Face it Killer Mains..

Until DC fixing is done, you have to play the most blandest, mildest killer to keep the survivors from dcing.

You aren't allowed to use Purple perks (because they are OP) and not allowed to add-ons beyond yellow rarity.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Punishing DCs solves nothing.

    Survivors will kill themselves, go AFK, run up to you to die, suicide on hook, etc. if they don't want to play.

    Killers like to pretend that they are the "weak role" in this game and that Survivors hold all the power. That's non-sense. There is a direct correlation between power and helplessness and the DC epidemic.

    It's hilarious how killers easily notice and point out how often Survivors DC, then complain how Survivors are the Power Role.

    Does not compute, sorry.


    To fix the DC epidemic, BHVR needs to take a good long look at game balance and mechanics. There are a lot of broken and bad mechanics in this game that result in incredibly stressful experiences for survivors. Far more stressful than anything a killer has to put up with.

    Or not. The game is doing fine as it is, I mean 3 years and still going strong despite a ton of bugs, man gamebreaking. There is a charm to this game in its current form, but it does come with many caveats, including the DC problem.

  • @Mochan said:

    Punishing DCs solves nothing.

    Survivors will kill themselves, go AFK, run up to you to die, suicide on hook, etc. if they don't want to play.

    Killers like to pretend that they are the "weak role" in this game and that Survivors hold all the power. That's non-sense. There is a direct correlation between power and helplessness and the DC epidemic.

    It's hilarious how killers easily notice and point out how often Survivors DC, then complain how Survivors are the Power Role.

    Does not compute, sorry.

    Well then they shouldn't play if they don't want too. I'm glad you are only arguing one side of the issue here.

  • Is Wraith bland?

    Cause they DC against him too.

  • @Boss said:

    Is Wraith bland?

    Cause they DC against him too.

    That right there... is a big O O F.

  • @Mochan said:

    Punishing DCs solves nothing.

    Survivors will kill themselves, go AFK, run up to you to die, suicide on hook, etc. if they don't want to play.

    Killers like to pretend that they are the "weak role" in this game and that Survivors hold all the power. That's non-sense. There is a direct correlation between power and helplessness and the DC epidemic.

    It's hilarious how killers easily notice and point out how often Survivors DC, then complain how Survivors are the Power Role.

    Does not compute, sorry.

    Hey that's the point I was trying to make, by changing anything is shifting the power to one side, and they should just keep it as it is and stop letting people change things to fit the current meta because someone had a bad game because of one perk weather it's survivor or killer's fix the minor thing's to keep the balance between survivor's and killer's

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/733763#Comment_733763

    Boi. Did you just accuse me of camping or Tunneling? I can literally show you that I don't. Don't you instantly say that I tunnel and camp cause I have issues with certain crap. CAUSE I DON'T EVEN SLUG!

    Get your point across and stop accusing people of crap they don't do.

    Then stop complaining about things you can easily avoid and stop turning the discussion to " us poor killers have to put up with so many crap and we never dc". I already got my point across. This killer main forum refuses to get any of their broken addons or offerings nerfed, and then complains about dcing. I find it very funny.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    I've been told that I could get banned for trapping exit gates. Hilarious.

    How dare you hold them hostage like that!!!

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/733782#Comment_733782

    Then stop complaining about things you can easily avoid and stop turning the discussion to " us poor killers have to put up with so many crap and we never dc". I already got my point across. This killer main forum refuses to get any of their broken addons or offerings nerfed, and then complain about dcing. I find it very funny.

    Okay, I was literally about to ask you were you wanted me to send you links to videos of my past games. Also, I'm not trying to turn it into that. You did. Look man, I want a game where it's a good back and forth for everyone. No stomping on either side. I don't Slug, Tunnel, or camp and I still get hit with that crap. I was listing all of that cause you listed stuff Killers have. Let's both calm down and get back to the topic at hand. I do not think that nerfing add-ons will help. That is my opinion and i've yet to see anything to change it.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/733782#Comment_733782

    Then stop complaining about things you can easily avoid and stop turning the discussion to " us poor killers have to put up with so many crap and we never dc". I already got my point across. This killer main forum refuses to get any of their broken addons or offerings nerfed, and then complain about dcing. I find it very funny.

