RiP Doctor, they really did it

IMG_vubqpm.jpg

So the Snap out of it nerf that lets them go to tier 1 and avoid all his afflictions while punishing doc for shocking survivors went through in full. He's dead now, maybe the ruin nerf was to distract from how dirty they were punking Doctor

Tagged: DevTrusted

Comments

  • @TKTK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007983#Comment_1007983

    Well lets be honest here in ptb she was pretty trash, after she got multiple buffs post ptb did she become what she was and then nerfed a couple times after as long as survivors don't know when she is phasing in her terror radius and the sounds aren't bugged to #########, she'll be fine.

    I know what you mean though, but it's understandable why people react the way they do alot of killer nerfs have been happening, spirit and nurse probably got some questionable nerfs, Oni got his flick taken away until now where they are giving it back and poor pig keeps getting a bat to her knees after EGC came out while Legion is already dead.

    I read that and now am just picturing the devs walking around each update like...

    image.png


  • Besides plague, i hated playing against doc. It makes skill checks harder and my reflexes are ######### ... Until i saw, where the circle is, it was over xd

  • honestly I think all of the changes to the doc were fine, but then they changed snap out of it and screwed the doc over completely

  • @Eye66 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/701/R6EJB7YTYA3E.jpg

    So the Snap out of it nerf that lets them go to tier 1 and avoid all his afflictions while punishing doc for shocking survivors went through in full. He's dead now, maybe the ruin nerf was to distract from how dirty they were punking Doctor

    Developers: Change loads about doctor and make you go mad much much faster, to compensate they let you break out more than you originally could.

    Killer mains that havent even played it in proper games yet: Oh it must be a nerffff

  • So then what's the point of shocking them? You are just wasting time doing it

  • @cipherbay_ said:

    So then what's the point of shocking them? You are just wasting time doing it

    shocking to tier 2 still gives them the various skill check effects like before and with addons there is the reverse skill check, and shock therapy still makes survivors unable to do any actions for a set amount of time. Static blast is just a aoe tier up if you have anyone in your terror radius so it's only good for finding people and stopping them from doing a gen that you are near by.


  • @Strome21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007131#Comment_1007131

    He also said ruin was good still. What was good was surveillance. He ignored the fact it doesn't slow gens, you can't use pop, over charge and you can't get points for kicking gens

    A good killer doesn't rely on ruin, and as Doctor, gen kick points mean nothing.

    If I were you, I wouldn't attempt to discredit one of the most respected Doc mains in DBD. He knows what he's talking about.

  • Im just curious when Calm Spirit is gonna hit shrine again. Gonna laugh if its the same week as the Doc update.

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007983#Comment_1007983

    I remember wraith being reworked and everybody saying that he was still worthless

    Took over a year before a streamer tried him and realised. You know, He's not that bad after all.

    It took a year before a streamer tried him, one that's already good at the game and knows how a killer works, plays a very boring playstyle and pips because Wraith was always good at pipping and that's it, and that's how that streamer determines killer viability. Legion does the exact same thing but no-one in their right mind would say Legion is good. If we're basing it on the ranking system he's the best killer in the game.

  • The snap out of it changes are all fine apart from the fact that the progress remains if you stop snapping out. You can ignore the skillchecks entirely and it's so dumb. Either make it so there's instantly a skill check like overcharge when you start snapping out, or make it a single bar again but reduce the time required.

  • This isn't a nerf it's basically a rework on his power. The changes aren't even that bad since now you can have a super tiny terror radius with monitor and you can even get some gen grabs of you're lucky. The static blast is a cool concept especially if the survivors 3 gen themselves as you can just wait for it to come back, use it and know where everyone is. I like the changes they made to doc and feel like he's gonna be more fun to play. The 3 second delay between shocking and swinging is a bit annoying though.

