Killer is too easy - Ruin change was necessary.

Just a friendly reminder that most red rank matches are by far too easy as killer and the Ruin change is for the better.

https://youtu.be/ftafeotogxg


Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Just a friendly reminder that most red rank matches are by far too easy as killer and the Ruin change is for the better.

    https://youtu.be/ftafeotogxg

    Sorry didn't we talk recently and you told me red ranks don't mean anything or ranks dont mean anything due to the amount of boosted people. I could look it up in my notifications but yeah.

  • I disagree. A three game stint is not a large enough sample size to draw conclusions from.

    However, I believe I know the issue. Most, not all, red rank Survivors are very boosted, especially because of the new Rank Reset. I have definitely encountered this problem on Xbox. Additionally, the MM is screwed up right now, meaning I usually have one green rank in my game as a Rank 1 Killer.

    That being said, I think if gen times are addressed, the Ruin change will be for the better. Until that happens, the game will be miserable for a lot of average-good Killers. People like Otz and Tru3 may not be affected as much, but the "normal" Killer will be.

  • @Rivyn said:

    So if I post a vid of me stomping an inexperienced killer in under six minutes, will that mean what the forums are backing is true, and Ruin is required? I mean, that's what you're doing here, right?

    When you destroy someone's faulty logic but they completely ignore you. I feel you dude. These people are not here to have an intelligent argument just ignore these bimbos.

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1000356#Comment_1000356

    What's your point about console? From what i've seen it appears that most high tier killers are harder to play there are more swf ect ect on console. So....?

    Just a child trying to belittle others for playing on a different platform, ignore him.

    As for console SWF, Yes they are more common since you can invite randoms to a party chat easily. Survivor is also easier and more fluid on controller, which is why PC players like Marth used controller for survivor.

  • OK. You have never played in high purple/red ranks because survivors practically own the game at these ranks.

  • @Pulsar said:

    I disagree. A three game stint is not a large enough sample size to draw conclusions from.

    However, I believe I know the issue. Most, not all, red rank Survivors are very boosted, especially because of the new Rank Reset. I have definitely encountered this problem on Xbox. Additionally, the MM is screwed up right now, meaning I usually have one green rank in my game as a Rank 1 Killer.

    That being said, I think if gen times are addressed, the Ruin change will be for the better. Until that happens, the game will be miserable for a lot of average-good Killers. People like Otz and Tru3 may not be affected as much, but the "normal" Killer will be.

    Perhaps the developers are planning to add a secondary objective but can't do so with current Ruin in the game. Or maybe the next chapter is going to introduce yet another gen defense perk which would possibly be too strong with current Ruin. Personally I think the devs are up to something.

  • @aGoodOldRub said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1000394#Comment_1000394

    When you destroy someone's faulty logic but they completely ignore you. I feel you dude. These people are not here to have an intelligent argument just ignore these bimbos.

    I did respond on page 1.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    OK. You have never played in high purple/red ranks because survivors practically own the game at these ranks.

    For the 3rd time: Clip contains multiple post game screenshots against different red rank teams one of which was a 4 man SWF with 3 toolboxes and brand new part on Thompson House. Even someone in the thread recognized them and mentioned they were a strong SWF team yet they still lost as the game quite simply is too easy as killer.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Just a friendly reminder that most red rank matches are by far too easy as killer and the Ruin change is for the better.

    https://youtu.be/ftafeotogxg

    @altruistic said:

    Unfortunately, this post won't gain any traction.

    It doesn't push the majority's narrative here.

    2.5 minute game as Killer? Seems fine!

    Most commenting on this are going to do anything to discredit you or the Survivors in game.

    "They made so many mistakes, they didn't do x, y or z!"

    As some people have said, Survivors are easier to rank up than killer, because of SWF and the emblem system being very forgiving. So a good killer in Red Ranks will more than likely have the skill to take out the survivors, which is also probably the main reason the stats are what they are. Sprinkle in the fact that there are far less killers than there are survivors, and you have the majority of Red Rank killers making it look easy. But this is irrelevant. This post is irrelevant because Ruin was changed for newer survivors. If you want to say killer is dirt easy at lower ranks than I completely agree it is. Because that's what Ruin was changed for.


    As for Gen speeds, I think they're more fine than most people would believe, but in the same umbrella Ruin was, it's frustrating. It's unfun. Losing like this as killer is a far more miserable loss than any as survivor and the difficulty that comes with playing killer is more than likely the reason why you don't see many of them.

