Are we banning for gen control doc builds now?

Just a question. Was watching a streamer. I won't mention their name but they are in the top 5 of DBD content creators on Twitch and they are a fog whisperer. They were on "the game" map, which the killer put an offering for. It was your classic d-bag Doc build, overcharge, unnerving, all of it. He 3-gen'd them and wouldn't let them repair gens. Now here's the kicker - he also wouldn't chase or down anyone. He just kept walking around in treatment mode and kicking gens. It went on for over 30 minutes.

I suppose this is considered taking the game hostage, yeah?

Anyway, they apparently got in contact with someone from BHVR who told her she could disconnect and to submit an in game report and he'd be dealt with. They did this live.

What do you guys think?

Comments

  • Okay after watching the clip I was in the wrong, the survivors is at fault on refusing to do do anything

    The Devs should not be banning this player

    The guy is hooking and downing survivors, thats not hostage

  • @Someissues said:

    Okay after watching the clip I was in the wrong, the survivors is at fault on refusing to do do anything

    The Devs should not be banning this player

    Does the clip show the full nearly 40 minutes of this going on? Far as I know there's a max length to how long a clip can be.

  • I love how it was fine for Survivors to hide for 40 minutes, or infinite-loop.

    But a Killer actually plays his objective of stopping Gens and suddenly it's 'He should HAVE to chase us! He should HAVE to let the other survivors work on gens, and he should HAVE to accept chase-bait or he should be banned!'

    smh

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521780#Comment_521780

    This. Most reports (streamer or not) are immediately followed by the person telling the guy they reported, "Enjoy your ban" or "reported". It means nothing.

    Well, this attitude to bad conduct certainly explains the... 'quality' of some of the more popular fog whisperers.

  • @ABannedCat said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521734#Comment_521734

    If Doc just keep shocking you, preventing you from working on one gen, your other survivors are free to work on the other generators. So I dont know what you are trying to say here.

    SMH, if he has Iri King and Distressing, you will all be in Madness 3 the whole time. If he shocks you into Madness 3 he can leave you for 20s and shock someone else. It's just a revolving door of being in Madness 3.

    Again, it's clear you never actually had to play against someone doing this EXPLICITLY to keep the gens from being done. If you did you would see why you can't "just repair the gens".

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521763#Comment_521763

    SMH, if he has Iri King and Distressing, you will all be in Madness 3 the whole time. If he shocks you into Madness 3 he can leave you for 20s and shock someone else. It's just a revolving door of being in Madness 3.

    Again, it's clear you never actually had to play against someone doing this EXPLICITLY to keep the gens from being done. If you did you would see what you can't "just repair the gens".

    So give up and report him.


  • @Eguzky said:

    I love how it was fine for Survivors to hide for 40 minutes, or infinite-loop.

    But a Killer actually plays his objective of stopping Gens and suddenly it's 'He should HAVE to chase us! He should HAVE to let the other survivors work on gens, and he should HAVE to accept chase-bait or he should be banned!'

    smh

    Please tell me when it was "fine" for survivors to hide for 40 minutes? That was always something that was bannable, and it was something killers complained about non-stop for 2 years.

    I swear the people on this forum...

  • Oh god... I clicked the link and I've already saw who it is. Yikes.

  • This doesn't clear anything up for me. Is this considered a hostage situation and bannable or not?

    Am i risking my account being banned?

  • I clicked the link and died 😂😂.

  • @CronaWins

    This post is about Streamers and / or Fog Whispers using their contacts in BHVR to circumvent the reporting process when we've been told everyone is treated the same and expected to follow the same rules.

    Even though the BHVR employee told the streamer to use the proper channels, it was the act of trying it in the first place thinking they are above everyone else.

    If they were properly informed that they are expect to follow the same procedures as everyone else, that would not have happened.

    Peanits cleared it up publicly so at least now people have a reference and reassurance they will be treated fairly should another Streamer or Fog Whisper try to get them banned.

  • TLDR - the Doc in question is a bad player, and is super tryharding at trying to win the game

    Also, since people like Jen abuses MLGA and even admits it on Stream, and with BHVR seems to be defending them, I will just assume MLGA is allowed on DBD

    Despite mods and such saying its not supported etc and not recommend anyone to use it

  • @Peanits

    Something that has always bugged me about the Fog Whisperer's program is that some of them behave really really badly on stream. Are there any standards they have to live up to in order to continue being Fog Whisperers?

