What Are These Survivor Queue Times (Raising Awareness)

Waiting nearly 15 minutes for a survivor match and I finally give up knowing I'll get a insta queue switching to killer. So I switch to killer ready up and not even 5 seconds in I get a freaking match. Cool. Great. Guess I'll never play survivor again.

Have they discussed this issue somewhere, are they working on this. This is the most frustrating aspect of this game right now. Drives me up a freaking wall. Any shared experiences? I know swf is much worse. Raise awareness on this issue. Sorry, just a frustrated player who loves this game.

Edit: I understand why these queue times are happening such as swf ranking and the easier to stay in high ranks now changes, I just wanna know what's being done to fix it.

Also wanted to note that I love the Devs for this game and the hard work they put into it. They are trying <3

Comments

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008580#Comment_1008580

    Well..from someone with a lot of experience..its likely true..few people want to wait for the light at the end of the tunnel..the devs keep pushing out constant killer nerfs the last couple months and I'm sure you read the initial dev post...it doesnt look like they're too concerned about how it feels to be the killer

    I think some of these "killer nerfs" get taken out of proportion. It's a grass is always greener on the other side kind of thing.

  • @PumpkinKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008582#Comment_1008582

    I think some of these "killer nerfs" get taken out of proportion. It's a grass is always greener on the other side kind of thing.

    I personally disagree..the ruin change however could finally result in much needed killer improvements..actual results for once

  • Killers aren't happy with new changes so they are either on the break/left or went to play survivor insted resulting in really long survivor que times and extremely short killer ones.

    Pretty simple to figure that one out. Also matchmaking is as broken as always so that too.

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008629#Comment_1008629

    I personally disagree..the ruin change however could finally result in much needed killer improvements..actual results for once

    That's understandable. Yeah definitely killer improvements. I'm really excited for that aspect. I played maybe 5 games without ruin today and it went fine. Blood warden for the win haha.

  • @EverflowingRiver said:

    Idk why they don't use the average of the survivors rank to find the killer. Seems to be the most fair way to do it.

    That bugged out their spaghetti code

  • Hey. I love Spaghetti. Leave it alone haha.

  • @Kebek said:

    Killers aren't happy with new changes so they are either on the break/left or went to play survivor insted resulting in really long survivor que times and extremely short killer ones.

    Pretty simple to figure that one out. Also matchmaking is as broken as always so that too.

    I guess I just don't know any other killers that play the role. I enjoy killer and survivor I don't mind the changes.i get why some people are upset by some changes but that's how multilayer games go.

  • Sometimes it be like that.

  • @PumpkinKing said:

    Waiting nearly 15 minutes for a survivor match and I finally give up knowing I'll get a insta queue switching to killer. So I switch to killer ready up and not even 5 seconds in I get a freaking match. Cool. Great. Guess I'll never play survivor again.

    Have they discussed this issue somewhere, are they working on this. This is the most frustrating aspect of this game right now. Drives me up a freaking wall. Any shared experiences? I know swf is much worse. Raise awareness on this issue. Sorry, just a frustrated player who loves this game.

    Edit: I understand why these queue times are happening such as swf ranking and the easier to stay in high ranks now changes, I just wanna know what's being done to fix it.

    Also wanted to note that I love the Devs for this game and the hard work they put into it. They are trying <3

    the issue is, not enough killers. reason?

    1. bad balance
    2. bad map design
    3. red rank survivors
    4. ruin nerf

    all these make killers stressed AF, ruin BARELY made it bearable, if it didn't die in 30 seconds or less. with no ruin. there is no bandaid for this game, BHVR has ripped It off without applying a fix

  • @Endstille said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008450#Comment_1008450

    Define plenty please. 80% did use it. Somehow we only have people here that claim they played for ages without ruin and all but yeah.. must be those 20% here.

    I am sure you can do an estimate of how many there are.

    Actually only 45% of killers used it. The 80% was specifically red ranks.

  • @PumpkinKing said:

    Does anyone know if the devs have talked about this issue at all? Are they aware?

    You bet they are aware, this is one of the most discussed issues.

    They haven't acknowledged the reason for the long survivor queue times, however. If it was just because of the SWF changes and the easy ranking up for survivors, they could have solved this weeks ago by just removing the matchmaking restrictions.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008550#Comment_1008550

    You bet they are aware, this is one of the most discussed issues.

