Freddy is so boring to play against.

Is it just me? I thought he was okay to play against when his rework just came out.

But nowadays all i see are Freddy's that use gen slowdown builds with perks like DL, Thana, PGTW, Ruin, Thrilling Tremors, Discordance etc. with Swing Chains and Jump Rope on top of that.

And then there is the recent change that Borrowed Time doesn't work against him anymore if the unhooker is asleep. And even if the unhooked Person gets BT, if the killer decides to tunnel he will just go down anyway because of Oblivious. I find this change really stupid.

Also doesn't help that most Freddy players like to bloodlust you with snares. I can live with this tho.

I get that gen times need some fixing but i still think this is too much. No one wants to hold M1 for even longer. Or at the very least make BT work against him again.

Reminder that i don't think he is OP. Just unfun to go against, not Spirit level since you can loop him at least but still.

Unrelated but i have created this discussion before but it didn't appear for some reason. Hope it's okay to post it again.

Comments

  • @Mochan said:

    I tend to agree. So sick of gen slow builds to be honest.

    I doubt you are more sick of gen slow builds than killers are of being gen rushed.

  • It's a build that includes Swing Chains and Jump Rope with Ruin, Pop, Thanataphobia, and either Dying Light, Unnerving, Or Thrilling. Its a build that's meant to have the game go on for a lot longer than it needs to be.

  • @Rydog said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/757587#Comment_757587

    "If you're going to challenge me, I'm not playing!"

    Come on, dude.

    Having the game go on longer than it needs to be isn't a challenge. Its unnecessary. A challenge is like going up against a good Nurse or Billy.

  • I agree. Remove Freddy slow down...but also remove toolboxes.

  • @Mert_MK said:

    Is it just me? I thought he was okay to play against when his rework just came out.

    But nowadays all i see are Freddy's that use gen slowdown builds with perks like DL, Thana, PGTW, Ruin, Thrilling Tremors, Discordance etc. with Swing Chains and Jump Rope on top of that.

    And then there is the recent change that Borrowed Time doesn't work against him anymore if the unhooker is asleep. And even if the unhooked Person gets BT, if the killer decides to tunnel he will just go down anyway because of Oblivious. I find this change really stupid.

    Also doesn't help that most Freddy players like to bloodlust you with snares. I can live with this tho.

    I get that gen times need some fixing but i still think this is too much. No one wants to hold M1 for even longer. Or at the very least make BT work against him again.

    Reminder that i don't think he is OP. Just unfun to go against, not Spirit level since you can loop him at least but still.

    Unrelated but i have created this discussion before but it didn't appear for some reason. Hope it's okay to post it again.

    Borrowed time should just be a regular perk, no TR involved. As to the rest, freddy is a pretty balanced killer and honestly, unlike spirit, he offers a lot of counterplay

  • @Kebek said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/758005#Comment_758005

    Oh really, so you hold M1 purely on gens so that you can go into another game to do the same. Sorry that I don't see the point of taking the way that constaints least M1 holding since your next game will be completely the same old holding M1 if you refuse to do anythyng else. Maybe if survivors in high ranks put slightly less focus on holding M1 on gens (at least when they face M1 killers) then those killers wouldn't run full genslowdown builds.

    If survivors are bored of holding M1 (even when that what 70% of survivor gameplay is about) then go start a chase injured or learn how to do proper stealth or play meme builds. There are many things you can do insted of holding M1 on gens but unfortunately best way to make any killers game miserable (while also beiing winning strategy for survivors) is to make a game last 5 minutes by purely holding M1 on gens without a care for anything else.

    Best solution would be to either create new objective or make current M1 actions somehow more appealing.

    Selfcaring in a corner doesn't let gen pop automatically by their own. Gens have do be done anyway, it's the main objective.

  • @ASAPTurtle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/758000#Comment_758000

    It's a build that includes Swing Chains and Jump Rope with Ruin, Pop, Thanataphobia, and either Dying Light, Unnerving, Or Thrilling. Its a build that's meant to have the game go on for a lot longer than it needs to be.