  • Dont mention HER name on forums. Or any streamer. Naming shaming will get ya.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    Dont mention HER name on forums. Or any streamer. Naming shaming will get ya.


  • You might want to change the thread's name because naming that person might count toward "Naming and shaming".

    In any case you are right, they shouldn't listen to said person, ESPECIALLY with how toxic her attitude is towards killer players, ESPECIALLY when said person was fine with lowering her rank to face baby killers and bully them.

    EDIT: NVM you changed the name already.

  • @rina said:

    You guys are really a bunch of crybabies.

    Didn't she herself cried about it and tried to get innocent person banned?

  • @Plu said:

    You might get want to change the thread's name because naming that person might count toward "Naming and shaming".

    In any case you are right, they shouldn't listen to said person, ESPECIALLY with how toxic her attitude is towards killer players, ESPECIALLY when said person was fine with lowering her rank to face baby killers and bully them.

    EDIT: NVM you changed the name already, it's fine.

    It was actually merged into another thread because we somehow ended up with three threads about the same time, but you are right. Streamer or not, we don't allow naming and shaming.

  • the number of people who do not understand why these people cannot just "do gens" in this thread is staggering

    this thread has just turned into a landfill where people can dump all their vitriol towards this particular person too, so it should probably be closed

  • something something karma...

  • @miaasma said:

    the number of people who do not understand why these people cannot just "do gens" in this thread is staggering

    this thread has just turned into a landfill where morons can dump all their vitriol towards this particular person too, so it should probably be closed

    And yet you call people morons.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521865#Comment_521865

    It was actually merged into another thread because we somehow ended up with three threads about the same time, but you are right. Streamer or not, we don't allow naming and shaming.

    @Peanits Naming and Shaming or not, the streamer in question is behaving VERY badly and have a track record of doing so.

    Is this really the type of person you'd want to have showing off the game to the masses on Twitch? All she's doing is promoting bad behavior and you're basically patting her on the back, telling them "Good Job!"

  • Imagine blaming a player for using a killer's power to his advantage.

  • Imagine if the program came out earlier, would the person on youtube who makes all the montages be a Fog Whisperer? I don't think so and I would certainly hope not, but it's really weird tuning into some of these streams and seeing how some of the people who represent BHVR act while actively representing BHVR on their streams.

  • That is your opinion. And you can make one without calling people names because no one will take you seriously if you do.

  • @Peanits You guys should really look into Fog Whisperers causing drama like this.

    This isn't a good look its making bhvr look bad and its making the FW program look like a mistake.

    It's supposed to be a positive/exciting thing but some negative people are representing.

  • I'm not even thinking about the person y'all are talking about btw. Never watched their stream. I'm thinking about other Fog Whisperers. Want to make sure I actively avoid jumping on the bandwagon here.

  • Is this a perspective thing? In other words, did it seem like he would not chase or down, or did he actually have clean shots he did not take?

    I ask because I've had 3 gen situations where 1 survivor will try to get me to chase and loop, but I was not going to fall for it. I kept clearing gens until they made a mistake and could down one without running across the map like a fool. I had a tactical advantage and was not going to toss it away foolishly.

  • @BBQnDemogorgon said:

    @Peanits You guys should really look into Fog Whisperers causing drama like this.

    This isn't a good look its making bhvr look bad and its making the FW program look like a mistake.

    We do, although in this case there is no drama. Somebody had a bad experience in the game and reported the other player. That's all that happened. We are not going to ask the Fog Whisperers to have no emotions, that's not reasonable and that's also not something we want.

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    Is this a perspective thing? In other words, did it seem like he would not chase or down, or did he actually have clean shots he did not take?

    I ask because I've had 3 gen situations where 1 survivor will try to get me to chase and loop, but I was not going to fall for it. I kept clearing gens until they made a mistake and could down one without running across the map like a fool. I had a tactical advantage and was not going to toss it away foolishly.

    It seems to be a game where the survivors refused to commit and the killer refused to let them just have a gen.

  • @Warlock_2020 said:

    Is this a perspective thing? In other words, did it seem like he would not chase or down, or did he actually have clean shots he did not take?

    I ask because I've had 3 gen situations where 1 survivor will try to get me to chase and loop, but I was not going to fall for it. I kept clearing gens until they made a mistake and could down one without running across the map like a fool. I had a tactical advantage and was not going to toss it away foolishly.

