Spirit nerf seems ok except...

I don't mind that she doesn't have collision now since I don't rely on it but why not vaulting animation? I only use this for the shack loop but still it is very helpful.

Please devs, don't add this

Also I'm so relieved that they didn't gut her. I can stll destroy SWF teams 😈

Comments

  • @Twiggerty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/836758#Comment_836758

    Maybe you shouldnt rely on killers powers so much man, idk.

    Do you even hear what you say? You are asking me to only m1.

  • you don't have to m1 only but if your relying on your power so much that you can't get any kill without it then your just a bad killer. ptb spirit was still powerful just like all killers.

  • @Twiggerty said:

    you don't have to m1 only but if your relying on your power so much that you can't get any kill without it then your just a bad killer. ptb spirit was still powerful just like all killers.

    Nice try but doo stop lying. It is obvious you are playing the bias card here.


    Whats the point of having a power if the power in question is very very bad to the point it does more harm to you than it helps you in a match?

  • @Rinthespooki said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/836800#Comment_836800

    Nice try but doo stop lying. It is obvious you are playing the bias card here.

    Whats the point of having a power if the power in question is very very bad to the point it does more harm to you than it helps you in a match?

    your obviusly the one with a bias if you think the spirits power hurt her lmao


  • @Dwight_Fairfield said:

    Why does she deserve a no vaulting animation and everyone else doesn't?

    She phases, doesn't need a vault, she passes through unhindered.

    I'm sure she's fine with the no vault, you should be too.

  • @Twiggerty said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/836813#Comment_836813

    your obviusly the one with a bias if you think the spirits power hurt her lmao

    And you say that killers shouldn't use heir powers...

    Soo yes, i am saying you are the bias one here but fail miserably to act as if you have experience with spirit.

  • @Peanits said:

    Basically for the reason you've said. You go to a window (like shack)- which can easily be dealt with through mindgames and knowing how to run the tile- and the survivor has literally no way to tell if you're actually vaulting or if you're just standing there. If they stick around to wait and see, it's too late. If they start running around and find out that you were really just standing there, it's too late. It's a blind gamble and something we'd like to avoid.

    We'd like for the mindgames to be something you actually do, not something that just happens for you.

    @Peanits

    Any attention being brought to her passive phase then? Because it’s not something the Spirit actively does, but it definitely benefits them, especially with suboptimal connections.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/834841#Comment_834841

    Only 1 out of the 17 can teleport through walls on demand, puts traps down that survivors get stuck in, throws hatchets, makes survivors sick etc....

    That is just a stupid argument for why something should be changed. That is literally saying no killer should have something unique.

    Difference is that this is a shared mechanic between EVERY killer. Powers are entirely different from a built in mechanic of the game used by every killer.

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    I don't mind that she doesn't have collision now since I don't rely on it but why not vaulting animation? I only use this for the shack loop but still it is very helpful.

    Please devs, don't add this

    Also I'm so relieved that they didn't gut her. I can stll destroy SWF teams ?

    Hmm ur on ps4 right?

  • @deadbyhitbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/835158#Comment_835158

    Difference is that this is a shared mechanic between EVERY killer. Powers are entirely different from a built in mechanic of the game used by every killer.

    That is irrelevant.

  • No it isn't. You're comparing unique powers specifically made for every killer to a shared mechanic that every killer has and uses.

  • @underlord99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/836521#Comment_836521

    jesus can you spirit mains just shut up for once and wait and see what the dev's have in store instead of comparing a needed nerf to a nerf that ruined a killer ???

    nurse players commenting on nurse before ptr

    nurse mains just play on ptr and wait to see what changes!

    ptr had: blinks recharging earlier than they would be on live (on swing instead of fatigue), one addon breaking nurse altogether, juttery blinks altogether...was there one more?

    nurse on live: we nerfed the addons that made her almost a base kit nurse further and thats it!

    so yes "wait for ptr"

  • @deadbyhitbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/837124#Comment_837124

    No it isn't. You're comparing unique powers specifically made for every killer to a shared mechanic that every killer has and uses.

    Killers are meant to be different. Whether that's related to their power, their vault, or their run speed.

    By the logic you're using all killers should run the same speed as well.

  • Sorry but nah, justified.

  • I just hope she'll get a cool and fitting animation. Maybe sorta flickering back and forth for a second before "materializing" on the other side of the window? Or a more refined version of the "I'm just gonna slide through this wall real quick" ptb animation.

    No need to make her physically climb through the window 😄

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/837148#Comment_837148

    Killers are meant to be different. Whether that's related to their power, their vault, or their run speed.

    By the logic you're using all killers should run the same speed as well.

    This is the direction the game is moving in. They nerfed ew1 mike for the sake of simplicity

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    I don't mind that she doesn't have collision now since I don't rely on it but why not vaulting animation? I only use this for the shack loop but still it is very helpful.

    Please devs, don't add this

    Also I'm so relieved that they didn't gut her. I can stll destroy SWF teams ?

