Injured survivors vs Spirit

So we all know that Iron Will hard counters Spirit right?

Well there are the occasions that a survivor doesn't have Iron Will and it's a Spirit.

They can do fine against her until they're injured, they are now a massive pain beacon for her to come kill.

My idea was for there to be a bit more fairness for the injured survivor but not stripping Spirit of too much of her strength.

My idea was to make survivors injured audio omni-directional (Can't discern where they actually are) when she is phasing.

I know what you're thinking. "You're essentially nerfing Spirit", that's not my intention and there's more to it.

After a period of time during her phase, the survivor sounds will become directional again. This idea was to make it so the injured survivor at least has a bigger chance to kind of give the Spirit the slip.

What are your thoughts on this idea? Is it good or bad?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    So we all know that Iron Will hard counters Spirit right?

    Well there are the occasions that a survivor doesn't have Iron Will and it's a Spirit.

    They can do fine against her until they're injured, they are now a massive pain beacon for her to come kill.

    My idea was for there to be a bit more fairness for the injured survivor but not stripping Spirit of too much of her strength.

    My idea was to make survivors injured audio omni-directional (Can't discern where they actually are) when she is phasing.

    I know what you're thinking. "You're essentially nerfing Spirit", that's not my intention and there's more to it.

    After a period of time during her phase, the survivor sounds will become directional again. This idea was to make it so the injured survivor at least has a bigger chance to kind of give the Spirit the slip.

    What are your thoughts on this idea? Is it good or bad?

    Spirit is one of the only killers that punishes you when you're injured, it's the survivors fault they are injured and they should be much more alert when they are healthy so they are not hit.

    Its not unfair, you simply have to delay the first hit as much as possible, similar to oni.

  • @WRussoW said:

    Sound directions are really important when you play as the Spirit. That's part of a reason why Stridor actually hurts her, sounds become so loud you can't determine the direction of it. It's so loud you can't even hear clearly footsteps! If you want to test your change, equip Stridor and play.

    I don't have any issues with stridor and directional with her, maybe your sound programs or headsrt?

  • @DepressedClownMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008287#Comment_1008287

    I don't have any issues with stridor and directional with her, maybe your sound programs or headsrt?

    Well, if you don't rely on sounds that much, good for you.

  • They spent 30k to make the Spirit. They're not changing her again any time soon, even if the only thing you need to play her properly is to plug in your headphones.

  • @WRussoW said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008369#Comment_1008369

    Well, if you don't rely on sounds that much, good for you.

    I said I don't have any issues with the sound quality on my setup. It was never even mentioned whether I rely or not on game sounds

  • Please stfu! Spirit is already having audio problems that i'm sure the devs are fine with and not concerned about fixing any time soon

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008194#Comment_1008194

    I'd rather the Spirit's phasing sound to survivors not be omnidirectional and you could actually tell where it's coming from. If they also made it so you'd hear her phasing sounds while in a chase or her terror radius that would also be enough for survivors imo. Prayer beads can change the phasing sound back to the way it is now.

    I almost wanted to slap you through the internet. Her sounds were directional during her PTB. Survivors were able to pinpoint her exact location and dodge every phase strike she tried to land. No. The only change I suggest is to make her move grass while phasing, and remove the interaction between Stridor and Iron Will. Stridor should not make Iron Will pointless. Someone did mention a "blue scratch mark" idea that I thought was pretty interesting, or making her shards glow when she's charging up her power. I'm all for survivors (especially solo) having information as long as it doesn't render a killer's powers useless.

    @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008198#Comment_1008198

    Don't let the same old people see your suggestions.

    They're gonna flip

    Too late.

  • @MigrantTheGreat said:

    Please stfu! Spirit is already having audio problems that i'm sure the devs are fine with and not concerned about fixing any time soon

    IMG_20200103_225712.jpg


  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008224#Comment_1008224

    The issue of our discussion is: Do we have a good survivor : killer ratio or not? I'm presenting very simple facts.

    You could not be getting matched with those people you were facing before because nowadays everybody is getting matched with everybody. This heavily decreases your chances of getting matched against the same people.

    "I mean, its kinda sad to go over some parts of the post, without ignoring the others. Seems like keeping the narrative is more important than having an actual discussion."

    So, will you now explain why you get instant matches as a killer, no matter whether you are yellow or red?

