I personally don't like the way the future is looking for this game.

I think I genuinely give up with playing this game - nerfing killers again and again, the new rank reset system is terrible - i'm bored of waiting stupidly long for survivor games therefore I have to play killer and i'm already at Rank 2 since reset and it's incredibly unfun going against strong optimal teams consistently. If this is the way the game is headed then... god. Even the Rift System feels like such a chore.

Comments

  • The Queue's are horrible! I 100% agree. The rift/Tome is just more useless crap to grind for in a game that is already super grindy. What I feel we need is new modes! Something to break up the monotony. We have 74 perks for survivor and 67 (I think) for killer, yet we can still only use 4 of them at a time. I'm not really sure we need more perks, more survivors and more "unique" killers, more than we just need a different game type. It's been the same thing for 3.5 years. Personally, I'd love to see killer in 3rd person. Just about anything other than the same old, start 5 gens, open a door and leave.

  • You probably do not go against strong optimal teams consistently, cause that would mean you play always against the same people cause such teams doesnt exist that much.

  • I'm gonna hope they fix the sound bug for killers in the upcoming hotfix, that might get more people to play killer again. I do get that top tier killers have receieved some small nerfs, but it's really not that bad. I don't see how Spirit or Nurse are not viable anymore. I do understand that Nurse isn't fun to play as though, which hopefully will be looked at in the future, and that Spirit can't really hear any footsteps of running survivors at the moment.

    Oni will also get some of his flick back again in the next hotifx, which I hope will be here soon. I do think the devs need to look at the weaker killers from now on and try to buff those.

  • @ad19970 said:

    I'm gonna hope they fix the sound bug for killers in the upcoming hotfix, that might get more people to play killer again. I do get that top tier killers have receieved some small nerfs, but it's really not that bad. I don't see how Spirit or Nurse are not viable anymore. I do understand that Nurse isn't fun to play as though, which hopefully will be looked at in the future, and that Spirit can't really hear any footsteps of running survivors at the moment.

    Oni will also get some of his flick back again in the next hotifx, which I hope will be here soon. I do think the devs need to look at the weaker killers from now on and try to buff those.

    Last time it took them almost a year to fix sound issues. My hope's are below the floorboards in expectations for that.

  • Hey, nothing against the archive.

    While I could constantly rant about bhvr for some of their balancing decisions and the time they need to make some things undone, so I like the new archive.

    Finaly we get some story^^.

    But yes... This game is imo in dire need for some new game modes.*

    Edit: What the comments about gens matters.

  • if they buffed solo surv then maybe they could nerf SWF. solo is way too weak atm.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    You probably do not go against strong optimal teams consistently, cause that would mean you play always against the same people cause such teams doesnt exist that much.

    This soon after a rank reset. What do you expect to occupy the upper ranks?

  • @StrodeWins said:

    if they buffed solo surv then maybe they could nerf SWF. solo is way too weak atm.

    @StrodeWins You realize there is no way to nerf SWF right? They stated this like a million times.

    Solo Surviving is awful but not because it is missing comms, it is because teammates aren’t as reliable as in SWF. I often die on first hook because of their hesistation to pull me off the hook.

  • @Mr_K said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/919751#Comment_919751

    This soon after a rank reset. What do you expect to occupy the upper ranks?

    Its not that difficult to rank up to upper ranks even on the day of rank reset. I did nearly two ranks on my own yesterday, cause I mostly went against lower ranked killers.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/919772#Comment_919772

    @StrodeWins You realize there is no way to nerf SWF right? They stated this like a million times.

    Solo Surviving is awful but not because it is missing comms, it is because teammates aren’t as reliable as in SWF. I often die on first hook because of their hesistation to pull me off the hook.

    then just give the killer more perks for SWF groups (not literal perks, but like bonuses)

    for example, give them double BP for SWF.

    thats fair.

  • Yes, I think this is where the game is headed, as far as red ranks getting back to red ranks faster. They already made it less easy to depip by dc'ing and they'll soon implement the dc penalty to deter that ######### even more. Additionally they're going to redo the rank system that will, in all likelihood, make it easier for killers to rank up.

    I'll miss the old system. I actually like the goal and it makes me play more. Once I get back to 1, I usually slow down. It was also cool to get a bigger pool of opponents. We'll see though. If they make it easy for survivors to rank up too, then it might not change much at all. Have to wait for that to happen though.