    They haven't acknowledged the reason for the long survivor queue times, however. If it was just because of the SWF changes and the easy ranking up for survivors, they could have solved this weeks ago by just lifting the matchmaking restrictions.

    I feel like it is that reason exactly.

    And BHVR could've done a lot of things weeks ago, they just usually don't.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010201#Comment_1010201

    I feel like it is that reason exactly.

    And BHVR could've done a lot of things weeks ago, they just usually don't.

    But they did act here, they softened the matchmaking restrictions: Now rank 15 killers are getting matched against red rank survs.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010216#Comment_1010216

    But they did act here, they softened the matchmaking restrictions: Now rank 15 killers are getting matched against red rank survs.

    That's not even intentional. They said there's a bug right now where the game incorrectly identifies the killer's rank.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010228#Comment_1010228

    That's not even intentional. They said there's a bug right now where the game incorrectly identifies the killer's rank.

    A bug where the game isn't able to see the killer's rank? Going on since last year and the devs are unable to fix? When did they say that?

  • @csandman1977 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008503#Comment_1008503

    Actually only 45% of killers used it. The 80% was specifically red ranks.

    Oh yeah I completely forgot the 80% was a red tank statistic. Blows my mind haha.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010231#Comment_1010231

    A bug where the game isn't able to see the killer's rank? Going on since last year and the devs are unable to fix? When did they say that?

    I don't remember the date but it was in a QnA stream. They better have figured it out with this mid chapter patch. And they better figure out queue times too. Lobby simulator is only fun for so long.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010228#Comment_1010228

    That's not even intentional. They said there's a bug right now where the game incorrectly identifies the killer's rank.

    That's a big yikes. Poor Grey rank killers :/

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010235#Comment_1010235

    I don't remember the date but it was in a QnA stream. They better have figured it out with this mid chapter patch. And they better figure out queue times too. Lobby simulator is only fun for so long.

    Well I hope they acknowledge it again, in a more public manner addressing the issue. It's just frustrating.

  • @PumpkinKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008861#Comment_1008861

    That's understandable. Yeah definitely killer improvements. I'm really excited for that aspect. I played maybe 5 games without ruin today and it went fine. Blood warden for the win haha.

    Lol fair enough

  • Remember that horrible bug that matched red Ranks with 18 rank killers. Boy oh boy that was a time.

  • @csandman1977 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008503#Comment_1008503

    Actually only 45% of killers used it. The 80% was specifically red ranks.

    I was talking about red ranks thus the 80%

  • Not long ago they adjusted matchmaking because of SWF or something and now solo queue times are way longer. Add in how often people DC or suicide and it makes for a wonderfully fun experience :)

  • This is what happens when you upset half of your base. Doesn't matter if the changes are good or bad, the majority of the killer community either does or will feel like it is a terrible change and a bias one at that, again it doesn't matter if it is true or not, what matters is people's perception of it. If you read their original post when the changes for ruin/doc were announced it seemed extremely bias for survivors, that effects the people who main killer in a negative way. Like it or not, this kind of thing will make survivors have terrible que times, cause most killers will quit or change over. You made this bed, now you get to lie in it.

  • @EverflowingRiver said:

    Idk why they don't use the average of the survivors rank to find the killer. Seems to be the most fair way to do it.

    It seems that they disabled rank requirement for matchmaking and everyone plays against everyone now and there is still not enough killers playing.

  • @DeadByMemelight said:

    Not long ago they adjusted matchmaking because of SWF or something and now solo queue times are way longer. Add in how often people DC or suicide and it makes for a wonderfully fun experience :)

    Exactly, this causes some really bad "features":

    Now the rank of the "searched" killer for a SWF is (theoretically) equal to the highest rank within the SWF. I dont know how much Dwights and Megs with Rank 17-19 i´ve seen the last few weeks, crawling round the mapborder, cause they were playing as SWF.

    1. Causes lower survivors for low rank killers, some friends who barely play killer (rank 15-20) have waited about 30-45 minutes for a match before quitting.
    2. I do not think, it´s the most fun experience to run into red rank kilers, when u r ranked somewhere between 15 and 20.