    Red: Many players in Red Ranks, also due to SWF-Changes.

    Yellow: According to my friend, who is yellow Rank Killer, he needs far longer than Red Rank Survivor....Soo....

  • People say that stridor is bad for Spirit , yet 90% of spirits I face in red ranks are using it (even I run it cause I know it's an easy mode) .

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    So we all know that Iron Will hard counters Spirit right?

    Well there are the occasions that a survivor doesn't have Iron Will and it's a Spirit.

    They can do fine against her until they're injured, they are now a massive pain beacon for her to come kill.

    My idea was for there to be a bit more fairness for the injured survivor but not stripping Spirit of too much of her strength.

    My idea was to make survivors injured audio omni-directional (Can't discern where they actually are) when she is phasing.

    I know what you're thinking. "You're essentially nerfing Spirit", that's not my intention and there's more to it.

    After a period of time during her phase, the survivor sounds will become directional again. This idea was to make it so the injured survivor at least has a bigger chance to kind of give the Spirit the slip.

    What are your thoughts on this idea? Is it good or bad?

    it's bad enough the audio is bugged so sometimes when you are injured you emit no sound at all, not even footsteps. and because this dev team is survivor biased it has taken them MONTHS to fix sound bug #8, this is not the first time it has happened

  • I feel bad for OP. Gets attacked for suggesting a QoL change.

  • We don't have a "good" survivor to killer ratio because you're being paired with the people closest to you more so than you are being paired by your rank. Considering the issues with how dedicated servers act I would be very grateful for that.The russian roulette with hit boxes, vaults, etc. only gets worse with higher pings.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008233#Comment_1008233

    Red: Many players in Red Ranks, also due to SWF-Changes.

    Yellow: According to my friend, who is yellow Rank Killer, he needs far longer than Red Rank Survivor....Soo....

    Sorry to hear that your friend has problems finding matches!

    That aside, that's not what I'm hearing from others, so it's interesting. Would your friend mind to tell us more details like his rank, his area, his queue time and which ranks he is getting matched against?

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    So we all know that Iron Will hard counters Spirit right?

    Well there are the occasions that a survivor doesn't have Iron Will and it's a Spirit.

    They can do fine against her until they're injured, they are now a massive pain beacon for her to come kill.

    My idea was for there to be a bit more fairness for the injured survivor but not stripping Spirit of too much of her strength.

    My idea was to make survivors injured audio omni-directional (Can't discern where they actually are) when she is phasing.

    I know what you're thinking. "You're essentially nerfing Spirit", that's not my intention and there's more to it.

    After a period of time during her phase, the survivor sounds will become directional again. This idea was to make it so the injured survivor at least has a bigger chance to kind of give the Spirit the slip.

    What are your thoughts on this idea? Is it good or bad?

    The devs cant get the normal sounds right, they have been broken forever.. and you want them to do a partial sound change... oh lord.. everyone will end up with built in iron will lol

  • @silverwolf4455 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/121435/injured-survivors-vs-spirit

    The devs cant get the normal sounds right, they have been broken forever.. and you want them to do a partial sound change... oh lord.. everyone will end up with built in iron will lol

    That's already a bug XD.

    Sometimes a survivor will get hit and they won't make any injured sounds until they crouch

  • Have you ever played Spirit? Is not that easy to track injuried survivor as you think, with the music blending with crackles and other environmental sounds blasting your ears. Iron Will is the only counter to Spirit, unless the player who runs it has Stridor or is good at tracking blood stains.

  • The audio currently is complete trash.

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    So we all know that Iron Will hard counters Spirit right?

    Well there are the occasions that a survivor doesn't have Iron Will and it's a Spirit.

    They can do fine against her until they're injured, they are now a massive pain beacon for her to come kill.

    My idea was for there to be a bit more fairness for the injured survivor but not stripping Spirit of too much of her strength.

    My idea was to make survivors injured audio omni-directional (Can't discern where they actually are) when she is phasing.

    I know what you're thinking. "You're essentially nerfing Spirit", that's not my intention and there's more to it.

    After a period of time during her phase, the survivor sounds will become directional again. This idea was to make it so the injured survivor at least has a bigger chance to kind of give the Spirit the slip.

