Decisive Strike Needs One Buff...

I know what you may be thinking, "DS is already way too powerful." But listen. As DS stands, it is a perk used to escape the killer's grasp through succeeding a skill-check available if being tunneled or you get picked up within 40/50/60 seconds after being unhooked. This is great; this part of the perk is absolutely fine.

Then what's wrong you may ask? Well, what if the killer brings in a Mori and you have DS ready to go? Well...you're screwed.

I've had so many games where I go against a tunneling killer with an Ivory or Ebony yet my DS is activated.

What I think should be added is the ability to succeed a skill-check to prevent a Mori when the perk is active, successfully preventing the killer from Mori tunneling. The stun would be 10 seconds, giving you some actual distance.

I just think this would be a welcome addition to prevent killers from bringing in ivories to tunnel down and mori the survivor that gave them the hardest time.

Comments

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    I know what you may be thinking, "DS is already way too powerful." But listen. As DS stands, it is a perk used to escape the killer's grasp through succeeding a skill-check available if being tunneled or you get picked up within 40-60 seconds after being unhooked. This is great; this part of the perk is absolutely fine.

    Then what's wrong you may ask? Well, what if the killer brings in a Mori and you have DS ready to go? Well...you're screwed.

    I've had so many games where I go against a tunneling killer with an Ivory or Ebony yet my DS is activated.

    What I think should be added is the ability to succeed a skill-check to prevent a Mori when the perk is active, successfully preventing the killer from Mori tunneling. The stun would be 10 seconds, giving you some actual distance and it would remove the killer's ability to mori you at all because he's a tunneling bastard and doesn't deserve it.

    I just think this would be a welcome addition to prevent killers from bringing in ivorys to tunnel down the survivor that gave them the hardest time and Mori them. It's complete bull and isn't fair at all to the skilled survivors.

    All i can say is deal with it. Simple as that. What if the guy just wanted that daily mori done or something else. Just cause someone gets moried off hook doesnt mean they are a tunneling bastard. If you get moried you got caught. Theres nothing you can do and nothing anyone should be able to do against one.

  • Go into a locker, what is he gonna do, stare at the locker for a minute

  • I'm gonna have to side on the "tough beans" side of this.

    DS need no love.

  • Ds needs nothing infact im glad if i realize the survivor has ds if i have one of my moris active just to mess around because im gonna smack him to death with my wailing bell lol.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    I know what you may be thinking, "DS is already way too powerful." But listen. As DS stands, it is a perk used to escape the killer's grasp through succeeding a skill-check available if being tunneled or you get picked up within 40-60 seconds after being unhooked. This is great; this part of the perk is absolutely fine.

    Then what's wrong you may ask? Well, what if the killer brings in a Mori and you have DS ready to go? Well...you're screwed.

    I've had so many games where I go against a tunneling killer with an Ivory or Ebony yet my DS is activated.

    What I think should be added is the ability to succeed a skill-check to prevent a Mori when the perk is active, successfully preventing the killer from Mori tunneling. The stun would be 10 seconds, giving you some actual distance and it would remove the killer's ability to mori you at all because he's a tunneling bastard and doesn't deserve it.

    I just think this would be a welcome addition to prevent killers from bringing in ivorys to tunnel down the survivor that gave them the hardest time and Mori them. It's complete bull and isn't fair at all to the skilled survivors.

    I agree!

    Reduce the stun time to 5 seconds though...

  • Not a good idea.

    DS already counters tunneling and gives survivors extra time. It does what it is supposed to do. You won't always have a chance to use it, that is the risk of running it.

    Canceling an add-on is a no go. Everyone has the right to use them and not loose them to an op perk.

    What if people requested Franklin's to deplete items completely on hit?

    Doesn't sound very fun or fair survivors eh?

  • @yandere777 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/109627/decisive-strike-needs-one-buff

    All i can say is deal with it. Simple as that. What if the guy just wanted that daily mori done or something else. Just cause someone gets moried off hook doesnt mean they are a tunneling bastard. If you get moried you got caught. Theres nothing you can do and nothing anyone should be able to do against one.

    I think pulling off a Kobe and then being chased mere seconds later to get downed again after about 45 seconds to then get moried is tunneling. It's made especially obvious if the killer nods at you thinking he's good.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890052#Comment_890052

    I think pulling off a Kobe and then being chased mere seconds later to get downed again after about 45 seconds to then get moried is tunneling. It's made especially obvious if the killer nods at you thinking he's good.