  • @Botiz said:

    I think I genuinely give up with playing this game - nerfing killers again and again, the new rank reset system is terrible - i'm bored of waiting stupidly long for survivor games therefore I have to play killer and i'm already at Rank 2 since reset and it's incredibly unfun going against strong optimal teams consistently. If this is the way the game is headed then... god. Even the Rift System feels like such a chore.

    if you are talking about red rank survivor Q's, they are HORRID because there is NOT many red rank killers that want to deal with the BS that is red ranks. that is why many people (like myself) will get to rank 1 killer, then de rank. until 2 things happen this will always be a problem since the balance is SO BLATANTLY BAD at red ranks

    1. give killers a reason to be red ranks, a reward or something
    2. BALANCE THE GAME BETTER SO ITS NOT SO STRESSFUL FOR KILLERS AT RED RANKS

    until these 2 things happen there will be a constant 1 red rank killer for every 100 red rank survivors in the red ranks

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/919756#Comment_919756

    Last time it took them almost a year to fix sound issues. My hope's are below the floorboards in expectations for that.

    Oh boy. But I don't think it has ever been this bad. Like even on interior maps I can't hear any footsteps of running survivors now, and I feel like that was never a problem before. I really hope they don't need so long to fix this bug this time. Especially since such a bug shouldn't actually be reintroduced so often.

  • I wish i could be as brave as you are and just quit too.

  • Devs don't know how to balance the game because they play at rank 15.

    Just look at Mc Cote.

  • @Liruliniel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/919756#Comment_919756

    Last time it took them almost a year to fix sound issues. My hope's are below the floorboards in expectations for that.

    Sad thing is back when they first tested dedicated servers on the ptr (I believe it was with nurse rework?) they had this exact issue. the only reason I remember this for sure is because otz has a perma-video on his secondary channel of him one-blink nursing on haddonfield. one of the gens was probably ~5 meters away inside a hourse on haddonfield and he stopped hearing it altogether

  • @CotJocky said:

    The Queue's are horrible! I 100% agree. The rift/Tome is just more useless crap to grind for in a game that is already super grindy. What I feel we need is new modes! Something to break up the monotony. We have 74 perks for survivor and 67 (I think) for killer, yet we can still only use 4 of them at a time. I'm not really sure we need more perks, more survivors and more "unique" killers, more than we just need a different game type. It's been the same thing for 3.5 years. Personally, I'd love to see killer in 3rd person. Just about anything other than the same old, start 5 gens, open a door and leave.

    I've been beating this drum for a long time. It still amazes me that they haven't taken this step. There are so many different directions they could take this game too. Here are a few ideas:

    @Dreamnomad said:

    Every other weekend, there should be an alternate game mode made available. Once the game mode has been released, it should be permanently available in custom games. There are virtually an infinite number of options available (and I'd love to hear everyone's ideas) but here are a few I've come up with:

    Specific Killer VS Specific Survivor using only their perks at rank 3. For example, The Shape vs Laurie, The Clown vs Kate, or The Pig vs Detective Tapp.

    Super Speed: Both killer and survivor have 30% increased runspeed.

    Darkest Night:The map is pitch black. Survivors all have flashlights that are permanently in the "on" position. The killer has night vision up to 15 feet.

    2 killers vs 6 suvivors

    Random 12: Both killer and survivors all have 12 random rank 3 perks.

    Back to Basics: No perks, items, or add ons.

    Casual Mode: All perks are reduced to rank 1. Items and add ons are restricted to common or uncommon. Offerings are restricted to ones that can increase bloodpoint gain.

    Entity's Eyes: Strange wards appear throughout the map. Anyone (killer or survivor) that passes within 10 meters of a ward will have their aura revealed to everyone on the map. The wards periodically change location.

    Treasure Hunt: No generators on the map. Lots of locked chests are around the map which the killer can see as auras. Survivors must pick the lock requiring skill checks before opening. Most of the chests give survivors a bloodpoint bonus for opening. One chest per map will have a 25,000 bloodpoint bonus. Exit gates are powered after 10 minute timer and chests can't be unlocked after that timer.

    Shopping Spree: Survivors are restricted from bringing items into the match and there are no chests to loot. However, there are 2 zombie vendors that spawn in the match. As survivors and killers perform actions that earn bloodpoints, they also earn another form of currency. They can go to the zombie vendors to purchase items and add ons of their choice. Killers can purchase temporary bonus buffs such as 60 seconds 5% movement increase, 40 seconds survivors have exposed status, etc.

