The audacity of survivors bringing toolboxes

It is ridiculous people still bring toolboxes with the absurd speed of gens. Guess you want to be dodged.

Comments

  • @McLightning said:

    There's a perk for that.

    But that's countered by an even stronger survivor perk. : P

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072112#Comment_1072112

    After your logic part, there comes the part that helps the killer. Which is, the survivor goes on without the item or the survivor wastes time to pick it up again

    WOW HOLY FUCKIGN ######### DUDE, meanwhile 3 other toolboxes were used and you should be busy chasing somebody else so there is enough time to pick it back up again and go to a gen. But yeah that really is totally worth a perkslot, not.

  • Since every killer starts to lobby dodge, i switch in the last second to a green (+) toolbox, i want to waste atleast the good ones before they gonna nerf it. Even through i know how incredible fast the gens go for killer atm. Killer need more Early Game Pressure Perks like Corrupt Intervention, just better...

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072229#Comment_1072229

    WOW HOLY FUCKIGN ######### DUDE, meanwhile 3 other toolboxes were used and you should be busy chasing somebody else so there is enough time to pick it back up again and go to a gen. But yeah that really is totally worth a perkslot, not.

    WOW HOLY FUCKIGN [BAD WORD] DUDE! Totally a reason to ignore the effect just because you think it isn't worth it!!

    I rarely bring Franklins, just when I see a full team of maps/keys or 4 toolboxes. And in almost EVERY of these games I only hit people with toolboxes because they always come back to get them, which wastes more time than the bonus time they would get having the toolbox. Especially when you hit them in the middle of nowhere, you can get some easy free hits because they run out of cover with no pallets left just to get their item back.

    But keep yelling, if that's your style.

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072652#Comment_1072652

    WOW HOLY FUCKIGN [BAD WORD] DUDE! Totally a reason to ignore the effect just because you think it isn't worth it!!

    I rarely bring Franklins, just when I see a full team of maps/keys or 4 toolboxes. And in almost EVERY of these games I only hit people with toolboxes because they always come back to get them, which wastes more time than the bonus time they would get having the toolbox. Especially when you hit them in the middle of nowhere, you can get some easy free hits because they run out of cover with no pallets left just to get their item back.

    But keep yelling, if that's your style.

    Okay, makes much sense that the people with toolboxes are in the deadzones, rdy to use the toolbox at some point in the game. You act is if you get to choose which survivor you can engange, you find one and that is probably not going to be the person that has a toolbox. People who do use toolboxes, actually do split up and do multiple gens at once. By the time you will be able to go after other survivors, toolboxes have been used so your cool perk did exactly what? nothing

    Also stop tryin to bring in other items and justify franklins use on toolboxes with the effectiveness against keys. Don't know what survivors you do play against but hey, sounds legit that you have the time to check some deadzone if there is a survivor who takes back his item when you should be in a chase but ok.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072471#Comment_1072471

    As far as Franklins goes...I already explained earlier in this post why they're ineffective for countering toolboxes. I'll just copy and paste that real quick...

    The problem with Franklins is the only toolbox its countering is the one not being used. The other toolboxes are still gonna pump out gens faster until its their turn to be chased, and things like BNPs are going to get their values worth before you ever start a chase with the person holding it.

    Franklins is decent at countering medkits, since often times you can chip enough charges off it of to deny a full heal or cause the person to be unable to use the instaheal it has for the 2nd half of the chase. Its also decent at countering flashlights since those are something that is going to be used midchase, meaning no blinding at pallets after you smack it out of their hand. Against toolboxes and keys though...Franklins doesnt do much.

    As far as rarity of toolboxes goes, its pretty hard to gauge that since they can be used for multiple trials and even found in chests IN the trial. If you can use the same toolbox for 5 trials, can you really compare that rarity against killer addons that are for 1 time uses? As far as slowdown perks go...generally a killer has to work toward building those up throughout the trial, as opposed to the instant boost gained from a toolbox. If you wanted to have a similar comparison to most killer slowdown perks, you could look towards the perk autodidact in that you have to work towards a powerful affect that you dont just get access to. The speed boost from autodidact can then be very similar in nature to the slowdown of something like dying light.

