What Are These Survivor Queue Times (Raising Awareness)

Waiting nearly 15 minutes for a survivor match and I finally give up knowing I'll get a insta queue switching to killer. So I switch to killer ready up and not even 5 seconds in I get a freaking match. Cool. Great. Guess I'll never play survivor again.

Have they discussed this issue somewhere, are they working on this. This is the most frustrating aspect of this game right now. Drives me up a freaking wall. Any shared experiences? I know swf is much worse. Raise awareness on this issue. Sorry, just a frustrated player who loves this game.

Edit: I understand why these queue times are happening such as swf ranking and the easier to stay in high ranks now changes, I just wanna know what's being done to fix it.

Also wanted to note that I love the Devs for this game and the hard work they put into it. They are trying <3

Comments

  • @adsads123123123123 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007769#Comment_1007769

    The rank changes affect both killer and survivor, so it should also make it easier for killers to get into lower ranks and stay there balancing it out.

    I know that :P I believe though that killer pips compared to survivor pips were one more in difficulty for the red rank areas. I might be wrong but yeah, hope that makes sense.

  • @Kwanghyun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007764#Comment_1007764

    An A.I would be horrible. I mean Friday the 13 devs couldn’t manage to program an A.I killer. What do you expect from BHV? But regardless, it would be boring as hell after a few days and nobody would play anymore.

    A.I. Isn't even on the table. That would indeed kill the game. So silly to think about.

  • @EverflowingRiver said:

    Idk why they don't use the average of the survivors rank to find the killer. Seems to be the most fair way to do it.

    They used to. The issue was that using the average rank of SWF, along with lax DC penalities, and the old rank reset made it super easy for high rank survivors to smurf. Trolling and harassing new killer players was frequent.

  • @Okapi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007797#Comment_1007797

    They used to. The issue was that using the average rank of SWF, along with lax DC penalities, and the old rank reset made it super easy for high rank survivors to smurf. Trolling and harassing new killer players was frequent.

    Oh yeah the trolls were ridiculous.

  • "The Ruin change will end the world"

    You watch.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    "The Ruin change will end the world"

    You watch.

    Don’t know which side of that you’re on haha. But I’m excited for the change.

  • Probably because of the current matchmaking system, not to mention when ruin comes out more killers will probably drop off for a while at least. It's so frustrating to go against full red teams as a green rank killer, so I imagine other killers around my level are experiencing the same thing and quitting or taking a break from the game. Less killers = less matches going on at once = longer queue times for survivors and super fast ones for killers.

  • Legit, I like to think I'm a main Nea, but yesterday after waiting 10mins on queue, for a match that didn't even began due to someone crashing or whatever, followed by another 5min queue, which also didn't make it through, yeah.

    I swapped to killer and got a 5s queue. lol

    I haven't been playing SWF as much now because queue times make it boring.

  • It will be worse after the nerf. I got 1k plus hours and without ruin game is pretty boring. Might play survivor instead or probly other games.

    I think this change almo is doing will be beginning of death of dbd

  • @Majora said:

    It will be worse after the nerf. I got 1k plus hours and without ruin game is pretty boring. Might play survivor instead or probly other games.

    I think this change almo is doing will be beginning of death of dbd

    I have around the same in game hours and I feel the opposite, playing as killer. Too many people rely on the perk to slow the game down for them I am excited for the change.

  • -Survivor wait times are horrendous.

    -Balancing is a joke.

    -Matching-making is totally screwed up.

    Having a break from the game. Will do me good.

  • @honestlybaffled said:

    Legit, I like to think I'm a main Nea, but yesterday after waiting 10mins on queue, for a match that didn't even began due to someone crashing or whatever, followed by another 5min queue, which also didn't make it through, yeah.

    I swapped to killer and got a 5s queue. lol

    I haven't been playing SWF as much now because queue times make it boring.

    Ugghhh yes. This is the common experience I face just solo survivor. It's painful. There are times where I am set on playing survivor because I care less than when playing killer and then I can't and it's like great guess I have to play killer.

  • After ruin, less people want to play killer. So there's are less sessions for survivors to fill.

  • My survivor que times are less than 3 minutes in rank 6. Killer at same rank is nearly 20 minutes

    I played a lot of survivor with my wife this week, unfortunately. I saw a huge amount of afk killers. Roughly 1 in 5 matches was afk.

