Need answer from dev. STOP IGNORING.

How do you will explain all negative feedbacks after patch about Legion? You are ignoring all feedbacks/suggestion before patch, now you continue to ignore. Just curious.

Comments

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/892583#Comment_892583

    Purposely ignoring a small subset people and they are disadvantaged because of it is discrimination. Nurse and legion are black sheep.

    Descrimination means acknowledging the difference between two things. It's not inherently a bad thing. So yes, they are discriminating between the opinions of the minority and the majority, because it makes sense to place more weight on the latter than the former.

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    How bout we give it a bit more time... if they make changes to legion and then a month to 2 months down the line we learn the changes were a bit much we're in another pickle... let's play and see what comes how it pans out first.

    Yet the last time, we gave them time, they did nothing to fix the changes they made to Base Kit Nurse.

    Legion is about to get the Nurse treatment where they will ignore post about him, and then post some stats saying his fine and such, or say they re still doing research. I'm sorry but the devs have already lost my trust since the disasterous legion rework, and this legion nerf, along with the nurse nerf makes me trust them even less.

  • @Usui said:

    Why do you think you deserve a response every single time something doesn't appease you?

    We don't. However, there are pages upon pages of suggestions for Legion.

    I think you and I would agree that Legion is fundamentally flawed. Deep Wounds cannot be balanced for both sides.

  • @SaintsxSinners said:

    My lord you all need to calm down. Do you all want to develop, fund and balance a game? They have over a million people playing the game and a long list of gripes to address. Give them time. They aren't going to immediately respond to every single post considering they probably already saw it.

    Name me one multiplayer (much less asymmetrical multiplayer) game that's perfectly balanced in everyone's eyes? I'll wait.

    They're trying to add more content, fix bugs, and balance the new with the old. There's a lot to do and coding all of that isn't easy. Not to mention patches can cost upwards of a million dollars just to push out on a single platform. They can't push one out every week. Playtesting is fine but a lot of balance has to happen on live servers, even for AAA games. Legion was just released a year ago and they've worked on them what, two times already? There are issues older than Legion in the game. Balance isn't easy.

    Just breathe, it's a game. You'll be ok.

    @peanits. Bless you, I don't know how you deal with this lot day in and out.

    Legion is the most prevalent issue and the one people have likely spent the most money on.

    I do have great sympathy for the Devs, I cannot imagine dealing with people, myself included, day in and day out.

  • @DeadByGayDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/892644#Comment_892644

    Devs rarely pay attention to the minority. They pay attention to numbers. The majority always outweighs the minority in any business, because it's better for the game's overall health. If they upset the larger subset of people, that's more backlash, more people quitting, more negative reviews, which all impact income, potential sponsorships, DLC agreements with other companies, etc. They HAVE to listen to the majority or else their numbers will take a serious dive. It's unfair, but it's a business.

    But what happens when a minority is ignored for too long? They leave. Then a new minority is formed, and once they are ignored, they leave too. It is possible to help a minority of players while keeping the majority in mind; the two are not mutually exclusive.

  • @DeadByGayDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/892644#Comment_892644

    Devs rarely pay attention to the minority. They pay attention to numbers. The majority always outweighs the minority in any business, because it's better for the game's overall health. If they upset the larger subset of people, that's more backlash, more people quitting, more negative reviews, which all impact income, potential sponsorships, DLC agreements with other companies, etc. They HAVE to listen to the majority or else their numbers will take a serious dive. It's unfair, but it's a business.

    Okay then leave a paid DLC killer the way they are cause the minority that do play legion and don't want them to be trash but not cheap either will stay ignored. Fine by me it's not like i payed money for them. I used shards, thankfully, kinda glad i figured out it'd be the worst chapter they ever released, I just wish I could get the time i spent grinding them back.

  • @EverflowingRiver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/892652#Comment_892652

    But what happens when a minority is ignored for too long? They leave. Then a new minority is formed, and once they are ignored, they leave too. It is possible to help a minority of players while keeping the majority in mind; the two are not mutually exclusive.

