecting she might be a good Huntress. Turns out the person playing on the account has less than 3 days total time played.

    If you think time played =! skill in DBD, you are living on a different planet.

  • We are not in tf2 guys, this is not a hat game. On console we got several outfits (red set for meg thomas, and a blue jacket without sleeves) and they got removed. In my head im saying too bad because it adds variety but anyway it doesnt matter really much. If your goal is to be the only dude who grinded 45hrs to get a pink outif to flex with it at the exit gates, maybe you are playing thr wrong game.

  • @Peanits said:

    It's not a matter of prioritizing newer players over older players, it's actually quite the opposite. Back then, the way event cosmetics were stored were much less secure than recent events, and it made them susceptible to loss of progress (the reason why we needed to return them to people in the first place). We originally decided to return them only to the people who had earned them in specifically to not alienate long time players who had worked for them. Despite our best efforts, there were people missing who should have received them and didn't: The data we had at the time was not robust enough to catch everyone.

    So in short, some of the people who did work for and earn them didn't receive their cosmetics back, and there was nothing we can do for them. Those long time players were out of luck. The idea of not alienating long time players ended up alienating those long time players.

    It's unfortunate, yes, but leaving those people behind is not an option. This is the fairest way we can handle the situation. This shouldn't be a problem for future events as the way we store rewards now is much more secure.

    Leaving people behind is "not an option"? Explain the Legacy stance then. I and MANY others spent 2000 hours of time playing back in 2016, just to lose legacy. You're worried about leaving people behind who had to put a few hours in to get an inconsequential cosmetic, but it's a big old middle finger to those who actually had to do a meaningful amount of work and last all their legacy stuff?

    Okay there, bud.

  • @SloppyKnockout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1378185#Comment_1378185

    If you think time played =! skill in DBD, you are living on a different planet.

    Never did I say that. However, since you brought it up, time played may not be directly correlated to skill, but you cannot deny that some association may exist.

  • @Speshul_Kitten said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1378239#Comment_1378239

    Never did I say that. However, since you brought it up, time played may not be directly correlated to skill, but you cannot deny that some association may exist.

    Skill has 2 ingredients - one of them is optional. Time played is one of them, common sense is another. Time played is the optional one, really.

  • @Always_available said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1378202#Comment_1378202

    Not everyone should get what they want... They're called exclusives for a reason. (EVENT EXCLUSIVE) Rare skins give the game good variety.

    What variety? The events were ######### and the cosmetics were mostly recolors. The only ones that were very different were the Huntress Mask and the Hillbilly hammer, and those pale in comparison to the cosmetics we can get today. Like, just admit you're salty cuz they're not special anymore and gtfo it.

  • @Mikey4Hire said:

    Was wondering since I got the hound mask and davids jacket when I didn't have them before. Is this just a bug?

    At that point, they might as well give everyone legacy

  • Now everybody gets the „exclusive“ event-cosmetics and the discussion about exclusive skins and legacy starts again... 

    I think these discussions show, that the community is very interested in this kind of cosmetics:

    a lot of players want this outfits and player who have it, want that they stay exclusive. The only real problem is, that player who doesn’t play at a certain time, these player have no chance to get such outfits. To make sure, exclusive cosmetics ARE EXCLUSIVE if you can’t buy them with auric calls, shards or couldn’t get them for free!

    In my opinion exclusive cosmetics are a very good motivation to stay playing dead by daylight and it would be nice if the devs think about that, and implement a fair way to earn such outfits!

    Here is my solution for fair exclusive cosmetics:

    1. give a meaning to devotion
    2. for every devotion-level you get 1 point (new currency)
    3. create a kind of legacy (maybe in green) for all characters (3 pieces per character)
    4. implement the new exclusive cosmetics in the shop, which player can only „buy“ for the new currency:

         - weapon or shirt = cost 1 point

         - body or pants = cost 2 points

         - head killer or surv = costs 3 points

          Or all cosmetic pieces have the same

          price?

    Important for fairness: every player get points = actual devotionlevel when new cosmetics are released.

    With this idea you have a way for exclusive cosmetics in the game which everybody can earn only by playing the game independently from when they start playing DBD and at the same time it would be a nice „THANKS“ for player who play this game for so many hours... and btw, it could be the same outfits like legacy, cause for me it’s no reason to give some players a exclusive outfit only of a change of the grind and they had the luck to play dbd at a certain time and with this „new collection“ they still have the advantages to have some pieces of the legacy outfits and they could spend their points for the next characters.

    I‘m very interested in your feedback.

  • still not safe, the rift cosmetics are lost just like every year nothing changes

  • @Cius said:

    still not safe, the rift cosmetics are lost just like every year nothing changes

    You have written that at least 5 times now, so my question:

    Which Cosmetics are lost?

    Did you open a Bug Report about it?

  • If yall would like to view the news tab you'll see that they gave them out to everyone.

  • As someone who ground out the first two events (playing during that time was miserable) and then took a break for a few years... It is a little disheartening to have pretty much the only exlusive thing I had now being universal.

    However, as I've missed around two years of cosmetics from events and the rift since then, I'm excited that I'll be able to grab all those cosmetics again! :D

    After all, it'd be totally moronic and completely arbitrary to only award the first 2 events and none of the others. As long as it's consistent, I don't mind at all.