    Oh oh oh.... one more thing. Easily avoid doesn't work when i have to potentially count to 60 for each survivor for DS, or slug which is rather risky in the long run. And I can't help it if the SURVIVOR with BT BODY BLOCKS me. So, now that I got my two last points out of the way, let's move on. (after you prolly get your last points out of the way, and perhaps take another dig at me for no reason other than you are on the internet and get no repercussions to it.)

  • @MissGamer456 said:

    Things survivors DC on for a decent reason-

    Tunneling

    Camping

    Slugging

    Mori

    Prayer Bead Bracelet

    Iridescent Head

    Tombstone/ Infinite Tier 3/ Jump-scare Myers On Lery’s

    Brainless Teammates

    Found First, But Doesn’t Wanna Be Found First (This is kinda dumb, but understandable)

    Just Don’t Wanna Play Against That Particular Killer

    Can’t Complete Gens Because Killer Has Ruin And PGTW (Very Frustrating)

    Things Survivor Just randomly DC for-

    DeRanking

    Trolling

    "Found First, But Doesn’t Wanna Be Found First"? That is not understandable. In 90% of my matches as survivor, I'm found first. Hell, I stopped equipping Deliverance because I'm always the first hooked. I've never disconnected for it.

    "Decent" reasons to disconnect: victim of cheating, being held hostage, glitched, need to leave because of real life intruding on your game time. Maybe lag, but I usually just suicide on hook when the lag is suddenly atrocious.

    Disconnecting is not a way to deal with not liking certain elements of the game. If someone dislikes so many things about the game, they shouldn't play. It's not cool for them to ruin the killer's and other survivors' fun. There are always gonna be certain things about any game that not everyone is a fan of; they can either live with it or find something else to play.

  • @Mochan said:

    Punishing DCs solves nothing.

    Survivors will kill themselves, go AFK, run up to you to die, suicide on hook, etc. if they don't want to play.

    Killers like to pretend that they are the "weak role" in this game and that Survivors hold all the power. That's non-sense. There is a direct correlation between power and helplessness and the DC epidemic.

    It's hilarious how killers easily notice and point out how often Survivors DC, then complain how Survivors are the Power Role.

    Does not compute, sorry.

    Untitled Image


  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/733831#Comment_733831

    "Found First, But Doesn’t Wanna Be Found First"? That is not understandable. In 90% of my matches as survivor, I'm found first. Hell, I stopped equipping Deliverance because I'm always the first hooked. I've never disconnected for it.

    "Decent" reasons to disconnect: victim of cheating, being held hostage, glitched, need to leave because of real life intruding on your game time. Maybe lag, but I usually just suicide on hook when the lag is suddenly atrocious.

    Disconnecting is not a way to deal with not liking certain elements of the game. If someone dislikes so many things about the game, they shouldn't play. It's not cool for them to ruin the killer's and other survivors' fun. There are always gonna be certain things about any game that not everyone is a fan of; they can either live with it or find something else to play.

    I agree with a few things here. Too many people are out to ruin the fun for the other side.

  • @TragicSolitude said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/733831#Comment_733831

    "Found First, But Doesn’t Wanna Be Found First"? That is not understandable. In 90% of my matches as survivor, I'm found first. Hell, I stopped equipping Deliverance because I'm always the first hooked. I've never disconnected for it.

    "Decent" reasons to disconnect: victim of cheating, being held hostage, glitched, need to leave because of real life intruding on your game time. Maybe lag, but I usually just suicide on hook when the lag is suddenly atrocious.

    Disconnecting is not a way to deal with not liking certain elements of the game. If someone dislikes so many things about the game, they shouldn't play. It's not cool for them to ruin the killer's and other survivors' fun. There are always gonna be certain things about any game that not everyone is a fan of; they can either live with it or find something else to play.

    “There are always gonna be certain things about any game that not everyone is a fan of”

    • Of course

    they can either live with it or find something else to play.”

    • they can also make change, not everyone is entitled to just “live with it.”
  • @MissGamer456 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/733841#Comment_733841

    “There are always gonna be certain things about any game that not everyone is a fan of”

    • Of course

    they can either live with it or find something else to play.”