  • yeah recently for some reason Ive been getting killer queues instantly while usually it took 10 min.

  • No ruin, no killers. some killers are giving up after that Ship that BHVR DEVS are doing

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    My survivor que times are less than 3 minutes in rank 6. Killer at same rank is nearly 20 minutes

    I played a lot of survivor with my wife this week, unfortunately. I saw a huge amount of afk killers. Roughly 1 in 5 matches was afk.

    Killer queue taking 20 minutes? Is that what you are saying? What console are you on? I press ready up as killer and bam a lobby everytime.

  • @USELESS said:

    No ruin, no killers. some killers are giving up after that Ship that BHVR DEVS are doing

    All the fuss over ruin. I personally think it isn't necessary. The perk is still there it has just changed. This will help everyone grow as killers who use this as a clutch perk.

  • @HeavenRoad said:

    yeah recently for some reason Ive been getting killer queues instantly while usually it took 10 min.

    Same experience. I can't pinpoint exactly when this change happened maybe a month ago but killer lobbies being instant while survivors take years. It's starting to get to me.

  • @Shaai1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008381#Comment_1008381

    There isn't much to be fixed about matchmaking.

    If you play in red ranks as surv, game tries to pair you with red rank killer. After some time searching and not finding any red rank killer, matchmaking break its restrictions and try to find purple killers, then green kilkers etc.

    If there was enough killers in red ranks, you wouldn't wait any time at all.

    Putting red ranks survivors against red rank killers only might double, even triple times in lobbies searching for match.

    Because pipping requirements for survivors are to lax. To many potatoes ranking up... need to make it harder.

  • @PumpkinKing said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1012032#Comment_1012032

    Killer queue taking 20 minutes? Is that what you are saying? What console are you on? I press ready up as killer and bam a lobby everytime.

    I'm on Steam, North America midwest.

    My que times have dropped below 10 minutes for the past few, but this is primetime.

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1012243#Comment_1012243

    I'm on Steam, North America midwest.

    My que times have dropped below 10 minutes for the past few, but this is primetime.

    Ahhh that is interesting that it's like that on pc. I'm on ps4. I thought it would be better on pc.

  • Whatever the true issue is, it should be top priority for BHVR. It's driving new players away from playing this game and it's causing current players to go play something else.

  • This is what happens when the developers cater to the survivors, whilst not fixing a broken matchmaking system. It is natural for people to not want to play killer when they're essentially just tools to facilitate survivor fun.

  • @StardustSpeedway said:

    Whatever the true issue is, it should be top priority for BHVR. It's driving new players away from playing this game and it's causing current players to go play something else.

    I agree. This could be what kills the game. People aren't gonna play if they have to wait 10 minutes to just get a match. They are constantly adding more cosmetics etc and I wish they would focus more so on the bugs. I know artists aren't coders and debuggers and what not but yeah. It can be frustrating.

  • @OtakuFreak said:

    This is what happens when the developers cater to the survivors, whilst not fixing a broken matchmaking system. It is natural for people to not want to play killer when they're essentially just tools to facilitate survivor fun.

    I don't think they are completely leaving killers in the dust. Certain killers have been changed but I don't think they have been overall nerfs. Just gotta wait for people to get used to the changes. If they did this "nerf" to survivors I don't think it would affect people playing survivors, as in they would quit. But who knows.

  • @PumpkinKing said:

    Waiting nearly 15 minutes for a survivor match and I finally give up knowing I'll get a insta queue switching to killer. So I switch to killer ready up and not even 5 seconds in I get a freaking match. Cool. Great. Guess I'll never play survivor again.

    Have they discussed this issue somewhere, are they working on this. This is the most frustrating aspect of this game right now. Drives me up a freaking wall. Any shared experiences? I know swf is much worse. Raise awareness on this issue. Sorry, just a frustrated player who loves this game.

    Edit: I understand why these queue times are happening such as swf ranking and the easier to stay in high ranks now changes, I just wanna know what's being done to fix it.