    Ahh, yeah name fits. I hate to verse that.

  • @ASAPTurtle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/757724#Comment_757724

    Having the game go on longer than it needs to be isn't a challenge. Its unnecessary. A challenge is like going up against a good Nurse or Billy.

    I'm not advocating holding a match hostage, but it's in the killer's best interests to delay gen completion. It's how they accomplish their entire goal; the game is a clock that they have to beat, so obviously there is gonna be a bias toward perks that make that clock as forgiving as possible.

    I feel like people here willfully choose to not comprehend this sort of thing.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/757692#Comment_757692

    Because I wtry and consider the fun of both killers and survivors. And I can totally understand that it's no fun having a 40% action speed debuff.

    Also, if a killer is able to slow down the game too much, at some point they don't have to even try because survivors will take so long to repair gens that a killer can pretty much just force every pallet drop and destroy all pallets, and then have easy downs on survivor.

    Repair speed should only be able to be slowed down by so much.

    What is fun for both sides? If I don’t ruin any slowdown perks, don’t run NOED (because crutch perk right?), does your team agree to take a break from doing gens while I chase someone for 2 minutes on the near infinite loops?

  • @Rivyn said:

    Survivors gen rush

    Killers bring slow gen builds

    Survivors

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/323/XID9LHV8OUQI.png

    You made my day already lol

  • I mean, I literally just had a game fly by in the shortest i've ever seen, and then got called a pleb and stuff. I just said "Well if you want to play the game boring thats on you, imma go have fun."


    I was like, minimum time for a match I swear, even with me smacking people. They all did the whole Body block thing, instaheals (Thank Goddess those are gone soon) and everything the normal "Ultra sweatly" people do.

  • Red Paint Brush and Swing Chains when paired with Thantatophobia and Dying Light is the most boring build on the planet. Sitting on generators for two minutes is not exactly very thrilling. I’m never really excited to go against a Freddy. He is easily one of my most disliked killers to face.

    That being said...he doesn’t need a change though

  • Sounds like you are really whining......again.

  • Actually... you aren't wrong..

    @Mert_MK said:

    Is it just me? I thought he was okay to play against when his rework just came out.

    But nowadays all i see are Freddy's that use gen slowdown builds with perks like DL, Thana, PGTW, Ruin, Thrilling Tremors, Discordance etc. with Swing Chains and Jump Rope on top of that.

    And then there is the recent change that Borrowed Time doesn't work against him anymore if the unhooker is asleep. And even if the unhooked Person gets BT, if the killer decides to tunnel he will just go down anyway because of Oblivious. I find this change really stupid.

    Also doesn't help that most Freddy players like to bloodlust you with snares. I can live with this tho.

    I get that gen times need some fixing but i still think this is too much. No one wants to hold M1 for even longer. Or at the very least make BT work against him again.

    Reminder that i don't think he is OP. Just unfun to go against, not Spirit level since you can loop him at least but still.

    Unrelated but i have created this discussion before but it didn't appear for some reason. Hope it's okay to post it again.

    Freddy.. (It's hard to explain so bare with me..)


    Freddy is just.. an annoyance not really interesting not really jump-scary he's kinda like the trapper with less extra steps. Don't get me wrong he's fun to play as... But not really interesting to play against..

  • @FreddySpaghetti said:

    When I play Clown without Ruin and try to play according to the survivor's rulebook, the gens go quick and survivors teabag at the exit gate and flashlight click. So excuse us Freddy mains for getting revenge against you little demons but it's not gonna change. In fact, in honor of this thread, I'm going to play EXTRA sweaty tonight and apply Dying Light instead of Enduring.

    Swing Chains and Paint Brush with a BLACK WARD so I can do it again

    Ruin

    Thana

    Dying Light

    SLOPPY BUTCHER

    Have fun, cause uncle Fred is coming to touch you and no amount of toolboxes or Prove Thyself will save you.