  • @scat said:

    He's better now you just like to complain to no end because that's all this community does when updates happen

    Honestly it's the only way to get anything in the game fixed, they only pay attention to survivors because they complain so much

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008000#Comment_1008000

    It took a year before a streamer tried him, one that's already good at the game and knows how a killer works, plays a very boring playstyle and pips because Wraith was always good at pipping and that's it, and that's how that streamer determines killer viability. Legion does the exact same thing but no-one in their right mind would say Legion is good. If we're basing it on the ranking system he's the best killer in the game.

    Why wouldn't i base it on the ranking system that's in the game?

    I think that's what the problem is. Most people make their own rules on what a win is and then get frustrated that the game is too hard to furfill their own rules

    Killer side can be frustrating but some people make it waaay more frustrating for themself then they need to be

  • Rip. Renembering nurse rework that everyone sayed she was going to die, after all she still is the best

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1008000#Comment_1008000

    It took a year before a streamer tried him, one that's already good at the game and knows how a killer works, plays a very boring playstyle and pips because Wraith was always good at pipping and that's it, and that's how that streamer determines killer viability. Legion does the exact same thing but no-one in their right mind would say Legion is good. If we're basing it on the ranking system he's the best killer in the game.

    Genrushes are boring too so that's a poor argument

  • @Unicorn said:

    Old news but I remember when almost everyone on Forums were screaming the Sky is Falling when Spirit was announced, yet she turned out to be one of the strongest Killers in the game.

    Don't fall for the hype ya'll.

    This, one million percent this.

  • I really hoping they change their mind on many if the doctor nerfs.

    Where did you find that picture?

  • @Polychrome_Baku said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007117#Comment_1007117

    Yeah but like always they didn't give actual numbers. "Adjusted" could mean .5 seconds.

    Im not sure if youve seen doctor gameplay, i doubt you have but um, the delay when shocking someone and it didnt instantly make them shocked, was 1.25 seconds, that delay was .25 seconds as it was supposed to be 1 second, yeah .5 while not a lot normaly would be prettu good, and no i doubt itll be that low, they will probably do 1 second reduction AT LEAST, anyway i dont want to get into too much detail as i am on ps4 and havent played him myself so ill let doc players and ptb players tell me whats right and wrong

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    I wish they would’ve mentioned his new shock cooldown and made his affliction add-ons work at Madness I to compensate for the Snap Out of It nerfs.

    Do the devs really want Madness II to be stronger than Madness III? Hell, I would’ve liked to see reasons for why they gutted Snap Out of It. I now can understand having it bring you down to tier 1, but not the other changes (progress bar doesn’t reset, skill checks only appear at certain times, and missing a skill check doesn’t reset the bar). Those changes are making Snap Out of It a minor inconvenience just like Deep Wound. If a Survivor can’t hit those massive skill checks, then it’s their fault and they need to get good. Coddling them is a terrible solution.

    Bro but the poor survivors who cant hit ruin skillchecks am i right?

    Jokes aside, this isnt the worst but i dont think it was necessary, like it was annoying if you couldnt pay attention but come on that helps with game awareness, WHICH BTW IS SOMETHING SURVIVORS NEED TO LEARN A LOT MORE OF RATHER THAN "flashlight blind a killer while carrying a survivor" seriously thats a way more important skill

  • Do you know what a PTB is? Literally called a Public T E S T build, the source is from the devs, but sure dont believ him

  • thats one of the things i protested the most about when i read the update notes.

    like, they REALLY gutted Snap out of it:

    1) missing a skillcheck resets 25% instead of forcing you to restart

    2) you can stop snapping out of it at any time and continue somewhere else without losing progress

    3) you get reset to tier 1 after fully snapping out of it


    seriously devs, ######### were you thinking here???

  • @TeddyR said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007535#Comment_1007535

    Do you know what a PTB is? Literally called a Public T E S T build, the source is from the devs, but sure dont believ him

    I played the PTB. I know all about it. I just wanted a source that the "entire PTB is a placeholder" - especially when history goes against that. For example, the Oni release. Everything that was in the Oni PTB, right down to the game breaking basement hook bug, was in the final release of the patch.

