Face Camping has no Counter

I'm sure everyone has experienced this by now. At least if you play survivor more than just for Dailies. You get caught and hooked quite early in the match, and the the killer just stands there. Doing nothing. Until the Entity just takes you away. At this point, there is literally nothing you can do to counter this. Sure, there are perks that make it much easier to get off the hook without help, but if the killer is just standing there, you aren't making it very far. Tunneling and Slugging at least have a perk that can allow you to punish the killer for focussing on you and ignoring everyone else.

I know what many people are thinking, as I've heard the arguments before, "But if the killer is camping, the other survivors can just gen rush to punish them." You know what? When I'm a survivor, and I only make 1000 bp cuz the killer just stands there, and through perks that encourage that particular tactic grant the killer over 20k without doing anything else, I really don't feel like playing a survivor any more. This makes it very difficult for new players to gain an interest in playing the game. And killers that do this have the gall to complain about DC's, too. Like, if I can't do anything, why would I stay for a lousy 200 bp so you can get 20k? That makes the game not worth my time.

In case anyone is wondering, I'm a killer main. I really only play survivor cuz Ash was added to the game.

No, for my suggested solution. And no, I'm not proposing a punishment for people who camp. There are too many perks that encourage it to suddenly punish people for doing so. No, I suggest a distraction blood point event for anyone that has been camped, by a factor affected by how long the killer stood close enough or just close enough to watch the hooked survivor. Or, as tunneling has been countered by Borrowed Time, or slugging has been countered by Unbreakable, add a perk to the game that gives hooked survivors something if they're being camped. Either increased BP, as that is this game's currency, or slow the timer while they're being camped, or increase the chances of them escaping if they're being camped. Something that helps the person being camped. So far, all I can think of is the upcoming perk from the Stranger Things DLC that pauses the timer if someone is close to you.

Comments

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/666122#Comment_666122

    U can't pump 5 gens in 2 minutes with 3 survivors lad. U can't even do that with 4 survivors and an afk killer

    4 Survivors and an afk Killer can get 5 gens done in 109 seconds without prove thyself. That's 11 seconds under 2 minutes.

    But even with just 3 Survivors you need to take into account the initial chase time. You aren't starting with 0 progress, you are starting with 30 seconds-ish of progress.

  • @DWolfAlpha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/664533#Comment_664533

    Do gens = people not on hook escape. Why would I not just DC or sacrifice myself to play a different match if I'm not going to get enough BP to progress the game. Less than 3k and a match isn't worth staying in.

    You're a problem

  • @justarandy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/666122#Comment_666122

    U can't pump 5 gens in 2 minutes with 3 survivors lad. U can't even do that with 4 survivors and an afk killer

    1 gen, solo, without toolkits or skillchecks, takes 80 seconds. That's 1 minute 20 seconds. That's 3 gens in 1:20 if one player is camped.

    So it takes about 2 minutes, 40 seconds to do 2 gens solo, without a toolkit or skillchecks. That's 6 gens in 2:40 with one player camped.

    Out of 5 needed.

  • If all 3 survivors confirmed the face camp. Which is even easier on comms with friends. Do the gens.


    The killer won't do anything to stop you. You do gens faster than the sacrifice will come. 3 survivors get out, killer gets punished at doesn't rank up, which will hopefully draw people away from face camping.


    However, seeing as I see somewhat skillful killers face camping, something leads me to believe. That survivors are rewarding the killer by trying to attempt a rescue either alone or poorly in a group and get destroyed, there for the killer thinks it works more often than it actually does.


    Long story short, do the gens. 3 survive. Killers get punished.


    Why is this so hard to grasp?

  • @Swiftblade131 said:

    If all 3 survivors confirmed the face camp. Which is even easier on comms with friends. Do the gens.

    The killer won't do anything to stop you. You do gens faster than the sacrifice will come. 3 survivors get out, killer gets punished at doesn't rank up, which will hopefully draw people away from face camping.

    However, seeing as I see somewhat skillful killers face camping, something leads me to believe. That survivors are rewarding the killer by trying to attempt a rescue either alone or poorly in a group and get destroyed, there for the killer thinks it works more often than it actually does.

    Long story short, do the gens. 3 survive. Killers get punished.

    Why is this so hard to grasp?