    Sincerely, a Rank 1 Freddy

    I‘m so glad killing myself on first hook isn‘t punishable.

    Keep being boring. Don‘t be surprised when you‘ll see an increased amount of survivors bringing toolboxes then.

  • We can mess with Freddy's slowdown after the problem of gen speed is fixed.

  • Freddy is boring...…….spirit is boring...………..Nurse is boring...….. Dear god, entitled survivor mains seriously complain about every killer. I swear there is at least one complaining post for each killer.

  • I got called boring as Legion cause I Killed them all.... at rank 4.Sorry I can make a low tier Killer a challenge.

  • I have to agree, Freddy is waaay too much time and energy for the same return elsewhere and imho is the least fun to play against. NOT cos I think he’s the hardest, he’s just hardwork!!

    i have to admit the next time I dc on Freddy won’t be the first - I can actually feel my eyes rolling back in my head thinking here we go again on the grind.

    killers seem to love him, I wonder why NOT!

  • @Mert_MK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/758564#Comment_758564

    I‘m so glad killing myself on first hook isn‘t punishable.

    Keep being boring. Don‘t be surprised when you‘ll see an increased amount of survivors bringing toolboxes then.

    Although I've never ran the forever Freddy build, I just play Freddy like normal. Don't get me wrong, holding M1 is boring and that's why I mainly play killer because it's more interactive so I don't get bored as fast but on average my lobbies have a guaranteed chance of at least 1 toolbox and 75% of the time 2 toolboxes are present. Toolboxes are already so common that I don't see how they can become even more popular.

  • He's the only killer that has two separate play types (snare/pallet).

    And having to wake up is an objective in itself.

    He's good fun.

  • The only thing I really relate to is the gen destroyer builds. It is a MASSIVE action speed debuff, even worse than Legion (who I would rather play against comparing them and this build). As a couple others have already said, if I spawn in and see you have that build, I'm either disconnecting or letting him kill me simply because the game would be a waste of my time. I'm gonna die anyway so why prolong it?

  • @FreddySpaghetti

    Quick question, my dude, thoughts on this build?

    POGTW

    BBQ

    Brutal Strength

    And the fourth is usually switching with Stridor, Huntress Lullaby, Corrupt Intervention and Whispers

    Addons for Pallets, either Garden Rake or Paint Thinner, and Green Dress, Blue Dress or Nancy's Masterpiece

  • Annoying to play against

  • @FreddySpaghetti said:

    When I play Clown without Ruin and try to play according to the survivor's rulebook, the gens go quick and survivors teabag at the exit gate and flashlight click. So excuse us Freddy mains for getting revenge against you little demons but it's not gonna change. In fact, in honor of this thread, I'm going to play EXTRA sweaty tonight and apply Dying Light instead of Enduring.

    Swing Chains and Paint Brush with a BLACK WARD so I can do it again

    Ruin

    Thana

    Dying Light

    SLOPPY BUTCHER

    Have fun, cause uncle Fred is coming to touch you and no amount of toolboxes or Prove Thyself will save you.

    Sincerely, a Rank 1 Freddy

    Rejoice freddies main

  • To be fair though, Time is essential to a Killer. That's why so many people are using Gen slow builds, The gens themselves go too quickly otherwise.


    I will agree on Freddy though, Even playing him it's just spam the loop with snares and you're almost guaranteed the hit.

  • gen slow down builds are a symptom of the problem killers want to play the game and don't like that it can potentially end in minutes.

  • Slowdown freddy is crutch, basically a whole crutch character. He's right up there with spirit / nurse as one of the more faceroll killers to win with now, unfortunately.

  • me using splinters post freddy rework: I mean he's fine but I doubt his addons/builds will make him that much stronger

    this thread: man I missed a chance to grab him on discount

  • @Mochan said:

    I tend to agree. So sick of gen slow builds to be honest.

    "So sick of killers trying to counter survivor tactics"

  • @S_Panda said:

    me using splinters post freddy rework: I mean he's fine but I doubt his addons/builds will make him that much stronger

    this thread: man I missed a chance to grab him on discount

    You're missing quite a lot, my dude.