    Digest yourself a chill pill there, and read everything before you attempt to climb on top of your soap box. :)

  • @ReallyBigShoe said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1009475#Comment_1009475

    I played the PTB. I know all about it. I just wanted a source that the "entire PTB is a placeholder" - especially when history goes against that. For example, the Oni release. Everything that was in the Oni PTB, right down to the game breaking basement hook bug, was in the final release of the patch.

    Digest yourself a chill pill there, and read everything before you attempt to climb on top of your soap box. :)

    Basement bug got fixed though?

  • You must not have been playing DBD yet at the time the patch was released, which would explain your confusion.

    It got fixed, only about a week after the final release of the patch. It was not fixed on launch. I should note - it STILL happens, and the sound bugs from that patch still exist and there's no word on a fix for them yet, as well as the Wraith and Spirit post-phase lunge is only NOW just getting fixed. Those also happened in the Oni patch. So the whole "PTB is a placeholder" thing, with BHVR's history is a bit silly.

  • @Strome21 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007518#Comment_1007518

    I'd agree with the static blast thing if it didn't have a massive cooldown. You can do it 1 time per gen and even then you're taking a gamble with it unless you are in a chase

    I think you are understimating the power of the Blast. Being able to hit multiple survivors with 50 madness (or more with Orders add-ons, even tho it does not matter beyond madness 1, but that is another issue...) is huge. You can interupt survivors healing or working on a generator 32 meters away (or more with perks and add-ons). And if they where at madness 2, they go up to 3 and can't immediatly get back to what they where doing. This is some real pressure.

    But yes, the Blast being on a long cooldown mean you have to think a bit more about when is the best time to use it. I don't see this as a problem. Having played around with it on the PTB it really didn't feel too long. That being said I'd love it if the Order add-ons where changed to a small cooldown reduction of Static Blast instead of the currently allmost USELESS (seriously devs) madness increase.

    Also Maple Knight should be a BP bonus add-on.

  • @Mister_xD said:

    thats one of the things i protested the most about when i read the update notes.

    like, they REALLY gutted Snap out of it:

    1) missing a skillcheck resets 25% instead of forcing you to restart

    2) you can stop snapping out of it at any time and continue somewhere else without losing progress

    3) you get reset to tier 1 after fully snapping out of it

    seriously devs, ######### were you thinking here???

    I wouldn’t really mind going back to tier 1 if the affliction add-ons would work there. I’m still shocked that the devs haven’t realized that they’re about to make Madness II stronger than Madness III.

    I completely agree with the other changes. They seem to be there only to coddle low rank Survivors who refuse to get good. How can you not hit those massive skill checks?! If it’s your first couple of times facing Doctor, then I can understand because you aren’t used to him yet. Any other time the Survivor just needs to get good.

  • @Eye66 said:

    I'd love to be wrong about it and will say so after a couple weeks (in case they nerf him further after release) but have zero confidence

    sweetheart its an opinion not a fact. can't be wrong about an opinion... that's why it's called an opinion. you can't just be wrong or right lol

  • I've noticed I haven't been playing nearly as much as I used to. I wonder if that's true for other killers? Keep nerfing, see what happens.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1009478#Comment_1009478

    I wouldn’t really mind going back to tier 1 if the affliction add-ons would work there. I’m still shocked that the devs haven’t realized that they’re about to make Madness II stronger than Madness III.

    I completely agree with the other changes. They seem to be there only to coddle low rank Survivors who refuse to get good. How can you not hit those massive skill checks?! If it’s your first couple of times facing Doctor, then I can understand because you aren’t used to him yet. Any other time the Survivor just needs to get good.