    The way that the game currently works, if I'm not playing with friends, and I'm being camped, I'm just going to die as fast as I can. It's not worth it for me to remain. I don't care if the other survivors get gens done because I'm wasting my time by staying in the match, because it's just not fun to sit there doing nothing for 2 whole minutes, not playing the game, for 500bp. That's 2 minutes I could be spending finding another match to play. This so called "punishment" is meaningless for the person on the hook. Now there are 3 survivors left, with the possibility of 5 gens remaining.

  • If you're on the hook and you're being camped then DC well... you're the problem in that scenario. Is camping fun? Of course not. Is it allowed? Undeniably. And when you play as a survivor then you're part of a team by your own choice, so if you have a killer camping you then play the team game and waste THEIR time so your team has a better chance of escaping.


    The killer is under no obligation to make your game fun to the expense of their objective. But if you want to limit camping killers then stay on hook because at some point they all learn the same thing; that camping is more often than not a damaging strategy for their objective.

  • Camping is a pretty crucial strategy at red ranks if you want to 3-4k every game and want to play m1 killers. First survivor you run into is good at looping and is next to a slew of safe pallets? Yeah, it's probably camp or lose.

    It's rarely worth it to camp someone for the full two minutes but going back to the hook to ensure they hit stage two or camp them from stage 2 to dead? Very worth it a lot of the time. Getting someone out of the game early is one of the best ways to win in the game.

  • Teabag. Clicky flashlight. Hook body block. = You're getting face camped.

  • @DWolfAlpha said:

    Doing gens actually counters literally nothing. It is a way for other survivors to utilize the killer's lack of attention. But if screw up early on, or a Meyers finds a sweet spot, or even a Ghost Face, and I'm on the hook in less than a minute, what's to stop me from just mashing RB till I die to leave the match? Like, at that point, I don't care about the other survivors because I'm no longer having fun. If 3 gens get done while I'm sitting there doing nothing with no chance at earning BP, I'm not gonna just stay there for the benefit of other survivors unless I'm playing SWF, which I never do.

    Tl;Dr: Doing gens is meaningless for the person on the hook. So why even remain in the game?

    Hmm. At some point in your argument are you going to make a case as to why another should save you? You've already declared that when you aren't having fun you suicide or leave the match. Somehow I don't think you want others to do that should they be the one who messed and were caught. Your post rings selfish and ironic. The irony being that you want someone else to save you, an unselfish act, while threatening or at least insinuating not doing so will end with you being selfish.

    Here is a solution. Get good and don't get caught. Then you won't get face camped. There is no entitlement to BP. You play skillfully and earn it or you do without. It's the same for killer and survivor.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/84763/face-camping-has-no-counter

    No counter? Do gens. That simple. If all 3 of you do a gen, then you can complete all 3 of them before that person died if they struggle. Nice try.

    From the Wiki

    1 Survivor1.0 c/s | 100 % 1.0 c/s 80 seconds

    Hooks have three different stages. Stages 1 and 2 each have a duration of 60 seconds

    So, a face camp is 120 seconds.

    1 gen is 120 seconds. All 3 of you do a gen. Bam, all 3 are done for one person. That's over half the needed 5.

    Yes. Simple.


    In THEORY.


    Unexperienced survivors won't stick to your maths mate. They'll try to save. Add to the equation a ruin and a Noed, you got a perfect build for a newbie killer that feels like his "strategy" is working.


    Camping has always been a problem and can screw a squad of solos doing bad decision making.


    Camping has counter play. Only if you're facing SWF or experienced survivors. Otherwise, camping has NO counter.

  • Good suggestions, guys. Next time I get facecamped, I'll just gen rush. Oh, wait...

  • I'm done commenting on "Ban camping" threads. It just boils down to "REEEEEEE" on both sides and I'm not gonna bother. Yall don't wanna listen and just wanna #########. So go for it. Devs arn't gonna change it cause they'd have to change literally the whole game or there "Fix" gets abused. Get over it, or play a different game.

  • @Tucking_Friggered said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/664525#Comment_664525

    Hmm. At some point in your argument are you going to make a case as to why another should save you? You've already declared that when you aren't having fun you suicide or leave the match. Somehow I don't think you want others to do that should they be the one who messed and were caught. Your post rings selfish and ironic. The irony being that you want someone else to save you, an unselfish act, while threatening or at least insinuating not doing so will end with you being selfish.