    • they can also make change, not everyone is entitled to just “live with it.”

    They can advocate for change, they can request a change, but until it happens, if it happens (because people requesting a change doesn't necessarily result in that change), they do have to live with it. If the way the game is is so awful, they can advocate for change and in the meantime play something else, but continuing to play and disconnecting because they don't like something isn't okay.

  • @ElementoDeus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/733777#Comment_733777

    Good cause the match was literally over in 30s told the guy to get better internet though cause literally no one got BP

    Yeah no, that sounds horrid. Hope you had better matches after.

  • No. You can bring whatever you want.

    Not everyone DCs because of what build/items you bring. There are many reasons why people DC.

    You will be seeing a lot of DCs because of the new matchmaking system and people intentionally deranking for example.

  • @SaltySwag said:

    Until DC fixing is done, you have to play the most blandest, mildest killer to keep the survivors from dcing.

    You aren't allowed to use Purple perks (because they are OP) and not allowed to add-ons beyond yellow rarity.

    Kinda like how survivors are not allowed to use adrenaline, ds, toolboxes, purple medkit add ons...

  • @ElementoDeus said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/733863#Comment_733863

    Eh seems like every match i go into is a try-hard ######### show why i normally don't play more than like 3 matches a day now (plus i have a few personal grudges against the game since a few months ago they are just lucky it's slightly addictive enough to make me forget the three matches from the day before)

    Yeah, I know how you feel. But it is fun on some level. I hope you get better games soon.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/733821#Comment_733821

    Okay, I was literally about to ask you were you wanted me to send you links to videos of my past games. Also, I'm not trying to turn it into that. You did. Look man, I want a game where it's a good back and forth for everyone. No stomping on either side. I don't Slug, Tunnel, or camp and I still get hit with that crap. I was listing all of that cause you listed stuff Killers have. Let's both calm down and get back to the topic at hand. I do not think that nerfing add-ons will help. That is my opinion and i've yet to see anything to change it.

    I believe you if you say you don't camp or tunnel, no need to prove anything.

    Why do you think that nerfing the broken addons won't help? A lot of people instantly dc when they go against those addons. There are also salty survivors that dc no matter what, but I think nerfing the addons will definitely reduce a lot of the dc's and make the game a lot more enjoyable for both sides.


  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/733825#Comment_733825

    I believe you if you say you don't camp or tunnel, no need to prove anything.

    Why do you think that nerfing the broken addons won't help? A lot of people instantly dc when they go against those addons. There are also salty survivors that dc no matter what, but I think nerfing the addons will definitely reduce a lot of the dc's and make the game a lot more enjoyable for both sides.

    Because that isnt the only reason people DC. Some even do it to derank Killers. Some do it cause they got outplayed. Some do it too deny Killers BBQ stacks. Like.... the reason are as varied as the people playing the game. I don't see how nerfing Killers will make it more fun for Killers.

  • Must have been my fancy purple knife

    20190921204911_1.jpg


  • @shalo said:

    Must have been my fancy purple knife

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/363/Y5XELKRPH8SO.jpg

    That does nothing! Wow... then again I've had Red Ranks DC against Legion. Like I said, there are so many reasons people DC.

  • Came here thinking I needed to belittle some entitlement, was very pleased instead.

  • @MemberBerry said:

    Came here thinking I needed to belittle some entitlement, was very pleased instead.

    IKR?

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/733899#Comment_733899

    Because that isnt the only reason people DC. Some even do it to derank Killers. Some do it cause they got outplayed. Some do it too deny Killers BBQ stacks. Like.... the reason are as varied as the people playing the game. I don't see how nerfing Killers will make it more fun for Killers.

    Nerfing broken things from both sides will make the game more enjoyable and reduce the amount of complaints/dc's .

  • But then you can get reported for trolling. Well, at least we can hope they won't be as awful at punishing trolls as riot games is.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/733930#Comment_733930

    Nerfing broken things from both sides will make the game more enjoyable and reduce the amount of complaints/dc's .

    Now that I can agree with.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/733610#Comment_733610

    Well at least you are level headed. But I mean, look at my math up there. With no perks, or whatever, it takes 20 seconds off a Gen. In the current meta that is a big deal. Is it the most OP thing in the game? Hell no. But it's still a big factor.

