So you can now hide in bushes and be 100% invisible

Really? I mean REAAALLLLYYYYY?

Try this out for yourself on the new map. You can hide in them, perfect for Blendettes, and you're completly invisible. Just don't move and the Killer wont see you at all.

Who's bright idea was that?

Tagged: DevModTrusted

Comments

  • This content has been removed.
  • Not just Blendettes that can do it either! I had a Nea sitting inside one and I only noticed her hat poking out slightly. A Jake also did it, and he had Iron Will. Took me way too long to figure out he was inside a bush.

  • They also hide scratch marks. I didn't think it was possible to make a map worse than Ormond for scratch marks, but boy did the map designer prove me wrong on that idea.

  • A pink-haired nea was hiding in one earlier. Why should bushes just be for blendettes anyway?

  • Theirs also a cactus next to the map border wall by the basement that a survivor can fit between but the killer can’t. It’s impossible to get to them cause I had someone run their every time I was chasing them

  • Credit to u/Cup-o-Water for the pic

    9e83275.png

    There is apparently a claudette in this picture. I cant find it? Please show me where.

    I wish I could say "oh, it cant be that bad". It is.

  • @Pigforever said:

    Theirs also a cactus next to the map border wall by the basement that a survivor can fit between but the killer can’t. It’s impossible to get to them cause I had someone run their every time I was chasing them

    That's definitively unintended and is worth a bug report. (https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/bugs) Best with screenshots etc.

  • its almost like stealth is relevant again. I see no issue here.

  • Yeah I don't like how they're pushing stealth gameplay personally with the new maps. It's boring to face as a killer when people just hide, and it sucks having those teammates that hide and don't do much of anything else. Also the tiles on the new map are just poor in general for looping. Same with lab, and the new yamaoka one. Shame really.

  • *Evil Ghostface laughs incoming*

  • @Pigforever said:

    Theirs also a cactus next to the map border wall by the basement that a survivor can fit between but the killer can’t. It’s impossible to get to them cause I had someone run their every time I was chasing them

    We found that; it's on the list to be fixed.

  • No word on the actual topic of the thread, though? Come on, buddy.

  • Yes this is worse the Yamaoka because the bushes hide basically every character

  • @bendermac said:

    Really? I mean REAAALLLLYYYYY?

    Try this out for yourself on the new map. You can hide in them, perfect for Blendettes, and you're completly invisible. Just don't move and the Killer wont see you at all.

    Who's bright idea was that?

    That explains a lot. Had survivors disappear into thin air near the bushes. Least I know where to look now.

  • Sounds like a special dev feature.

    😉

  • Where is the problem? Survivors can hide in lockers where you cant see them. How about removing lockers?

  • @leyzyman said:

    Credit to u/Cup-o-Water for the pic

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/661/UEENRS0EDTR2.png

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1152661#Comment_1152661

    There is apparently a claudette in this picture. I cant find it? Please show me where.

    I wish I could say "oh, it cant be that bad". It is.

    Oh my god.. i can't see her even after 1 minutes of searching lol

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    Where is the problem? Survivors can hide in lockers where you cant see them. How about removing lockers?

    No, lockers can be countered. Sitting in a bush as a p3 claudette is different than a locker lmao.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    Where is the problem? Survivors can hide in lockers where you cant see them. How about removing lockers?

    Lockers have intentional significant downsides: If the killer guesses you're in there they completely ignore the 1/2 hits to down you and pick you straight up. Lockers also make noise or take a fair bit of time to get into (Or require a cooldown perk), and affect auras. They're also affected by Iron Maiden.

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1153346#Comment_1153346

    No, lockers can be countered. Sitting in a bush as a p3 claudette is different than a locker lmao.

    It's not.

  • @bendermac said:

    Really? I mean REAAALLLLYYYYY?

    Try this out for yourself on the new map. You can hide in them, perfect for Blendettes, and you're completly invisible. Just don't move and the Killer wont see you at all.