    Uh she HAD one on the PTB, but they removed it. Not sure why because it honestly looked really cool and it’s an essential part of survivor gameplay to be able to tell if someone is vaulting. My guess is it was just a bug they left in.

  • Can't wait for the nerf. Everyone and their mothers are playing spirit with prayer beads, much more now that the nerf has been announced, can't come fast enough!

  • @MissBehavingX said:

    Can't wait for the nerf. Everyone and their mothers are playing spirit with prayer beads, much more now that the nerf has been announced, can't come fast enough!

    Sad news is it's probably a near month away. ptb is usually 2 weeks and it hasn't been announced yet even :D

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/837148#Comment_837148

    Killers are meant to be different. Whether that's related to their power, their vault, or their run speed.

    By the logic you're using all killers should run the same speed as well.

    The devs have clearly shown that the vaulting mechanic is intended to be the same on every killer. Speed is dependent on the killers unique ability, which is why it varies. Vaulting however isn't reliant on anything about the killer. Which is why all killers share the same vaulting animation now. It's a good thing though, because now Spirits can't stand still and think they're good at the game for doing literally nothing.

  • @S_Panda said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/837273#Comment_837273

    Sad news is it's probably a near month away. ptb is usually 2 weeks and it hasn't been announced yet even :D

    PTB was leaked and is this upcoming Tuesday I believe. So, at least it isn't too far away

  • @deadbyhitbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/837172#Comment_837172

    The devs have clearly shown that the vaulting mechanic is intended to be the same on every killer. Speed is dependent on the killers unique ability, which is why it varies. Vaulting however isn't reliant on anything about the killer. Which is why all killers share the same vaulting animation now. It's a good thing though, because now Spirits can't stand still and think they're good at the game for doing literally nothing.

    "The devs have clearly shown that the vaulting mechanic is intended to be the same on every killer."

    No, they did not. They intended for it be as it was on Spirit in the beginning but now they decided it was too much. They never mentioned a single things about intending for vaults to be the same on every killer. We even literally have a killer that changes his vault speed in the form of Myers.

    "Speed is dependent on the killers unique ability, which is why it varies."

    Just like their vaulting.

    "Vaulting however isn't reliant on anything about the killer."

    This is just simply incorrect. Myers T3.

    "Which is why all killers share the same vaulting animation now."

    They do not.

    "It's a good thing though, because now Spirits can't stand still and think they're good at the game for doing literally nothing."

    If you actually played Spirit at any relevant rank and with any relevant amount of hours you would not think this.

  • Personally, I think the only thing that needed changed was prayer beads. The rest of it feels unnecessary. With that said, I think she'll still be playable.

  • @altruistic said:

    Because 1 out of 17 killers didn't have a vault animation.

    This is an unbalance. I don't know how this is so difficult for people to grasp that it's unfair. Even the Nurse has a vault animation.

    So the spirit had a unique mind game at windows? Where's the problem? How is that hard to grasp?

  • @Peanits said:

    Basically for the reason you've said. You go to a window (like shack)- which can easily be dealt with through mindgames and knowing how to run the tile- and the survivor has literally no way to tell if you're actually vaulting or if you're just standing there. If they stick around to wait and see, it's too late. If they start running around and find out that you were really just standing there, it's too late. It's a blind gamble and something we'd like to avoid.

    We'd like for the mindgames to be something you actually do, not something that just happens for you.

    Any plans on tweaking SWF in the future?

  • @JordanMalicious said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/834841#Comment_834841

    So the spirit had a unique mind game at windows? Where's the problem? How is that hard to grasp?

    Pressing a button that makes you do an action that gives no feedback to the survivors is not a mindgame

  • @S_Panda said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/837273#Comment_837273

    Sad news is it's probably a near month away. ptb is usually 2 weeks and it hasn't been announced yet even :D

    Yeah I guess it's spirit-only-matches now :/ at least for while

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/835244#Comment_835244

    A mindgame is something you do to outsmart someone, it's not running in a straight line after someone and leaving them with no way to tell what you're doing. You can't really expect the survivor to not be close to the killer unless you give them a way to always maintain distance from the killer, which is tricky when the killer can turn invisible and catch back up at 7.2m/s.

    This is off-topic...

    But survivors running in a straight line when versing current nurse while she have a hard time to catch up is survivors outsmart her?

    Please revisit her

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    I don't mind that she doesn't have collision now since I don't rely on it but why not vaulting animation? I only use this for the shack loop but still it is very helpful.

    Please devs, don't add this

    Also I'm so relieved that they didn't gut her. I can stll destroy SWF teams ?

    Why should she get no vault animation when killers like clown literally scream when they vault?

  • @Peanits

    So when are you making some adjustments to survivors? You know SWFs do exist, some do not just play with their friends. When are we getting our adjustments and challenges and skillfull play?

    How many killer nerfs do i have to wait before you start adressing that? Do I have to become totally bored as survivor?

  • The nerf absolutely DOESN'T seem okay, Spirit was average to decent and didn't warrant it. It's also a huge nerf, she'll be useless.