    If you kobe when the Killer has barely had a chance to leave, then that's on you. You don't deserve to get saved by DS. The Killer has every right to start chasing you again. His nodding is most likely a taunt because of how dumb you acted.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890152#Comment_890152

    If you kobe when the Killer has barely had a chance to leave, then that's on you. You don't deserve to get saved by DS. The Killer has every right to start chasing you again. His nodding is most likely a taunt because of how dumb you acted.

    geez a Sweaty, Tryhard, Killer main you are I see. Try playing survivor too sometime.

    If A survivor Kobe’s that’s a 4% chance they had of escape off a hook. If you really are willing to chase someone after a Kobe in front of your face you’re just lame trying way to hard in this game.

    I don’t tunnel because it’s pathetic

    Quote “ IT’S A STRATEGY” it’s not it’s BS. Anyone who says this a strategy are just sore loser that don’t like losing in this game. They only care about there precious 4k.

    I hardly get hit with DS. If people find DS really annoying then that’s really a you probably.

  • Hahahahaha. Hahhahahhaa. Hahhahaahahha. No.

  • @ThisLadyRightHere said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890164#Comment_890164

    geez a Sweaty, Tryhard, Killer main you are I see. Try playing survivor too sometime.

    If A survivor Kobe’s that’s a 4% chance they had of escape off a hook. If you really are willing to chase someone after a Kobe in front of your face you’re just lame trying way to hard in this game.

    I don’t tunnel because it’s pathetic

    Quote “ IT’S A STRATEGY” it’s not it’s BS. Anyone who says this a strategy are just sore loser that don’t like losing in this game. They only care about there precious 4k.

    I hardly get hit with DS. If people find DS really annoying then that’s really a you probably.

    Yes, right. Let me go all the way to the other side of the map to MAYBE find someone instead of chasing the person who literally unhooked themselves right in front of me. You're stupid.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890152#Comment_890152

    If you kobe when the Killer has barely had a chance to leave, then that's on you. You don't deserve to get saved by DS. The Killer has every right to start chasing you again. His nodding is most likely a taunt because of how dumb you acted.

    That doesn't make much sense when his terror radius (boosted by Distressing) isn't present and I used my only chance to get off. Nodding is a taunt that garbage killers use when they finally "catch" the survivor that has evaded them for the entire game.

  • DS is currently the best survivor perk in the game, fulfilling way more than its role of an anti-tunnel perk.

    Dedicated survivor mains will also state that the perk is not restricted to simply being an anti-tunnel tool when killer mains complain about its versatility.

    The developers themselves have also recently stated that they believe the perk is in an ideal spot.

  • @ahandfulofrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890235#Comment_890235

    Yes, right. Let me go all the way to the other side of the map to MAYBE find someone instead of chasing the person who literally unhooked themselves right in front of me. You're stupid.

    It's not stupid when you're out of terror radius range and he comes back to tunnel you.

  • Jump in locker to get to use your DS against an Ebony Mori killer.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890250#Comment_890250

    It's not stupid when you're out of terror radius range and he comes back to tunnel you.

    How far out? It sounds like you're at fault here. Also... lockers.

  • @Raccoon said:

    DS is currently the best survivor perk in the game, fulfilling way more than its role of an anti-tunnel perk.

    Dedicated survivor mains will also state that the perk is not restricted to simply being an anti-tunnel tool when killer mains complain about its versatility.

    The developers themselves have also recently stated that they believe the perk is in an ideal spot.

    Seem to have acquired taste in my forums, eh?

  • @ahandfulofrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890267#Comment_890267

    How far out? It sounds like you're at fault here. Also... lockers.

    Far enough for me to almost go into struggle mode when his Distressing boosted tr is gone

  • The solution to me isn't to buff DS; it's to nerf Moris.

  • This really adds to the discussion.

  • @TAG said:

    The solution to me isn't to buff DS; it's to nerf Moris.

    How would moris even be nerfed though?

  • Make them two-hook and lower their rarity.

  • That would be nice, but what if a survivor reaches the second stage on their first hook? Then it's like nothing changed?

  • No. DS needs no buffs. No nerfs. Nothing.

  • @ahandfulofrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890235#Comment_890235

    Yes, right. Let me go all the way to the other side of the map to MAYBE find someone instead of chasing the person who literally unhooked themselves right in front of me. You're stupid.