    Here is a solution. Get good and don't get caught. Then you won't get face camped. There is no entitlement to BP. You play skillfully and earn it or you do without. It's the same for killer and survivor.

    What are you talking about? No, I don't want the other survivors to come save me when I'm being camped. That's suicide. I specifically suggested a distraction bp event for ppl that get camped. I mean, at that point, the killer is getting bp for standing there doing nothing. The survivor should get something for literally not being able to do anything for a solid 2 whole minutes.

  • @UlvenDagoth said:

    I'm done commenting on "Ban camping" threads. It just boils down to "REEEEEEE" on both sides and I'm not gonna bother. Yall don't wanna listen and just wanna #########. So go for it. Devs arn't gonna change it cause they'd have to change literally the whole game or there "Fix" gets abused. Get over it, or play a different game.

    This isn't a "ban camping" thread. It's a "give the camped survivor an incentive to stay" thread.

  • @ScoopsAhoy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/84763/face-camping-has-no-counter

    Just do gens. A philosophy that survivors don't develop is "Possibly go into struggle, we have BT and your decisive and adrenaline, you'll get out!" By then 5 gens will have been popped and game is saved and over. The counter is gen-rushing.

    I'm really tired of ppl suggesting gen rushing. It's not a solution. Especially for new players.

  • When your team don't know about "genrush" vs facecamper its always gg.

    And btw, almost all "russian" killers facecamp at 10-15 rank, even with 1k hour ingame.

  • Run deliverance , ds, and adrenaline. Jump off the hook , d strike and run the killer until adrenaline pops

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    How many perks encourage camping exactly?

    I can only think of 2. Insidious and dying light.

    The counter is indeed to rush gens. I play 50/50 and I rarely ever see a face camper.

    And if someone indeeds just face camps whoever they get, they get ######### for points

    Even then, Dying light is faster if you tunnel than camp.

    I never see campers, but then I'm not trapped in rank 20-16.

  • @Raven014 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/664507#Comment_664507

    Even then, Dying light is faster if you tunnel than camp.

    I never see campers, but then I'm not trapped in rank 20-16.

    I see campers at ranks 10-14

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    How many perks encourage camping exactly?

    I can only think of 2. Insidious and dying light.

    The counter is indeed to rush gens. I play 50/50 and I rarely ever see a face camper.

    And if someone indeeds just face camps whoever they get, they get ######### for points

    Dying light doesn’t even encourage camping anymore it’s how many people you get hooked now that’s or the obsession and if your obsession quits or is killed you lose the perk

  • @DWolfAlpha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/664530#Comment_664530

    The devs have already stated that it is ok to camp. Insidious actively promotes the action. I'm not saying to do things that get rid of it being used. I'm saying that it would be great if the devs added something so that the person being camped didn't feel like the match was a waste of time. Because if it's a waste of time, you might as well just play a different game.

    As a killer main, I avoid tunneling, slugging, and camping, but only one of those has no effective way of countering. If you time it right, borrowed time is meaningless, as you can just catch the person doing the unhook action. Adrenaline does nothing if you're already on the hook. Kindred lets people know they should ignore you if you're being camped. Other people doing gens does nothing for you. You might as well just leave the game, screwing over the survivors trying to utilize the fact that killer is busy by making it so they aren't busy. And since survivors will already DC for any conceivable reason, you really shouldn't give them one up front.

    Your statement about adrenaline is wrong if you’re dead on hook it can’t help you but if you get rescued off hook after your adrenaline you’re full health and get a sprint burst

  • Camping is lame. It's a real failure on the part of BHVR that nothing has been done about it in all this time. The worst part is that it limits game design that would benefit killers. A lot of killers complain about gen rush, but gens can't be made longer and secondary objectives can't be added, because it would increase the efficiency of camping.

    Sad to see so many veteran killers defend it. Folks say good killers don't do it, but you see a lot of strongly killer-biased people defend it vehemently. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • I just went against Insidious Bubba today... but even then I still escaped. So you're not wrong...

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    How many perks encourage camping exactly?

    I can only think of 2. Insidious and dying light.

    The counter is indeed to rush gens. I play 50/50 and I rarely ever see a face camper.

