I wish Oni was never added to the game.

Because every single time I play Survivor I want to go against no one but Oni and no one plays Oni and it makes me depressed.

Comments

  • If you're on PS4, pray you face me.

  • Oni is hard to play, very hard compared to most killers in the game. That leaves him with a small, dedicated playerbase which is pretty cool if you ask me. It makes it feel a lot more "special" playing Oni over stuff like Freddy or Spirit.

    Besides, I like it when strong killers are hard to play. It makes the learning curve feel rewarding.

  • @gantes said:

    Oni is hard to play, very hard compared to most killers in the game. That leaves him with a small, dedicated playerbase which is pretty cool if you ask me. It makes it feel a lot more "special" playing Oni over stuff like Freddy or Spirit.

    Besides, I like it when strong killers are hard to play. It makes the learning curve feel rewarding.

    My friend and I are like the ONLY Oni mains I know.

    Well, that and Scott Jund, but he doesn't count.

  • I don't own Oni, otherwise I'd play a few games in your honor :(

  • Games just don't feel the same after playing against the Oni 😥

    It's a shame you don't get him very often because hes, in my opinion, the most fun to play against.

  • @BattleCast said:

    Games just don't feel the same after playing against the Oni 😥

    It's a shame you don't get him very often because hes, in my opinion, the most fun to play against.

    RIGHT?! The music and the aesthetic are some of the best in the game, just a giant flaming samurai ogre bearing down on you with those wooden chimes blaring in your ears... Plus, he feels so well-balanced to me; he's like the only Killer that actually makes me feel consistently outplayed when I get totally demolished by him.

    Unless you bring Scalped Topknot. If you bring Scalped Topknot you should be reported for exploit abuse.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227990#Comment_1227990

    My friend and I are like the ONLY Oni mains I know.

    Well, that and Scott Jund, but he doesn't count.

    i love everything about oni. maybe i am oni main idk he is very hard so i am playing trapper with devour hope.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    Because every single time I play Survivor I want to go against no one but Oni and no one plays Oni and it makes me depressed.

    I read the title and I was about to demon dash to defend my main, but you baited me good. Well done. Oni is love, Oni is life.

  • @PrettyFaceKate said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/145899/i-wish-oni-was-never-added-to-the-game

    I read the title and I was about to demon dash to defend my main, but you baited me good. Well done. Oni is love, Oni is life.

    I think once people saw my avatar they realized it was a bait and switch. Probably should have thought that one through.

  • I play Oni sometimes. I'd like to main him but I fear if I do I will stop playing other Killers and I'd like to play every Killer not only 2 or 3

  • I mean, I play Oni, currently finishing up Demogorgon but I did Oni just before it

  • Yeah, I dont like playing him. I dont like playing against him. I am not a fan all around. LOL

  • Oni with his power is the best killer in the game. Fight me.

  • Oni is super fun to play. I would play him more often but I’m garbage with Oni. I just can’t grasp him or Billy to warrant me playing them when I play other killers way better.

    I can do decent with Oni if I get a decent map and average survivors but if I go against good survivors I get destroyed.

  • I have become an Oni main and absolutely love playing him. There's something awesome about that yell that he makes when activating his power that just gets me pumped up....and the oh @#$! moment the survivors have when you are barreling towards them! Sadly, I think I've only come across one Oni recently and the killer was just learning how to play him.

  • Oni is fine. Not good, but in an okay spot. He's basically Billy with an interactive CD.

  • @NursesBootie said:

    Oni is fine. Not good, but in an okay spot. He's basically Billy with an interactive CD.

    You don't play Oni, do you?

  • @NursesBootie said:

    Oni is fine. Not good, but in an okay spot. He's basically Billy with an interactive CD.

    Uh. Not good? Have you ever taken the time to watch a good Oni player or played him yourself? He's a very strong killer.

  • I’ve only seen two Onis and I have no clue how to properly play against him.

  • Oni is in my regular rotation of Killers I play. So I hope to find you in the fog as Kazan Yamaoka ^^

    I do agree though, people tend to play certain killers more than others. I don't think I've seen someone play Demogorgon for a long while. And I want to pet the Demopuppy :(

  • My oni gets people mad on ps4

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227997#Comment_1227997

    RIGHT?! The music and the aesthetic are some of the best in the game, just a giant flaming samurai ogre bearing down on you with those wooden chimes blaring in your ears... Plus, he feels so well-balanced to me; he's like the only Killer that actually makes me feel consistently outplayed when I get totally demolished by him.

    Unless you bring Scalped Topknot. If you bring Scalped Topknot you should be reported for exploit abuse.

    Bro, Oni was SO well made. The sound design is fantastic, although I don't like his tacky flames, he is still amazing to hear and see run around the map. Actually instills a bit of fear in me when I hear thump thump thump getting louder and louder.

  • @PassarinoT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227999#Comment_1227999

    Bro, Oni was SO well made. The sound design is fantastic, although I don't like his tacky flames, he is still amazing to hear and see run around the map. Actually instills a bit of fear in me when I hear thump thump thump getting louder and louder.

    The flames are hot... literally. It's bad enough to see a literal undead samurai ogre demon bearing down on you at Mach 10 with a studded club bigger than Nea Karlsson's forehead. But then he's on FIRE on top of all that?!

    He's the first time in a long time a Killer has been persistently terrifying.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    Because every single time I play Survivor I want to go against no one but Oni and no one plays Oni and it makes me depressed.

    I just wish they didn't put the 75 bloody fury down trophy in because I need to get all those sweet sweet trophies and I hate playing the oni

  • @deadbyhitbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228804#Comment_1228804

    Uh. Not good? Have you ever taken the time to watch a good Oni player or played him yourself? He's a very strong killer.