    We are talking strictly about a killer whose power is completely and utterly broken. There is no way for them to craft a power that checks all your little boxes without pissing someone off. You know that phrase "you can't please everyone"? It exists for a reason. THAT is the point.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/892625#Comment_892625

    Descrimination means acknowledging the difference between two things. It's not inherently a bad thing. So yes, they are discriminating between the opinions of the minority and the majority, because it makes sense to place more weight on the latter than the former.

    Both of you are forgetting a little detail in that the majority can't participate unless the minority shows up at the party. In the case of the nurse, there is a shortage in the upper ranks so discrimination is bad here. Voices have been silenced with no empathy.

  • @DeadByGayDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890451#Comment_890451

    "I just think they should consider the minority"

    You do know what the minority is...right? Like, the actual definition of "minority"? If the vast majority of players aren't having issues, why would they even consider the small group of people who are complaining about something? If they change it, they be upsetting the majority and catering to the minority, which is not something anyone should do in any business, especially video games. If it's not seen as a problem to the majority, then it won't get changed. That's how it works, sis.

    If you ignore or oppress the minority I consider that pretty bad personally. Just because you are a minority doesn't mean you don't deserve a say, rights, and such.

  • @Sluzzy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/892655#Comment_892655

    Both of you are forgetting a little detail in that the majority can't participate unless the minority shows up at the party. In the case of the nurse, there is a shortage in the upper ranks so discrimination is bad here. Voices have been silenced with no empathy.

    No one is saying that minority voices aren't important. If the minority voices were being ignored, it wouldn't be a majority vote, it would be a unanimous one. All anyone is saying is that it makes sense for the developers to listen to the opinions of the majority over those of the minority when trying to gauge the general community response to a change.

  • I'm sorry, but are you guys (DEV), can't tell the difference between adjusting, buff or nerf? Seriously?! All we can see as killers, if there is a viable killer, it got nerfed not long after some crying ppl in here.

    Some ppl paid to play some killers. This legion nerfed, s/he already weak enough, and you guys not satisfied, you broke it again to 6 feet under. Why don't you just delete it instead?

    And yes, you guys will ignore this again (like always), because i'm from killer side. Awesome. No wonder you guys have very bad reputation.


    Good job

  • @Peanits said:

    We respond to as much as we can, but we aren't watching only the forums around the clock. Odds are if a post is disrespectful or outright insulting, it's not going to get a response. There's a fine line between constructive criticism and insults, and the latter is not how you have a conversation with another person.

    As far as the basic attack change goes, it's the same as the Pig. It's to create consistency between powers so it's easier to understand what a basic attack is and what works with it. Previously, it was a bit of a mess. Something like Sloppy Butcher would work, but NOED would not. Both activated on basic attacks, but both were treated differently with Feral Frenzy. Not only is this less confusing for someone new to the game, but it also makes it much easier for us to balance.

    As for mending, previously it was too easy to get stuck in an endless loop of mending (with mending times of up to 20 seconds). This left people mending most of the time which isn't exactly thrilling gameplay. There's no interaction between the killer and survivor there.

    The movement speed, vault speed, and pin changes were all common requests.

    Regardless, the changes have only been out for a little over a day at this point, so we'd like to see what kind of effect they have before making knee jerk reactions.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890425#Comment_890425

    We've also commented on similar threads about that exact same thing- it's not coming back because people use it to dodge lobbies. It was never intended to come back.

    May I point you to These threads?

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/109486/oh-look-another-legion-main-crying-because-he-literally-cannot-enjoy-his-favourite-character/p1

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/109666/dramatic-but-this-is-how-i-feel-now/p1


    Cause that's some good feedback for how badly you guys gutted Legion, again. Having your favorite Killer gutted again isn't "engaging Game play" either. Yall made me quit. Just get rid of Deep Wound on Feral Frenzy and go from there! It would be so much easier to balance without nerfing the weakest Killer.... again.

  • @ba_tetsuo said:

    @Peanits Constructive ideas/feedback for legion without any negative connotations:

    Here's a set of changes I've been asking for since the original nerfs:

    Since Legion is all about the rush of stabbing multiple people, while in FF give him a stacking MS bonus for each survivor hit. This bonus would be lost at the end of FF.