    Just used Autodidact, as a matter of fact. What a coincidence. Imagine being able to do almost a whole ass gen with one skill check, oh man.

    I'd argue that Franklin's can actually be pretty useful against toolboxes, but it requires effort and maybe even skill, unlike old Ruin. Survivors waste a lot of time looking for those toolboxes after they drop them. I sometimes bring in a brown toolbox just to try to bait out the Franklin's. There are also hook sabotaging challenges, don't forget. How dare survivors try to get bloodpoints! That's only for killers who have the chance to get double bp every game with BBQ.

    What's your excuse for all the other perks that slow down gens since you think Franklin's doesn't work?

  • @altruistic said:

    Rift challenge - “Repair 10 generators.”

    tHe AuDaCiTy!!!

    literally the easiest challenge in the game

    you need help with that?

  • @meatisadelicacy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072509#Comment_1072509

    Just used Autodidact, as a matter of fact. What a coincidence. Imagine being able to do almost a whole ass gen with one skill check, oh man.

    I'd argue that Franklin's can actually be pretty useful against toolboxes, but it requires effort and maybe even skill, unlike old Ruin. Survivors waste a lot of time looking for those toolboxes after they drop them. I sometimes bring in a brown toolbox just to try to bait out the Franklin's. There are also hook sabotaging challenges, don't forget. How dare survivors try to get bloodpoints! That's only for killers who have the chance to get double bp every game with BBQ.

    What's your excuse for all the other perks that slow down gens since you think Franklin's doesn't work?

    Im gonna specify again since you simplified what I said... Franklins doesnt work at countering toolboxes, not that it doesnt work at all. As far as killer slowdown perks, they're often times equal in power as many survivor speed up perks. While a killer can apply thana to slowdown survivors for being injured for example, resilience can speed up the same survivor for being injured. The numbers with Thana can vary abit depending on how many survivors are injured (and alive), but other than that I think its a decent comparison.

    I dont know why your bringing up BPs in a conversation about toolboxes since the 2 dont go hand in hand at all.

  • @Hopesfall said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072556#Comment_1072556

    literally the easiest challenge in the game

    you need help with that?

    Still encourages people to try to get the challenge done ASAP to move on to the next one. Just like someone might bring perks like empathy, we'll make it or botany knowledge for a healing challenge, or a killer might bring a mori for a kill all 4 survivors by any means necessary challenge.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072074#Comment_1072074

    But that's countered by an even stronger survivor perk. : P

    Franklin's Demise is countered by a stronger perk?

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    The audacity of killers bringing moris/noed. I guess you want salt or dcs or whatever.

    This is what I mean by negative, but that's why they bring moris, to get rid of unfavorable Survivors or items, I don't know a Killer who just brings a Mori cause why not.

  • The audacity of people to play the game!

  • Two or more toolboxes = I bring an ebony mori. It's helpful insurance to have in case two gens pop while getting one hook. I can get someone out of the game ASAP and give myself a fighting chance to win. I don't use it if I'm keeping pace nicely though. TTV or obvious 4-man get the mori no matter what though. That's my rule

  • I can still 4k regardless of how many gens were done, I never lobby dodge, I don't mori unless death hook if I bring one and I don't camp nor tunnel, no NOED, never used Ruin, Trapper and GF mains Rank 1 xbox

    Just saying...

  • Tunneling the toolboxers! Or Franklin them and facecamp 😃

  • Meh, if they wanna bring in toolboxes and rush through gens, I let them. They'll be really bored; I have no gen slowdown perks so the game will be over before the second chase is done. Wow, all four escape with only two survivors even knowing who the killer is, what an exciting challenge for them. -shrugs-

    I don't really care what people bring in usually, but I'll dodge the lobby if someone tries to switch to an item at the last second. The funny thing is I would've been fine with the item if they hadn't done that.