    I play oni regularily and i watch ScottJund, one of the best oni mains out there. Ever watched scott get genrushed while he eats a bunch of safe pallets on ormond without getting his power ever? Yeah that's why i got that opinion about oni. I'm not throwing arond random facts, just saying my opinion formed over many played and watched matches.

  • @NursesBootie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228819#Comment_1228819

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228866#Comment_1228866

    I play oni regularily and i watch ScottJund, one of the best oni mains out there. Ever watched scott get genrushed while he eats a bunch of safe pallets on ormond without getting his power ever? Yeah that's why i got that opinion about oni. I'm not throwing arond random facts, just saying my opinion formed over many played and watched matches.

    And I'm saying my opinion based on being an actual hardcore Oni main since his release: Oni is incredible. When nonsense like that happens, either the Oni sucks or the Survivors just know how to be utterly OP—in which case, that isn't an Oni problem; that's a DBD problem. No Killer can overcome that, and you shouldn't judge one Killer just because Survivors are broken.

    Also, just gonna put it out there, Scott is not a good Oni.

  • I still haven't gotten BBQ on my Oni yet. Trust me I'd be playing him all day if I did but I've spent nearly 2 million on him and still haven't got BBQ. I have all the other perks I want on him at lvl 3 but because this video game is perfect in every single way and the grind definitely isn't abysmal, I haven't seen BBQ once

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228947#Comment_1228947

    And I'm saying my opinion based on being an actual hardcore Oni main since his release: Oni is incredible. When nonsense like that happens, either the Oni sucks or the Survivors just know how to be utterly OP—in which case, that isn't an Oni problem; that's a DBD problem. No Killer can overcome that, and you shouldn't judge one Killer just because Survivors are broken.

    Also, just gonna put it out there, Scott is not a good Oni.

    I don’t see how he is bad at Oni.

  • I hear everyone say "He's scary."

    And...I'm here like....

    I've rarely died to Onis.

  • Oni is a lot of fun and he's one of the few non-licensed Killers I have P3'd, but he's not as fun as Huntress for me.

    But since you asked I'll make an effort to play him more.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    I hear everyone say "He's scary."

    And...I'm here like....

    I've rarely died to Onis.

    Most people don't know how to do well with him. He's one of the few Killers in the game whose skill curve is actually fairly high. He's no Huntress or Nurse, more Demogorgon—not impossible, but you do have to big brain him a bit.

    Trust me, good Onis are some of the most terrifying things in the history of terrifying things. They somehow manage to turn DBD into a horror game.

  • He's not bad at Oni. He's just not good, certainly not the Oni god everyone proclaims him to be. He's... okay. His "give me your candy" method of acquiring blood fury is time-inefficient and prevents better economization of blood orbs, and as much as Oni favors slugging, the notion that you will struggle as Oni if you don't always slug every Survivor you down all the time is malarkey. I'd wager that his belief that you MUST slug as Oni if you want to have the slightest chance at winning stems from his inability to get a lot of blood orbs ready and waiting—you only need to be a hardcore snowballer if you have low Blood Fury uptime; if you know how to keep blood orbs dropping so the power is easy to reacquire when you lose it, your time between Furies becomes a lot shorter and you don't have to worry nearly as much about doing a lot before a given Fury is gone.

  • Personally I don't play with Oni because it's hard to play with. I am also rank 1 so that makes it difficult to learn playing with him now...

  • i like Oni, it’s very satisfying to smash people in demon form, however if the survivors know how to loop it’s hard to hit anyone. The best is when you can catch them off guard

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227990#Comment_1227990

    My friend and I are like the ONLY Oni mains I know.

    Well, that and Scott Jund, but he doesn't count.

    Imagine maining oni.

    image.png image.png

    Cant relate

  • Which platform you play on?

    If PC? Sorry I can't play oni until they announce cross progression not because of perks but because of cosmetics

    If PS4? Pray until you play against me, I main Oni, I'm not the best but I can put up a fight

  • I had an Oni Game yesterday with one of the worst starts ever. I got my first hit relatively late but I still won because his snowball potential is incredible. I think beside Hag he gets the most momentum because he is the best slugger.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    Because every single time I play Survivor I want to go against no one but Oni and no one plays Oni and it makes me depressed.

    I play Oni. Just finished prestiging him to t3. Don’t usually do that, but he looks like a badass motherfluffer.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228883#Comment_1228883

    The flames are hot... literally. It's bad enough to see a literal undead samurai ogre demon bearing down on you at Mach 10 with a studded club bigger than Nea Karlsson's forehead. But then he's on FIRE on top of all that?!

    He's the first time in a long time a Killer has been persistently terrifying.

    The flames are a good idea but their execution is tacky as hell at BHVR.

  • I love Oni, and I pray Monto never reads the title of this question.

  • @PassarinoT said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1228909#Comment_1228909

    The flames are a good idea but their execution is tacky as hell at BHVR.

    Agree to disagree. I think they look great.

  • Ever since I started playing killer a few months ago I decided to get good with Oni. And after 3 months of playing killer he got me up to Rank 1. I love Oni and when I play survivor I always get excited going against an Oni.

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    Because every single time I play Survivor I want to go against no one but Oni and no one plays Oni and it makes me depressed.

    All I see when I play survivors are nothing but doctors or legions -.-''

  • @Demogordon_Ramsay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1227990#Comment_1227990

    My friend and I are like the ONLY Oni mains I know.

    Well, that and Scott Jund, but he doesn't count.

    Are you sure about that? :3

  • I like going against him. I suck as him