    The MS bonus would apply to vaulting pallets and windows as well. Something like a + 0.1 or + 0.2 bonus per survivor hit.

    Yea, 5.4/6/8 looks like a lot, but when you consider the amount of time each survivor has to run while you're going after the first 1 or 2, it still gives them plenty of time to get away.

    Second, no one wants to look at the ground for 4 seconds while they're fatigued, so I suggest a 1.3 second stun at the end. When you math speeds out for how far you can travel while fatigued vs how far survivors can get, a 1.3 second stun gives the exact same numbers as a 4 second slow down. The benefit of this is playing around windows and pallets, which is something legion is supposed to be good at anyway. To explain why it helps with those, here:

    If I'm in FF and chasing a survivor, and they hop a window or pallet as ff wears off, I now have two options. Wait 4 seconds, then vault/break the pallet, or fatigue walk around it. With a 1.3 second stun, the survivors still have the exact same amount of time to gain the same ground in a straight line (straight line is relevant because it was the example you used last time this was talked about), but it allows legion to get back in the game quicker. Staring at the ground for 4 seconds through a blacked out screen isn't exactly "engaging gameplay" as you put it in regards to mending.

    I think these two changes would go a long way towards making legion a realistic threat again, without having to deal with the exploits from before.

    Exactly.

  • Oh but they will wait out the "Knee-jerk" reactions for 2 years or till no one is saying anything anymore. They don't care. They will just wait till we collectively shut up.

  • Honestly, I think the legion rework is great. Focusing on closing loops instead of wasting survivor time is a huge plus and a step in the right direction. Although, I totally understand your concern.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/892721#Comment_892721

    No one is saying that minority voices aren't important. If the minority voices were being ignored, it wouldn't be a majority vote, it would be a unanimous one. All anyone is saying is that it makes sense for the developers to listen to the opinions of the majority over those of the minority when trying to gauge the general community response to a change.

    But if the majority doesn't care about legion one way or the other, why not help the minority that paid to have a viable killer?

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890477#Comment_890477

    I’m going to go against the status quo on here by saying I think these are the healthiest changes to Legion yet. No more abuse of Legions TR to ignore mending and just jump back on a gen UNTIL Legion leaves the area.

    Sorry. I didnt even notice I copy pasted that XD i'll leave.

  • @DeadByGayDwight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/892703#Comment_892703

    We are talking strictly about a killer whose power is completely and utterly broken. There is no way for them to craft a power that checks all your little boxes without pissing someone off. You know that phrase "you can't please everyone"? It exists for a reason. THAT is the point.

    You keep missing the point chief. No one expects a perfect killer. But people expect that when they pay for a game and extra content, the least they should get in return is transparency. That's the issue here. The ridiculous nerf to legion is just icing on the cake.

  • @EverflowingRiver said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/892735#Comment_892735

    But if the majority doesn't care about legion one way or the other, why not help the minority that paid to have a viable killer?

    In the case of Legion changes, I don't know who's in the minority and who's in the majority. From what I've seen, it seems pretty split, but I intentionally haven't involved myself in that particular discussion because I don't feel that I'm well-informed enough to form an educated opinion, and I'm not going to start now.

    My comment was specifically challenging the notion that the way the developers handle community feedback in general is in any way comparable to racial discrimination, nothing more than that.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/892833#Comment_892833

    In the case of Legion changes, I don't know who's in the minority and who's in the majority. From what I've seen, it seems pretty split, but I intentionally haven't involved myself in that particular discussion because I don't feel that I'm well-informed enough to form an educated opinion, and I'm not going to start now.

    My comment was specifically challenging the notion that the way the developers handle community feedback in general is in any way comparable to racial discrimination, nothing more than that.

    I see. The race argument was a large stretch, but the point about ignoring a minority opinion were spot on by the other poster.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/892840#Comment_892840

    I didn’t claim any of that.

