Decisive Strike Needs One Buff...

I know what you may be thinking, "DS is already way too powerful." But listen. As DS stands, it is a perk used to escape the killer's grasp through succeeding a skill-check available if being tunneled or you get picked up within 40/50/60 seconds after being unhooked. This is great; this part of the perk is absolutely fine.

Then what's wrong you may ask? Well, what if the killer brings in a Mori and you have DS ready to go? Well...you're screwed.

I've had so many games where I go against a tunneling killer with an Ivory or Ebony yet my DS is activated.

What I think should be added is the ability to succeed a skill-check to prevent a Mori when the perk is active, successfully preventing the killer from Mori tunneling. The stun would be 10 seconds, giving you some actual distance.

I just think this would be a welcome addition to prevent killers from bringing in ivories to tunnel down and mori the survivor that gave them the hardest time.

Comments

  • No

    u want to run DS and think it may come into play. Then that’s your problem and not the killer”s.

    I wish they would revert the enduring effect on DS tho ://

  • @HeHeBoii said:

    No

    u want to run DS and think it may come into play. Then that’s your problem and not the killer”s.

    I wish they would revert the enduring effect on DS tho ://

    DS is useless against enduring.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890355#Comment_890355

    Nope, no foreshadowing. We would make a proper announcement if changes were on the way rather than subtly hinting at it.

    like the updated doc description? (:

  • Incorrect.

    Enduring is useless against DS.

  • I mean I understand why they removed the ability for enduring to slightly counter DS. It was originally 3 seconds so that was the right call. Then it got buffed to 5 seconds because of enduring being a slight counter. Then removed the effect against DS with enduring overall, and DS still remains at 5 seconds. Like....ok then

  • @Hoodied said:

    Go into a locker, what is he gonna do, stare at the locker for a minute

    Also, Head On and Inner Strenght exists. Anti Tunnel Meta.

  • There is no need to buff DS. If it should get something it should get more of a nerf, but first off they need to change the green and red Moris + the Keys before they change DS at all.

  • @MrDardon said:

    There is no need to buff DS. If it should get something it should get more of a nerf, but first off they need to change the green and red Moris + the Keys before they change DS at all.

    They can change it in either order.

    The existence of one doesn't justify the others

  • If I have to deal with survivor jumping into lockers and doing objectives because they know they can't be punished with decisive strike you're going to have to deal with moris

  • Man, me and my three friends running DS and adrenaline were going to #epicown the killer, but he brought a mori and we lost our free escapes to the one thing that counters our perks. I'm literally shaking and crapping my pants rn

  • Yes, let's buff the best survivor perk in the game. Can we buff hex ruin and bbq and chili while we're at it? Smh

  • @MrDardon said:

    There is no need to buff DS. If it should get something it should get more of a nerf, but first off they need to change the green and red Moris + the Keys before they change DS at all.

    The problem with keys is that people don't like that they open the hatch. It's a key...what else is it gonna do?

  • @HeHeBoii said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/891108#Comment_891108

    I mean I understand why they removed the ability for enduring to slightly counter DS. It was originally 3 seconds so that was the right call. Then it got buffed to 5 seconds because of enduring being a slight counter. Then removed the effect against DS with enduring overall, and DS still remains at 5 seconds. Like....ok then

    originally it was 5 seconds then they nerfed it 4 seconds then they nerfed it to the wiggle meter +3 seconds then they buffed it to 5 seconds.

  • No. DS needs a nerf to make is less abusable than anything. Look at the amount of people that say: just get in a locker. It shows how strong it is.

  • @ahandfulofrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890328#Comment_890328

    It's not tunneling lmao. You guys don't know what that word actually means. Also I don't run BBQ because Whispers is better so

    Whispers gets better the fewer survivors there are. BBQ gets worse the fewer survivors there are. I don't think one is better than the other, although I prefer whispers with Pig (and other stealth killers) and BBQ with others.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890355#Comment_890355

    Nope, no foreshadowing. We would make a proper announcement if changes were on the way rather than subtly hinting at it.

    So you're fine with it having, in your own words, "no counters"?

