Survive With Friends Is NEVER Going Anywhere (MASSIVE Survivor Buffs)
In the latest stream (Q&A), they basically cement the idea that SWF is the new standard game mode.
Yee.
Tagged:
Mod
In the latest stream (Q&A), they basically cement the idea that SWF is the new standard game mode.
Yee.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
When pursuing.... I often to get stunned and blind sided a bit when someone turns around and slaps me with hard wood
I thought that only happened in pornos.
Ace May look like a sexy beast.... but in reality..... yeah he’s totally a sexy beast
I get chased by clowns all day too. I just call them coworkers.
Oh sweet - A plethora of Killers buffs come and survivors mains complain but are still playing.
Now it's time for the survivors to get some quality of life stuff and now the Killer mains complain.
Lets all try to remember the stuff will be PTB tested and if you cry enough it wont happen.
These threads do nothing but agitate the community and start arguments. Let's see how it is in the PTB first.
The pallets should have mind games but there also needs to be more places to hide and lose the killer so survivors aren't forced into the looping behavior. I'd love to have 2-3 if not more ways to go if I run into a trash heap area and the killer won't know which way I'm going to go if i run in and then sneak off.
The mist is fine and killers use it as well since as Trapper I love thicker mist, same for Hag players. Throw in the Pig and it's like Myers jump scares only worse because you can't actually see the last 2. I've had matches where as trapper 2 did purple mist and 2 did common mist. I got swamp and it was hilarious.
I've had similar results with Pig on that map and other maps like Shelter Woods, Auto Haven etc all are great with thicker mist. Myers laughs at the mist issue, the doctor laughs about your mist complaints. If you're worried about the mist then throw in an offering that greatly reduces it if you're killer isn't the mist loving type.
I went the other way with my warning. Funny how the forum is more policed than the game.
Asking for a friend

For me my frame rate is kinda worse after 2.0. Sometimes my frame rate has a stroke when i use blink on certain maps but i have little issues with other maps. One time i had a massive frame rate drop that ended up crashing the app in the middle of a game where i was absolutely slaying lol. Overall i have had no issues before 2.0 but that patch has caused me to have a bit more trouble using blink.
A guaranteed escape after being unhooked is pretty devastating.
It's even worse if the killer actually leaves / is not near the hook, as the newly rescued survivor can immediately sprint off in the opposite direction, get [self]/team-healed, and reset the game state.
Agreed. 2.0 came around the 4th or 5th. I played until the 15th i believe was the last time i played. The frame rate drop actually made me nauseous. I've been able to play other stuff just fine.
Best post of the day! LMAO!!!
**edited**
Jkjkjklololol (orange isn't my color)
I see a prison jumpsuit in your near future.
It isn't set in stone how it's going to work and my post was about other things than what you're describing. Besides the hook farming is beyond stupid for both sides and a fix is needed.
It's not a guaranteed escape, it's a CHANCE to escape. Currently there is 0 chance to escape if you get unhooked close to the killer because they can hit you before you can act. Now there will be a small SMALL window for the survivor to dodge a hit. I'm willing to bet the end result will still be the same, but since you as survivor have control of your character it'd feel less BS because you at least had a chance.
I'd love to know all about their invincibility frames.
If you aren't a camping killer you won't be there when they're unhooked anyway, lol.
It doesn't really change much - as a killer you either camp and the survivors do gens anyway.
Or you leave the hook and the survivor gets saved.
The only thing it really helps is survivors knowing each others location which will result in better saving. But seeing as 80% of players are 4-Man SWF Teams (Lol) it doesn't really matter as they know all the info anyways.
A counter would be to make insidious "Hide the aura of the killer when in range of the hook" etc etc.
80% are swf? no.
yes insidious should hide the aura
it takes a bit of determination to wreck this game but they seem ambitous.
Seriously - It doesn't change much at all. But as you're a rank 15 killer I wouldn't expect you to know much about it.
######### are you smoking lol
Lol, I like how this comment went from
"I've been rank one for years ######### are you smoking"
to "I've been rank one dozens of seasons over the last two years"
to "I've been rank one dozens of seasons over the last two years ######### are you smoking"
Make your mind up, lmao.
I don't really care for rank much, but I'm still always floating between rank 1/2 on both killer and survivor. lmao.
I've never seen you either... it's almost like where you live might change who you match up with. A smart person could figure that one out.
sounds like some good quality of life changes for solo survivors, hopefully the devs will change more stuff to put swf and solo survivors on a more even playing field, could change the Hex: Ruin to a Perk, that's only active for the first 3 gens, deactivates after only 2 gens are left.