    I know some of the changes are simply reverts. But not tying DW to TR is a significant change. Survivors HAVE to waste time running somewhere safe to mend now. They can’t abuse the pause in the timer within TR to go “well I’ll just jump right back in that gen until Legion leaves”

    My bad. Didn't mean to copy paste that. Not sure how I did that. Point still stands though, the overall weight of it was a heavy nerf.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/892871#Comment_892871

    Doesn’t that depend on players perspective on FF though?

    Those still confused that they think they’re actually meant to achieve downs with FF are of course going to only see “nerf”

    Those aware from the very beginning of Legions inception that FF was always meant to be a stall tool, and anti team work tool, are more likely to see that this iteration of Legion is more in line with the devs original vision (although there’s still some fine tuning required)

    You know how long i've been playing Legion (in case you don't it's over 200 hours). My Point is it doesn't even get you a worth while stall. Doesn't help you in chase. Doesn't help you with anything. The power itself is more of a punishment right now. Feral Frenzy isnt meant to get downs, you are right about that.... But it's meant to do SOMETHING and right now it doesn't.

  • His power is still great for tracking survivors which is the most important thing here.

  • @SaintsxSinners said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/891982#Comment_891982

    If I remember correctly you could pull survivor in certain spots, like off an adjacent ledge, they would hang and if you were shot the survivor fell down and were incapacitated.

    As I said I think L4D is a well balanced game, I had no gripes, it's arguably in my top 5 favorites of all time. But it wasn't perfect for everyone.

    Yes you could do that on certain maps for example on bloodharvest final right at the start, left to the saferoom that you leave. However you know how that was handled by experienced players?

    People countdown, rush out, spamming right click and shooting at the spot, the chances of that happening vs experienced players were incredibly low, not to mention that even when you would land the hit with the smoker the constant spamming would free the survivor immediately and break off the tongue.

    So yeah it was just a thing of experience and nothing else :)

    However I just wanted to point out that there are lots of games out there which do not suffer the same problems as dbd.

  • Thank you for listening.

    @wladimiiir said:

    His power is still great for tracking survivors which is the most important thing here.

    Oh yeah, track the survivors that can easily loop you cause your power does nothing in a chase, even more so if they are injured already. Oh yay

  • Just want to chime in here to say that as someone who game tested on a AAA title at one of the big three console makers, I doubt many people here actually understand the man hours and resources that go into making a game. Bug testing alone, even at the lowest level, is thousands per day, even with a small team, before you even add in administrative costs. And that's only one small department.

    Furthermore, every company has varying skill sets and available resources. Not every painter is Van Gogh, but people should still be appreciated for the work and skill they put into their craft, even if they fall short. If I had to face the deluge of entitlement trash talk that happens to game developers about something I loved and worked hard at, I wouldn't be long for this world.

    Please stop living your life through the game. Be respectful, critique, and if you are that unhappy, have the decency to move on. Or, if you're passionate, work towards becoming a game dev and being the change you want to see.

    No one, and I mean NO ONE, has to sit and and take being ground into the dirt the way they are being here, or anywhere else in life for that matter.

  • Probably just fed up trying to make a game that everyone always complaining about

  • @Youko said:

    Just want to chime in here to say that as someone who game tested on a AAA title at one of the big three console makers, I doubt many people here actually understand the man hours and resources that go into making a game. Bug testing alone, even at the lowest level, is thousands per day, even with a small team, before you even add in administrative costs. And that's only one small department.

    Furthermore, every company has varying skill sets and available resources. Not every painter is Van Gogh, but people should still be appreciated for the work and skill they put into their craft, even if they fall short. If I had to face the deluge of entitlement trash talk that happens to game developers about something I loved and worked hard at, I wouldn't be long for this world.

    Please stop living your life through the game. Be respectful, critique, and if you are that unhappy, have the decency to move on. Or, if you're passionate, work towards becoming a game dev and being the change you want to see.

    No one, and I mean NO ONE, has to sit and and take being ground into the dirt the way they are being here, or anywhere else in life for that matter.

    Just become a game Dev 4head.

    If we don't say something, how will they ever learn? How will they know its wrong?

  • Btw, omegaluldev said: "change addons, pins is a common request". Who requested a nerf on mend duration addons and make pin only work on second FF target? Your INSIDE feedbacker? 