    Not stupid if I have BBQ and you know OTHER PERKS TO HELP ME SEE OTHER SURVIVORS. It’s straight tunneling of you went out of your way to rehook a survivor who just Kobe. It’s pathetic. You sweaty to end the game as fast as possible of a 4K. Go get a towel and wipe your head off. There’s nothing wrong killing survivors but I want everyone to have an decent amount of Bloodpoints before the game ends. It’s why I also don’t encounter DC as much.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890303#Comment_890303

    That would be nice, but what if a survivor reaches the second stage on their first hook? Then it's like nothing changed?

    Then they weren't two-hooked, were they?

  • I would argue that DS isn't really the key in that scenario, it's the mori. Perhaps the issue isn't that you can't use DS, but rather that there's no counter to the mori.

  • @Peanits said:

    I would argue that DS isn't really the key in that scenario, it's the mori. Perhaps the issue isn't that you can't use DS, but rather that there's no counter to the mori.

    That sounds like foreshadowing to me, hope keys get the same treatment.

  • @ThisLadyRightHere said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890250#Comment_890250

    Not stupid if I have BBQ and you know OTHER PERKS TO HELP ME SEE OTHER SURVIVORS. It’s straight tunneling of you went out of your way to rehook a survivor who just Kobe. It’s pathetic. You sweaty to end the game as fast as possible of a 4K. Go get a towel and wipe your head off. There’s nothing wrong killing survivors but I want everyone to have an decent amount of Bloodpoints before the game ends. It’s why I also don’t encounter DC as much.

    It's not tunneling lmao. You guys don't know what that word actually means. Also I don't run BBQ because Whispers is better so

  • @TKTK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890339#Comment_890339

    That sounds like foreshadowing to me, hope keys get the same treatment.

    Nope, no foreshadowing. We would make a proper announcement if changes were on the way rather than subtly hinting at it.

  • @ThisLadyRightHere said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890250#Comment_890250

    Not stupid if I have BBQ and you know OTHER PERKS TO HELP ME SEE OTHER SURVIVORS. It’s straight tunneling of you went out of your way to rehook a survivor who just Kobe. It’s pathetic. You sweaty to end the game as fast as possible of a 4K. Go get a towel and wipe your head off. There’s nothing wrong killing survivors but I want everyone to have an decent amount of Bloodpoints before the game ends. It’s why I also don’t encounter DC as much.

    Nice diatribe, but 99% of the playerbase doesn't care about ReSpEcT dA KoBe.

    You can play by your imaginary ruleset all you like, but you should both really try to grow up and stop insulting people (and each other) for how they want to play the game.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    I know what you may be thinking, "DS is already way too powerful." But listen. As DS stands, it is a perk used to escape the killer's grasp through succeeding a skill-check available if being tunneled or you get picked up within 40-60 seconds after being unhooked. This is great; this part of the perk is absolutely fine.

    Then what's wrong you may ask? Well, what if the killer brings in a Mori and you have DS ready to go? Well...you're screwed.

    I've had so many games where I go against a tunneling killer with an Ivory or Ebony yet my DS is activated.

    What I think should be added is the ability to succeed a skill-check to prevent a Mori when the perk is active, successfully preventing the killer from Mori tunneling. The stun would be 10 seconds, giving you some actual distance and it would remove the killer's ability to mori you at all because he's a tunneling bastard and doesn't deserve it.

    I just think this would be a welcome addition to prevent killers from bringing in ivorys to tunnel down the survivor that gave them the hardest time and Mori them. It's complete bull and isn't fair at all to the skilled survivors.

    I agree, I hate how killer can easily get a 4k with just a mori. I feel like red moris are op because they only have to hook everyone once and then its game over. I just feel like we need to get hooked twice when it comes down to and ebony mori

  • @ThisLadyRightHere said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890250#Comment_890250

    Not stupid if I have BBQ and you know OTHER PERKS TO HELP ME SEE OTHER SURVIVORS. It’s straight tunneling of you went out of your way to rehook a survivor who just Kobe. It’s pathetic. You sweaty to end the game as fast as possible of a 4K. Go get a towel and wipe your head off. There’s nothing wrong killing survivors but I want everyone to have an decent amount of Bloodpoints before the game ends. It’s why I also don’t encounter DC as much.

    Solution: Don't kobe in front of the Killer.

  • @Raccoon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890328#Comment_890328

    Nice diatribe, but 99% of the playerbase doesn't care about ReSpEcT dA KoBe.