  • @RoMainPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1378256#Comment_1378256

    What variety? The events were ######### and the cosmetics were mostly recolors. The only ones that were very different were the Huntress Mask and the Hillbilly hammer, and those pale in comparison to the cosmetics we can get today. Like, just admit you're salty cuz they're not special anymore and gtfo it.

    "Admit your salty cuz they're not special anymore and gtfo it"

    Obviously people are mad about sharing event cosmetics with every player in the game when they didn't earn it and they did........ that is the reason why people are complaining about this.

    I swear people like you are either jealous of not getting the event cosmetics or just incapable of using their brain and realising why this makes them annoyed.

    Seriously, this is how dumb u sound, its like me going on the fortnite forums and going, Hey guys I've been playing for like 3 months now and I think its unfair that I don't have the season 1 skins, now im not asking for the battlepass skins, just the free ones because that is fair, and I think this because u know, the skins were just recolors and "the events were #########"

    Jealous, SJW, I can't stand these people, and so I say the same to you, stop drooling over event items and "gtfo it"

  • It's like I said Behavior repaid your long-term loyalty by letting you know your worth about the same as a steaming pile of s***.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/A5FPBHFFZUMP/5fr64ry-5b1-5d.png

    From the in game news. Yes these have been awarded to all players.

    It's funny, you say you don't wanna undermine that part of the community that has been there since 2016, when you clearly undermine everyone that's here since 2017 and earned these cosmetics. But I guess these people don't matter as much. What a joke.

  • @SpyMature said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1376523#Comment_1376523

    Why are you giving away only the event cosmetics? If you say that you do this because you cant restore some players progress and give them the cosmetic that they didnt get even though they earned it, this should also apply to Legacy cosmetics. Some players got their legacy, but it was taken away from them, and you couldnt restore access for them.

    If you truly don't want to "alienate" the community, you will either give away BOTH Event AND Legacy cosmetics for the same reason you're giving away Event cosmetics, or give away NONE.

    100% this. Couldn't agree more.

  • " That was miiiiiiine, i was so precious and originaaaaaaal :'( "


    This community is childish and garbage wow

  • @EnviouSLAY said:

    the event items you barely had to clock anytime playing in to get; legacy took time just sitting there going through the BS that was the bloodweb system when the game first came out. No, Legacy should not be given out to everyone. If you weren't around for the start of dbd to really go through the struggles you don't deserve it. The only people who deserve Legacy right now are the ones who lost it because of the faulty game save mechanics that reset so many players accounts. So many people have proof that they were around and had x y z pieces of legacy and BHVR won't do anything about it. It is possible to restore the cosmetics as we have seem several people banned for "hacking" it back. But I digress, a cosmetic is a cosmetic, most of the event cosmetics were just recolors at the end of the day. It isn't that deep.

    Either you have forgotten or you didn't play the first lunar event. You had to play offerings to get the points you needed to claim the event cosmetic. The event was bugged. 8 out of 10 times you played a offering, the game would crash and you lost your offering. This was before offerings were returned when a match was cancelled. I spent an insane amount of hours playing this game and spending blood points for offerings that were pissed to the wind because like all their events, it was bugged. Was it Legacy blood web amount of grindy, if you are talking about earning one level of Legacy to earning one lunar event cosmetic, yes, they were comparable due to the game crashing and wasting your offerings. Saying you "barely had to clock anytime playing" is bull.

    You had to play both killer and survivor. You couldn't earn the cosmetics just playing one side. Event hooks were sabo-able and killers would specifically 3-4 gen strat the event gens to be a douche as they almost always spawned clustered together. Those events were toxic AF! Don't try and tell me the cosmetics were basically given to me.

    Their are several hardcore DBD players that P3'd nearly all their original survivors and killers and got legacy on most all of them. They had triple blood point events during this time period. How super difficult it was is drastically exaggerated. New players starting out now trying to P3 nearly 30 characters is the epitome of "grindy".

  • @Booper_Of_Snoot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1376493#Comment_1376493

    Do you do anything but cry on these forums? Like no offense, but I've seen a lot of just the same same from you

    No, I'm only here to complain. What you gonna do about it now?

  • @CotJocky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1376729#Comment_1376729

    Either you have forgotten or you didn't play the first lunar event. You had to play offerings to get the points you needed to claim the event cosmetic. The event was bugged. 8 out of 10 times you played a offering, the game would crash and you lost your offering. This was before offerings were returned when a match was cancelled. I spent an insane amount of hours playing this game and spending blood points for offerings that were pissed to the wind because like all their events, it was bugged. Was it Legacy blood web amount of grindy, if you are talking about earning one level of Legacy to earning one lunar event cosmetic, yes, they were comparable due to the game crashing and wasting your offerings. Saying you "barely had to clock anytime playing" is bull.

    You had to play both killer and survivor. You couldn't earn the cosmetics just playing one side. Event hooks were sabo-able and killers would specifically 3-4 gen strat the event gens to be a douche as they almost always spawned clustered together. Those events were toxic AF! Don't try and tell me the cosmetics were basically given to me.

    Their are several hardcore DBD players that P3'd nearly all their original survivors and killers and got legacy on most all of them. They had triple blood point events during this time period. How super difficult it was is drastically exaggerated. New players starting out now trying to P3 nearly 30 characters is the epitome of "grindy".

    There was no triple blood point 'events' before the legacy cut off date. There was ONE double BP event that lasted I believe 2 days. That was it.

1 … 4 5 6 7