About NOED, not sure about changing it back to a perk, survivors would lose the reason to cleanse dull totems, but as a Hex, swf have better chances of countering it
EDIT: I guess their could show a indicator of how many totems have been cleansed for survivors
yes, a strict set of "ethics" they adhere to in these parts. i don't see myself doing much here, just testing theories. enjoy.
Nope, no follow up questions.
I accepted long ago that rank doesn't mean anything and just having fun is where it's at. So bragging about it on a forum is just as useless as bragging about forum stats on a forum so I find it best to avoid.
Rank doesn´t mean anything, IF you manage to reach rank 1.
If you don´t, than it really means a LOT.
A person who never reached rank 1, shouldn´t be talking about balance. Or we get another Freddy situation, where rank 20 survivors with less than 10 hours in the game, thought he´s OP.
I can't say that the "inbuilt Kindred" sounds like a good idea to me.
A few weeks ago, I saw a forum post where someone suggested that Self Care not be nerfed and that instead, they implement "alternatives" to healing that were easier to counter as a means of encouraging Survivors to play without Self Care in the first place - such as stronger Med-Kits and the like. A second poster replied, saying that it wouldn't fix the core issue and that it would actually defeat the purpose of the update. They said that survivors would still use Self Care regardless and would just stack it with these better Med-Kits and be stronger than ever. That's how I feel about this Kindred update: if it goes through, it won't help with the communication issues and Survive With Friends players will just use it more effectively, keeping the skill gap between them and solo players just as wide, if not wider.
I actually play Kindred in my solo matches pretty consistently, so I can tell you from first-hand experience that "knowing where everyone is" is not a good substitute for being able to talk over an open channel. It's helped of course, but not in the sense that it fixes the problem. More like it puts a band-aid over it. After all, you can't use Kindred to strategize, you can't use it to give away the killer's identity or location (unless they camp), you can't use it to tell anyon> @Jack11803 said:
Well the point is that the Survive With Friends players are getting just as much (if not more) from this potential update than solo players. And that doesn't "close the gap" as they're trying to do.
Which is just sad and explains a lot about the ongoing problems of this game.
Devs should really hold regular matches against high rank players on both sides to see where the problems are.
Kindred by default though...What a gigantic buff.
Sorry, but that Perk's incredibly strong.
Only reason you don't see it often is because it's not a chase-prolonging (Decisive Strike, Sprint Burst), taking-care-of-yourself (Decisive Strike, Self Care) Perk.
Oh, and because SWF.
Dead Hard has 3 invincibility frames flat out. As you know.
Now the developers want to give invincibility frames right off the hook as well.
“If you aren’t a camper, it won’t effect you” ... Where have I heard that before... oh right. Here we go : https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=UZuZ7Yoj4jY
That was the same excuse Survivors used to justify how broken the old Borrowed Time was. How badly it promoted hook rushing. How it punished Killers who didn’t camp as well.
Sprint Burst i-Frames - Lag. Just like when a survivor is on the other side of dropping a pallet and still gets hits.
Dead Hard - It's literally meant to be this way, that's how it works - easy to fake out, if dead hard upsets you you're bad at the game
I-Frames off the hook, almost like they don't want killers to tunnel or something, hit a second later and you'll be fine big boy.
Hey, look! A video made before the well deserved borrowed time nerf. Neeeext!
This new unhook feature will be abused to hurt those who don’t camp as well.
Given the new borrowed time the video is irrelevant. now the claudette would have been downed and he would have hooked her. This issue has been addressed.
I agree on this issue.
Please don´t tell anyone. I´ve got a reputation to lose.
”#########! He found me!”
“Come grab me off the hook! I’ll Dead Hard/Sprint Burst away to safety or go to a Loop for free cause he can’t hit me right off he hook!”
All this will do is promote Hook Rushing. Hell, if the Killer is far enough away, it’s a freebie for both doing the unhook and the hooked person. Won’t even have to use Borrowed Time anymore and risk the Killer chasing the guy till the timer runs out. Most of all combined with the “status ailments reset on being hooked” so there is no chance to be exhausted so you can’t use your exhaustion perk.
In fact, it’s even worse than the old BT. Now the unhooked guy is guaranteed to get to take off to a Loop, and Loop the crap out of the Killer for his one health state because he doesn’t have a timer ticking down till he falls.