  • @Peanits

    As far as the basic attack change goes, it's the same as the Pig. It's to create consistency between powers so it's easier to understand what a basic attack is and what works with it. Previously, it was a bit of a mess. Something like Sloppy Butcher would work, but NOED would not. Both activated on basic attacks, but both were treated differently with Feral Frenzy. Not only is this less confusing for someone new to the game, but it also makes it much easier for us to balance.

    You use Pig as an example, but NOED on her doesn't work on her as expected either. If she ambushes a Survivor whilst NOED is active, NOED will reveal itself to the Survivor but won't put them in the dying state. That feels rather inconsistent in itself and deserves to be changed.

  • @Youko said:

    Just want to chime in here to say that as someone who game tested on a AAA title at one of the big three console makers, I doubt many people here actually understand the man hours and resources that go into making a game. Bug testing alone, even at the lowest level, is thousands per day, even with a small team, before you even add in administrative costs. And that's only one small department.

    Furthermore, every company has varying skill sets and available resources. Not every painter is Van Gogh, but people should still be appreciated for the work and skill they put into their craft, even if they fall short. If I had to face the deluge of entitlement trash talk that happens to game developers about something I loved and worked hard at, I wouldn't be long for this world.

    Please stop living your life through the game. Be respectful, critique, and if you are that unhappy, have the decency to move on. Or, if you're passionate, work towards becoming a game dev and being the change you want to see.

    No one, and I mean NO ONE, has to sit and and take being ground into the dirt the way they are being here, or anywhere else in life for that matter.

    People play the game to enjoy themselves. They paid to play the game. If something they find fun is no longer fun (i.e playing as Legion) they have every right as a consumer to complain.

    I get it's frustrating for the devs to listen to the complaints, but when there's something this wrong at this magnitude of a scale in the forums then at the very least they should reconsider their decisions even before the Live Version is released (The PTB is there for a reason, for the community to give feedback on it and what they think is or isn't going to work for the live version.)

    The line is, many people are unhappy about the changes made to a game they love to play. So they will make complaints about it until the issue is resolved.

    Are there some complaints that are unreasonable? Of course! But are all of them like that? Heck no! It just so happens this community is one of, if not, the worst gaming communities of all time. So you will most likely hear more negative stuff coming out rather than something positive.

    Telling people to become a game dev just because they want something they like in a game they love to be changed for the better is not helpful or constructive. If anything it would make some people double down on their behaviour to act like crud against the developers.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893053#Comment_893053

    People play the game to enjoy themselves. They paid to play the game. If something they find fun is no longer fun (i.e playing as Legion) they have every right as a consumer to complain.

    I get it's frustrating for the devs to listen to the complaints, but when there's something this wrong at this magnitude of a scale in the forums then at the very least they should reconsider their decisions even before the Live Version is released (The PTB is there for a reason, for the community to give feedback on it and what they think is or isn't going to work for the live version.)

    The line is, many people are unhappy about the changes made to a game they love to play. So they will make complaints about it until the issue is resolved.

    Are there some complaints that are unreasonable? Of course! But are all of them like that? Heck no! It just so happens this community is one of, if not, the worst gaming communities of all time. So you will most likely hear more negative stuff coming out rather than something positive.

    Telling people to become a game dev just because they want something they like in a game they love to be changed for the better is not helpful or constructive. If anything it would make some people double down on their behaviour to act like crud against the developers.

    Please read my response carefully. I have no problem with critique. But you can be respectful about it. Debasing people while expressing said critique is immature and harassing.

    To other call outs, I spent a ton of hours on Legion since day 1. I am saddened by how the Legion was changed. I have cosplayed Susie because I love her character. But I can express my disappointment in fair terms. State what I don't like, suggest improvements, and then hope for the best.

    But at the end of they day, you may be disapppointed. Raging that the solution is so simple or that you are not being heard are short sighted remarks that demonstrate a lack of understanding of the complexities of making a game.

    You spent 8 dollars, a tiny drop in the bucket in the scheme of life, for entertainment. I have spent that on 45 minutes of DDR in the arcade and was happy. That people expect an indefinite amount of enjoyment, tailored to their demands for such a paltry sum is ridoculous.