    Totally Random: All Perks, Items, Add Ons, and Offerings are randomly chosen. Perks are chosen from all possible perks and are at rank 3 (regardless whether the player has unlocked the perk or what rank the player's perks are currently at). Items, Add Ons, and Offerings are chosen from all possible options minus event specific offerings. These Items, Add Ons, and Offerings do not consume the player's resources. They are provided by the entity.

    Infection:8 players join a lobby. When the match starts, one is randomly selected to be a random killer with no perks or add ons. The remaining 7 are survivors with no perks or items. There are no hooks on the map, but the killer can Mori survivors in the dying state. Once a survivor is killed they will respawn as a random killer with no perks or add ons. Killers that successfully Mori a survivor earn 1,000 BP. The longer a survivor lives, the larger the bloodpoint bonus at the end.
    First Survivor Killed earns 2500 BP
    Second Survivor Killed earns 3000 BP
    Third Survivor Killed earns 5000 BP
    Fourth Survivor Killed earns 7000 BP
    Fifth Survivor Killed earns 10,000 BP
    Sixth Survivor Killed earns 15,000 BP
    Last Survivor Killed earns 20,000 BP
    Randomly Selected Killer earns 10,000 BP
    Survivors can work on generators, but it takes completion of all 7 generators to power the exit gate. Any survivors that actually escape via the exit gate earn the standard 5,000 BP. Survivors aren't realistically going to escape, nor is it really the goal. The real goal is to be the last survivor alive.

    3 Life Survivors: Survivors have 3 "lives". When the killer catches and puts them on a hook the survivor loses 1 life and is put in a ghost world for 45 seconds after losing the first life and 30 seconds after losing the second life. While the survivor is in the ghost world they can not interact with any objects other than ones that can be vaulted. The world appears black and white and the survivor can not see or touch the other players. They can, however, move at 85% normal move speed to explore the map to find the locations of generators, chests, and totems (though ghost players can not tell the difference between active and inactive totems). The survivor will also earn some bloodpoints for distance traveled in the ghost world.
    After the timer is up the survivor will appear on a random hook at least 32 meters away from the killers current location. The survivor on the hook will see the shroud indication from Insidious around them. This indicates that the killer can not see them on the hook. In fact, the hook that the survivor is on will appear broken to the killer. Other survivors can see the aura of the hooked survivor and unhook them normally at which point they are back in the game. While a survivor is hooked there is no progress meter and there is no struggle phase. Survivors can attempt to free themselves from the hook, but the baseline success chance is 0% for the first attempt and increases by 1% for each attempt after. Attempts for the survivor to free themselves will take 4 seconds. If all the survivors are either dead, in ghost world time out, or hooked then the killer wins. Survivors hooked in the basement are sent to the ghost world for an additional 30 seconds. Perk Slippery Meat is locked in this game mode (since it wouldn't really do anything).


  • Balance pallets and repair speed together so killer doesn't have to play stressed with 3 gens pop 1:30 mins thanks.

  • @CotJocky said:

    The Queue's are horrible! I 100% agree. The rift/Tome is just more useless crap to grind for in a game that is already super grindy. What I feel we need is new modes! Something to break up the monotony. We have 74 perks for survivor and 67 (I think) for killer, yet we can still only use 4 of them at a time. I'm not really sure we need more perks, more survivors and more "unique" killers, more than we just need a different game type. It's been the same thing for 3.5 years. Personally, I'd love to see killer in 3rd person. Just about anything other than the same old, start 5 gens, open a door and leave.

    I actually think it would be cooler to have survivor in first person. It might put some scare factor back into it when you can only look a bit to each side when repairing a gen.

  • This game really does seem to be going down the tubes. The devs are constantly sabotaging their own game. They are only nerfing killers, not buffing any of the weak ones. So we get less killers and thus longer survivor queues.

  • I feel like the biggest mistakes are nerfing the top viable killers (especially nurse) and the new rank reset. I always enjoyed resetting to rank 10 and casually playing all the killers. Now it is a job to be killer with no opportunities to relax. I don't mind being stressed but not all the time. Why the devs nerfed the top killers when survivors can be so powerful is beyond my imagination. One can only hope the devs revaluate the fun factor in the top killers and revert the rank reset.

  • If you're a red rank killer, you probably play like a tryhard, and so you're getting matched against other tryhards. It's working as intended.

    Queue times are definitely a problem though.

  • @Ghoste said:

    If you're a red rank killer, you probably play like a tryhard, and so you're getting matched against other tryhards. It's working as intended.

    Queue times are definitely a problem though.

    I do not try in most of my games, I still end up at red ranks