  • Yes, how dare they use the items they spent their blood points on. That's like saying how dare a killer bring his best addons. I don't bother bringing items anymore. The only exception is a med kit, or rarely a map.

  • I see 4 purple skin survivors with tool boxes = Dodged.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    I mean, they paid for it, so....Why not use the Stuff they spent BPs on? Especially since they get nerfed.

    Why do you spread lies? They are looking into them and have confirmed it is not necessarily a nerf... Just wait and see

  • @Snapshot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072195#Comment_1072195

    Why do you spread lies? They are looking into them and have confirmed it is not necessarily a nerf... Just wait and see

    I am 100% sure that they will not be buffed.

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072685#Comment_1072685

    Okay, makes much sense that the people with toolboxes are in the deadzones, rdy to use the toolbox at some point in the game. You act is if you get to choose which survivor you can engange, you find one and that is probably not going to be the person that has a toolbox. People who do use toolboxes, actually do split up and do multiple gens at once. By the time you will be able to go after other survivors, toolboxes have been used so your cool perk did exactly what? nothing

    Also stop tryin to bring in other items and justify franklins use on toolboxes with the effectiveness against keys. Don't know what survivors you do play against but hey, sounds legit that you have the time to check some deadzone if there is a survivor who takes back his item when you should be in a chase but ok.

    I said when I use Franklins and what happens when I do. If you have such a problem with me being too detailed, just cut the keys line, doesn't change what I tried say. I'm just describing what happens when you use Franklins against items that the survivors don't want to give up.

    And deadzones are created by dropping pallets around there, where you get the hits -> where the toolboxes are dropped by Franklins. And survivors that don't give up their items get back to these deadzones.

    "People who do use toolboxes, actually do split up" Alright. So you never saw people sitting on a gen with 2 toolboxes to push it through in 30 seconds? And if I tell you that I see exactly that, you probably tell me in what ######### ranks I play, making your generous "all survivors play identical" argument valid again. So I guess I just don't argue with you...

    Btw when they split up, there are 4 of 7 gens being worked on. Means you find them quickly and have a high chance to interrupt them, getting multiple hits. Even better regarding the usage of Franklins. And just to remember: I don't say and never did that Franklins is the ultimate toolbox counter. I just said that 4-toolbox-spam groups tend to love their items and screw up themselves to keep them. That's all.

    Looking forward to your salt and where you find spots to pour it on.

  • I will laugh when tool boxes get buffed to just open the gate immediately

  • If you're the type of killer that will lobby dodge over a toolbox I feel like I came out on the winning end of that exchange

  • I can't bear to bring in toolboxes most of the time. I don't want to make the Killer dread a match before it even starts. I don't play Killer to rank up, so I can only imagine the dread and frustration looking at a lobby and seeing everyone carrying something.

    Ultimately, I ended up using a few toolboxes for the 'four gens in one match with dark sense' business done, then a couple more doing the hook sabotage for Tome II, but it seems silly to bring them in with gens flying as they do.

    When I'm Doc (which is pretty much all the Killer I play) and I see four medkits/flashlights/toolboxes, I put on Overwhelming Presence so the item consumption rate goes up and Survivors get minimal use from their items. I don't have Franklin's Demise, so it's my next best tool.

  • I've heard killers say 2 toolboxes = mori a lot.

    I go into lobbies empty handed.

  • That's a hard and fast rule for me. 2+ toolboxes = ebony mori

  • Plunderer's. It highlights dropped items as auras.

  • That's not a complete counter, but yeah, fair enough.

  • But it also increases the rarity of found items, so I'd consider it stronger. The amount of Red keys I've found with that perk alone...

  • I don't really bring toolboxes because I just find them really boring. Woo, I do thing faster. Would much rather have a medkit or even map/flashlight to be honest, they're more fun to use. But what's with language like "audacity"? They're in the game (and according to the devs getting looked at/nerfed), don't blame players for game balance issues.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    What happened to “it’s not your responsibility to make sure the other side has fun”?

    Shhh, that's a... flexible statement. It's only valid when it's convenient 😉

1 2 ›