  • @Mochan said:

    I tend to agree. So sick of gen slow builds to be honest.

    I'm sick of seeing gens pop before I even get a chance to walk to the other side of the map. Gens need major slowdown. They have for a long time. Everyone recognizes this game sucks if gens are rushed.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    We can mess with Freddy's slowdown after the problem of gen speed is fixed.

    Gen Speed isn't the problem. It's the generator builds that go with it.

  • @Nikkiwhat said:

    Sure, when Gens don't pop so damn fast when you don't constantly harass the Gens.

    It's one thing to harass gens. I'm down with that.

    It's another when the gens just take forever to repair and the red bar is creeping ever so slowly. Then I screw up my ruin skillcheck and it regresses. Ughhhh!!!

  • Amazing, it's like we've had this no heal meta where gens go way too fast, and we finally have a few things that work together to make gens not go so fast so we use them.

    And then of course the complaint is that it's not fun that gens don't go too fast.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/757692#Comment_757692

    Because I wtry and consider the fun of both killers and survivors. And I can totally understand that it's no fun having a 40% action speed debuff.

    Also, if a killer is able to slow down the game too much, at some point they don't have to even try because survivors will take so long to repair gens that a killer can pretty much just force every pallet drop and destroy all pallets, and then have easy downs on survivor.

    Repair speed should only be able to be slowed down by so much.


    Hah that sounds like my matches when Old Freddy was a thing. (RIP Old Freddy) I'd use my stall and juggle targets to sleep everyone and quite literally waste everybody's time until I got 50 concussions from pallets dropped on my head, then survivors were screwed.


    I always ran something like DIscordance, BBQ, Monitor, STBFL, and I could close out games pretty fast even at higher ranks without ruin. (Survivors would kind of brain fart against OG Freddy. Sure you play against Nurse and Billy 24/7 but what about a Freddy who knows what he's doing and is constantly dropping targets and reengaging unpredictably? Especially if he burns a thick mist offering, making it very hard to spot him in the dream world. I also got plenty of gengrabs on cocky survivors working on gens because they expect 7 seconds when in reality my addons might have reduced it, and I had a very fast reaction time for the grab.) I later ran a One Punch Man build during the mettle of man crisis (STBFL, PWYF, Monitor, Rancor.) so I could one-hit-mori the mettle of man mcloopypants after ignoring them all game.


    Loved Old Freddy. I can confirm matches took a very long time though. If you wanted to be really toxic you could run the "Classic" Dying Light + Black Box + Mori "Tunnel Freddy" build. Throw in Swing Chains and Jump Rope and you could slow the game down so much people start DCing because no progress can be made while asleep.


    Either way the new "Forever Freddy" is nothing like the old one. The only addon combo I see that's cheesy is Red Paint Brush + Swing Chains but the debuff is less than Thanatophobia. Maybe if survivors combo Red Paint Brush + Swing Chains + Dying Light + Thanatophobia it gets bad but I've yet to go against it and it's still nothing like the original Freddy.

  • @Mr_Goodman said:

    Freddy is boring...…….spirit is boring...………..Nurse is boring...….. Dear god, entitled survivor mains seriously complain about every killer. I swear there is at least one complaining post for each killer.

    Boring is codeword for difficult. The idea being if they say boring instead of difficult they won't have killer mains counter their wish for change.

  • If you have such a problem with it. Find a build to counter it....

  • Wait, Spirit wasn't even nerfed yet. So be patient with Freddy, devs will nerf them anyways.

  • @Mert_MK said:

    Is it just me? I thought he was okay to play against when his rework just came out.

    But nowadays all i see are Freddy's that use gen slowdown builds with perks like DL, Thana, PGTW, Ruin, Thrilling Tremors, Discordance etc. with Swing Chains and Jump Rope on top of that.

