Survive With Friends Is NEVER Going Anywhere (MASSIVE Survivor Buffs)
In the latest stream (Q&A), they basically cement the idea that SWF is the new standard game mode.
Yee.
Tagged:
Mod
In the latest stream (Q&A), they basically cement the idea that SWF is the new standard game mode.
Yee.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
“Come grab me off the hook! I’ll Dead Hard/Sprint Burst away to safety or go to a Loop for free cause he can’t hit me right off he hook!”
Lmao, you can literally hit a second or two later and you'll get them, if you're that close to hit them anyway you're probably camping which means you're the reason this "buff" is happening.
"All this will do is promote Hook Rushing. Hell, if the Killer is far enough away, it’s a freebie for both doing the unhook and the hooked person. Won’t even have to use Borrowed Time anymore and risk the Killer chasing the guy till the timer runs out. Most of all combined with the “status ailments reset on being hooked” so there is no chance to be exhausted so you can’t use your exhaustion perk."
Again, you've just hooked this person and want to tunnel them, you're still the reason this "buff" is happening.
"In fact, it’s even worse than the old BT. Now the unhooked guy is guaranteed to get to take off to a Loop, and Loop the crap out of the Killer for his one health state because he doesn’t have a timer ticking down till he falls."
Why not, i don't know... go after the one unhooking instead of tunneling? The risk a survivor takes to save someone should allow the saved person some safety. As a killer you can quite easily hit the unhooker, and then hit them again after they've unhooked... It's almost like a trade off or something that you can make if you're camping or running back to the hook on every unhook.
This had one page yesterday..... wth
You know these I-frames aren't eternal? They only last until the unhooker gets on his feet and regains control of his character. (Flashlight save killer edition) It's not guaranteed escape/hit. ALSO if they had Dead Hard when you downed them (C'mon it had to happen) just wait a second they will panic and use it
Salt fuels this forum.
It creates us... Divides us... Encourages us...
With the upcoming BL nerf and the other survivor buffs the game will finally reach the point where all survivors escape every match. Survivors get their nice thrill of getting hunted with no real danger and they can create a funny YT video for their friends.
Killers then have to be strong and don´t adapt. It will be hard for a time, but once you get used to 0 kills every match it gets easier. Survivors will tell killers to git gud. But killers need to stay strong and accept the loss. Because if killers adapt like they did in the past, they will only get more nerfs. But if killers stay strong and don´t adapt, they´ll get buffed like survivors did. Because survivors will complain on the forum that they can´t find any matches on high ranks.
lol SovererignKing at it again
The changes discussed in the Q&A vid are very welcome to those with a brain. Some changes might not make it given the PTB data, so how about we wait until things go live. Then all the dumb killers here can start moaning for no reason.
WHAT BUFFS? LOL
Tell me : How am I camping when I find a ######### Survivor on the other side of the damn map and CHASE HIM, and he RUNS TO THE HOOKED GUY, then unhooks him? How is that MY FAULT? WHY is it my fault I’m not stupid and go for the guy who’s closer to death on his second or third hook? WHY is it my fault the idiot team mate hook rushed?
Horvath often ask for our opinion on purposed changes, and I’m going to give it. You don’t like it? Tough #########.
Well, you could have confidence in your play and just hit the guy who unhooked in your scenario, knowing that you'll get the other guy again. You make a trade, as Duck pointed out, then continue killing. You don't have to be a complete ######### to win as killer, believe it or not. You do you, just don't moan that you aren't allowed to be an ######### as much when good QoL changes are made.
Commenting on a Q&A thread and laughting because you haven´t informed yourself.
Buffs like integrated Kindred for every survivor. Longer invincibillity after being unhooked, exhaustion refreshing on the hook so they can use sprint burst right off the hook.
I consider those strong buffs.
"longer invincibility after being unhooked" Dude, do you even listen to anything? They're invisible until their feet touch the ground. it's not like they're running around unhittable. YOU LITERALLY HIT THEM A FEW FRAMES LATER ITS NOT A BUFF ITS A MINOR CHANGE TO AT LEAST GIVE THEM A CHANCE TO ESCAPE HOLY COW.
Do you think they're just letting survivors run around with i frames until the next pallet? jesus.
git gud
And what happens once their feet hit the ground? Sprint Burst kicks in. Now the killer can´t connect a hit, the survivor reaches the next pallet and looping starts all over again.
Btw. Invisible is something else.
Lol, as if the lunge animation isn't so long that it'll cancel out the sprint burst anyway.