    That seems like a strange statement from your position. Not that I think it needs changing tbh, but I'm left confused at what we're supposed to do with that statement.

  • @Raven014 said:

    No. DS needs a nerf to make is less abusable than anything. Look at the amount of people that say: just get in a locker. It shows how strong it is.

    Nerfing DS further isn't a good idea. Plus, the only nerf would be the timer and stun duration.

  • An anti-tunneling perk shouldn't have any counters.

  • Moris should be nerfed but it shouldn't be done through buffing DS. DS is already one of the best perk options for survivors so making it the only way to counter moris would just restrict your choice in perks as a survivor even more. Ebony and even Ivory Moris should be nerfed independently from any perks.

  • ideally DS should activate upon being downed so the killer can’t slug the timer off. I’ve had a few tunnels that I got downed 40s after unhook and the killer simply slugged a bit until he was through DS window.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    An anti-tunneling perk shouldn't have any counters.

    That's not the problem though.

    The problem is that it's being used as a shield for massive, and repeated survivor gameplay mistakes.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eS7nn1B03YQ

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    I know what you may be thinking, "DS is already way too powerful." But listen. As DS stands, it is a perk used to escape the killer's grasp through succeeding a skill-check available if being tunneled or you get picked up within 40-60 seconds after being unhooked. This is great; this part of the perk is absolutely fine.

    Then what's wrong you may ask? Well, what if the killer brings in a Mori and you have DS ready to go? Well...you're screwed.

    I've had so many games where I go against a tunneling killer with an Ivory or Ebony yet my DS is activated.

    What I think should be added is the ability to succeed a skill-check to prevent a Mori when the perk is active, successfully preventing the killer from Mori tunneling. The stun would be 10 seconds, giving you some actual distance and it would remove the killer's ability to mori you at all because he's a tunneling bastard and doesn't deserve it.

    I just think this would be a welcome addition to prevent killers from bringing in ivorys to tunnel down the survivor that gave them the hardest time and Mori them. It's complete bull and isn't fair at all to the skilled survivors.

    The only buff DS needs is 2 people lifting it over into the furnace where it belongs.


    60 secs of being untouchable or DS rotating with a team and meta perks and he wants a buff


    Gahahahhahahah

  • @ThisLadyRightHere said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890374#Comment_890374

    Oh, I’m sorry. I’m very sorry I’m not a competitive tryhard and I actually try to play this game for the enjoyment for myself and others MY BAD 🤗.

    You do understand some people enjoying trying their best against others doing the same right? DBD is not a competitive game but they exist for the sole purpose of 2 people wanting to try their best and win against someone doing the same.

    Alot of people and myself dont enjoying messing around all the time, I think it's fun to face someone and try your best while you know their doing the same, you call killers wanting 4ks pathetic is ridiculously hypocritical, if the killer doesn't get a 4k then someone escaped if you call killers tryhards or sweats for trying to win then you are doing them same by demanding they dont kill 4 so survivors can escape or ie win.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    I know what you may be thinking, "DS is already way too powerful." But listen. As DS stands, it is a perk used to escape the killer's grasp through succeeding a skill-check available if being tunneled or you get picked up within 40-60 seconds after being unhooked. This is great; this part of the perk is absolutely fine.

    Then what's wrong you may ask? Well, what if the killer brings in a Mori and you have DS ready to go? Well...you're screwed.

    I've had so many games where I go against a tunneling killer with an Ivory or Ebony yet my DS is activated.

    What I think should be added is the ability to succeed a skill-check to prevent a Mori when the perk is active, successfully preventing the killer from Mori tunneling. The stun would be 10 seconds, giving you some actual distance and it would remove the killer's ability to mori you at all because he's a tunneling bastard and doesn't deserve it.

    I just think this would be a welcome addition to prevent killers from bringing in ivorys to tunnel down the survivor that gave them the hardest time and Mori them. It's complete bull and isn't fair at all to the skilled survivors.

    Um no... why would that be a thing. If your that concerned deadhard to a locker and waste his time or use your ds. And a 10 second stun is ridiculous.

    You say a mori isn't fair. But a killer who is killing survivors and is chucked by a key escape is fine? There are items on both sides that drastically change the balance, you have to adapt.


