What was your first discussion ever made on these forums?

Curious and bored

What was your guys first discussion made on the forums? Where did it all start?

Mine was this silly christmas offering idea were you could play an offering to give the other side more bloodpoints.

I was so naive back then

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    Hello,
    yesterday I had a match where I was unable to use Self Care. My character had a Toolbox in hand and when I pressed M1 to heal myself, the toolbox disappeared for a brief moment, but the healing animation did not start.

    I was able to heal others and others were able to heal me. I also noticed that one person in the match did not heal himself. I was not able to find him, but he might have had the same problem (he also had Self Care).

    The game was vs Trapper. I might be able to find out the name of the Killer. Did anyone had a similar experience?

    Kind regards

    A Bug Report.

    Man, I used Self Care. I was young. And made mistakes.

  • I have almost 850 discussions. I've no idea how to get to that first one without scrolling through them all.

  • Edit: I made an error,i stated my wrong first post lmfao. My first post was about fps on ps4,and how bad optimization was back then in may of 2019. Dunno how it is now,switched over to pc a while ago. https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/61396/fps-on-ps4#latest

  • A bug report where I was unable to heal people sometimes while I was suffering from Deliverance's Broken effect. It was happening consistently enough I felt bad for the people who thought I was sandbagging them when the prompt to heal didn't show up whatsoever.

    @LordRegal said:

    Platform: PC

    Description of the issue: A healable player is unable to be healed. Unsure if specific to one player or all players (seen both appear to happen)

    Steps to reproduce (if possible): Unknown.

    How often does this occur: Happened to me twice. Once Saturday 11/2, once Sunday 11/3. Unsure how common overall.

    Videos showing this happening:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gc1avP5kups&feature=youtu.be - Thought it could be a Deliverance bug at first, timestamp of issue 2 min.

    https://youtu.be/zhA6MQLlzHs - Proved it wasn't a Deliverance bug, timestamp at 2:10 (first time I was unable to heal them)

    Edit: was a faulty memory, it wasn't actually deliverance based.

  • Mine was way back when the forums first opened around two years ago, requesting more transparency around how the emblem system worked. There were a lot of people back then saying that the new system was stupid and they didn't understand it, and they wanted the old one back. I fear history may be about to repeat itself with the MMR system, but time will tell.

  • i dont know how to make it a link lol

    1. Doing gens is boring because skill checks are inconsistent and don't happen often enough.
    2. The Pig's Workshop Grease, Razor Wires, and Interlocking Razor add-ons are worthless and Jigsaw Box skill checks are too easy.
    3. Decisive Strike should have a part for Great Skill Check which does the full 5 seconds, with a Good Skill Check giving the old 3 seconds.

    I still agree with all of these.

  • Omg, I was so different, lol I was killer biased despite being a survivor main lol. Nowadays I look at it from a more neutral standpoint btw since I play both sides (I'd say I play killer a tiny bit more though).

    @Poweas said:

    Ok so Nurse and Billy are perfect if you can play them.
    Myers- 20% faster EW stalking to add more pressure on the survivors so you know that ur in for it.
    Huntress- You should probably make the hatchet windup time 6% faster and maybe just let the hatchets go flying when u press the button it'd make her perfect.
    Pig- Idk about Pig tbh she's ok but maybe she can crouch/stand up faster so teabagging with her is more doable (jk) she should actually have no noise when going out of stealth because a pig tried to pick me off a gen but I heard her going out of crouch and managed to escape.
    Leatherface- 5% faster speed when charging chainsaw so he's not a joke when you play him without addons.
    Wraith- 10% faster movement speed when uncloaking or decrease the time of it. So he can really have some pressure and just let the guy walk through walls when invisible because that'd put him from the worst to a decent killer.
    Freddy- Oh boy he needs too much buffs so I'll just say time to go into dream world goes from 7 to 4 seconds and in the dream world he can teleport past a window or something to give him more control of the map in the dream world. (thats probably too op)
    Trapper- His current buffs are fine but maybe he should start with 2 traps so he doesn't waste too much time
    Clown- If u hit them directly with a bottle toss it should be an instadown anyway so he can be a very good killer. Then remove that addon for the instadown if u directly hit them.
    Hag- No clue but maybe her current buffs are OK.
    Doctor- He's good enough rn I'd be terrified if he got a buff.