    Your life does not start and end with Dead By Daylight. But the devs lives greatly do. They are doing what they can with the talent and resources they have. If you feel they have a track record of disappointing you, you have no one to blame but yourself for being a glutton for punishment.

    And yes, this is a horridly long rant, but I am so tired of the gaming community tearing down creators at every turn. Please be decent human beings. The world is in short supply these days.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890550#Comment_890550

    That right there would be a non sequitur. Just because one system is not so friendly to new players at the moment doesn't mean that we don't care about new players when we try to make something else more intuitive. What we're aiming to eliminate is the question of, "Does X work with Y?" Like the example given, why does Sloppy Butcher work with Frenzy while NOED does not? Both activate on basic attacks, so why are they different? Having each power work on a case by case basis would mean you'd either have to look it up or test it out for each killer.

    I don't think it takes a lot too figure out "hey, if Legion's Frenzy could insta down with NOED, it would be incredibly broken and would destroy the game." Plus I have never seen a post saying this. People understood why NOED or Rancor didn't work with Frenzy but Sloppy did, so changing it for "consistency" when Wraith's stealth dash or Hag's teleport attack still count as an M1. Please revert the changes too Legion so he can be somewhat useful. ATM he's completely useless.

  • Started to play Mayers. First game 4k (with 5 gen left) at purple rank. TY devs.

  • @Youko said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893162#Comment_893162

    Please read my response carefully. I have no problem with critique. But you can be respectful about it. Debasing people while expressing said critique is immature and harassing.

    To other call outs, I spent a ton of hours on Legion since day 1. I am saddened by how the Legion was changed. I have cosplayed Susie because I love her character. But I can express my disappointment in fair terms. State what I don't like, suggest improvements, and then hope for the best.

    But at the end of they day, you may be disapppointed. Raging that the solution is so simple or that you are not being heard are short sighted remarks that demonstrate a lack of understanding of the complexities of making a game.

    You spent 8 dollars, a tiny drop in the bucket in the scheme of life, for entertainment. I have spent that on 45 minutes of DDR in the arcade and was happy. That people expect an indefinite amount of enjoyment, tailored to their demands for such a paltry sum is ridoculous.

    Your life does not start and end with Dead By Daylight. But the devs lives greatly do. They are doing what they can with the talent and resources they have. If you feel they have a track record of disappointing you, you have no one to blame but yourself for being a glutton for punishment.

    And yes, this is a horridly long rant, but I am so tired of the gaming community tearing down creators at every turn. Please be decent human beings. The world is in short supply these days.

    Public Forum man. People are allowed to respond how they want. I agree with you that we should be somewhat respectful, but if i'm upset cause my favorite Killer was gutted and strung up in town square as a warning to the others, I'm gonna call them on ther Bullshit no matter how "Little" money i've put into the game. I've put in more than enough hours of my life to allow me to get upset and say what I think is horribly wrong.


  • @Youko said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893162#Comment_893162

    Please read my response carefully. I have no problem with critique. But you can be respectful about it. Debasing people while expressing said critique is immature and harassing.

    To other call outs, I spent a ton of hours on Legion since day 1. I am saddened by how the Legion was changed. I have cosplayed Susie because I love her character. But I can express my disappointment in fair terms. State what I don't like, suggest improvements, and then hope for the best.

    But at the end of they day, you may be disapppointed. Raging that the solution is so simple or that you are not being heard are short sighted remarks that demonstrate a lack of understanding of the complexities of making a game.

    You spent 8 dollars, a tiny drop in the bucket in the scheme of life, for entertainment. I have spent that on 45 minutes of DDR in the arcade and was happy. That people expect an indefinite amount of enjoyment, tailored to their demands for such a paltry sum is ridoculous.

    Your life does not start and end with Dead By Daylight. But the devs lives greatly do. They are doing what they can with the talent and resources they have. If you feel they have a track record of disappointing you, you have no one to blame but yourself for being a glutton for punishment.

    And yes, this is a horridly long rant, but I am so tired of the gaming community tearing down creators at every turn. Please be decent human beings. The world is in short supply these days.