    And then there is the recent change that Borrowed Time doesn't work against him anymore if the unhooker is asleep. And even if the unhooked Person gets BT, if the killer decides to tunnel he will just go down anyway because of Oblivious. I find this change really stupid.

    Also doesn't help that most Freddy players like to bloodlust you with snares. I can live with this tho.

    I get that gen times need some fixing but i still think this is too much. No one wants to hold M1 for even longer. Or at the very least make BT work against him again.

    Reminder that i don't think he is OP. Just unfun to go against, not Spirit level since you can loop him at least but still.

    Unrelated but i have created this discussion before but it didn't appear for some reason. Hope it's okay to post it again.

    Sooooo with all the posts "gen rush is ridiculous!" You're going to complain there's one killer that can counter it ?

    Quick tips vs Freddy;

    First, you can use OoO to see him at all time when asleep even when within the 32m radius in which he doesn't see you. Bc of the Oblivious status.

    Second, if you have trouble with hooks try to use DS it still work wonders against him.

    Lastly, not a lot of ppl know this it seems but small game detect dream pallets and dream snares.

  • @Toybasher said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/757972#Comment_757972

    Hah that sounds like my matches when Old Freddy was a thing. (RIP Old Freddy) I'd use my stall and juggle targets to sleep everyone and quite literally waste everybody's time until I got 50 concussions from pallets dropped on my head, then survivors were screwed.

    I always ran something like DIscordance, BBQ, Monitor, STBFL, and I could close out games pretty fast even at higher ranks without ruin. (Survivors would kind of brain fart against OG Freddy. Sure you play against Nurse and Billy 24/7 but what about a Freddy who knows what he's doing and is constantly dropping targets and reengaging unpredictably? Especially if he burns a thick mist offering, making it very hard to spot him in the dream world. I also got plenty of gengrabs on cocky survivors working on gens because they expect 7 seconds when in reality my addons might have reduced it, and I had a very fast reaction time for the grab.) I later ran a One Punch Man build during the mettle of man crisis (STBFL, PWYF, Monitor, Rancor.) so I could one-hit-mori the mettle of man mcloopypants after ignoring them all game.

    Loved Old Freddy. I can confirm matches took a very long time though. If you wanted to be really toxic you could run the "Classic" Dying Light + Black Box + Mori "Tunnel Freddy" build. Throw in Swing Chains and Jump Rope and you could slow the game down so much people start DCing because no progress can be made while asleep.

    Either way the new "Forever Freddy" is nothing like the old one. The only addon combo I see that's cheesy is Red Paint Brush + Swing Chains but the debuff is less than Thanatophobia. Maybe if survivors combo Red Paint Brush + Swing Chains + Dying Light + Thanatophobia it gets bad but I've yet to go against it and it's still nothing like the original Freddy.

    I could see that as one of the reasons why old Freddy was also no fun to go against, despite him being weak.

    Red Paint Brush with Swing Chains is in no way a problem. Especially since it's an ultra rare and a very rare addon. But using it with Thana and Dying Light, and it gets a bit too much in my opinion. Especially since it slows the game down especially during the late part of the match, when there are less gens left. Which is why I think a debuff cap of 25% for survivors action speed would be very needed. It will have to be a thing once the majority of maps are reworked. It would otherwise be too strong and boring to play against.

  • @MrDardon said:

    Wait, Spirit wasn't even nerfed yet. So be patient with Freddy, devs will nerf them anyways.

    What makes you think Freddy will be nerfed after Spirit? The devs won't go through the entire killer list an dalways pick the one killer who is strongest and then nerf them.

    This post isn't even about nerfing Freddy. Solely his potential to slow down survivor action speed is too much and needs to be nerfed. Which can be done by simply adding a cap to how much killers can slow down survivors action speed when stacking multiple debuff effects.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/765972#Comment_765972

    What makes you think Freddy will be nerfed after Spirit? The devs won't go through the entire killer list an dalways pick the one killer who is strongest and then nerf them.