    (2) Also because of the ruin changes. Of course i can play without ruin, sometimes i get a pip, if not someone DC´s cause he was seen first, downed first, didnt like the killer he ´s playing against, or other bs reasons. Or kills himself at first hook. Even with 3 kills i got most times black pips, sometimes cause of genspeed, most times cause of DC´s.

    The point is, even a monkey with 2 braincells can hit normal skill checks, so gens usually are flying. The output is, i have to play more focused and sweatier than using ruin. Same bs as with the old nurse: i had the time to ######### around and do bs, eg. to chase a survivor around a tree, running 7-8 rounds to close up. Dont get me wrong, i actually still get my 4k´s with nurse, but i play more focused and dont ######### around. Both because i dont have the time for being funny or foolish.

  • I noticed it too. As killer Im waiting usualy from 5s to 60s, no more. But as survivor Im waiting much longer and its not instant like it was. I see it as result of constant gutting of killers so players better go play no-stress survivors.

  • @DeadByMemelight said:

    Not long ago they adjusted matchmaking because of SWF or something and now solo queue times are way longer. Add in how often people DC or suicide and it makes for a wonderfully fun experience :)

    ohhhh don't get me started on the DC and suicides. That is for a whole other post haha. Those people I can't stand.

  • @theArashi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007797#Comment_1007797

    It seems that they disabled rank requirement for matchmaking and everyone plays against everyone now and there is still not enough killers playing.

    I mean Rank reset was pretty recently so I feel like it's pure chaos for a few weeks.

  • @MarksmanSpecal said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010379#Comment_1010379

    Exactly, this causes some really bad "features":

    Now the rank of the "searched" killer for a SWF is (theoretically) equal to the highest rank within the SWF. I dont know how much Dwights and Megs with Rank 17-19 i´ve seen the last few weeks, crawling round the mapborder, cause they were playing as SWF.

    1. Causes lower survivors for low rank killers, some friends who barely play killer (rank 15-20) have waited about 30-45 minutes for a match before quitting.
    2. I do not think, it´s the most fun experience to run into red rank kilers, when u r ranked somewhere between 15 and 20.

    (2) Also because of the ruin changes. Of course i can play without ruin, sometimes i get a pip, if not someone DC´s cause he was seen first, downed first, didnt like the killer he ´s playing against, or other bs reasons. Or kills himself at first hook. Even with 3 kills i got most times black pips, sometimes cause of genspeed, most times cause of DC´s.

    The point is, even a monkey with 2 braincells can hit normal skill checks, so gens usually are flying. The output is, i have to play more focused and sweatier than using ruin. Same bs as with the old nurse: i had the time to ######### around and do bs, eg. to chase a survivor around a tree, running 7-8 rounds to close up. Dont get me wrong, i actually still get my 4k´s with nurse, but i play more focused and dont ######### around. Both because i dont have the time for being funny or foolish.

    Oh yeah the red rank match ups versus Grey ranks are always horrible either way it is split. It's a one way game at that point. As for the ruin changes, I'm excited and have done just fine not having ruin in my build on multiple characters. Can't wait to see what other builds people might use.

  • This is why I don't play Survivor much. I definitely would play Survivor a lot more than Killer, but with school, and stuff to do over the weekend, I can't afford to wait 10 minutes for each game, and another 5-15 minutes in game.

  • I hope the waiting times become even worse, so finally anybody understands the reason why the waiting times are this long...

  • Did a couple of matches yesterday with friends took us round about 10min to find a match and half of the time it was against noobs (yellow rank). Yeah fun is something else, i think we quit after 4-5 matches.

  • @PumpkinKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008450#Comment_1008450

    Yeah one thing I hope with this ruin change is the new builds people will be trying out.

    There will be a little more variety of builds, but there will be less variety of killers.

  • @PumpkinKing said:

    Waiting nearly 15 minutes for a survivor match and I finally give up knowing I'll get a insta queue switching to killer. So I switch to killer ready up and not even 5 seconds in I get a freaking match. Cool. Great. Guess I'll never play survivor again.

    Have they discussed this issue somewhere, are they working on this. This is the most frustrating aspect of this game right now. Drives me up a freaking wall. Any shared experiences? I know swf is much worse. Raise awareness on this issue. Sorry, just a frustrated player who loves this game.

    Edit: I understand why these queue times are happening such as swf ranking and the easier to stay in high ranks now changes, I just wanna know what's being done to fix it.

