Survive With Friends Is NEVER Going Anywhere (MASSIVE Survivor Buffs)
In the latest stream (Q&A), they basically cement the idea that SWF is the new standard game mode.
Yee.
Tagged:
Mod
In the latest stream (Q&A), they basically cement the idea that SWF is the new standard game mode.
Yee.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Survivors are also getting MASSIVE buffs.
In-built kindred, invincibility frames while being unhooked (killer will act as though they hit a hooked survivor if the survivor has not regained control after unhooking), and HOOKING REMOVES EXHAUSTION.
Chase that guy for 2 minutes after a well-time Sprint Burst and hook them?
Oh no, they're getting unhooked! * watches them mash Sprint and escape during I-Frames *
Fair and balanced, fam, especially with the speed of BL3 being nerfed by 50%.
How are you going to hit them if they're mashing Sprint during their I-Frames?
The in-built Kindred is fair, because every action should have some sort of consequences - also camping. Invincibility frames were very much needed after being unhooked. It caused too much frustration and it used to be in the game, but it was removed for animation reasons. It wasn't even a balance reason, but animations.
BL needs to go. It's one of the reasons I stopped playing killer and I always felt like it was carrying me when I reached tier III, so I would intentionally lose it. Maps need to be balanced before it can be removed, but then it should go 100% once maps are balanced enough for both sides to work out if you play optimally. Never forget both sides need to play optimally and everyone needs to analyze their mistakes.
Maps are never going to be balanced tho. Balance would mean a decrease of pallets. I'm not talking about only 1 or 2 pallets. I'm talking about 5 or something like that. And if even one more pallet gets removed per map, survivors are gonna review bomb the game again and then get a buff
The BL change had nothing to do with the review bombs or any of these changes. They were talked about before and it was always said they will monitor every change, because the exhaustion nerf hit perks that should not have been hit by it. Only Sprint Burst needed to be nerfed and I still think it needs to be nerfed. Reduce speed you run at with the exhaustion nerf.
I think long wall windows are something that are overlooked a lot of times. These need to go. Literally just go, because all of them are nuisance or remove the pallet that's usually right next to a long wall window, but most of them need to go, because they're a issue for both sides.
And if you chase the guy for 2 minutes with SB, it's still two minutes he couldn't use it compared to how it used to be, so the chase might have been longer than 2 minutes with the previous SB.
Well, what level of Kindred are we talking about here? T1 is pretty good. T2 is even better. T3 might be OP. If they are making Kindred default, then my biggest question is, what happens to Kindred? Will it be changed or removed?
Good question. I think that could be asked in the next Q&A. I will see if I can get a answer earlier though. I think T2 would be fair. I agree T3 would be too much.
Actually, did they answer that in the current Q&A?
I dunno. I don’t keep up with devs and their mischief.
"because every action should have some sort of consequences"
Like getting hooked refills your exhaustion.
C'mon, folks, let's take a nice relaxing break on the hook.
-Mashes Sprint while getting unhooked-
Camping has a very real consequence - It's a loss vs SWF / anyone that realized you're standing still.
Bloodlust would not be necessary if they:
1) Balanced the maps
2) Fixed the hitboxes to remove Nascar Racing Sim 2000
as long as we are on the topic, the devs have been asked for like 6 months now in every QA about why the report form was taken down before another was put up, and how long it will take to make one. they dodge the question every single time, to the point where its become a joke around here, since apparently its easier to make dlc like maps, killers and survivors, than to make a basic web form.
the lack of a report and the ingame one being a joke (proof with video goes unchecked for months) has lead to an influx of speedhackers in the past few months, but bhvr wouldnt know that since they dont have a system to keep track of it.
i dont honestly expect answers, i just want you to know that this looks bad.
You are overreacting.
BREAKS PALLET
And I cannot give you any information in that regards. I've my limitations. I've to use the same report system as everyone else, but in the long run that's not the topic at hand
.> @Raccoon said:
It depends with camping, because a lot of people will still rush in like beheaded chicken. So it can easily be beneficial for those who camp.
And it is way too punishing that exhaustion wouldn't go down when you're hooked. Now for clarification, I actually did not watch the Q&A (the irony as mod). Is it literally like it resets or that it still has the normal exhaustion effect? The latter is what I'm okay with, if it literally resets, no spank you.
BL is the same reasoning I gave earlier - balance maps and you added the hitbox issue.
I honestly can't believe what the devs are doing to killers. This is a disaster.
We didn't even get a single piece of good news from this Q&A. Bhvr clearly hates us and prefers the survs
@Gay Myers (Luzi)
Resets
?
" Is it literally like it resets or that it still has the normal exhaustion effect? "
Ok that is a yikes.
Eh? It didn't look like that to me.
Some small buffs. I'm not worried .
If they nerf DS the same patch it's still a big killer win.
I can't say that the "inbuilt Kindred" sounds like a good idea to me.
