Off meta perks you love?
Title^
For me, it's We'll make it. Forever one of my favourite perks in the game, its potential at tier 3 is HUGE
Tagged:
Community Manager
Title^
For me, it's We'll make it. Forever one of my favourite perks in the game, its potential at tier 3 is HUGE
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
Shadowborn. It's fun to use sometimes, but hard to fit anywhere on builds due to reliance on certain perks.
Wake Up!
For Killers Thanatophobia, Huntress and pop goes the weasel
Empathy. Why wait for your friends to be hooked to get Altruism points when you can do it the second they’re injured?
Technician, Alert and Wake Up!
Coulrophobia on Freddy. Bond, Kindred and Open Handed on survivor. The more Open Handeds the better! :-D
I've had a surprising amount of fun with Alert. Its better than I originally thought. I'm also enjoying Small game simply to be a jerk and hunt nothing but traps all game.
Technician and Alert are amazing perks. Although I would like to see Alert get a small buff to it's range since most of the it is in the killer's terror radius.
Kindred. Is that an off meta perk? Lol, regardless, I always use it.
I try to make each build appropriate to the character. Most of them do not have Self Care. (I think Claudette and Jake are the only ones who do.)
So based on that, I use all kinds of non-meta perks.
We'll Make It is good, I use it on multiple survivors.
I like Open Handed with Bond. Bond I use on several survivors as well, it's more versatile than Empathy.
For exhaustion perks, I use them all. In fact the only ones I use SB on are Meg and Jake. Probably my favourite is Dead Hard though.
Quick and Quiet with Lithe and/or Dance With Me can be fun, especially if you like to just vanish mid-chase. I like to enter a locker with Q&Q out of the killer's sight, then noisily exit and run away with Dance. 9/10 chance the killer checks the locker while you're hiding elsewhere.
Urban is kind of becoming meta-ish now, but I used it before it was cool.
Sometimes I bring Sabotage and a sabo toolbox with Jake, but never touch a hook (just because).
I'm looking forward to trying some of the perk buffs from the PTB. I didn't get into many PTB matches, so I didn't have much of a chance to test things out. I actually might start using Deja Vu, as I think that will help with idiot teammates banging out all the gens in a row and leaving us with a 3-gen defense game.
I like making the killer extra tipsy with Boil Over.
One time, I even wiggled free! The killer caught me right after.
Useful perk (sarcasm)
You want healing to be slower in the Dream World, so they can get more skill check chances? M'kay.
But yeah, maximum Aura Reading is a blast, you feel like an All-Mighty seer.
Technician.
noed, i love salt
Small game. I love to fondle totems, yet am too lazy to actively search for them. Also it helps me against trapper, since I always step in his most stupid and obvious traps out in the open. Oh wait, I still step in them, because "ooooh, totem!"
Also I sometimes use kindred, especially after rank reset, because I've died too many times on the first hook due to what I'm going to assume are new survivors crouching around and being too scared to come help....even when the killer is not even remotely near me.
Empathy, lets me know where the killer is chasing a survivor (So I can stay the ######### away LOL)
Plunderer's Instinct because I am an item hoarder.
Premonition, really handy against Pigs, Michael Myers, Wraiths (when I don't pay attention), and pretty much any killer rocking Monitor and Abuse. I only use it when playing Meg for some reason though.
Unbreakable, has saved the game for me many times lol
Tenacity, just find it fun lol
Up the antie + slippery meat. Gonna kobe myself off that hook.
I love bond. It compensates for my poor survivor skills and helps me not sell anyone to the killer.
Urban Evasion (although it's becoming quite meta now)
Stake Out
Technician
Alert
Spine Chill
We're Gonna Live Forever
We'll Make It
Lightweight
Dance With Me
Ace in the Hole
Plunderer's Instinct
On Killer:
Make Your Choice
Coulrophobia
Dying Light
Remember Me
M&A
Overcharge
Unnerving Presence
Overwhelming Presence
Franklin's Demise
Nurse's Calling (not sure if this is meta now or not)
Quick and quiet is great for juking and I've even lost many chases accidentally. It can be so confusing for the killer. Plus locker jukes are hilarious. I'm excited to try dance with me with it for some great jukes.
Alert is criminally underrated. It's great for juking and avoiding killers and removes the mindgame from some areas.
Funnily these are all on my current survivor build.
Stakeout. Its great.
Devour Hope is still one of my favourites. We'll Make It on the survivor side
Hmmmmmmm I guess nothing is cool on survivor (For me)
Lightweight for survivors, i always liked running around unnoticed.
Thanatophobia. Currently running it on pig with sloppy butcher and it really synergizes.
They're far better than most people think.