Why I quit dbd (My Feedback)
So first off i want to start off by saying this is feedback for the devs so please avoid commenting stuff like "No one cares that you are leaving dbd" that;s not the point of this post its to give the devs feedback from my time within the game with my 1400 hours. Also i will be avoiding adding legion i'm sure even the devs understand he was a mistake.
Okay starting it off we are gonna dive into some known things that you guys have done that in my honest opinion have really hurt the state of your game and made it just not enjoyable.
1.) Added in Auto Aim Assist
This without a shadow of a doubt was one of the worst things you guys did it removed all skill from a killer using m1 and nerfed something that was only good on bad players to begin with.
2.) Buffed Hillbilly's Hitbox
As a billy main this bothered me mostly because it DIDNT solve the issue at all which was false hits instead it lead to billy a very good killer becoming even stronger i just didnt agree with this buff my opinion.
3.) The Amount of bugs and the time it takes to even get addressed
Im sure everyone has had the fair share of bugs in this game but the time it takes you guys to even ADDRESS them is a issue and seriously should be worked on more im sure everyone here would agree id rather have a better working game than cosmetics and a new killer.
4.) Hitboxes
make legit no sense anymore you can get hits that just dont add up and its not just ping based a lot of it is just the hit detection being so terrible
5.) Rank
it means nothing you get no reward for being a high rank nor is there really any reason to rank up because you just get sweaty players and longer lobbies.
6) Rank rest
Should have never became a thing in this game all it does it mess up matchmaking and just gives people a reason to bully lower ranks more.
7.) Hotfixes never happen
One thing i have seen is you guys never hotfix things anymore and again it goes back into the bugs section it adds up over time and creates even MORE unfun.
8.) One Sided Buffs
The whole idea of nerfing and nerfing and nerfing one side will not solve the issue in this game its just making things worse imbalance will always exist because of how the core is designed.
9.) Meta Enforcement
Ive noticed there is a lack of meta enforcement the devs claim they want new metas to start but avoid nerfing meta things for both sides and buffing non meta things to shift the metas more.
10.) No Communication
This is a big thing that drove me away was the lack of communication with this latest update the community gave you the feedback and im sure a lot said this patch had to many flaws and yet our feedback did nothing whats the point of a ptb if you will just ignore what we are telling you.
At the end of the day Dead by Daylight will always have a place in my heart but for now i think its time i explore more games i do hope the devs take this feedback and understand in no way shape or form am i trying to be rude im giving honest feedback about the little things that for me just got me to a breaking point with this game.
I do hope this game gets back on track soon with that being said thank you all for your time have a great day much love MxnsterLIVE signing out <3
Comments
Low tier troll :/
@Sinner What does post count have to do with anything?
Also, your post just caused me to cringe slightly. You're acting like Killer Mains are the only ones who make outlandish cries for 'balance'.
I swear I can't stand people like you.
"X posts? Lol."
"Xetc posts? Lol."
I am sorry but your feedback is not very accurate. Mostly because the forums are dominated by forum killers. They're very loud and active, they spend more time on the forums than in-game because they're not very good and want the game changed in their favor. Every post that is even remotely survivor sided they bombard it with troll replies and all sort of crap. They have thousands of post, it's very easy to spot them.
His feedback was pretty accurate. The forums, as far as I've seen, are filled with entitled killer AND survivor mains. Both sides are loud and active, and I would imagine they spend so much time here cause the game is a lobby simulator right now. The same could be said for survivors, it would be a back and forth that goes nowhere. Survivor mains also have thousands of posts. Your point?
That's why the game is so killer sided now and every game a survivor DCs or suicides on the hook, because you received the wrong feedback. Feedback from rank 15 killers that can't evolve and want to be rank 1 like their false prophet tru3talent.
The game is neither sided. That is all in your head, and people like you make the game worse by making it a 'us versus them' thing, certain, not all, survivors may dc because they merely don't want to adapt to a killer because of a hive mind, not of their own beliefs. Not all killers follow tru's words. Stop giving the, what is it? Strawman? Whatever, do not assume that all killers are rank 15. I bet you're also the kind of person who says rank doesn't matter when someone points out they are rank 1.
I know it sounds harsh, but it's the truth and if you don't see it now, you will see it at some point, hopefully it won't be too late because you created a really beautiful game and I'd hate to see it go.
It is not harsh, it is stupid. Anyone with half a brain can see you are wrong, but not for reasons you may think I am thinking. Have a good day sir/ma'am.
TL;DR
Post count means nothing. The forums are not just filled with killer mains, everyone is vocal depending on how strong their alignment is for one side. You make the game worse with that mentality you have, the 'us vs them'. You are wrong for reasons that you cannot/will not see.