    So PGTW would be as well OP, relying on the same logic, cause its the same 25% and it comes back several times. Double standards.

  • @MegsAreEvil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/733615#Comment_733615

    So PGTW would be as well OP, relying on the same logic, cause its the same 25% and it comes back several times. Double standards.

    Honestly it is really strong if you use it right, so good job noticing that. (notice how I wasn't rude back? It's call being civil to another human. Try it some time)

  • I honestly don't understand why y'all are complaining about all these add-ons.

    I can't recall the last time I faced Prayer Beads, or Iri heads, or an Ebony Mori. You people act like this happens every game.

    Do I use Instaheals? Yes. Do I have an issue facing them? Not at all.

    Do I use Prayer Beads? Yes. Do I have a problem facing them? No.

    I fail to see the issue here.

  • @SaltySwag said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/733538#Comment_733538

    And no killer likes going against Instant Healers, and BNPs.

    How do you propose we nerf these items further?

    I'd like to see Septics, and Shots make it so you can only use them on others.

    I want instas to become heals over time. You activate it (on yourself or others) and the healing bar fills itself over ~10 seconds per state.

    That would keep their high efficiency and value, but remove jumping health states in the killer's face, allow actual counterplay by hitting them before it ends or picking u the downed survivor, and make it less disgustingly easy to use.

  • @Awakey said:

    I honestly don't understand why y'all are complaining about all these add-ons.

    I can't recall the last time I faced Prayer Beads, or Iri heads, or an Ebony Mori. You people act like this happens every game.

    Do I use Instaheals? Yes. Do I have an issue facing them? Not at all.

    Do I use Prayer Beads? Yes. Do I have a problem facing them? No.

    I fail to see the issue here.

    Moris are actually not that rare in red ranks from my experience. There are usually 1 or 2 moris everytime I play the game

    Being "rare" isn't a good excuse for not removing OP things imo.

  • Demo's purple and red add-ons aren't worth running tbh

  • @SaltySwag said:

    Until DC fixing is done, you have to play the most blandest, mildest killer to keep the survivors from dcing.

    You aren't allowed to use Purple perks (because they are OP) and not allowed to add-ons beyond yellow rarity.

    So no more Award Winning Chilli for me? 🤔 Darn.

  • @arslaN said:

    Punishing dc's isn't going to fix anything. Survivors will kill themselves on hook if they don't want to play that match anymore.

    A better solution would be to fix why survivors dc in some cases. No one enjoys going against broken addons like iridescent head huntress or prayer beads spirit.

    This. Fix first some bs stuff, then think about punishment. But as you said, punishing won't do much, people will just suicide and if that gets punished aswell people will just afk

  • @arslaN said:

    Punishing dc's isn't going to fix anything. Survivors will kill themselves on hook if they don't want to play that match anymore.

    A better solution would be to fix why survivors dc in some cases. No one enjoys going against broken addons like iridescent head huntress or prayer beads spirit.

    They are dc'ing against a Legion, the 2nd worst Killer in the game, being OP has nothing to do with it.

  • @Mochan said:

    Punishing DCs solves nothing.

    Survivors will kill themselves, go AFK, run up to you to die, suicide on hook, etc. if they don't want to play.

    Killers like to pretend that they are the "weak role" in this game and that Survivors hold all the power. That's non-sense. There is a direct correlation between power and helplessness and the DC epidemic.

    It's hilarious how killers easily notice and point out how often Survivors DC, then complain how Survivors are the Power Role.

    Does not compute, sorry.

    "There are a lot of broken and bad mechanics in this game that result in incredibly stressful experiences for survivors. Far more stressful than anything a killer has to put up with"

    Almost got me with that one. Is it my turn to tell jokes now?

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/733538#Comment_733538

    They are dc'ing against a Legion, the 2nd worst Killer in the game, being OP has nothing to do with it.

    Salty survivors will dc against any killer. I'm talking about survivors dcing against those broken addons because they aren't having fun. For example, when a spirit is using prayer beads, there is almost always a guaranteed dc .