  • @altruistic said:

    Unfortunately, this post won't gain any traction.

    It doesn't push the majority's narrative here.

    2.5 minute game as Killer? Seems fine!

    Most commenting on this are going to do anything to discredit you or the Survivors in game.

    "They made so many mistakes, they didn't do x, y or z!"

    Did you watch the video?

  • This proves as much as someone posting a video of all the gens being done in 3 minutes and leaving. But gg

  • What about green rank killers that face 2 purple and 2 red rank survivors?

    The fact that 90% of my killers games have me as the lowest ranked player in the lobby should say enough about how many people are playing killer vs survivor. I struggle to pip because I’m facing infinite abusers and there is no rank weighting system. Double pip against my peers no pip or depip against a red and purple lobby. So I pip 10% of my games. With the Ruin change I expect to be facing 4 red rank survivors even if I’m depip’d to a yellow rank killer. Why don’t they just remove all the hooks while there at it. Survivors might complain...

  • PWYF, Nemesis, Infectious Freight.

    Knife Scratches imo or The Beast's Marks.

  • Is this a joke? These survivors were practically running into your saw and it's idiots like these that are responsible for the 75% kill rate. Killers gameplay shouldn't be crossing their fingers on matchmaking roulette and hoping they get boosted survivors instead of an un-killable group.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    You are playing on consol LUL and one match of dominating survivors doesnt say that EVERY match is gonna be like that. I have days where I only find bad survivors that I kill before they can even finish 1 gen wihtout ruin.

    But some days the sweaty swf are online and I cant even play A tier killers without getting genrushed and teabagged at the exit gate. It depends on the survivor you get and sadly the majority of survivors are not that great at their job. No offence to anyone but it is the truth.

    I’m pretty sure that a lot of us console players are good, we could even beat certain pc killers, not always but we could.

  • @PrettyFaceKate said:

    PWYF, Nemesis, Infectious Freight.

    Knife Scratches imo or The Beast's Marks.

    So? Bubba op now?

  • I love the mentality of console = bad. It really shows that people have literally no clue how the game works outside of PC. It's practically the same other than Nurse play rates.

    Anyways, personally I agree that Ruin isn't needed in it's current state but a gen stopping perk is going to be needed against halfway decent survivors.

    My issue with the Ruin change is that the perk is intended to last all game, which anyone who has played the game knows that there is a very small chance of that even happening.

    And while this 100% was something I hadn't thought of but I agree with it, quite a lot.

    Map sizes will need to be reduced in order to include more killer/survivor interactions, so the killer doesn't lose an entire gen before they get to the other side of the map.

  • So if i posted games everyday of myself and my teammates rushing gens i can prove a point? That's how i see it

  • One video of you playing against bad survivors totally makes me rethink everything I know to be true about the game!

  • Everything about this game is easy. It's such a simple game. Survivors should not tell a killer they're bad when all they literally have to do as their objective is sit there and hold a button next to a generator. Killer is simple too, run around and hit m1 at people. I think the worst you're looking for is stressful and fun. Which killer most certainly is stressful and not fun unless you get potatoes and can toy with them. Yeah it's fun to mind game but survivors are at such a huge advantage of being able to 1v1 killers while their 3 other teammates who can also 1v1 the killer, sit there and garnish like it takes that much skill. This game is a bully simulator at this point

  • More like obscuring perks and add-ons being pointless.

  • @altruistic said:

    Unfortunately, this post won't gain any traction.

    It doesn't push the majority's narrative here.

    2.5 minute game as Killer? Seems fine!

    Most commenting on this are going to do anything to discredit you or the Survivors in game.

    "They made so many mistakes, they didn't do x, y or z!"

    Maybe because they do have a point? These survivors weren't optimal, and survivors of many different skill levels are able to reach red ranks. But I guess that doesn't push your narrative.

    Not saying killer is underpowered or anything, but arguing that this video isn't a full showcase of the game's balance seems fair to me. I could show you many videos of survivor teams just rushing through all five gens in a few minutes.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1000864#Comment_1000864

    Perhaps the developers are planning to add a secondary objective but can't do so with current Ruin in the game. Or maybe the next chapter is going to introduce yet another gen defense perk which would possibly be too strong with current Ruin. Personally I think the devs are up to something.

    I am sure they are up to something. Of that, I have no doubt. The Ruin change simply came at a bad time and they need to acknowledge that.

  • @altruistic said:

    Unfortunately, this post won't gain any traction.