    Why even play if people can get banned for trying to win? I am not sure about rules at all anymore, what is allowed and what is not.

  • @Judith said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521893#Comment_521893

    That is your opinion. And you can make one without calling people names because no one will take you seriously.

    If you get offended by someone calling you an "idiot," then you should probably grow a pair.

    You're correct that it is my opinion, I'm still allowed to make one if I put a single term (one that isn't as severe as others are) that offends someone. Saying a argument is irrelevant or one that isn't taken seriously just because of someone saying that small non-severe term is foolish.

  • Did she just disconnected due reporting the player for playing strategy? LMAO

  • @Detective_Jonathan said:

    So glad to see people starting to realize the truth about the streamers in the community, they aren’t good people, and it’s a matter of time before something happens and something needs to be done.

    As someone who was harassed constantly by this group. Thank you.

    Yet, you really wonder why you get the negative reception you currently have in the community (clearly not from the forums).

    "They aren't good people." LMAO, right. Then you go on to say you were harassed by them, when in reality you do the exact same thing in-game and on other social media. You are ascended.

    EDIT: Downvote me bois, downvote the truth.

  • @Tsulan said:

    A few months ago we had a survivor streamer with a full SWF squad playing against a doctor.

    Doctor played 3 gen strat and they called it taking the game hostage.

    Match took 1 hour, during which the killer didn't fail for bait. He didn't let himself drag away but tried to down and hook survivors.

    Those survivors held the game as much hostage as the killer did. No one wanted to give in.

    In the end, the killer let them do the gens, to end this. But the survivors wouldn't leave. They stayed another 10 minutes at the exit.

    Do you have the VOD link? I'm really curious lol

  • @Detective_Jonathan said:

    So glad to see people starting to realize the truth about the streamers in the community, they aren’t good people, and it’s a matter of time before something happens and something needs to be done.

    As someone who was harassed constantly by this group. Thank you.

    This is unfair. If we look at the Fog Whisperer membership here:

    Back in September, we launched a pilot for a new program called: “The Fog Whisperers”.

    (it's been updated with new names in March)

    there are a whole lot of very wholesome streamers who I am proud to have represent the game. Paulie Esther, Gar Bluemoon, HybridPanda, etc. are proof that there are very nice streamers out there who more than deserve to be allowed to represent DBD as Fog Whisperers. Looking over the entire list, there are only 3 names on the entire thing that cause me concern as for why they got onto the list; and even then 1 is borderline enough that I wouldn't actively bring them up when giving examples of bad streamers. A whole lot of the people in the program are good streamers, and it's completely unfair to lump them all in as one group.

  • Guys, remember if you keep insulting each other, developers will close the thread. They have done that before, and will do it again. Please keep it constructive.

  • @ABannedCat said:

    Guys, remember if you keep insulting each other, developers will close the thread. They have done that before, and will do it again. Please keep it constructive.

    They should close the thread at this point and open up a different one explicitly for only talking about whether or not the Doctor should be able to stall games in the current fashion. We have probably received as much feedback from the other thing as they can give right now, and to be honest the thread is probably beyond the point of no return as far as getting back on topic.

  • @ABannedCat said:

    Guys, remember if you keep insulting each other, developers will close the thread. They have done that before, and will do it again. Please keep it constructive.

    Honestly, just close it already. I've already lost half of my braincells.

  • @HorsePower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521939#Comment_521939

    Yet, you really wonder why you get the negative reception you currently have in the community (clearly not from the forums).

    "They aren't good people." LMAO, right. Then you go on to say you were harassed by them, when in reality you do the exact same thing in-game and on other social media. You are ascended.

    @Redd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521939#Comment_521939

    This is unfair. If we look at the Fog Whisperer membership here:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/49385/fog-whisperers-program-launch/p1?new=1

    (it's been updated with new names in March)

    there are a whole lot of very wholesome streamers who I am proud to have represent the game. Paulie Esther, Gar Bluemoon, HybridPanda, etc. are proof that there are very nice streamers out there who more than deserve to be allowed to represent DBD as Fog Whisperers. Looking over the entire list, there are only 3 names on the entire thing that cause me concern as for why they got onto the list; and even then 1 is borderline enough that I wouldn't actively bring them up when giving examples of bad streamers. A whole lot of the people in the program are good streamers, and it's completely unfair to lump them all in as one group.