A few weeks ago, I saw a forum post where someone suggested that Self Care not be nerfed and that instead, they implement "alternatives" to healing that were easier to counter as a means of encouraging Survivors to play without Self Care in the first place - such as stronger Med-Kits and the like. A second poster replied, saying that it wouldn't fix the core issue and that it would actually defeat the purpose of the update. They said that survivors would still use Self Care regardless and would just stack it with these better Med-Kits and be stronger than ever. That's how I feel about this Kindred update: if it goes through, it won't help with the communication issues and Survive With Friends players will just use it more effectively, keeping the skill gap between them and solo players just as wide, if not wider.
I actually play Kindred in my solo matches pretty consistently, so I can tell you from first-hand experience that "knowing where everyone is" is not a good substitute for being able to talk over an open channel. It's helped of course, but not in the sense that it fixes the problem, moreso in the way that it puts a band-aid over it. After all, you can't use Kindred to strategize, you can't use it to give away the killer's identity or location (unless they camp within 8 meters), you can't use it to tell anyone where the Exit Gates, generators, totems, traps, items, hooks, or basement is, you can't use it to reveal the Killer's perks when you die, you can't tell anyone what perks you have...and so on and so forth.
Actually, there have been instances where Kindred put me at a disadvantage. For example, if I'm playing with a Survive With Friends group of three people, then they'll usually keep me on the hook for as long as possible so they can use the aura reading ability in their favor, never minding the fact that I'm not getting to play or sometimes that I don't get to survive the round.
That's lowkey kinky and I'm okay with that.
We sure do need two threads at the top of the forum saying the same thing.
IDK about you, but every time I'm killed in real life, I show up at a campfire ready to get killed again.
There's several all by the same posters all repeating the same regurgitated arguments after not getting the fuzzy responses they crave. It's almost as if they have amnesia where they forgot how they told the survivors to adapt and or wait to see how things actually work out.
dev2: “well fine, we will tell them to adapt and give it a couple weeks. if they review bomb us tho, we will be forced to cave to their demands.”
dev1: “of course we will. you want that new boat right?”
Pretty good job so far!!! I don't want any buffs or nerfs. I just want the frame rate fixed on console. The port over was ok until 2.0, I literally get migraines and nauseous playing now.
Killers will learn to adapt in time. I am only disappointed we got no news on the next event start date.
Wiping out Exhaustion from being hooked is clearly to assist survivors being farmed.
If you're still debuffed with Exhaustion, you're being unhooked by a person who could not wait 30 seconds for you. Usually this means that you're a solo survivor who cannot communicate when your debuff is running out, or that you're being farmed. Otherwise, it changes nothing. This is not a "buff", as much as it is a QoL change.
Considering that they've nerfed survivors across the board with the pallet vacuum, and buffed underused killers and killers across the board with pick up times, it's unsurprising that they're balancing solo and SWF gameplay. This is a positive, and quite expected turn of events (ex: Obsession shown to everyone).
Makes no sense to not give it to both. People need to stop being obsessed with handicapping players for inviting their friends to play. Worry more about being thrown under the bus for wanting to play solo.
Devs: "Pallet vacuum is dead."
Forum: "ENTITLED SURVIVORS NEED TO ADAPT OR DIE"
Devs: "Survivors won't instadie from trolling teammates anymore."
Forum: "REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE"
It is brutal, currently anytime a killer uses a power especially on shelter woods, Lampkin lane, pale rose, and autohaven. In the war of console vs pc. Pc in this regard wins hands down. Sometimes it looks like someone watch a video of someone watching a video of somebody watching a video on their iphone.
painful
Oh my bad. I think it's both.
xo
As a console nurse i can only say that i may switch to pc for better controls...
I honestly haven't played in over two weeks at this point and it isn't because of a strike or silly nerfs. I don't care about any of that or lobby wait times. I really hope they at the very minimum get it back to where it was before 2.0
Not much SWF can get from this, they don’t need location so it doesn’t buff em too much. I’m just glad solo may no longer be 3 idiots crouching around a face camper 15m away. “He’ll leave eventually”
All the credit in the world to you for playing Nurse. I've seen really good ones in the red ranks. The best anticipate where the survivor will go. How do you find it now after 2.0 as oppose to before. It was never great but, i'm not crazy right the frame rate will drop out of nowhere.
@fcc2014
I’m sorry, I was gone; but why are so many people forum banned (behind bars)?
Every pallet should have a mindgame. There should honestly only be 2 god pallets on every map near spots where basements spawns (eg. shack). There are too many pallets that are safe because there's no mindgame. There are also too many very LONG loops on some maps.
They also need to get rid of mist entirely. The only ones who use it are survivors, it doesn't benefit killer in any way.
Just remove it from killer webs, so they can get sum sexy add ons
yeah im taking a little break myself this season, and i tell myself its due to waiting on the next double bp event, but its also due to how much of a mess the game is right now. the tinker thing should have been hotfixed within 24 hours.
New mods showing they have some power. I think Epic got one too which is great!!! We won't get 16 threads a day as a cry for help. You will also notice lots of threads closed. How have you been?
Morf attempted to give me an exorcism... NO ONE CAN SMITE THIS DWIGHT GOD