    Also wanted to note that I love the Devs for this game and the hard work they put into it. They are trying <3

    Those survivors are the ones that have the will to wait for other survivors to go on killer lol why I have stopped playing, I'm not waiting thise que times as survivor and I'm not spending all my time on the game playing killer lol

  • 1)Survivors are Op- 3rd person view, teamwork, 2 health states, tools, 3 hooks, dozens second chance perks

    2) It gets really frustrating really fast most killer mains weather they feel it or not 4k is a win and anything less is a lost. It's one team vs the other mentality

    3) In a horror game the mood matters... and if your a killer you want to feel powerful... scary even. And survivors just tbag behind pallets and click flashlights around loops before they jump hatch... the moods gone.

    If any helpless survivor can screw around in front of an immortal monster trying to kill them... then the games unbalance and without fear or suspense


    As they nerf killers to be balanced for the adv stats they will find most games are anything but. After 600 hours matches are always one or two ways. A straight excape or a murder roll

    Que times are the only reason I became a killer main

    But that's my ps4 experience.

  • alot of these posts about how killers are such babys over the ruin nerf.. it makes me sad becuase it shows how little the survivors actualy pay attention.

    im pretty sure what has most killers pissed is the fact it was a wombo combo

    ruin nerf + the blatant way the patch notes showed MASSIVE survivor bias

    that massive slap is what pissed off the killers

    that blatant ignorance on the devs part is what is causing the insane que time increase as killers are done with the bull shiftery

    im pretty sure if the patch notes had been worded far better the issue wouldnt have been as bad

    im sure there woulda been some moaning and groaning as both sides are wont to do when buffs/nerfs come out for 1 side or the other

    but over all that wording of the patch notes showing clear and extremly heavy survivor sided bias.. thats what broke the dam and drove so many killers away not ruin change not doc nerf.. it was both of those plus that it was too much at once specially that patch notes wording and im sorry innocent survivors are paying for it but it is what it is


    the people that cant see this issue... idk what to say its soo clear what the real issue is and yet ur saying the issue is ruin or doc but completly ignoring the wording of the patch notes the TRUE reason


    TL:DR: ruin and doc isnt why killers are leaving and thus making the queue times longer its the blatant survivor sided bias spewed forth in the patch notes that broke the killers backs

  • Three reasons for that.

    1. Too many survivors for killers at red ranks which cause queues to be longer.
    2. Killers that stopped due to ruin nerf incoming will get worse once it will be live.
    3. Killers get more nerfs than survivors ( Nurse , spirit , ruin , Incoming Hillbilly nerf ) Survivors nerf are ( Balanced Landing which isn't really nerfed but balanced , Insta-heal are still strong purple one is stronger and red one skilled based ,)

    Ruin nerf will increase the already long queues the kill rate will drop. Survivors saying ez will get what they want but will get bored once they will get insane queues.

  • @Purr said:

    alot of these posts about how killers are such babys over the ruin nerf.. it makes me sad becuase it shows how little the survivors actualy pay attention.

    im pretty sure what has most killers pissed is the fact it was a wombo combo

    ruin nerf + the blatant way the patch notes showed MASSIVE survivor bias

    that massive slap is what pissed off the killers

    that blatant ignorance on the devs part is what is causing the insane que time increase as killers are done with the bull shiftery

    im pretty sure if the patch notes had been worded far better the issue wouldnt have been as bad

    im sure there woulda been some moaning and groaning as both sides are wont to do when buffs/nerfs come out for 1 side or the other

    but over all that wording of the patch notes showing clear and extremly heavy survivor sided bias.. thats what broke the dam and drove so many killers away not ruin change not doc nerf.. it was both of those plus that it was too much at once specially that patch notes wording and im sorry innocent survivors are paying for it but it is what it is

    the people that cant see this issue... idk what to say its soo clear what the real issue is and yet ur saying the issue is ruin or doc but completly ignoring the wording of the patch notes the TRUE reason

    TL:DR: ruin and doc isnt why killers are leaving and thus making the queue times longer its the blatant survivor sided bias spewed forth in the patch notes that broke the killers backs

    Yeah it's true. This queue time was happening before the ruin change was announced. I'm sure it has affected it some but to say that is the sole reason is wrong. Also your wording bull shiftery gave me a laugh, thanks haha.