Also, if you're that close when unhooking you're pretty much facecamping anyway.
I used invincibility previously in the post so you know what I meant, I made a typo. Get off your little high horse, correcting spelling for a word I've already used correctly in the previous sentence just makes you look awful.
I´m not the one on a high horse who makes fun of other posts. I just pointed out that it´s a completely different thing. Not just a typo.
But doesn´t feel good to get corrected does it?
Don´t worry, i won´t hurt your feelings anymore. I promise.
Sprint Burst makes the survivor immune to a hit, since the hit registration doesn´t work. That´s the whole point about it. Also face camping doesn´t exist anymore. It was removed back in october 2017.
Would you like to know more?
You're so childish and condescending. I don't make fun or troll posts. I give my opinion and other people don't like it because it requires them to adjust to the updates become better killers/Survivors.
Also being corrected on a word I've used correctly in the sentence doesn't bother me, it just shows your immaturity to have an actual conversation.
"Sprint Burst Makes Survivor Immune"
oh my god, you must not play killer at all, I'm sorry for accusing you of being that. I've hit plenty of survivors as their sprint burst activates.
Also, just a little tid bit for you - exhaustion runs down on the hook naturally, no one seems to be complaining about this but suddenly it's super OP because it'll be cleared regardless of how long you're on the hook for? LOL
"Also face camping doesn´t exist anymore. It was removed back in october 2017.
Would you like to know more?"
Face camping is the act of standing infront of the survivor while they're hooked, so you're guaranteed a hit on them or the other person when they're being unhooked. It doesn't matter what angle you get pulled off from, a killer can still stand an inch away from you - AKA FACE CAMPING.
God you need to learn some more about this game before trying to be rude, lol.
Hold ma beer.
Here are the devs explaining what face camping is/was and all the other types of camping.
Enjoy!
So you're saying killers can no longer stand within 1 meter of survivors?
(hint, I've seen it happen even after the update)
please, continue to tell me how face camping doesn't exist.
Hold the pitch forks till you get to play with and against it.
This is what I'm saying - I've said it before. It's not even through PTB and people are still moaning about it. It's embarrassing.
It may or may not make it in the game. See what the timing is like.
Anyways, back in the real world, I'm concerned about people getting unhooked after I leave the hook, getting their free SB in the opposite direction, and getting to heal / reset the game state to punish my "fair play."
Exhaustion already depletes on the hook, lol.
Congratulations.
Confidence is one thing, foolish is another. You’re whining you want killers to play foolish because “it’s not fun!”
Guess what buttercup, it’s not fun fun being Looped. Yet I deal with it every single match.
Let's change the word then! The Almost facecamp. Now are you happy?
Its called stacking game mechanics. Immunity to damage off the hook into immunity from a hit via I-frames from start up of Sprint Burst. You can hit Survivors who are Sprint Bursting, but NOT at the start up. If they ran into you, congratulations, you got a hit because the Survivor is an idiot.
Exhaustion on running down on a hook is fine. Reset is NOT fine because it literally means that with the new I-frames on unhook, EVERY TIME a person gets unhooked if they have Sprint Burst or are at least not incompetent morons with Dead Hard it’s literally a guaranteed I-frame into I-frame combo the ensures they will gain plenty of distance. Maybe not in the middle of a cornfield, but on most maps, they will AT LEAST make it to a Pallet or Loop.
Surv main spotted. Not worth any response. Especially after you said that you gained BL3 on a regular basis. With the......you know what.....not worth my time. You are a surv main. Nothing else to say.
Uh, I'm not whining in the slightest. If the survivor playing poorly rushes a hook, punish him. Not the guy on the hooks fault. But again, you do you, sweetie.
Yikes
Yeah i am seeing a return of the bullying coming back. Scream loud enough, review bomb enough and if enough darling survs quit playing then no more pretty cosmetics will be sold in a game that is hanging on by threads as it is. So rather than no money killers might be screwed again. Lets wait and see what the new killers/survs/perks bring to the game. Things might change. I wont be buying them. I am done sinking money into a game that is on life support.
How about attempting a discourse, instead of being a pleb and writing like you're so damn kewl?
lol
Yee.
The word you are searching for is HARD camping.
I shall not rest, untill everyone says hard camping instead of face camping!
Beautiful.
How so? You can't hit the guy that just go unhooked anyway, even if you run paint brush + Z block they can still get off and do something for 3 seconds after. If anything, Freddy is the least affected by the i-frames.
I am so sorry but are you real?