    Every clip on my Twitter is them harassing me. And don’t forget I still have your comment on my profile. @HorsePower

    you’re right @Redd some of them are good. But it’s not enough to change my mind

  • While I'm giving shoutouts to people for being wholesome and very nice (this isn't naming and shaming as long as I really mean it and I'm saying good things right?); Ohmwrecker deserves a shoutout for being both. Feel bad leaving that one out of my examples lol.

  • @Detective_Jonathan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521954#Comment_521954

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521956#Comment_521956

    Every clip on my Twitter is them harassing me. And don’t forget I still have your comment on my profile. @HorsePower

    you’re right @Redd some of them are good. But it’s not enough to change my mind

    Why do you still mention of my comment on your profile? The comment is already irrelevant at this point. I've already had countless cases of you dcing in people's games (including mine). You also spew your hatred on other people's profiles when they DC in your game, but the thing is, you literally do the exact same thing.

    You don't even bring up the full story of those people "harassing" you. Like I said before, why do you think you are getting the hate? You're the main issue anyways and your awful attitude in-game is also another good reason.

  • @HorsePower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521958#Comment_521958

    Honestly, just close it already. I've already lost half of my braincells.

    So tempting, but way too easy.

  • Now I'm too scared to say anything in this post. I saw Tru3talent experiencing the same exact thing (Doctor, The Game, Gen crushing perks) and he still managed to get through and escape. And no complaints from him.

  • What some people fail to realize is that it's not the Killer's job to LET the Survivors win.

    The Killer does not have to chase a Survivor across the map and let the other 1-3 complete Gens just because they are so close together.

    Be a smart Survivor; plan ahead, find the Gens, and don't complete them in such a way that you get screwed.

    Oh, and stop whining when your win ain't handed to you on a silver platter just because the Killer was being 'not fair'.

  • @Detective_Jonathan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521971#Comment_521971

    My attitude towards you and your circus of 🤡 stems from when one particular streamer put my profile on blast simply because I called her opinion on Deranking stupid.

    Im gonna wait until I get to a computer because typing on mobile is a pain. @HorsePower

    Edit: I will say this though, when I contacted said streamer to talk things out, I was ignored, thus beginning my investigation to bring their true nature to light.

    You probably would enjoy deranking considering the amount of times you've dced from games. When people DC from your killer game, it's the apocalypse to you and you want people to suck you off.

    Example: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/388714

    (I had a thread of people dcing against you as huntress, but it seems to be gone)

    But when you DC as a survivor, it's not even mentioned and there isn't a problem. Like I said, I've had many times of you dcing from survivor games. Genuine confusion.

    So you think your terrible attitude toward streamers is because you think your opinions against someone else's was considered stupid? Your attitude, regardless of the aforementioned opinion, is so negative towards many people.

    Survivors dcing from your game: "Wow, look at these babies dcing from my game because of this build and killer I played. Gonna make a reddit/forum post about this"

    You as a survivor dcing: "Yeah, I ACKCHYUALLY have a 100% valid reason for that unlike the other survivors"

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521753#Comment_521753

    "JUST SNAP OUT OF IT AND REPAIR"

    You realize this isn't an option? You take 20s to snap out, attempt to repair and get put right back into Madness 3.

    It's obvious the people defending this have never actually played against it.

    Snapping out of it only takes 12 seconds, not 20. Try to avoid hyperbolic exaggeration, as fun as it might be.

  • @HorsePower said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/521977#Comment_521977

    You probably would enjoy deranking considering the amount of times you've dced from games. When people DC from your killer game, it's the apocalypse to you and you want people to suck you off.

    Example: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/388714

    (I had a thread of people dcing against you as huntress, but it seems to be gone)

    But when you DC as a survivor, it's not even mentioned and there isn't a problem. Like I said, I've had many times of you dcing from survivor games. Genuine confusion.

    So you think your terrible attitude toward streamers is because you think your opinions against someone else's was considered stupid? Your attitude, regardless of the aforementioned opinion, is so negative towards many people.

    Survivors dcing from your game: "Wow, look at these babies dcing from my game because of this build and killer I played. Gonna make a reddit/forum post about this"

    You as a survivor dcing: "Yeah, I ACKCHYUALLY have a 100% valid reason for that unlike the other survivors"

    That screenshot was showcasing the salt that that player spewed at me, nothing to do with dc’es.

    I posted it simply for the 😂

1 2 3 4