    People haven't spent only "8 dollars" on the game. You forgot to factor in the DLCs and cosmetics people have bought for their favourite survivors and killers (which of course they will do if they have the money). Just saying the game is only 8 dollars is a stretch. Most people have paid for much more than just 8 dollars.

    And I am not saying it's easy for the devs either, I completely understand their position in all this. It's hard to satisfy a fanbase this ravenous and toxic. I can understand them not wanting to respond to a fanbase that seems ready to explode. I can understand that. But I also know that if a consumerbase is this heated up the best way is to reassure them about their commitment to the product.

    Some of these people have played DBD for years, they want to see it grow. They want to continue to have fun with it. They want the game to be as balanced as it can be, but they also want to see that balance to be fun. It's understandable too why they would be this angry, this agitated and this ready to explode against the developers if it feels like they aren't taking their feedback into consideration. I'm not saying that is right to be mad at the developers for the changes they made to their game. But I am also saying that it's not completely offbase that these complaints come from people just whining.

    Some of these people are dedicated to seeing positive change happen for the game. And it can feel very frustrating when that change never happens and it only seems to get worse.

    I totally get where you are coming from, but I also get where the community is coming from. It feels like no one is listening and that is understandably very frustrating.

    That's all I have to say to be honest, if you would like to discuss this further I may end up repeating myself.

  • @Peanits Dear "omega lul" dev. SWF is hard for newbie killers, why 2 years later SWF not nerfed? Or you balance game only around survs? For you SWF (especialy with voice) is fair and balanced for people who "new in game"? 

  • @Youko said:

    Just want to chime in here to say that as someone who game tested on a AAA title at one of the big three console makers, I doubt many people here actually understand the man hours and resources that go into making a game. Bug testing alone, even at the lowest level, is thousands per day, even with a small team, before you even add in administrative costs. And that's only one small department.

    Furthermore, every company has varying skill sets and available resources. Not every painter is Van Gogh, but people should still be appreciated for the work and skill they put into their craft, even if they fall short. If I had to face the deluge of entitlement trash talk that happens to game developers about something I loved and worked hard at, I wouldn't be long for this world.

    Please stop living your life through the game. Be respectful, critique, and if you are that unhappy, have the decency to move on. Or, if you're passionate, work towards becoming a game dev and being the change you want to see.

    No one, and I mean NO ONE, has to sit and and take being ground into the dirt the way they are being here, or anywhere else in life for that matter.

    So the next time you eat a meal you don't like, make sure you don't criticize the cook. Doesn't matter that you paid for it, become a chef yourself first before you dare criticize them. See how dumb that sounds? Because its dumb to have this mindset.

    I'm really getting sick of people acting like the entire gaming community is a ravenous band of toxic murderers who bully the poor devs, when all people want is consistency and transparent communication about a product they paid for. That's it.

    Nobody is acting like its "their life" but creators have an obligation to be transparent with their consumers. Which is something I can relate to. If I do a commissioned art piece for someone and they criticize it, how dumb would it be for me to tell them to "become an artist" before they're allowed to have an opinion? During my day job as a paramedic, is nobody allowed to criticize my work unless they're paramedics themselves? Do you have to be a director or a film student before you are allowed to criticize movies ? The list goes on.

    You can't gatekeep criticism and feedback. Unless the feedback is disrespectful, they should at least acknowledge it.

  • @Polychrome_Baku said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893053#Comment_893053

    So the next time you eat a meal you don't like, make sure you don't criticize the cook. Doesn't matter that you paid for it, become a chef yourself first before you dare criticize them. See how dumb that sounds?

    You're right, that does sound dumb. Luckily, that's not what they were trying to say.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/893805#Comment_893805

    You're right, that does sound dumb. Luckily, that's not what they were trying to say.

    You have to admit they could've worded it better.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890469#Comment_890469

    No matter how busted they’re, they still got nerfed. If they only listened to a majority of exclusive survivor players then they wouldn’t have ever been nerfed.

    Face the facts, they do listen to both sides.