  • @beatddb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/733784#Comment_733784

    "There are a lot of broken and bad mechanics in this game that result in incredibly stressful experiences for survivors. Far more stressful than anything a killer has to put up with"

    Almost got me with that one. Is it my turn to tell jokes now?

    Going against omega blink, ebony mori, noed nurse is such a relaxing experience right?

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/734189#Comment_734189

    Salty survivors will dc against any killer. I'm talking about survivors dcing against those broken addons because they aren't having fun. For example, when a spirit is using prayer beads, there is almost always a guaranteed dc .

    True, but the equivalent is a Killer DC'ing whenever they see medkits or a key.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/734192#Comment_734192

    True, but the equivalent is a Killer DC'ing whenever they see medkits or a key.

    They can dodge lobbies easily when they see a key. Not sure why they would dc.

    I'm saying that broken things from both sides need to be reworked (moris,insta heals,keys,prayer beads etc.) to decrease the amount of the dc'ing and make the game more enjoyable for both sides.

  • @arslaN said:

    Punishing dc's isn't going to fix anything. Survivors will kill themselves on hook if they don't want to play that match anymore.

    A better solution would be to fix why survivors dc in some cases. No one enjoys going against broken addons like iridescent head huntress or prayer beads spirit.

    I would argue that a Survivor that consistently first-hooks themself after having done almost nothing is greifing their teammates and can probably be punished for it if they do it enough.

  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/734195#Comment_734195

    They can dodge lobbies easily when they see a key. Not sure why they would dc.

    I'm saying that broken things from both sides need to be reworked (moris,insta heals,keys,prayer beads etc.) to decrease the amount of the dc'ing and make the game more enjoyable for both sides.

    None of those need to be reworked. Maybe the ebony needs to have you hook one person twice. Insta heals are whatever, PB are fine, move them to Ultra Rare tho. Keys just need to be made so that you can grab people out of hatch while they do it.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/734199#Comment_734199

    None of those need to be reworked. Maybe the ebony needs to have you hook one person twice. Insta heals are whatever, PB are fine, move them to Ultra Rare tho. Keys just need to be made so that you can grab people out of hatch while they do it.

    Prayer beads has no counterplay if you don't have spine chill. And please don't say gen tapping because it's not a counterplay.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/733538#Comment_733538

    I would argue that a Survivor that consistently first-hooks themself after having done almost nothing is greifing their teammates and can probably be punished for it if they do it enough.

    Let's hope it will be punishable because it is going to be the new thing after they start punishing dcing.


  • @arslaN said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/734190#Comment_734190

    Going against omega blink, ebony mori, noed nurse is such a relaxing experience right?

    It's one of the very few intense things as a survivor, that doesnt mean is stressful.

    And saying that there are things as a survivor more stressful than for killers is simply not correct. The thing is, survivor gameplay is so easy that the very few times you are against a challenge is confused as broken.

    I would like you to compare a match where you play against omega blink nurse vs one you play as killer against a 4 swf team with instaheals and meta perks. Let's see what is more stressful.

  • @beatddb said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/734193#Comment_734193

    It's one of the very few intense things as a survivor, that doesnt mean is stressful.

    And saying that there are things as a survivor more stressful than for killers is simply not correct. The thing is, survivor gameplay is so easy that the very few times you are against a challenge is confused as broken.

    I would like you to compare a match where you play against omega blink nurse vs one you play as killer against a 4 swf team with instaheals and meta perks. Let's see what is more stressful.

    That swf match would depend on which killer I'm playing. If I'm playing nurse or spirit it wouldn't be that stressful.

    Survivor is usually stressful in solo matches because of how bad your teammates are. My teammates usually play like rank 20s. Going against nurse, spirit or billy is also stressful if they are good.

  • I don't care about ppl dcing. I play how I want to with whatever perks I choose to use. ######### at least I'm not a camping killer. I can't stand those types

  • @MegsAreEvil said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/733615#Comment_733615

    So PGTW would be as well OP, relying on the same logic, cause its the same 25% and it comes back several times. Double standards.

    I don't know if I'd call it OP, but it's definitely one of the best Killer perks in this meta.

    It makes garbage killers have better gen pressure/regression, but just boosts killers with high mobility/map presence through the roof.

1 2 3