    What are your thoughts on this idea? Is it good or bad?

    trash, delete thread

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1009368#Comment_1009368

    Sorry to hear that your friend has problems finding matches!

    That aside, that's not what I'm hearing from others, so it's interesting. Would your friend mind to tell us more details like his rank, his area, his queue time and which ranks he is getting matched against?

    A friend of mine who is yellow rank killer usually has 2 situations:

    1. Gets quick lobbies, but all 4 survivors are red rank.
    2. Needs to wait 10minutes, and get 4 survivors in green yellow ranks. Generally no brown ranks ever.
  • Killers have already been nerfed with the audio bug that everyone talks about but doesn't seem to be identifed as one by BHVR.

    When everyone was playing spirit iron will was a great perk to use but seems we get it for free depending on if you're the one bugged.

    What is it with nerfing killers aren't they supposed to be difficult?

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1009368#Comment_1009368

    Sorry to hear that your friend has problems finding matches!

    That aside, that's not what I'm hearing from others, so it's interesting. Would your friend mind to tell us more details like his rank, his area, his queue time and which ranks he is getting matched against?

    He is currently Rank 15 and usually only plays Killer for Dailies if he has to or for the Archive Challenges. Other than that, complete Survivor Main (So I dont think he cares that much for his Waiting Times).

    Queue Time: 10 minutes+, but not that much longer than 10 minutes

    Area: Well, he lives in my town, so Western Germany (Ruhrgebiet)

    Players he gets matched with: Mostly around his Rank, but also purples from time to time

  • Look up any game vs Spirit you can see for yourself. It was a heated topic back in the day.

  • @andyollolloll said:

    Killers have already been nerfed with the audio bug that everyone talks about but doesn't seem to be identifed as one by BHVR.

    When everyone was playing spirit iron will was a great perk to use but seems we get it for free depending on if you're the one bugged.

    What is it with nerfing killers aren't they supposed to be difficult?

    What is the audio bug? I have only ever noticed it on downed survivors, who don't make noise on the ground. So it's mostly irrelevant unless you are trying to find a slug.

    Other than that, the sounds have been working fine for me.

  • @Apple2o said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010707#Comment_1010707

    What is the audio bug? I have only ever noticed it on downed survivors, who don't make noise on the ground. So it's mostly irrelevant unless you are trying to find a slug.

    Other than that, the sounds have been working fine for me.

    It's a bug that makes it to where you cannot hear an injured or dying survivor even when they are close to you or even a survivor when they are running near you. It can be very inconsistent at times.

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    So we all know that Iron Will hard counters Spirit right?

    Well there are the occasions that a survivor doesn't have Iron Will and it's a Spirit.

    They can do fine against her until they're injured, they are now a massive pain beacon for her to come kill.

    My idea was for there to be a bit more fairness for the injured survivor but not stripping Spirit of too much of her strength.

    My idea was to make survivors injured audio omni-directional (Can't discern where they actually are) when she is phasing.

    I know what you're thinking. "You're essentially nerfing Spirit", that's not my intention and there's more to it.

    After a period of time during her phase, the survivor sounds will become directional again. This idea was to make it so the injured survivor at least has a bigger chance to kind of give the Spirit the slip.

    What are your thoughts on this idea? Is it good or bad?

    No, it's fine how it is

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    So we all know that Iron Will hard counters Spirit right?

    Well there are the occasions that a survivor doesn't have Iron Will and it's a Spirit.

    They can do fine against her until they're injured, they are now a massive pain beacon for her to come kill.

    My idea was for there to be a bit more fairness for the injured survivor but not stripping Spirit of too much of her strength.

    My idea was to make survivors injured audio omni-directional (Can't discern where they actually are) when she is phasing.

    I know what you're thinking. "You're essentially nerfing Spirit", that's not my intention and there's more to it.

    After a period of time during her phase, the survivor sounds will become directional again. This idea was to make it so the injured survivor at least has a bigger chance to kind of give the Spirit the slip.

    What are your thoughts on this idea? Is it good or bad?

    C'mon man. Sounds on her are already bugged right now. And you want her nerfed again. She currently has no post phase lunge, she'sblind when phasing. And you want to basically give all survivors a ventriloquist act?