So every protester is a troll for you? If killers did something then maybe the state of this game wouldn't be as ######### as it is, right now.
I'm only calling you a troll because you have the audacity to say the developers dont care about balance.
Even IF they cared, they do not put their foot down and balance the game regardless of what survivors/killers say. This is why I like blizzard, they will do what they want, customers have no clue most of the time anyways. The game needs a complete overhaul if they want to attract more consumers, they need to make it way more casual and nerf the ######### out of billy/nurse and reintroduce way more pallets while nerfing the ######### out of loops. The game would by most be viewed as a casual experience that you can have maybe 1-2 hours/day every 2-3 times a week at most, yet you have idiotic skill gaps in this game that casuals will never bridge. On the other hand the game is so simple that there's no attraction towards esports. The general direction of this game is a mess currently and they finally need to put a foot down and go into a direction even if it'll cost them a few customers in the short run.
Holy ######### you're a shill if I've ever seen one. Are you kidding me?? BLIZZARD? The same company that released diablo mobile instead of diablo 4?
You only proved that guys point btw.
If you that much trouble I think it's a YOU problem.
Wow they make 1 mobile game, have you looked at bhvr's shovelware?
maybe let kyf out of the ptb (lock it) so more players will be playing actual real gameplay and more bugs can be noticed cuz we all know that kyf has different and more bugs than the actual "competitive" game. So that's how you will get better and more relevant feedback, cuz rn on ptb there's almoust no players, cuz they all play kyf where you cannot find most of the bugs that are then on release in actual games.
It blows my mind, @Janick, that so much new content has come out, and Freddy is still chilling in the dumpster.
Add to this the recent Ash announcement, and I'm seriously concerned that the Freddy rework is a myth.
.........................
don't even bother with this guy, he wants attention and wants to seem special cuz he has 1400 hours in the game so he knows better than everyone else and is the master of all things dbd, i am shocked a dev actually responded but now that they did his ego is gonna be even larger.....someone get him his 1400 hour cookie for god's sake. i actually agree with some of what he said but his arrogance turned me away from caring.
Nowhere did I say I have 1400 hours I got 800, most of these are not spent playing.
I've been playing much much less lately. Maybe 5 hours a week now. Which might be normal for some of you.
Been really hammering the Division. (1st game)
I believe @DwikeyMain84 was referring to the op. @MhhBurgers
i was talking about the OP i was taking up for you saying don't even bother arguing with him he is entitled and feeds on attention and seems arrogant and seems to have a huge ego....he needs HIS 1400 hour cookie and needs to just move on if he really has quit.
@Shad03
I can't stand you either mr 2000 posts, you're the reason every match survivors DC and suicide on the hook, because of your inaccurate feedback. You and all the other thousands-of-posts-forum-killers have been feeding not_queen crap for a year and the game is in the awful state it is in now, waiting to die, because of people like you that want to 4k every game but don't have the skill to do so.
Wow @Shad03 I'm seriously jealous now. Looks like you're the reason why Survivors DC and suicide every match.
I hope one day I can make such an impact aswell, impressive! Can you teach me?
@Sinner I've never sent a single feedback post in my life. I've never ONCE complained survivors were op.
I've stated my case sure, but I've never actually given the Dev team a complaint personally, since I love this game as it mostly is.
I 4k mostly every game as a killer whom most say aren't viable, which is the Trapper. If you knew me or read any of my posts, you would know how wrong you are.
The sheer ignorance you showed me with your post makes me sick. I CANNOT STAND people LIKE YOU.
@PiiFree
His post really killed me, y'know? The sheer ignorance really cut deep and I just wanna... ... I hate people like that. Whether it comes from survivor mains or killer mains I just really dislike people like him.
Every thread that is opened by a survivor main attempting to bring feedback on an issue is being bombarded by an army of killers with thousands of posts, that bring no arguments and hijack the topic.
If you are not one of them I am sorry!
That doesn't change the fact that these people actually exist. They sit on the forums all day, refreshing each second, waiting for a survivor thread, just to reply with "bait" and other crap. The OP eventually just gives up on the conversation, since there is no conversation to be had. How is that accurate feedback for the devs?
I love how you just ignore the fact that survivors should just stop playing for fun if they want to escape.
@Sinner I know people like those exist, but it isn't just the killers who do it, they just happen to be louder here. I will give you some sort of lee way and say yes, this is a mostly killer main side of the internet. But I heard that Reddit (or Steam) were swarming with survivors who acted like the people who you are talking about. I never went to those sites myself, so tell me if I am wrong.
Look man/ma'am, just remember to stop assuming something about someone. Because it will really hurt your credibility when you are wrong. I'd be less inclined to believe any word you say for what you have tried to pull on me.