    I was so oddly cheerful it's weird lol.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/31937/self-care-not-working

    A Bug Report.

    Man, I used Self Care. I was young. And made mistakes.

    Same lol, my build was so weird back then.

  • @Orion said:

    I have almost 850 discussions. I've no idea how to get to that first one without scrolling through them all.

    Fun fact the topic was originally going to be "what was your first comment" untill i noticed that it would me a while to see what mine was

  • I was just joining in on the hype lol

  • @VolantConch1719 said:

    Someone (I'm blanking on your name right now, sorry) came up with the idea that the Entity grabbed both Jeff and the Legion at the same time. The evidence being Jeff decided to go up to the lodge, and Frank hearing something moving in the woods by the lodge. That something would be Jeff.

    Don't get me wrong, I love this theory, and want it to be true. But, after thinking it over, it just opens FAR to many plot holes.

    First off, Frank was sixteen when he moved to Ormond. We can gather this from the line in his backstory "His last move had been three years prior when his last foster dad, Clive Andrews, had picked him up from the adoption centre. They'd been on the road for seven hours before reaching a small bungalow in Ormond." It starts that paragraph off saying he is nineteen.

    Let's assume he meets Julie, Susie, and Joey very shortly after. They start hanging out, it's all cool. Meanwhile, Jeff, who is still in high school, is working at a video store, where Frank sees his drawings. He pays Jeff to paint "The Legion" in runny, bloody letters."

    This is where things fall apart. Jeff's parents get a divorce and he moves to Winkler. There he finishes high school and eventually becomes a roadie. A few years later, he got into a fight that almost cost him his eyesight (hence his scar). The issue here is that few usually refers to THREE or more. Let's just assume, for the sake of the original theory, that Jeff moved to Winkler and graduated in the same year as he painted "The Legion". We are left with... Frank now being nineteen.

    Jeff then takes art school, several courses, which usually takes around FOUR years. So, if we are using the minimum amount of time for a few, we are still likely let with SEVEN years after Jeff left Ormond, becuase Jeff doesn't strike me as the kind of guy to just drop out for no apparent reason. Then he "led a quiet, simple life: he brewed beer, took-in a rescue dog, designed tattoos, and freelanced album covers for bands he liked." This alone seems to indicate a while before his father's death.

    Meanwhile, the Legion kills that janitor and buries him. Frank hears something in the woods. I so desperately want this to be Jeff, but that would mean those last two paragraphs had to have all happened in THREE years! Otherwise, Frank would be at LEAST 23 years old! What does the very first sentence begin with? "Frank Morrison was nineteen and had little to show for it."

    Since they are still very clearly teenagers, this whole theory just doesn't work! Which is really sad, since it's a huge missed opportunity.

    This. I think Legion was still in PTB and there was a belief that they were taken with Jeff, which I believed for a few days myself. Then my brain started going "Wait... that's literally impossible given how long Jeff's story takes place." It's also my second most viewed discussion, at 297 views.

    After that it was the timeline I built for where every Killer fell, which remains the only discussion I have made that actually seems to stand out (9.2K views).

  • Haven't made one yet actually ๐Ÿ™ƒ

  • Mine was "why am I obsession so often?"

    I still wonder this.....why....๐Ÿ˜ž

  • @Dolls said:

    Mine was "why am I obsession so often?"

    I still wonder this.....why....๐Ÿ˜ž

    Killers just love you Doll...s

    (โ˜ž อกยฐ อœส– อกยฐ)โ˜ž

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    Curious and bored

    What was your guys first discussion made on the forums? Where did it all start?

    Mine was this silly christmas offering idea were you could play an offering to give the other side more bloodpoints.