    They forgot about killer fun in the update. personally, I never relied on afflictions because they're quite useless, however for an update, they haven't made a single affliction affects better players so I'm not entirely sure what the point of madness is at the moment. recent changes have only made killers weaker and none of them have been positive even for the weaker/fair killers. Last I remember, they were going to touch billy and Leatherface and it's hard to believe anything positive is coming out of these future killer updates besides maximizing the survivor's fun. Hopefully killer fun.. is a bit more considered... in the future of these updates.

  • Lol to all the survivor players calling killer nerfs buffs. "Oh i play the killer every once in a while." GTFO. Old freddy was better too and survivors bitched about forever freddy like he was better. Before they nerfed him i could surprise attack and find far hidden survivors. The only reason i play doc is because its easy to find survivors and now they just have to stay out of terror radius. That stance change barely took any time and didnt matter to me. Its fine. I stopped playing. Enjoy your wait times panzis you are getting just the game you asked for.

  • @TKTK said:

    Well with his static blast putting you into the next tier if you are in his terror radius I don't think thats much of a big deal, I'm just glad stance switching is gone but if the delay between shock therapy and being able to hit them is longer than switching stances, he's gonna be trash. Shock therapy wasn't reliable at stopping people from vaulting already lol.

    You must've been pretty bad at shocking survivors if they got away from you before the changes, I was able to hit them quite well with it, all you needed was to fire it in advance

    Though the changes slowed the speed at witch the shock therapy cone travels and there seems to be a delay before it registers, that really requires skillful timing now

  • @HellDescent said:

    I guess the only times people will see Doc now is during his archive challenges. RIP.

    I loved playing Doctor and I did not have any problems with the rework BUT the snap put of it nerf is ridiculous. This makes his power almost useless. Why should I even start shocking anymore? Hes gonna be an M1 Killer without an effective power - Sad, I played him very often. Guess I wont touch him except for the challenges.

  • @hammertime said:

    Lol to all the survivor players calling killer nerfs buffs. "Oh i play the killer every once in a while." GTFO. Old freddy was better too and survivors bitched about forever freddy like he was better. Before they nerfed him i could surprise attack and find far hidden survivors. The only reason i play doc is because its easy to find survivors and now they just have to stay out of terror radius. That stance change barely took any time and didnt matter to me. Its fine. I stopped playing. Enjoy your wait times panzis you are getting just the game you asked for.

    There's no way you've played Doctor against decent Survivors if you think the stance change was fine and didn't cause problems. Also, you only play Doctor because it's easy to find Survivors with him? You sure that isn't an excuse for being bad? Seems like you need to get out of rank 20 and go up against some actual Survivors to see exactly why these changes were made.

  • @Eye66 said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/701/R6EJB7YTYA3E.jpg

    So the Snap out of it nerf that lets them go to tier 1 and avoid all his afflictions while punishing doc for shocking survivors went through in full. He's dead now, maybe the ruin nerf was to distract from how dirty they were punking Doctor

    I believe as a red rank that it's a good thing for both. Bad survivors will probably regress to level 1 (I guess it takes more time) and waste time...

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1009478#Comment_1009478

    I wouldn’t really mind going back to tier 1 if the affliction add-ons would work there. I’m still shocked that the devs haven’t realized that they’re about to make Madness II stronger than Madness III.

    I completely agree with the other changes. They seem to be there only to coddle low rank Survivors who refuse to get good. How can you not hit those massive skill checks?! If it’s your first couple of times facing Doctor, then I can understand because you aren’t used to him yet. Any other time the Survivor just needs to get good.

    honestly, i dont really have a problem with the skillchecks eigther. thats just to help newer players, thats a-okay.

    the other two though...

    the back to tier 1 is something we all agree on and you already said why its super bad. however, id like to add that due to tier 2 being stronger than tier 3, they also just made his new power be a huge risk to use, as it would get them to tier 3, if they had been tier 2 before. also, a shocktherapy mid chase would be a bad idea now, due to them, again, hitting tier 3. like, that was such a bad idea...

    however, what i really wanted to comment on would be 2), their ability to save the snapping out of it progress and continuing somewhere else. this is a change that is not only going to help newer players, but also better players, as the general ability to just stop the action you are in in order to reposition yourself without losing any progress is very strong. honestly, if they want to snap out of it, they should do it at once or, if they feel the need to reposition themselves, they should have to restart completely. but allowing them to snap out and then quickly going to a loop when the killer comes near without and penalities is not a good idea imo.

    its supposed to be a timewaster, isnt it? then waste their time with it.