    Or you know, dont get found first or dont get hooked. You already know when they bring in a mori so you can be extra vigilant.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/109627/decisive-strike-needs-one-buff

    The only buff DS needs is 2 people lifting it over into the furnace where it belongs.

    60 secs of being untouchable or DS rotating with a team and meta perks and he wants a buff

    Gahahahhahahah

    Why are killer mains so damn stingy? Holy fuckity #########

  • @silverwolf4455 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/109627/decisive-strike-needs-one-buff

    Um no... why would that be a thing. If your that concerned deadhard to a locker and waste his time or use your ds. And a 10 second stun is ridiculous.

    You say a mori isn't fair. But a killer who is killing survivors and is chucked by a key escape is fine? There are items on both sides that drastically change the balance, you have to adapt.

    Or you know, dont get found first or dont get hooked. You already know when they bring in a mori so you can be extra vigilant.

    It's a bit tough when your team is garbage and you carry until finally getting downed and then tunneled with an ivory Mori.

  • The issue here is the mori. Moris, as well as keys feel frustrating for one side and extremely fun for the other. If a person uses it, it is meant to tamper with Balance.

  • @Peanits said:

    I would argue that DS isn't really the key in that scenario, it's the mori. Perhaps the issue isn't that you can't use DS, but rather that there's no counter to the mori.

    There's also no counter to keys.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/894215#Comment_894215

    Nerfing DS further isn't a good idea. Plus, the only nerf would be the timer and stun duration.

    I'm more in line with the idea of making it so DS deactivates if another is hooked first. That way it keeps it in line with anti tunneling. That or when they start another action (ie, locker hiding, gen work, or healing) the timer goes down faster since they've had time to get away from the killer and work on pressuring them. That would be a nerf to make it more balanced.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    An anti-tunneling perk shouldn't have any counters.

    In its' current state, DS is abusable to the point of being laughable. Have you ever thought that a survivor who has DS makes such a stupid decision to get found even if the killer doesn't go for them? It rewards dumb plays.

  • @FancyMrB said:

    Not a good idea.

    DS already counters tunneling and gives survivors extra time. It does what it is supposed to do. You won't always have a chance to use it, that is the risk of running it.

    Canceling an add-on is a no go. Everyone has the right to use them and not loose them to an op perk.

    What if people requested Franklin's to deplete items completely on hit?

    Doesn't sound very fun or fair survivors eh?

    Is cancelling a perk with a cheap addon really fair?

  • This has to be the worst idea I've ever heard. What makes you think a perk that could prevent a mori would be balanced? Just get grabbed, it's pretty easy since lockers are pretty much everywhere.

  • This is almost as laughable as BHVR thinking Legion needed another nerf.

  • @SlimyTaco said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890118#Comment_890118

    Is cancelling a perk with a cheap addon really fair?

    There is a difference between canceling a perk, and not having a chance to use a perk which is what tge original post was talking about.

    Moris don't let you use ANY perks. You are dead.

    People seem to think perks should be applicable 100% of the time and if they don't get to use it then something is wrong with the game...

  • That's too lenient. Make it so DS causes the killer to mori himself instead

  • @Peanits said:

    I would argue that DS isn't really the key in that scenario, it's the mori. Perhaps the issue isn't that you can't use DS, but rather that there's no counter to the mori.

    Theres no counter to DS either.

  • @zaquintar said:

    That's too lenient. Make it so DS causes the killer to mori himself instead

    I'd rather not have another Friday The 13th

  • @ahandfulofrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890328#Comment_890328

    It's not tunneling lmao. You guys don't know what that word actually means. Also I don't run BBQ because Whispers is better so

    Tunneling is overly focusing on one survivor to hurry and get them out of the game. So you dont think when you focus on the recently unhooked survivor, down them and "picking them up" and hooking them isnt tunneling? I disagree with you if you think so. Because its tunneling. You may not be only putting all your focus in the match on that one survivor the entire match but the fact that your chasing them down and hitting them down to go on the hook literally after they just got unhooked just to hurry and get that secure 1k so far is nonetheless tunneling.

1 2 ›