  • @Purr said:

    alot of these posts about how killers are such babys over the ruin nerf.. it makes me sad becuase it shows how little the survivors actualy pay attention.

    im pretty sure what has most killers pissed is the fact it was a wombo combo

    ruin nerf + the blatant way the patch notes showed MASSIVE survivor bias

    that massive slap is what pissed off the killers

    that blatant ignorance on the devs part is what is causing the insane que time increase as killers are done with the bull shiftery

    im pretty sure if the patch notes had been worded far better the issue wouldnt have been as bad

    im sure there woulda been some moaning and groaning as both sides are wont to do when buffs/nerfs come out for 1 side or the other

    but over all that wording of the patch notes showing clear and extremly heavy survivor sided bias.. thats what broke the dam and drove so many killers away not ruin change not doc nerf.. it was both of those plus that it was too much at once specially that patch notes wording and im sorry innocent survivors are paying for it but it is what it is

    the people that cant see this issue... idk what to say its soo clear what the real issue is and yet ur saying the issue is ruin or doc but completly ignoring the wording of the patch notes the TRUE reason

    TL:DR: ruin and doc isnt why killers are leaving and thus making the queue times longer its the blatant survivor sided bias spewed forth in the patch notes that broke the killers backs

    Also I didn't know they had some patch notes for it already. I'm gonna have to give that a look through. Thanks for bringing that to my attention.

  • @OtakuFreak said:

    This is what happens when the developers cater to the survivors, whilst not fixing a broken matchmaking system. It is natural for people to not want to play killer when they're essentially just tools to facilitate survivor fun.

    I've been playing killer for about two years now and can say we are in better shape than ever. The change to ruin is not the end of the world. It changes how it is effective.

    I remember when the huge nerf to healing happened over a year ago. Killers said survivors would just need to adjust how they play, and they did; they started hitting gens without healing creating a wailing cry about the gen rush.

    Now killers are upset about ruin changes, but they need to listen to their own advice and change how they play. The new ruin can work well if you are willing to protect gens instead of zero in on one survivor and the hook. Gens are the way we wear them down.

    Over a year ago I had a killer give me the advice to stop focusing on the hooks and focus on keeping them guessing and kick them off gens. My success after that was tenfold. New Ruin supports just that, keep them off the gens.

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1012433#Comment_1012433

    I've been playing killer for about two years now and can say we are in better shape than ever. The change to ruin is not the end of the world. It changes how it is effective.

    I remember when the huge nerf to healing happened over a year ago. Killers said survivors would just need to adjust how they play, and they did; they started hitting gens without healing creating a wailing cry about the gen rush.

    Now killers are upset about ruin changes, but they need to listen to their own advice and change how they play. The new ruin can work well if you are willing to protect gens instead of zero in on one survivor and the hook. Gens are the way we wear them down.

    Over a year ago I had a killer give me the advice to stop focusing on the hooks and focus on keeping them guessing and kick them off gens. My success after that was tenfold. New Ruin supports just that, keep them off the gens.

    Yeeeessssss. To all of this. Some killers think it's the end of the world. But that's how the game goes. Something changes and the players adjust until they find their rhythm. It will be fine haha. Can't adjust to that lobby wait time though, no thank you.

  • @xllxENIGMAxllx said:

    Three reasons for that.

    1. Too many survivors for killers at red ranks which cause queues to be longer.
    2. Killers that stopped due to ruin nerf incoming will get worse once it will be live.
    3. Killers get more nerfs than survivors ( Nurse , spirit , ruin , Incoming Hillbilly nerf ) Survivors nerf are ( Balanced Landing which isn't really nerfed but balanced , Insta-heal are still strong purple one is stronger and red one skilled based ,)

    Ruin nerf will increase the already long queues the kill rate will drop. Survivors saying ez will get what they want but will get bored once they will get insane queues.

    Yeah, you aren't wrong. That Red Rank life.

  • Well with this last update I think lobbies are going quicker, can't say I was completely paying attention but I think I only had to wait 5 minutes for lobbies. Not that 5 second killer queue, but an improvement.

  • Yeah no, it's still kind of bad actually getting to sit down and play. It seems slightly faster for survivor lobbies but not by much. Please. Fix.

  • Looking at the tome, I can't remember exact count but I think the survivors had almost double the killer amount for Rift challenges. That's not gonna help more people into playing killer :/

  • Eyyyyyy they acknowledged the issue with testing new systems and an invisible rank. That is promising.

  • @Smeagol said:

    it only took them 4 years to come up with this idea to do something about matchmaking.

    I mean they have constantly been changing how their system works to try and figure out the best way possible. So it isn’t as if they have done nothing these past four years

1 2 3 ›