    Who's bright idea was that?

    I actually like this, it's different and adds more things for survivors to do in a chase.


    It's like a locker, the survivor runs around the corner and they suddenly vanish. You have to use context clues to find where the survivor is at, and if you are lucky, you will figure out that they are in a locker.

    In the pictures I seen, just check the nearby bushes, it only takes a few seconds to see if collision gives away their position. 😁

  • New map is easily killer sided. Even bad killers will end chase in seconds. Being able to hide there is slight buff for survivors on that map.

  • Interesting, I did not know that you could pull a survivor at full health out of a bush and straight into the carry state. I didn't know that bushes hid survivors from BBQ, rendered them exposed to Iron Maiden, and had all the synergies that lockers do.

  • @Dehitay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1153364#Comment_1153364

    Interesting, I did not know that you could pull a survivor at full health out of a bush and straight into the carry state. I didn't know that bushes hid survivors from BBQ, rendered them exposed to Iron Maiden, and had all the synergies that lockers do. I'm so glad we have people like you to help educate us on things that we would never know based on common sense and years of experience.

    Inb4 Head On from a bush.

  • @leyzyman said:

    Credit to u/Cup-o-Water for the pic

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/661/UEENRS0EDTR2.png

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1152661#Comment_1152661

    There is apparently a claudette in this picture. I cant find it? Please show me where.

    I wish I could say "oh, it cant be that bad". It is.

    αρχείο λήψης.jpg


  • more stealth options are great.

    i like maps that are focussed more around stealth gameplay than looping, honestly.

    ou can see them in there, but its hard. also, headphones render the bushes basically useless.


    imo that map is really cool and i really like playing on it.

  • I can't believe people are actually complaining about survivors being able to hide.

    Wait, never mind. I can believe it.

  • @Huff said:

    I can't believe people are actually complaining about survivors being able to hide.

    Wait, never mind. I can believe it.

    "EVERYTHING THE DEVS DO IS UNFAIR. WAAAAAAAA"

  • @bendermac said:

    Really? I mean REAAALLLLYYYYY?

    Try this out for yourself on the new map. You can hide in them, perfect for Blendettes, and you're completly invisible. Just don't move and the Killer wont see you at all.

    Who's bright idea was that?

    I did this today and a blendette came in my bush and couldnt not hide, the leatherface chainsawed both of us.

  • @Reborn2020 said:

    New map is easily killer sided. Even bad killers will end chase in seconds. Being able to hide there is slight buff for survivors on that map.

    Every gen on a second floor if you go there they drop down, 110 killer cries, lots of boxes to ######### billy. Its survivor sided there are not too many strong loops but the mas has lots of hiding spots vaults and pallets to compensate

  • @CaptainCastle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1152733#Comment_1152733

    No word on the actual topic of the thread, though? Come on, buddy.

    You cant really expect 1 dev to give word to a topic, representing the entire company. Thats like expecting someone working at domino's having to give a word on the topic of logo design. They simply arent representatives of the company.

  • Stop complaining. I just watched Slinger harpoon a survivor half a step from zone out at exit gate. He had NOED, so he literally yanked her from escape at the last possible millisecond and downed her with NOED and Morid her. That is a pretty powerful ability that no other killer can do.

    If a few people can hide well, but I can yank survivors off of ledges, pull them from unhooked at a distance, and yank them out of the gate at escape, I'll take it.

  • Please keep the tones down while discussing!

    Else we'll be forced to close the thread.

  • @Gcarrara said:

    Please keep the tones down while discussing!

    Else we'll be forced to close the thread.

    Just close the thread. People that continuosly arguing with each other are just wasting their time. Im here to just make valid points.

  • i think it's good there's a chance to hide

  • Where does it rank, Because that list is long AF

  • I had a neon Nea hiding in the bushes that I couldn't see. A NEON NEA! THE MOST VISIBLE SURVIVORS IN THE GAME! If survivor want to play immersed on this map they can easily make the game extend for an hour if they just don't do gens.