    This post isn't even about nerfing Freddy. Solely his potential to slow down survivor action speed is too much and needs to be nerfed. Which can be done by simply adding a cap to how much killers can slow down survivors action speed when stacking multiple debuff effects.

    I was being sarcastic. People cry that Nurse got nerfed. Now people think next one will be Spirit. And since Freddy is told to be the 3rd best Killer now I was joking by saying "Wait, Spirit didn't even get nerfed yet, why already being impatient about Freddy."

  • @MrDardon said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/766315#Comment_766315

    I was being sarcastic. People cry that Nurse got nerfed. Now people think next one will be Spirit. And since Freddy is told to be the 3rd best Killer now I was joking by saying "Wait, Spirit didn't even get nerfed yet, why already being impatient about Freddy."

    Ok sorry didn't get that. I have seen people say that Freddy will need nerfs though.

    Also, it's fine to think that Freddy is op. Everyone is entitled to have their opinion. I just doubt they will change him.

  • @ad19970 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/766487#Comment_766487

    Ok sorry didn't get that. I have seen people say that Freddy will need nerfs though.

    Also, it's fine to think that Freddy is op. Everyone is entitled to have their opinion. I just doubt they will change him.

    I hope not. I was just making fun of those "Killer op, pliz nerf" threads.

    I hope if they nerf Spirit, they don't touch her base, only some addons cough Prayer Beads. But we all saw how well the Devs are doing in not touching a base kit ability.

  • @Mert_MK said:

    Is it just me? I thought he was okay to play against when his rework just came out.

    But nowadays all i see are Freddy's that use gen slowdown builds with perks like DL, Thana, PGTW, Ruin, Thrilling Tremors, Discordance etc. with Swing Chains and Jump Rope on top of that.

    And then there is the recent change that Borrowed Time doesn't work against him anymore if the unhooker is asleep. And even if the unhooked Person gets BT, if the killer decides to tunnel he will just go down anyway because of Oblivious. I find this change really stupid.

    Also doesn't help that most Freddy players like to bloodlust you with snares. I can live with this tho.

    I get that gen times need some fixing but i still think this is too much. No one wants to hold M1 for even longer. Or at the very least make BT work against him again.

    Reminder that i don't think he is OP. Just unfun to go against, not Spirit level since you can loop him at least but still.

    Unrelated but i have created this discussion before but it didn't appear for some reason. Hope it's okay to post it again.

    No. No. Nonononono. Not Freddy. Nurse was first. Then spirit. Now Freddy's power get questioned? No really no.

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    If you have such a problem with it. Find a build to counter it....

    You're basically telling me to keep running a gen rush build to make these matches somewhat bearable when there is no way for me to know if it's a Freddy with this build before. We don't need more of that.

  • @Mert_MK said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/765912#Comment_765912

    You're basically telling me to keep running a gen rush build to make these matches somewhat bearable when there is no way for me to know if it's a Freddy with this build before. We don't need more of that.

    I think they’re saying that you need to focus more on hiding from and/or looping the killer rather than just all 4 survivors run to a gen and have 2-3 done by the time the first chase is over even when the chase isn’t long. If it takes a killer 10 second to find a survivor, 10 seconds to get the first hit and then 20 seconds to get the down that means 1.5 gens worth of progress done already. That means the game is basically a third done after ONE CHASE, sorry that’s not fun and if that means I have to run a slow down build on every killer so be it.

  • Thana prolongs the gens not even for 10 seconds. Is it really that much? I think not. Freddy is a basic M1 killer with some extras. If you can't loop him, you have to learn it. It's 100x easier than going against Clown, even.... Entirely survivor's fault.

  • @Snapshot said:

    Thana prolongs the gens not even for 10 seconds. Is it really that much? I think not. Freddy is a basic M1 killer with some extras. If you can't loop him, you have to learn it. It's 100x easier than going against Clown, even.... Entirely survivor's fault.

    Um.... imma let you finish, but Freddy is regarded as one of the best, while Clown is regarded as one of the worst. Just, tossing that out there.

1 2 3