Dev just hinted at a Killer Rework, get down to it boys.
Take this guy for example, he wrote on the first page:
"Can anybody post the "killer main btw" meme?"
Also, the first reply was from @NoShinyPony : "I stopped after reading the first point. DbD has no auto aim. The assist only makes for a smoother animation, nothing more. Hitboxes collide, it's a hit. Have you played one single match as a killer?"
Both with over a thousand pots.
All they do is make fun of people that have legitimate problem, A PROBLEM SO LEGITIMATE THAT A DEV DECIDED TO REPLY TO WITH A WALL OF TEXT.
And somehow you're still trying to make me look like the crazy one.
@Sinner
That's typical for BHVR.
They put priority on irrelevant stuff no one cares about while ignoring the truly important things 😉
Yes, yes, very typical, thanks for your valuable input.
That made you speechless, eh?
Living on the edge here, but you're welcome 😘
If the devs nerf killers more many killermains like me will just continue to griefplay, BHVR is stripped for players so they can't ban ppl who griefplay like League does.
What are they gonna do next? Push killers away from the hook if things go out of control? LOL
@Sinner The op said they are leaving the game and gave a reason which is untrue. The question whether the op has ever played killer is legitimate, since somebody who has played one single game as killer must have noticed that there is no auto aim.
I'm a surv main btw. Not everybody who wants fairness and balance here is a killer main.
@Janick
I love that we keep getting "trust us cool stuff is coming" like that means anything.
Remember the optimization patch that never came despite being assured for months it'd be december? Oh now it's a pass in the spring?!?
Pardon me if "trust us we're looking into it" doesn't work anymore.
You completely blew my mind mate, I am speechless, I got no speech. Vote up for you. <3
Infinites? That can wait for a year.
You were probably joking but yes, windowinfinites are a thing again. Good job bhvr.
Oh right, entityblocker doesnt work currently. Not my intention to joke, dbd had true infinites for the first year. Literal invincibility, no skill required, makes the whole game obsolete. Yeah, no biggie
TBH... I think what is gonna screw with allot people and make them want to quit is the new bullshit match making system.
How the Devs feel the need to punish players in this way is confusing to me.
Devs shouldnt force us to play at high rank, there's no rewards, no incentive nothing. It's horrible, its close to 2 years now+
It's time to do something about the Coldwind maps as colorblind people have a terribly difficult time on them.
Love this post. I can agree with most of what you said, the hitboxes being a main one. I rarely play DBD nowadays, its really sad because I love this game but it's just so bleh... Not fun anymore 💔
P.S. I love BHVR, you guys are amazing and try your best to fulfill needs as much as possible. The Plague & Jane were an awesome and creative chapter! I hope to see this game prosper and get more recognition in the near future.
XOXO,
Unicorn 💋
The Plague is garbage Tier but whatever floats your boat.
If the imbalance of the game bothers you so much that you go out of your way to ruin the game for other people, you need to take a break.
If I were a Dev or a Mod, I'd take it a step further and track your IP and associate with the DBD game ID and see if you've had any complaints and give you a week ban.
LET. THEM. KNOW!
LoL if you guys actually cared about feedback nurse should've been nerfed years ago
Yes he quit, but he made this forum post, because he WANTS TO COME BACK, he spent his time, to make this forum, so that him, and 10,000 other players want to see in this game.
@DwikeyMain84 Yeah dude omg what ever will i do without my attention and my ego oh lord.
All jokes aside people like you are kinda the issue people try to explain to the devs whats wrong with the game and you just dismiss their points look at steam charts my dude im sure there are a lot more people that feel the same and its about time the devs stop listening to people like you who dismiss others for giving feedback trying to improve the game seriously get a life and grow up.
Real problem u said is "our small team", clear as water
so tell Mr. Cote not to be too greedy to hire more devs to fix the damn broken game!!
What im doing is a felony in Germany and you'd give me a week ban for this? This is why I think this generation is weak.
The issue is that they balance the game for casuals but then again they don't. They don't want to give killers the option of winning the game against perfect opponents and at the same time they don't want to make the game easier for 80% of the survivor playerbase. The game has no clear direction which is why its #########. They need to decide on sth and stick with it. Too many nerfs that hit low skill survivors much harder than high skill ones (nerfs to pallet count being the biggest issue) while they're simultaneously not making viable killers anymore but still keep 2 killers out that outshine the others by a RIDICULOUS margine. They need to decide what they want to do, have this game be a casual experience for everybody or make this game some kind of wannabe tournament game.
They could do both if they implemented new game modes.
We’ll take your word on that @Janick . We really need some things to change. The actual state of the game is not as appealing as it once was.