    And if someone indeeds just face camps whoever they get, they get ######### for points

    Dying light got reworked.. it doesn't encourage camping now

  • @silverwolf4455 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/664507#Comment_664507

    Dying light got reworked.. it doesn't encourage camping now

    Did you not look at the date of the comment?

  • @DWolfAlpha said:

    Doing gens is only a counter for those not being camped. I mean specifically for the person doing gens. Something that encourages the person being camped to not sacrifice themself or DC. And there is nothing for that ATM.

    Its sucks that you don't really get to play, but if the Killer is wasting time facecamping you then you should feel GOOD about it. Why? Because the Killer is wasting time, they are making no Bloodpoints and they are playing poorly. Focus more on the fact that if your team is doing Gens that they will most likely get out and the facecamp killer is only going to get one kill and nothing else.

    You'll also get to start your next match quicker.

    "For those of you mentioning depipping. No, that's not an incentive. I once mentioned that to someone before for camping. They still made over 50k without an offering. It's clearly meaningless to killers that are going to do it."

    So, a couple of things:

    1. 50k without offerings is IMPOSSIBLE.
    2. 50k while camping is also impossible, unless everyone else used BPS but even then I can't imagine them facecamping and then still making even nearly that.
    3. You have a very, very loose definition of camping. If a killer is making 15k more than the next highest player then they were doing a lot more than camping. But ok, sure. I totally believe you don't worry.
  • Simple! facecamp does not summon the entity, then it ends this killer clown , the entity wants a hunt and not an idiot standing in front of you staring at you like a statue with a chainsaw for example.

  • Not really didn't expect it to be that old.

  • @DWolfAlpha said:

    I'm sure everyone has experienced this by now. At least if you play survivor more than just for Dailies. You get caught and hooked quite early in the match, and the the killer just stands there. Doing nothing. Until the Entity just takes you away. At this point, there is literally nothing you can do to counter this. Sure, there are perks that make it much easier to get off the hook without help, but if the killer is just standing there, you aren't making it very far. Tunneling and Slugging at least have a perk that can allow you to punish the killer for focussing on you and ignoring everyone else.

    I know what many people are thinking, as I've heard the arguments before, "But if the killer is camping, the other survivors can just gen rush to punish them." You know what? When I'm a survivor, and I only make 1000 bp cuz the killer just stands there, and through perks that encourage that particular tactic grant the killer over 20k without doing anything else, I really don't feel like playing a survivor any more. This makes it very difficult for new players to gain an interest in playing the game. And killers that do this have the gall to complain about DC's, too. Like, if I can't do anything, why would I stay for a lousy 200 bp so you can get 20k? That makes the game not worth my time.

    In case anyone is wondering, I'm a killer main. I really only play survivor cuz Ash was added to the game.

    No, for my suggested solution. And no, I'm not proposing a punishment for people who camp. There are too many perks that encourage it to suddenly punish people for doing so. No, I suggest a distraction blood point event for anyone that has been camped, by a factor affected by how long the killer stood close enough or just close enough to watch the hooked survivor. Or, as tunneling has been countered by Borrowed Time, or slugging has been countered by Unbreakable, add a perk to the game that gives hooked survivors something if they're being camped. Either increased BP, as that is this game's currency, or slow the timer while they're being camped, or increase the chances of them escaping if they're being camped. Something that helps the person being camped. So far, all I can think of is the upcoming perk from the Stranger Things DLC that pauses the timer if someone is close to you.

    There is a slight counter they made when you get off a hook you have a few seconds of a invincibility frames so they can't just immediately down you but they're still can get around that so it's not really much of a counter there is one perk I think it's while you're close to them it stops the struggle timer but only for a few seconds .

  • “Just do gens” isn’t a counter, it’s a punishment and there IS a difference.

  • It does suck when the killer facecamps. Yes, the other survivors can do gens and punish that killer but there's literally nothing that person can do if the killer decides to take them out of the game that way. I wish it happened less but it's pretty common. There's no good solution.