    It doesn't push the majority's narrative here.

    2.5 minute game as Killer? Seems fine!

    Most commenting on this are going to do anything to discredit you or the Survivors in game.

    "They made so many mistakes, they didn't do x, y or z!"

    Which is the point and problem. A killer has to do almost perfectly and rely on survivor mistakes at red ranks. Lots of survivor mistakes means easy killer games.

  • Someone give this individual a gold star.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Just a friendly reminder that most red rank matches are by far too easy as killer and the Ruin change is for the better.

    https://youtu.be/ftafeotogxg

    Those survivors were so bad... How about the matches where 3 gens pop in 2 minutes?

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Just a friendly reminder that most red rank matches are by far too easy as killer and the Ruin change is for the better.

    https://youtu.be/ftafeotogxg

    I like how you hide your perks and addons.. why? Lol.

    Also seems like some pretty potato survivors, they had one of the strongest maps and derped and grouped up against a leatherface.

    Considering I can do nothing and die and still pip as survivor getting a 4k doesn't mean that killer is easy. Just that you had potato survivors. Real good survivors will knock out the gens, ruin or not. They will also loop the crap out of you. Not one of them even ran for the overpowered middle building with 4 good pallets and 2 windows.

  • I do like this video, crying killers like to come here and talk about gen rush yet NEVER want to talk about how quickly a killer can end a game. At best, such killers will blame bad survivors for those games ending quickly, but then without a hint of irony, blame game mechanics for them being done over by survivors in a few minutes lol.

    Granted, the video on display was against some ######### survivors, without a doubt, too many mistakes and this game is about capitalising on the others mistakes.

    I am not quiet sure how this is relevant to ruin. Although I haven't used ruin since I got PGTW out the shrine, I am not convinced the change actually makes it better. It's based on the massive assumption that survivors won't clear it early on, which I know I will do as a survivor. But as a killer, I won't run hex perks, unless I have just prestiged a killer and I don't have many perks to use. Sometimes I will use NOED, for the ######### fun of it so I can just chill all game, but I rarely see 5 gens pop.

    I completely agree that killer is overpowered, as it should be. In fact, my ranking system of difficulty goes

    Easy 4 randoms/casual SWF

    Mediocre 4 seasoned randoms/communicating SWF

    Hardcore 4 man SWF with a plan and fully compotent players

    However, the last one is so ######### rare, it's not even a factor. I do enjoy those games best, lots of quick decisions to make and you don't get to chill at all. It usually ends it good amounts of points all round and a whole host of post game GG and some friend requests, which is kinda the point. Of course rarely, I get completely ######### over by hardcore 4 man SWF, maybe a few hooks, hut they win, but it's fine, because the majority if games for killer is too easy, so I will take the "loss"

    I agree with the point you're making, I think. The game is easy for killer, most of the time, even the stats prove it! End of story.

  • I don't like cherry-picked videos. It doesn't prove much than anecdotal.

    With that said, Killer is far more easier than solo Survivor. 2k is definitely easy with light tunneling. 4k is not the expectation nor is it a requirement.

  • This content has been removed.
  • I Main killer- play legion, hag and wraith. Honestly I agree about the easy part. 4K streak w hag is insane and legion “the weakest killer” is able to apply massive pressure with new ruin. Definitely feel killer is the easier role.

  • @Yamaoka said:

    Just a friendly reminder that most red rank matches are by far too easy as killer and the Ruin change is for the better.

    https://youtu.be/ftafeotogxg

    Just curius, what perks did you use?

  • Nemesis (which is why flashlight Meg stopped hiding too quickly after the pallet stun [oblivious effect]), PWYF (that's why I walked backwards for a moment. Allows for quick tokens), Infectious (chain-downs) and old Ruin (which always allowed me to build way too much momentum at the start of the game). Addons were AwardWinningChilli (I use it as often as possible for the meme) and The Beast's Marks

  • I thought people would know what the purpose of old Ruin was. They still think it made winning as Killer possible.

    It allowed Killers to play more fair. No tunneling or camping. There were still Killers who tunneled and camped, they'll always be. But without the old Ruin even the Killers who once played fair are forced to play scummy now.

  • Counterpoint: Killer hasn't been hard since the dark ages of the game, least of all on console. Your video just proves that survivor skill decide the momentum of the game. ######### survivors = fast win for the killer. Good survivors = fair match. Optimal survivors = two gens popping before your first down. Survivors on console never have and never will impress me, since the vast majority of them rely on tricks that dont work on PC.