If survivors rush in like beheaded chicken, it is their own fault and they deserve to be punished and camping strategy should work there. If they understand that the killer camps, then they should turn it into an opportunity and gen rush him. If the killer understands that the other survivors are gen rushing him, then he should make a move or accept a loss. If one side plays badly, that side should lose, period.
If one side uses a tool to get something, another side should have a tool to counter it. For camping, survivors have gen rushing option. Also they have a perk option called kindred and they can use it. Why do they get an extra option for nothing?
I need to see the next bloodlust effect and other changes to say something but inbuilt kindred is one of the worst ideas I have ever heard in this game.
Can you Dream People during I-Frames?
More particularly, during Sprint Burst I-Frames?
BL is irrelevant in this case, but it’s been balanced with DS you can’t ask for survivors to have les pallets, less windows, less speed, no DS and still expect to keep the killer chase perks
Love the salt from OP
So strong yet nobody uses it.. I see I see.. lol
I looove the idea of Kindred, and I sincerely hope they give people tier 3 for free.
Too often do I see survivors hook rushing or camping a hook expecting the killer to leave and wasting precious time as a result. Heck, it's not uncommon for some people to waste the full two minute hook time waiting around like an idiot instead of doing the objectives in the meantime.
As well, I've actually seen quite a few killers literally camp a hook for two minutes while me and the other survivors are working on the same generator half a map away. Meanwhile I'm wondering what the guy's problem is since no one's even attempting an unhook. Then he repeats for the next guy if the game isn't done yet.
I'm hoping this innate Kindred effect can promote a more efficient playstyle for survivors by giving them the information they need to act smarter. This would, in turn, maybe motivate some killers to get out there and actually try interacting with other players. Now this would definitely increase gen rushing, but I'm optimistic that encouraging survivors to play more optimally might open the doors to introducing new objectives to slow the game down (I mean, they did mention - fingers crossed!) in a meaningful and fun way. This would hopefully alleviate the killer's time-related burdens, especially with the introduction of an innate Kindred.
Not to mention, talk about the incentive to run Open Handed (with a likely cap to seeing the killer's aura via Kindred's effects).
It is a terrible idea and will never work in favor of a killer.
Sometimes, survivors think that somebody will go and unhook the person on the hook. They continue to do the generators and the survivor on the hook gets to second phase. Works for the killer.
Sometimes 2 survivors run to the hook and get a save. The killer was able to waste 3 survivors' time at that moment. If he chases somebody, then the whole game halted. Works for the killer.
When kindred is used, we will be able to see if there is a survivor near a hook. If I see somebody around the hook, why would I waste my time to go there instead of repairing a generator?
Then you can ask why should it be in favor of the killer? Why should not survivors gain favor by getting hooked?
Getting hooked means a failure and we try to award it by giving a buff to survivors. It should not happen naturally. You can keep your kindred as a perk and use it but innate ability is too much. People don't understand but this change is much more problematic than bloodlust imo.
I would hardly call this massive. All the good and okay killers should have no problem dealing with this because it's not a big change. The kindred thing may not happen and even if it does they're just trying to make SWF and playing solo more closely related so they can balance the game easier so im here for it.
That's a lie.
Exactly!
These inconsistencies in player actions due to the uncertainties of the situation often create killer-sided benefits. That's part of the problem in my opinion actually, as it's artificially making killers stronger in games by basing that strength on survivor decisions. This in turn, can make the idea of buffing killers kind of scary due to the snowballing potential from inadequate survivor responses alone.
Why not instead make these actions more consistent for survivors, and reward killers in some other way?
Maybe the addition of new objectives to give the killer more time to act, or perhaps a debuffing for hooking survivors for the first time? Maybe both, or something new entirely?
What I want from this new Kindred is for power to be more consistently measured and controlled by giving survivors the information to act more appropriate to a given situation. Then subsequently balance around that. I want to see killers rewarded not for survivor ignorance and stupidity, but for their own plays, decisions and accomplishments. Maybe even see an increase in the opportunities for such plays by the introduction of new meaningful objectives to off-set the time lost by increased survivor efficiency.
Yes, you're giving survivors additional information for free. But in exchange, I'm hoping for more consistent results in-game, less snowballing for either side, and hopefully better balance decisions when less variables are present. I really do feel this would be a decent step towards that.
"Though just like so many whining Survivors, you"
Like all the other mains on this website - label me as a survivor because i disagree with cry baby killers.
I play both equally.
I'm not moaning about face camping, I don't care much to be honest, but to say it doesn't happen is to say survivors never run sprint burst.