  • @Predated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1153323#Comment_1153323

    You cant really expect 1 dev to give word to a topic, representing the entire company. Thats like expecting someone working at domino's having to give a word on the topic of logo design. They simply arent representatives of the company.

    Are you being serious right now kid? I can't expect a developer who comments on a thread to, you know, actually respond to the thread?



    Aren't there overpriced cosmetics you should be simping over lol

  • A simple response to this entire thread:

    git gud.

  • I like these bushes, killers hate looping, what does a survivor do besides loop if a killer comes? They hide... now killers complain about hiding.

  • @Seanzu said:

    I like these bushes, killers hate looping, what does a survivor do besides loop if a killer comes? They hide... now killers complain about hiding.

    This statement needs its own thread.

    I thought killers were supposed to be tough. I guess their allergies kick in if they get to close to a bush.

    Poor killers :(

  • @Seanzu said:

    I like these bushes, killers hate looping, what does a survivor do besides loop if a killer comes? They hide... now killers complain about hiding.

    Errr are you new to the game? Everyone knows once the killer has seen you that you have to run to the nearest hook and let him put you on it. If you run away, it is toxic and you're ruining the game for the killer.

  • Theres a diffwerence between a "im invisible now"-location and skillfully evading the killer's line of sight.

    Invisibility or camouflage is not stealth.

  • Ok, this proves that killers want survivors to just spawn right next to hooks and have nothing at all but an open area.

  • @nicnc82 said:

    Ok, this proves that killers want survivors to just spawn right next to hooks and have nothing at all but an open area.

    No, I dont.

    Entitled people want easy games. On both sides.

    SOME killers are mad that people can hide now. When they were until this release mad that looping was the only thing survivors do.

    SOME survivors complain that the EGC isnt fair because with 1 gen done and hatch closed in a 1v1, you're basically screwed. When it was added because they were sick of survivors standing there afraid to even go for hatch and refuse to do gens for 45 mins.

    Certain people will be like this everywhere, it has nothing to do with a specific side. It just happens that they play a specific side.

  • @Mat_Sella said:

    its almost like stealth is relevant again. I see no issue here.

    Right? How many anti stealth abilities do killers have? Killers get breakable walls god forbid survs get some new hiding spots. Killers get to be invisible or in all black. But not survs. Survs arent allowed to have any fun with effective stealthing!

  • Theres gotta be spots for the survivors to hide, if the killers can stalk through walls and have all these perks to find the survivor and see them across the map. Shouldn't the survivor be able to hide and be completely covered, if they stay too long the crows circle so its not like they can stay there forever.

  • I've started walking through those bushes as killer, sometimes you bump into stuff that feels like it shouldn't be there.

    https://youtu.be/hgofVeW58U4


  • @CaptainCastle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1155714#Comment_1155714

    Are you being serious right now kid? I can't expect a developer who comments on a thread to, you know, actually respond to the thread?

    Aren't there overpriced cosmetics you should be simping over lol

    Yes, you CANNOT EXPECT A SINGLE EMPLOYEE TO REPRESENT THE DECISIONS OF AN ENTIRE TEAM.

    The dev said that it is something they will work on. That is what they are qualified to publicly state. Want more examples to why you cannot?

    What you're asking, is a McDonalds burgerflipper to give commentary on which cows are selected for the beef and why.

    What you're asking, is a retail employee why your store sells an item for a higher price than other stores.

    What you're asking, is asking your police officer on why certain laws are being made.

    Why not? Because its on a public forum, and any comment they make that disagrees with the rest of their team could cost them their job, because its not their job to leave public commentary, because they are not representatives. THAT is why you cannot expect a single developer to answer a question that could be taken as the statement of the entire development team.

  • btw, do you ever test your updates or you leave it for the test server? yes or yes? 😁

‹ 1 2