    Also, I think people used old Ruin as a buffer to enable less sweating. Sweaty killers are the exact opposite of what survivors want to face. Unless that's changed?

  • Now do the same consistently...

    One match doesn't prove anything for either side about anything.

  • I’m sorry I can’t take anyone serious when they deny that gens go to fast 😂 especially by those people saying they can apply pressure with clown ..ok whatever you say if survivors can finish gens in 4 minutes there’s a problem..but ya just apply pressure ..

  • @Polychrome_Baku said:

    Counterpoint: Killer hasn't been hard since the dark ages of the game, least of all on console. Your video just proves that survivor skill decide the momentum of the game. ######### survivors = fast win for the killer. Good survivors = fair match. Optimal survivors = two gens popping before your first down. Survivors on console never have and never will impress me, since the vast majority of them rely on tricks that dont work on PC.

    Also, I think people used old Ruin as a buffer to enable less sweating. Sweaty killers are the exact opposite of what survivors want to face. Unless that's changed?

    Well let's exclude your bias view point this does prove that it not impossible to win a very easy game as killer and that those survivors didn't play the most optimal.

  • i mean we can't say anything if we can't see which addons and perks you brought.

  • @MrDardon said:

    I thought people would know what the purpose of old Ruin was. They still think it made winning as Killer possible.

    It allowed Killers to play more fair. No tunneling or camping. There were still Killers who tunneled and camped, they'll always be. But without the old Ruin even the Killers who once played fair are forced to play scummy now.

    That's the thing, though. It's not your job to make things fair and enjoyable using specific perks. That's the job of the devs. They basically removed old Ruin which allowed killers to either win "by playing fair OR the unfair way" (quite easily at that). Now since old Ruin is gone the devs have actual OPTIONS to make further changes to both sides that may reward good killers in the long run.

  • In the screenshots I can’t see your load out, is it cutoff on purpose?

  • This is by far the most stupid post ever. And I tought the forums couldn't be that bad!

  • @Yamaoka said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1140036#Comment_1140036

    That's the thing, though. It's not your job to make things fair and enjoyable using specific perks. That's the job of the devs. They basically removed old Ruin which allowed killers to either win "by playing fair OR the unfair way" (quite easily at that). Now since old Ruin is gone the devs have actual OPTIONS to make further changes to both sides that may reward good killers in the long run.

    OP its my understanding the average skill level on console is significantly lower than that on PC. I mean I'm a rank 1 killer on console too and I don't remember the last time I didn't 3/4k, but I don't see all that many SWF death squads or survivors who know how to loop every tile.

  • @Brucecastro81 said:

    This is by far the most stupid post ever. And I tought the forums couldn't be that bad!

    What you posted yesterday: "Shelter Woods is survivor sided unless the killer is Bubba - change my mind"



    Not much to say there.

  • This thread is so dumb. I guess that getting often 2-4k with my Pulcinella Clown at Red Rank without Ruin means...means that killer is so easy to play, of course!


    And when i play survivor at red ranks against Billy, a supposed powerhouse by trash and crybabies from this forum, and looping him to death means...yeah sure that survivor is so easy to play, of course! I escaped the trial 15 times in a row with my favourite guy, Ash


    Woooooow i'm a genius, this game is so easy. But why many people cry against Doctor or 4 SWF? This game is supposed to be so easy to play both sides, right???

  • @kidmaxx said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1140086#Comment_1140086

    OP its my understanding the average skill level on console is significantly lower than that on PC. I mean I'm a rank 1 killer on console too and I don't remember the last time I didn't 3/4k, but I don't see all that many SWF death squads or survivors who know how to loop every tile.

    No offence but PC survivors are not better in any way whatsoever. I watch streamers everyday since the normal TV program is just awful. Therefore I know exactly how PC survivors play and I rarely see any decent loopers. Most survivors are potatoes on all platforms especially with the current rank reset which allows people to be a rank 1 survivor with as little as 3 days of playtime.


    That being said I can't wait for crossplay.

  • I own all 3 consoles and a pc, Xbox survivors by far are the easiest it goes from hardest to easiest PS4 PC Switch Xbox. Yes switch survivors I see are slightly harder than Xbox. I think because everyone who owns an Xbox has dbd because of game pass and it’s really popular on there. But PS4 and PC are by far a lot harder.

  • So if a killer can get a 4k that means there is no problem with killers?

1 2 3