    I was so naive back then

    Mine was about people and their third world country Internet connections.

  • think my was asking for cat eared beanie cosmetic for nea still don't have it.๐Ÿ˜ฟ

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    The Chaser, Evader, Lightbringer, and Benevolent emblems all got tweaked during the PTB, but are the changes actually doing something? Is Iridescent Chaser still extremely difficult to get or should I expect to get it more often?

    Me wondering if Emblem changes from like 2.0.0 were working. For some reason it and a lot of other really old threads are in the 2.6.0 PTB feedback section when that wouldn't come out for another 10 months.

  • My first discussion was about Kill Your Friends. I was basically asking for improvements such as a 2 player offline/splitscreen or even a solo mode in Kill Your Friends allowing you to:

    - test builds as killer/survivor

    - practice killer powers before going into "real" matches

    - explore (new) maps and practice gameplay on (new) maps

    - somewhat play the game when queue times are too long

    etc.

  • It was a bug report on deliverance. This was when it didn't guarantee a 100% unhook first time lol not the most interesting.

    However a few months later I created a discussion asking for leatherface to be removed lol oh how times have changed.

  • Untitled Image

    My first discussion was posting this to point out the flaw of "bad random teammates"-posts.

  • Last June. Had about a week in the game. Made a post about survivor toxicity. Was brown ranks, at the time. I remember being amazed by how some survivors acted. You'd think I destroyed their homes or pets.

    Wasn't new to toxic players in games, just that DbD was another step up, and it really surprised me. Every action I took felt judged to the point where I couldn't even kill, as killer, without being bm'ed.

    I was such a young tike back then. Kinda miss those days when it bothered me.

  • I asked people who they thought was the worst survivor based on their perks.

  • Like 3 bug submissions threads.

  • In May 2018 I made the good old favorite and least favorite map discussion. I think I might have been the first one to make that here.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    Curious and bored

    What was your guys first discussion made on the forums? Where did it all start?

    Mine was this silly christmas offering idea were you could play an offering to give the other side more bloodpoints.

    I was so naive back then

    Suggesting we need a

    5th Perk slot

  • If I recall correctly, it was on the thread of a guy asking to make David gay.

  • Mine was about how a gen speed nerf would make ranks 10 to 20 extremly killer sided since that was back when ruin was a perk

  • My first discussion was about the props system and how it's ultimately useless and should do something. I still believe it should do something but whatever it's not top priority.

    God, and that post was like a year ago. Time flies! :)

  • Lot's of nostalgie here, i like it

    And also lot's of bug reports. What if all the bugs in this game are there just to bring us to the forums and bring us closer together as a community

  • First post is introducing and looking for friend to play together.

  • Asking for charms in the store, lol. Specifically ones from the first rift I missed out on. Some day I hope~*

  • @KennedyPh said:

    First post is introducing and looking for friend to play together.

    Did you find one?

  • why where moon bouiqets removed

  • Asking if the chainsaws really need to be one-shot powers and how them being so easy to pull off, especially compared to Myers' stalking just really isn't all that great a design choice.

    People really don't like it when you explain how only doing half the chase makes you half the killer they think they are.


    I still have not changed my stance on the matter. The current chainsaws are too easy to pull off at most ranks, and shouldn't be an easy base-kit instant down.

  • i asked for some free Auric Cells after purchasing a chapter with real money, as i found it unfair that i payed money for chapters that, after the shop got introduced, were now for free (the original chapters that are available for iridescent shards)

  • I would like to tell you...

    1.png

    ...but the combination of having this many discussions...

    2.png

    ...and the Discussions being loaded from new to old means i'd have to click "More Discussions" too many times for me to want to find out.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    Curious and bored

    What was your guys first discussion made on the forums? Where did it all start?

    Mine was this silly christmas offering idea were you could play an offering to give the other side more bloodpoints.

    I was so naive back then

    First post was a meme I simply pulled from Google.

    First discussion I posted was a bug report about a window glitch.

  • A bug report. And my second topic? Another bug report. Both are still pending lol.