    Survivors usually have way more broken stuff than killers. No killer perk matches the pure strength of DS or Adrenaline.

  • @Youko said:

    Just want to chime in here to say that as someone who game tested on a AAA title at one of the big three console makers, I doubt many people here actually understand the man hours and resources that go into making a game. Bug testing alone, even at the lowest level, is thousands per day, even with a small team, before you even add in administrative costs. And that's only one small department.

    Furthermore, every company has varying skill sets and available resources. Not every painter is Van Gogh, but people should still be appreciated for the work and skill they put into their craft, even if they fall short. If I had to face the deluge of entitlement trash talk that happens to game developers about something I loved and worked hard at, I wouldn't be long for this world.

    Please stop living your life through the game. Be respectful, critique, and if you are that unhappy, have the decency to move on. Or, if you're passionate, work towards becoming a game dev and being the change you want to see.

    No one, and I mean NO ONE, has to sit and and take being ground into the dirt the way they are being here, or anywhere else in life for that matter.

    So people should not be upset when they are ignored? Part of the reasons forums exist and PTB are done is for feedback. When that feedback is ignored it stings. I'm also glad you can scoff at 8 dollars and spend it on DDR.

  • @Peanits said:

    We respond to as much as we can, but we aren't watching only the forums around the clock. Odds are if a post is disrespectful or outright insulting, it's not going to get a response. There's a fine line between constructive criticism and insults, and the latter is not how you have a conversation with another person.

    As far as the basic attack change goes, it's the same as the Pig. It's to create consistency between powers so it's easier to understand what a basic attack is and what works with it. Previously, it was a bit of a mess. Something like Sloppy Butcher would work, but NOED would not. Both activated on basic attacks, but both were treated differently with Feral Frenzy. Not only is this less confusing for someone new to the game, but it also makes it much easier for us to balance.

    As for mending, previously it was too easy to get stuck in an endless loop of mending (with mending times of up to 20 seconds). This left people mending most of the time which isn't exactly thrilling gameplay. There's no interaction between the killer and survivor there.

    The movement speed, vault speed, and pin changes were all common requests.

    Regardless, the changes have only been out for a little over a day at this point, so we'd like to see what kind of effect they have before making knee jerk reactions.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890425#Comment_890425

    We've also commented on similar threads about that exact same thing- it's not coming back because people use it to dodge lobbies. It was never intended to come back.

    Legion's feral frenzy attack never worked with exposed effects, so why bother mentioning a mechanic that never worked for him in the first place. The loss of basic attacks to his power negatively impacts Legions power as legion is expected to use his power to land first hits on survivors. The pin status effects add-on are still underwhelming as their duration is too short to make an impact in a match.

    Legion feels very unsatisfying to play as an M1 killer because his power does not amount to any additional rewards after everyone is injured. The sprint burst when a survivor is hit in combination with a very high stun time cripples his ability to punish people who are out of position. Normal TR makes him have no surprise factor when a survivor is near a loop and as such, he has trouble capitalizing on injured survivors as he turns into M1 killer with no power when survivors do not heal. Legion feel like a killer who was suppose to punish survivors who co-op generators and stick in close vicinity of each other but he simply lacks meaning threat level in his power to achieve that goal. Legion feels pretty miserable to play and I personally think he could use redesign but I don't really know what that would look like.

  • @GrootDude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890528#Comment_890528

    But I was responding to someone who said they only listen to survivors, I already know that stuff was busted.

    What if I play both sides?

    DOUBLE AGENT!

  • gasp You’re a double agent!

  • Secret agent trying to steal both sides secrets for a profit!

    My cover is blown though... time to RUN!

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/895987#Comment_895987

    Secret agent trying to steal both sides secrets for a profit!

    My cover is blown though... time to RUN!

    You’re leaving scratch marks.

  • How about


    they take legion


    and remove them from the game


    issues fixed

  • Me: Why do I hear boss music?

    GrootDude: Chase music plays...

  • @FireHazard said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/895998#Comment_895998

    Me: Why do I hear boss music?

    GrootDude: Chase music plays...

    Shall we start chase while I miss every hatchet toss?

1 2 3 4