  • This thread is a big bias, of all the killers, only the spirit who doesn't have a vaulting animation and now you want them to keep her like that? GTFO.

    I play spirit too and Im good with those changes but your tone is quite mad for this changes.

  • @NumB_16 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/837572#Comment_837572

    Pressing a button that makes you do an action that gives no feedback to the survivors is not a mindgame

    The mindgame isn't pushing the button, that's just the mechanical aspect. It's making them think you didn't push the button that is the mindgame.

    It's as silly as the "You stood still to mindgame thus it wasn't a mindgame" argument. Other than fooling the Survivor what benefit does not imputing anything have?

    Not only is standing still as Spirit a mindgame, but it's also ONLY a mindgame and would be completely pointless if it wasn't, just like it's completely pointless on most other Killers that don't use mindgames as a big part of their gameplay.

    Remember, the aspects that make a mindgame a mindgame have nothing to do with the specific inputs, that's just the execution, but in the prediction aspect where each player tries to figure out what the other player will do (or in the case of Spirit has already done), not through mechanical information (animations, audio cues, ect) but through psychological information (patterns, game sense, logic ect).

    The inputs themselves are just how you translate that prediction into gameplay, they aren't themselves the mindgame, just you locking in your answer.

    Contrast a Killer with more focus on mechanical Precision such as Huntress. There the literal mechanical actions you take actually ARE the plays rather than just the medium for translating a play you've in a sense already made into the games mechanics for interpretation.

  • If she doesnt have collision when phasing she should be able to phase through windows and pallets. At a considerable drain to her power

  • @csandman1977 said:

    If she doesnt have collision when phasing she should be able to phase through windows and pallets. At a considerable drain to her power

    I don't see how this follows.

  • It was a neat little idea that didn't pan out well, just like a lot of things Spirit related.

    A killer that efficiently hunts (mostly) by hearing but is blind while doing so sounds like such a badass and unique idea for a killer. But the execution was flawed; they overbloated Spirit's kit with too many unnecessary "mechanics" such as the passive-phasing, no vault animation, collision during phasing, lack of indications of when she's phasing, etc, etc and she ended up becoming less of a "hunt with your ears while blind" to a "flip a weighted coin, if the survivor guessed wrong they lose".

  • I definitely agree she needs to give feedback that she's vaulting, but the lack of animation looks awesome.

    How about a unique yell to signal she's vaulting??

  • @Outland said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/834851#Comment_834851

    She phases, doesn't need a vault, she passes through unhindered.

    I'm sure she's fine with the no vault, you should be too.

    By that logic the Hillbilly should chainsaw through windows.

    I mean even the blinking Nurse has a vault animation.

  • I found it a little odd she didn't have a vault. Hell she might still be able to blink out while she's vaulting.

    That passive phase sure is a doozie c:

  • @PeenutsButt3r said:

    This thread is a big bias, of all the killers, only the spirit who doesn't have a vaulting animation and now you want them to keep her like that? GTFO.

    I play spirit too and Im good with those changes but your tone is quite mad for this changes.

    You didn't even read it. I'm fine with these nerfs but not with the addition of a vault animation

  • @PoisonN said:

    I'm more curious to see her new vault animation. She could throw her sword over the window and teleport to it

    im super excited for the vault animation in my opinion! It would be so cool to see, it’s probably gonna be so cool due to her character design

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/837721#Comment_837721

    You didn't even read it. I'm fine with these nerfs but not with the addition of a vault animation

    I personally don't really see much issue in it since the only real place I can think of to effectively vault mindgame a survivor is the shack. Otherwise isnt it better to avoid vaulting?

  • @Peanits said:

    Basically for the reason you've said. You go to a window (like shack)- which can easily be dealt with through mindgames and knowing how to run the tile- and the survivor has literally no way to tell if you're actually vaulting or if you're just standing there. If they stick around to wait and see, it's too late. If they start running around and find out that you were really just standing there, it's too late. It's a blind gamble and something we'd like to avoid.

    We'd like for the mindgames to be something you actually do, not something that just happens for you.

    I hate to admit this because I loved playing spirit (and maybe will still) but I'm not a very good player in general compared to most others and therefore this "free mindgame" really helped me secure hits. Now Spirit will be significantly more challenging to play for me, but it has all to do with my lack of skill, so yeah I can totally see your point. lol

  • @StarMoral said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/838330#Comment_838330

    I personally don't really see much issue in it since the only real place I can think of to effectively vault mindgame a survivor is the shack. Otherwise isnt it better to avoid vaulting?

    Yeah the shack and sometimes I used it when my power was recharging

  • So combining it with the MDR will still be effective.

  • It is if you get a free hook from it

  • @altruistic said:

    Because 1 out of 17 killers didn't have a vault animation.

    This is an unbalance. I don't know how this is so difficult for people to grasp that it's unfair. Even the Nurse has a vault animation.

    Its called unique while not being overpowered. Why can't someone be unique with a passive

1 2 3