  • I have mix feelings about this, if i get facecamped, i rather not punish my teammates by suicide but then again i rather not give the killer the extra 2 hook points, something needed to be done to deter camping, either give no hook points if consecutive hooking within a time period(same survivor) that way you can't fault the killer for hooking you since your teammate could not get you up, and camaraderie should be reworked to make the struggling timer pause when a killer is within terror radius that would be more beneficial

  • deliverance, DS, DH -- anti camp build

  • Do gens or coordinate a two player rescue. The only way facecamping is uncounterable is if the killer has full stbfl or 1-shot downs.

  • @DWolfAlpha said:

    I'm sure everyone has experienced this by now. At least if you play survivor more than just for Dailies. You get caught and hooked quite early in the match, and the the killer just stands there. Doing nothing. Until the Entity just takes you away. At this point, there is literally nothing you can do to counter this. Sure, there are perks that make it much easier to get off the hook without help, but if the killer is just standing there, you aren't making it very far. Tunneling and Slugging at least have a perk that can allow you to punish the killer for focussing on you and ignoring everyone else.

    I know what many people are thinking, as I've heard the arguments before, "But if the killer is camping, the other survivors can just gen rush to punish them." You know what? When I'm a survivor, and I only make 1000 bp cuz the killer just stands there, and through perks that encourage that particular tactic grant the killer over 20k without doing anything else, I really don't feel like playing a survivor any more. This makes it very difficult for new players to gain an interest in playing the game. And killers that do this have the gall to complain about DC's, too. Like, if I can't do anything, why would I stay for a lousy 200 bp so you can get 20k? That makes the game not worth my time.

    In case anyone is wondering, I'm a killer main. I really only play survivor cuz Ash was added to the game.

    No, for my suggested solution. And no, I'm not proposing a punishment for people who camp. There are too many perks that encourage it to suddenly punish people for doing so. No, I suggest a distraction blood point event for anyone that has been camped, by a factor affected by how long the killer stood close enough or just close enough to watch the hooked survivor. Or, as tunneling has been countered by Borrowed Time, or slugging has been countered by Unbreakable, add a perk to the game that gives hooked survivors something if they're being camped. Either increased BP, as that is this game's currency, or slow the timer while they're being camped, or increase the chances of them escaping if they're being camped. Something that helps the person being camped. So far, all I can think of is the upcoming perk from the Stranger Things DLC that pauses the timer if someone is close to you.

    Killers do actually already lose points if they stay close to the hook when no other survivor is near, though it doesn’t do a very good job of letting them know; just like it doesn’t do a good job of telling survivors they lose more points than they gain if they unhook and they go down before getting the ‘safe unhook’ score event.

    I would totally support a score event being added for the survivor on the hook being a ‘distraction’.

    I would also love to see a ‘mercy’ score event added for killers to encourage them to leave an unhooked survivor unless they feel it’s necessary.

  • @EldritchElise87 said:

    A smart team with borrowed time/good timing of adrenaline can play around camping easily.

    I agree you even have 1 person with BT on that normal enough. If it's not then do gens it's the killer that will end up with low points if not a de pip.

  • Everyone is going to say do gens but at the beginning of the game we all know that its good to attempt to save the survivor to give the whole team a chance to do better. The less people there, the easier time the killer has. It's no secret which is why some killers face camp in the first place.


    Anyway, it's not so much a counter as a tactic and it really only works with survivors that work well together, usually an SWF is needed but what you do is have one survivor go up and pretend to get the hooked person off, they take the hit and run off, and another uninjured survivor who was right there waiting grabs the hooked person and frees them (hopefully they have BT because the killer will probably just tunnel).


    This has worked for me a few times.

  • @Jago said:

    To all the people having this "do gens" lightsaber, and everyone approving this : you don't get it.

    People of this forum are "special players", not the majority. A lot of people play without watching streamers or guide and quite don't understand this game.

    Telling them to "do gens" bring nothing as a solution for camping. I see you coming. "Camping is legit, BHvr allow that"....

    Its not. Not legit. Not a strat. Only a new player move. And survivors as new players aswell dont know how to react, they only want to save their friend. Logical. Aswell for the killer that want to protect his meat and want it to die.

    On both sides, camping is not correct. Bhvr is just lazy to bring something about this indirect problem in the game.

    Yes this is a problem. Look at your queues and matchmaking. Stranger things wont have a lot of new sustained playerbase.

    Tbf, it's a thing new players do for sure, but also red rank killers love doing it too.

1 2 3 ›