    Also wanted to note that I love the Devs for this game and the hard work they put into it. They are trying <3

    probably just the time of day. also make sure you have cross play enabled.

  • @Shaai1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008481#Comment_1008481

    Exactly. Lobby waits might :

    1. Be longer

    2. Pair you with lover ranks killers even more than they do now.

    what's a lover rank and can i have some? 😂 i know what you mean, just being silly sorry.

  • Wonder why? The survivor community are such dbags to killers and now, the one thing that kept survivors at bay in the early game is getting taken away from killers. This is what happens when you dont check your community and give one side whatever they want. The other side gets fed up and leaves. It's been a downward spiral for a while now and it's only going to get worse. Thank BHVR for spoiling survivors like only children.

  • @hinoutoumei said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/121411/what-are-these-survivor-queue-times-raising-awareness

    probably just the time of day. also make sure you have cross play enabled.

    Lmao uhhhh no. I see you are on pc. This is consoles. There is no crossplay and it is literally at all times in the day. Thanks for trying though.

  • Also when did rank visibility in lobbies go away? As a red rank I would like the option of leaving lobbies with rank 19's. That is also something that's been popping up a lot recently.

  • @PumpkinKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1011297#Comment_1011297

    Lmao uhhhh no. I see you are on pc. This is consoles. There is no crossplay and it is literally at all times in the day. Thanks for trying though.

    there's crossplay as far as i was aware. maybe it's just for pc. weird.

  • @HauntedMandalorian said:

    It usually takes about three to five minutes, sometimes much longer, to find a match as Survivor. As a Killer, matches come almost instantly.

    What rank are you as killer?

  • Well all survivors needs to play killer more. If there is one long line and one short when you are in the store shopping..well you know the drill.

  • That hasn't been a thing for a while. I'm kind of guessing here, but i'm assuming it was causing security issues like what happened when they had the ability to switch roles in the lobby. Also, secondarily, people would constantly just lobby hop or outright rage quit/grief matches as soon as they found out they were a higher rank than everyone in the lobby.

  • @Artyomich said:

    That's gonna be double the wait time once the Ruin nerf drops and the killer either start playing Moris left and right or just switch to Survivor since that's where the fun is.

    Killers are not required for the game, They're A.I. Welcome to the 1 hour queues.

    An A.I would be horrible. I mean Friday the 13 devs couldn’t manage to program an A.I killer. What do you expect from BHV? But regardless, it would be boring as hell after a few days and nobody would play anymore.

  • @hinoutoumei said:

    That hasn't been a thing for a while. I'm kind of guessing here, but i'm assuming it was causing security issues like what happened when they had the ability to switch roles in the lobby. Also, secondarily, people would constantly just lobby hop or outright rage quit/grief matches as soon as they found out they were a higher rank than everyone in the lobby.

    Interesting I didn’t know there was a security thing in the past with matchmaking.

  • @PumpkinKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007765#Comment_1007765

    Maybe. But I feel like it's because of the rank changes. It's a lot easier to get into the lower ranks and stay there so more survivors are in the red Ranks. And then the swf changes, the lowest rank player is the killer match so more survivors in lower ranks because of that. Hope it made sense.

    The rank changes affect both killer and survivor, so it should also make it easier for killers to get into lower ranks and stay there balancing it out.

  • @PumpkinKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1011385#Comment_1011385

    Interesting I didn’t know there was a security thing in the past with matchmaking.

    ya. you used to be able to switch between killer and survivor right in the lobby. now you have to exit out into the main menu to do so. The devs stated this was due to a security threat and other issues this was causing. I don't know all the details , pretty sure only they are privy to all the information as this is pretty much all they told us. It was a pain in the butt when they first implemented the change. Mainly because it was easier to just upgrade whatever character you were working on without having to exit to the main menu. I think it had something to do with the 2 killer glitch that was going on.

  • @hinoutoumei said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1011414#Comment_1011414

    ya. you used to be able to switch between killer and survivor right in the lobby. now you have to exit out into the main menu to do so. The devs stated this was due to a security threat and other issues this was causing. I don't know all the details , pretty sure only they are privy to all the information as this is pretty much all they told us.

    Yeah I remember the switching thing as I used that constantly and was sad to see that go I just didn’t know why. Crazy. I hope that can get fixed eventually.

1 2 3