Survive With Friends Is NEVER Going Anywhere (MASSIVE Survivor Buffs)
In the latest stream (Q&A), they basically cement the idea that SWF is the new standard game mode.
Yee.
Tagged:
Mod
In the latest stream (Q&A), they basically cement the idea that SWF is the new standard game mode.
Yee.
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Time for another strike?
Well it literally cant happen anymore because devs removed it. You can unhook from all angles now. Its impossible to secure a hook unless you are a chainsaw killer
Why are we acting like "Face camping" was the same as "Hook Blocking".
Giving survivors more information to be on par with SWF is obviously not intended to benefit the killer. Why should it? The point is so that solos' experience isn't absolute trash compared to grouping up.
Getting hooked shouldn't spell out instant death just because you decided to queue alone. Being able to coordinate with other solos will alleviate being left for dead on the hook and discourage camping.
The pallet changes, pick up changes (flashlight and save nerf), and low-tier killer changes are what is working to benefit killers as a whole. Soon, we'll have 4 killers buffed, with Pig confirmed on reddit as well. Changes that aren't dedicated to buffing killers aren't "problematic", they serve to fix other areas of the game.
Because that is what face camping means
If you wanna refer to a killer standing close to a hook nowdays, then it is called camping.
I feel there's a definitive difference between camping and standing one inch from a survivor making it harder to unhook.
Yes, why wouldn't you be able to?
And does SB even have i-frames? I don't think it does I think it just distends your hitbox. I've never had an instance where someone was immune to being slept.
I know for sure that SB had i-frame once, not sure how it is currently.
I remember smashing a sprinbursting survivor with a chainsaw e.g. and nothign happened.
SB doesn't keep you from being slept nor being hit and it never has, the smarter killers adjust accordingly.
How do you explain it that if you chase a sprinbursting survivor as billy and you get into "hit range", then the chainsaw just stops as if you were stuck on sth and the hit isnt applied.
Clearly powerbats has some secret Dance Magic up his sleeve!
Maybe everyone else is just massively ignorant and this lone dude is right >_>
Face Camping? Nah.
Hard Camping? Nah.
I'mma call it DEATH CAMPING @_@
Bloodlust should not have been nerfed until every single god loop was removed. They just gave in to the scrubby children because of all the whining. It’s sad.
Status effects being removed is stupid. Another pointless buff to Survivors.
Giving Survivors a built-in Kindred 3 shouldn’t have happened until SWF was nerfed. They are bringing this in too early.
Didn't need this latest news to know SWF is never going anywhere.
Actually if they give killers abilities with which they can make plays, I am all for making game more complicated for skilled and intelligent players to show themselves. With this change, survivors will be able to make plays without losing anything. The problem here is that they give this buff to survivors without giving anything to the killer side. IMO, except for top tier killers, game is already survivor sided and this is why survivors could easily handle exhaustion nerf etc.
I have quoted somebody and wrote my own post as an answer to him. The reason why I said that the new change would not work in favor of the killers was because he said something like it was going to be helpful for the killer side too. The sentence before the last sentence seemed like an innate kindred would be helpful for the killer. However he also mentioned secondary objective so most probably it was my own misunderstanding.
I believe the survivor side is already powerful enough to beat the most killers if not top 3. Although there are some strategies that can be played against SWF, lets not act as if SWF is balanced. Making solo survivors as good as SWF is not a good idea.
Although I disagree that getting hooked is an instant death, even if it is, you can sacrifice a perk slot for kindred. To this day, in order to prolong the game for a minute, hex ruin invaded most of the killers' one perk slot. I believe that the survivor side can do the same thing for themselves.
That's still an issue with the hitboxes the phantom kind they fixed but made worse. Before it was get a hit/hit when there shouldn't have been one or don't when there should've been one. Billy's are hitting me around trees and rocks right now similar to Leatherface swing radius.
Or perhaps I know what i'm talking about based upon experience and past posts from others about the you know phantom hit boxes thing.How about all the Freddy players that have no issue with it at rank 1-2, at least those with the proper addons.
I see.
Tell me more about this issue and its relation to Sprint Burst in particular.
Did I call you a Survivor Main? No, I said whining Survivor. By your own admission, you play both equally, so its the Survivor player in you whining.
Secondly, again, face camping isn’t possible because facecamping was body blocking the hook to remove the unhook prompt option. So no, it’s doesn't happen because with the introduction of Swivel Hooks, it’s no longer even possible to do.
You are moaning. And your using the word “facecamping” in order to add a more dramatic tone to your argument because it’s “powerfully foul.” That way you can make it sound much more horrible than it really is, and give your argument more weight.