  • @profaned said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007973#Comment_1007973

    You must've been pretty bad at shocking survivors if they got away from you before the changes, I was able to hit them quite well with it, all you needed was to fire it in advance

    Though the changes slowed the speed at witch the shock therapy cone travels and there seems to be a delay before it registers, that really requires skillful timing now

    you are lying if you are say 100% of the time shock therapy stopped survivors from vaulting with doctor. Also the shock therapy timing are getting changed so maybe get off the high horse.

  • This what happens when new players complain about everything

  • @Eye66 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007082#Comment_1007082

    "Hes better and healthier because [debunked claims countered in every other doctor post]"

    We get it, survivors are happy because he's easier to escape and they have to do fewer skillchecks, it's so viscerally repulsive

    ”You’re a survivorororor main you don’t agree with me wahhhhh” even though his profile pic is the oni, well guess what doctor is better now quit ######### crying look I have a GF avatar quit acting like you know everything, child.

  • @Eye66 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007151#Comment_1007151

    What is this "taking the game hostage with his power" business I've never heard of before?

    You’ve never heard of hostage doc? Lol you really don’t know anything huh. It’s when you make your add one be range add ons and have a 3 gen all you have to do it shock towards the gens in a good 3 gen and the survivor screams and you keep kicking gens to apply overcharge and surveillance and just keep doing it until either you or the survivor gives up or makes a mistake

  • I'm sure if we try hard we can be able to play him well because it really depends on us, not the killer. Previous Doctor's power was good though, I always played well after I got used to his style. I do admit, they did definitely weaken him down though. I don't support the change with him or ruin. Despite how annoying it was with survivor, I still liked ruin.

  • @djsponge10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007114#Comment_1007114

    ”You’re a survivorororor main you don’t agree with me wahhhhh” even though his profile pic is the oni, well guess what doctor is better now quit ######### crying look I have a GF avatar quit acting like you know everything, child.

    Rational and mature response

  • @djsponge10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1007182#Comment_1007182

    You’ve never heard of hostage doc? Lol you really don’t know anything huh. It’s when you make your add one be range add ons and have a 3 gen all you have to do it shock towards the gens in a good 3 gen and the survivor screams and you keep kicking gens to apply overcharge and surveillance and just keep doing it until either you or the survivor gives up or makes a mistake

    Maybe I never thought of that because I don't play like a jerk (even though I probably should)?

  • @PoisonN said:

    My concern is about the 3 cooldown secs

    Did they changed?

    This will be fixed; it was a bug on PTB.

  • Are you guys able to tell us the final number?

  • These things are communicated in specific places, mostly in the patch notes. There are (good) specific reasons I can't comment directly on these things before the release.

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1014008#Comment_1014008

    These things are communicated in specific places, mostly in the patch notes. There are (good) specific reasons I can't comment directly on these things before the release.

    Are the patch notes ready?

  • Honestly though, I like the Doc a lot better in the ptb.

    Just really needs an animation after the shockwave to indicate both for survivors and the killer as to when the killer can hit again.

  • That’s what happens when survivors complain, killers get shafted

  • I believe the patch notes go out about the same time as the actual release.

  • @TKTK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1010394#Comment_1010394

    you are lying if you are say 100% of the time shock therapy stopped survivors from vaulting with doctor. Also the shock therapy timing are getting changed so maybe get off the high horse.

    I never said it was 100% of the time, it was simply consistent because of the speed at witch the shock travelled and i never was on any high horse about this, your likely just making me look mad when im not

1 2 3