  • @Clevite said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/121435/injured-survivors-vs-spirit

    C'mon man. Sounds on her are already bugged right now. And you want her nerfed again. She currently has no post phase lunge, she'sblind when phasing. And you want to basically give all survivors a ventriloquist act?

    I love how literally everyone is saying how she is NOW.

    I know she's bugged, I know her post phase lunge is bugged but they're bugs and WILL BE FIXED.

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1011106#Comment_1011106

    I love how literally everyone is saying how she is NOW.

    I know she's bugged, I know her post phase lunge is bugged but they're bugs and WILL BE FIXED.

    Even after she is fixed she's a shadow of her previous abilities. She's no longer the powerhouse she was. Please BHVR leave her alone.

  • @konchok said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1011122#Comment_1011122

    Even after she is fixed she's a shadow of her previous abilities. She's no longer the powerhouse she was. Please BHVR leave her alone.

    Her stupid add ons were changed.

    She no longer has collision which makes sense because she's A GHOST FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

    The window vault change was dumb.

    Her dull, boring, fun and interactive "mindgames" are still there.

    She's still a powerhouse

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1011106#Comment_1011106

    I love how literally everyone is saying how she is NOW.

    I know she's bugged, I know her post phase lunge is bugged but they're bugs and WILL BE FIXED.

    We've waited a long time for these fixes. Plus if you get injured it is supposed to be to the killers benefit. There are plenty of survivors that have no problem looping even the spirit.

    This is just another cry for nerfing a strong killer. Should pig not hear when crouching, or gf or wraith for that matter?

    Appreciate you getting a discussion going but I can't get on board with this idea.

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1011125#Comment_1011125

    Her stupid add ons were changed.

    She no longer has collision which makes sense because she's A GHOST FOR CRYING OUT LOUD.

    The window vault change was dumb.

    Her dull, boring, fun and interactive "mindgames" are still there.

    She's still a powerhouse

    She's a powerhouse if you never played her and bothered to memorize her addons. Other than that, she plays out like every other killer, meaning it's on you to read how the player responds to certain loops and such, meaning you're still very much in control. So what it sounds like is you're just bad and aren't willing to put the effort in to learn her limits.

  • @EZ5k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1011129#Comment_1011129

    She's a powerhouse if you never played her and bothered to memorize her addons. Other than that, she plays out like every other killer, meaning it's on you to read how the player responds to certain loops and such, meaning you're still very much in control. So what it sounds like is you're just bad and aren't willing to put the effort in to learn her limits.

    She is one of the strongest killers in the game.

    If you can't see this I suggest you go and play as her and against her

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1011184#Comment_1011184

    She is one of the strongest killers in the game.

    If you can't see this I suggest you go and play as her and against her

    I do both already, and frequently survive as well. The trick is literally knowing the duration on the power, and then stacking that knowledge with god loop areas, where she still struggles. Once you run that power down, she's an M1 killer. A ton of people stand there and camp the pallet for an easy hit instead of walking away the second she's in phase.

  • @EZ5k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1011196#Comment_1011196

    I do both already, and frequently survive as well. The trick is literally knowing the duration on the power, and then stacking that knowledge with god loop areas, where she still struggles. Once you run that power down, she's an M1 killer. A ton of people stand there and camp the pallet for an easy hit instead of walking away the second she's in phase.

    I'm not among the ones that camp pallets but I will admit that I haven't memorized her power's duration.

    I know her add ons.

    There's Mother-Daughter ring, Father's glasses, Anal beads, Yakuyoke amulet and the rest are just speed, duration, lunge and cooldown

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1011210#Comment_1011210

    I'm not among the ones that camp pallets but I will admit that I haven't memorized her power's duration.

    I know her add ons.

    There's Mother-Daughter ring, Father's glasses, Anal beads, Yakuyoke amulet and the rest are just speed, duration, lunge and cooldown

    Base duration is 5 or 6 seconds, with addons it goes up to like 7 or 8. If you can't waste 5-8 seconds at a loop not camping a pallet then idk what to tell people.

  • @EZ5k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1011215#Comment_1011215

    Base duration is 5 or 6 seconds, with addons it goes up to like 7 or 8. If you can't waste 5-8 seconds at a loop not camping a pallet then idk what to tell people.

    Sometimes I do manage to outrun her power but it doesn't feel rewarding at all.

    I just luckily outguessed her and now I'll be guessing again in 10-15 seconds.