You do know Freddy’s sleep mechanic isn’t an active single target hit box mechanic, right? It’s a “straight line” status ailment AoE that’s active in front of him. There is quite a large difference in an active single target hit box, and an active AoE hit box. You don’t have to be anywhere near as precise with an AoE, most of all one that is permanently active as long as the player holds the button.
When a Killer scores a hit on a Survivor, that’s because the “snapshot” the game registered has The Killers active hit box overlapping the Survivors hit box. This is precise. Freddy’s sleep mechanic is an active AoE, meaning the game takes MUTIPLE “snapshots” and if at ANYTIME, a Survivors hit box overlaps that AoE through MUTIPLE snapshots, the game registers it. When you swing for a hit it’s limited to ONE snapshot to determine if the hit was successful or a miss.
Freddy’s Sleep AoE has MUTIPLE frames to succeed. A regular swing has only ONE. Sprint Burst gives I-frames as the game simply doesn’t register the overlap of a single frame because when Sprint Burst is in effect the Survivors hit box is registered as going 150% movement speed, thus it is “ahead” of the Killers active hit box.
No need for another strike.
Just relax and enjoy the ride.
It will be glorious!
I will enjoy riding another game if you dont mind, if these changes actually make it into the game, I dont see myself playing killer anymore and I never liked playing survivor because it is rather boring and not scary at all
That´s what i mean. Killers will leave the game and survivors will review bomb the game, because they can´t get a lobby.
Survivors review bombed after some minor nerfs, that don´t even affect most of the players. But they pulled the grenade, like they did with Freddy. Devs gave in again and will nerf killers hard. Since killers don´t really have a leverage. Because killers are the minority.
It will be glorious, because once again survivors get exactly what they want and they get a 45+ minute que, just like last october. Devs paniked back then and removed region lock + rushed the release of Leatherface.
Who knows what´s going to happen this time.
I really hope that this will be the case. I hope that most killers gained hope in the game again with the 2.0,2.1 changes btu realize now they we just have been betrayed. They should either switch to survivor or to another game instead of being bullied.
And evne if this means that the game dies, honestly, I would even be somehow happy about that just because devs learned their lesson this way
Can we just remind ourselves you're arguing over nothing, i never complained about face camping. I'm just saying it still exists.
there is no argument to be "powerfully foul" lmfao - stop trying to sound smart you're arguing with me over something that never even happened, you think face camping doesn't exist because you think face camping is hook blocking (LOL). I think face camping exists because killer can oh i don't know... stand face to face with a survivor and not move... almost like they're face camping. LUL
Arguing over me "whining" when i didn't whine. GG.
Also https://support.deadbydaylight.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000442326-Can-I-report-a-player-for-face-camping-
This article from the dbd customer support page that was updated a month agree accepts that face-camping is still in the game
Funny that devs arent even aware of their own definitions. But probably it was just some random mod and not an actual dev, so nvm
Fact is that facecamping has been removed from the game
Or, i don't know. You're twisting the definition to suit yourself. If a killer is kissing the survivor on the hook they are FACE CAMPING. CAMPING THE FACE.
Official customer support.
They literally say if someone continues to face camp and bounce between games searching for specific survivors. They don't mention any other ways to get banned by camping other than face camping. If they're willing to ban people for doing it to the same people it must still be in the game.
Weak and juvenile...What a twist!
You are probably a new player that doesnt know what facecamping actually means.
Never mind.
2200 hours of new playtime my friend
TL;DR
Ehhhh semantics
I wouldn´t give much on the whole customer support thing.
I reported someone who wished me, that my house burns down, with my family inside. He didn´t even get a temp ban. On the other hand i got a temp forum ban for saying "The BNP nerf finally arrived!"
You are consistently rude and condescending. Lets not pretend that sentence got you banned.
Wanna bet?
Sure.
First of all, i never insult. Unlike many others here.
Just in case
LOL Steam. As if that has any relevance to the dbd forums LMFAO.
Also, I watched that video you linked the guy literally says "Face camping - where the killer spends 60% of his time in a 1 metre radius of the survivor". They literally defined face camping as being within a metre so i guess I'm right and this discussion is over.
OH and can we just add that the comment you were banned for was put in a Bug Report? Your comment was totally unnecessary, unhelpful and just you being a troll, ban deserved.
DISCUSSING BANS IS BANNABLE!!!!!
sounds about right. if only they ran the game like the forum.
The reason was because he was trolling a bug report thread - his comment was unnecessary so he was removed.
It was on the General forum. Not the bug report forum.
There´s a difference!
Not sure how the rules are, if the discussion is about a ban from a different forum tho.