    You can play by your imaginary ruleset all you like, but you should both really try to grow up and stop insulting people (and each other) for how they want to play the game.

    Oh, I’m sorry. I’m very sorry I’m not a competitive tryhard and I actually try to play this game for the enjoyment for myself and others MY BAD 🤗.

  • What if you’re being facecamped huh?

  • Then kobeing is an even worse idea.

  • You do have lockers.

  • @GrootDude said:

    You do have lockers.

    So. Place a trap, come back after 1 minute.

  • Good one.


    I like a guy with a sense of humor.

  • No, the best perk in the entire game does not need a buff....

  • @Blueberry said:

    No, the best perk in the entire game does not need a buff....

    "Best perk"? I think DejaVu deserves that title

  • Not all of the killer are the Trapper my friend. In fact, only one of them is!

    Also no DS needs 0 buffs. If you're asking for Moris to be nerfed however, I'm right there with you.

  • If he leaves then you have a chance to escape the trap. What if the killer isn’t a Trapper though?

  • Sure if you wanna do that nerf it's main aspect then, because as it stands right now it's already gross.

    I have no problem with the anti tunnel idea, I am 100% on board....problem is in practice that is not how it's being used. Everyone is running it, and using it more like an offensive shield, so that they can make HUGE mistakes right in front of you, and than you get punished for their mistakes.

  • @ASpazNamedSteve said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890453#Comment_890453

    Not all of the killer are the Trapper my friend. In fact, only one of them is!

    Also no DS needs 0 buffs. If you're asking for Moris to be nerfed however, I'm right there with you.

    I wouldn't mind moris needing two hooks to activate, but that's about all.

  • @ThisLadyRightHere said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890374#Comment_890374

    Oh, I’m sorry. I’m very sorry I’m not a competitive tryhard and I actually try to play this game for the enjoyment for myself and others MY BAD 🤗.

    You're just another drop in the toxic pool, talking down and about others.

    It's unfortunate that the community is full of this childish behavior.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    I know what you may be thinking, "DS is already way too powerful." But listen. As DS stands, it is a perk used to escape the killer's grasp through succeeding a skill-check available if being tunneled or you get picked up within 40-60 seconds after being unhooked. This is great; this part of the perk is absolutely fine.

    Then what's wrong you may ask? Well, what if the killer brings in a Mori and you have DS ready to go? Well...you're screwed.

    I've had so many games where I go against a tunneling killer with an Ivory or Ebony yet my DS is activated.

    What I think should be added is the ability to succeed a skill-check to prevent a Mori when the perk is active, successfully preventing the killer from Mori tunneling. The stun would be 10 seconds, giving you some actual distance and it would remove the killer's ability to mori you at all because he's a tunneling bastard and doesn't deserve it.

    I just think this would be a welcome addition to prevent killers from bringing in ivorys to tunnel down the survivor that gave them the hardest time and Mori them. It's complete bull and isn't fair at all to the skilled survivors.

    No. Standard stun and the ability to mori remains.

  • i think it’s good where it is. no buffs/nerfs needed for it right now.

    now with moris..... maybe something needs changed here..

    fixing DS is a bandaid over the problem, so in my personal opinion mori should be changed

  • @ThisLadyRightHere said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/890164#Comment_890164

    geez a Sweaty, Tryhard, Killer main you are I see. Try playing survivor too sometime.

    If A survivor Kobe’s that’s a 4% chance they had of escape off a hook. If you really are willing to chase someone after a Kobe in front of your face you’re just lame trying way to hard in this game.

    I don’t tunnel because it’s pathetic

    Quote “ IT’S A STRATEGY” it’s not it’s BS. Anyone who says this a strategy are just sore loser that don’t like losing in this game. They only care about there precious 4k.

    I hardly get hit with DS. If people find DS really annoying then that’s really a you probably.

    The entire point of a strategy is to put the game as much in your favor as possible.

    If your strategy is so effective that it's BS then that just means its a really good strategy.

    Remember that the best strategy is one that cannot be countered no matter what the other side does, in other words it's 100% BS. So thus if you are strategizing and you figure out some way to cheese a guaranteed win, then congratulations! You are doing strategy correctly.

    It's not my job to give you a fun game, in fact it's my job to make your life miserable by Killing you in as reliable a fashion as possible. It's the DEVS job to ensure that I can't do something too uncounterable, not mine.

‹ 1 2