    I just don't find her a healthy addition for the game

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1011221#Comment_1011221

    Sometimes I do manage to outrun her power but it doesn't feel rewarding at all.

    I just luckily outguessed her and now I'll be guessing again in 10-15 seconds.

    I just don't find her a healthy addition for the game

    I don't find 90% of survivor mechanics healthy additions despite playing both. You wouldn't be dealing with "unhealthy" mechanics and killers if they knew how to properly balance the core of an asymmetrical game. Having played for a few years now, post ruin nerf, we're back in the same spot we were before they realized that infinites were a bad thing. There's entire maps you can waste 5 gens worth of time on.

  • @EZ5k said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1011226#Comment_1011226

    I don't find 90% of survivor mechanics healthy additions despite playing both. You wouldn't be dealing with "unhealthy" mechanics and killers if they knew how to properly balance the core of an asymmetrical game. Having played for a few years now, post ruin nerf, we're back in the same spot we were before they realized that infinites were a bad thing. There's entire maps you can waste 5 gens worth of time on.

    90%?

    That's a high percent. Does that include healing, vaulting, pallets and everything that makes survivors... well... survivors?

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1011233#Comment_1011233

    90%?

    That's a high percent. Does that include healing, vaulting, pallets and everything that makes survivors... well... survivors?

    No, it's largely a combination of base game mechanics that stack up into a tower of bad design.

    For example, pallets intended purpose was to stun the killer and give you time to juke, that got turned into looping, which is still insanely prevalent and dull to play against with your only counter being a trap at the pallet or hoping they're stupid enough to make multiple mistakes in a single chase. Add that in with 131-192 second gen speeds, and it's incredibly easy to waste the entirety of a match in a few jungle gyms and safe loops or even a single building. Stack that with the second, third, and fourth chance meta and the killer becomes nothing more than a punching bag once you learn how to stack the mechanics in a 1v1.

    Literally nothing in this game requires you to respect the killers presence other than maybe devour hope, noed, and make your choice, other than that, the only threat to you as a survivor is your own ability to not make mistakes.

  • Maybe I’m a physic but I always find ways to play against Spirit while my teammates go down quickly :/

    I don’t think she needs nerfed since she is still counter able.

  • The audio in this game is horrible and Iron Will is the counter you're looking for.

    Why add a basekit to counter spirit? it makes no sense.

    Bad idea, just run iron will. no need for base ironwill, spirit is perfectly jukeable if you have iron will, and if you're an absolute madman running iron will and lightfeet, then jesus, do she really needs more nerfs?

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    @Aven_Fallen Just look at the facts. Following your logic, green and yellow ranked killers would have long queue times, because the SWF change brought an increased need of red and purple rank killers. But that is not the case. It doesn't matter whether you are a red or yellow killer, you will get your instant match.

    And the change didn't happen suddenly. It was a constant development over several months.

    I play on pc and I can say that the survivor queue times went from seconds to several minutes with the matchmaking changes. It was a pretty sudden change, it started happening the moment that patch came out.

    It could be true that many killers stopped playing but the matchmaking/rank reset changes are definitely a big part of the problem.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008210#Comment_1008210

    I play on pc and I can say that the survivor queue times went from seconds to several minutes with the matchmaking changes. It was a pretty sudden change, it started happening the moment that patch came out.

    It could be true that many killers stopped playing but the matchmaking/rank reset changes are definitely a big part of the problem.

    I'm not saying that the SWF changes are completely irrelevant. But when other people say that the lack of killers is completely made up and nonsense, then I'm going to answer back, because this is definitely a very real part of the problem.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010179#Comment_1010179

    He is currently Rank 15 and usually only plays Killer for Dailies if he has to or for the Archive Challenges. Other than that, complete Survivor Main (So I dont think he cares that much for his Waiting Times).

    Queue Time: 10 minutes+, but not that much longer than 10 minutes

    Area: Well, he lives in my town, so Western Germany (Ruhrgebiet)

    Players he gets matched with: Mostly around his Rank, but also purples from time to time

    Thanks for the info!

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010206#Comment_1010206

    That's already a bug XD.

    Sometimes a survivor will get hit and they won't make any injured sounds until they crouch

    I know right..now it will be all survivors with iron will all the time lol

1 2 ›