Let killers “leave” after gates open

A big topic is survivors hanging out after gates are open, would a simple fix be to let the killer offer themselves to the entity once the gates are open?

Comments

  • It would be great.

  • The issue is the hatch mechanic, not the exit gates. Playing hide'n'seek with the last survivor for 20 minutes while they find the hatch is redundant. End game is usually very quick with the exception of the hatch.

  • I'd actually really like this, No chasing people out and no standing around waiting for the last person to get hatch.

  • As long as it doesn’t affect the survivors left in trial I don’t see an issue with this becoming a thing.

  • Yes, please. I want trials to end ASAP once the survivors have already won.

  • @HeroLives said:

    As long as it doesn’t affect the survivors left in trial I don’t see an issue with this becoming a thing.

    The devs mentioned they wanted to introduce a feature wherein the killer could surrender once the gates were powered, which would force all survivors to escape instantly and grant them the escape bonus.

  • Honestly this is a good idea, sucks to watch survivors t-bag at the exits but if I play the pig and teabag them when I kill them I get salt lul

  • @KillermainBTWm8 said:

    Honestly this is a good idea, sucks to watch survivors t-bag at the exits but if I play the pig and teabag them when I kill them I get salt lul

    Salt is good for ya.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375098#Comment_375098

    The devs mentioned they wanted to introduce a feature wherein the killer could surrender once the gates were powered, which would force all survivors to escape instantly and grant them the escape bonus.

    Yes please, get rid of the ridiculous endgame toxicity. We don't need "fun" montages to advertise this game anyways.

  • It has been suggested a very long time, that the killers should have a "forfeit" option once the gates are open. It'd let the killer leave with whatever points they've amassed and any remaining survivor would automatically escape.

    I dunno why the developers never bothered with it..

  • @se05239 said:

    It has been suggested a very long time, that the killers should have a "forfeit" option once the games are open. It'd let the killer leave with whatever points they've amassed and any remaining survivor would automatically escape.

    I dunno why the developers never bothered with it..

    I didn’t think it was an original idea, but it just seems so simple to implement

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375098#Comment_375098

    The devs mentioned they wanted to introduce a feature wherein the killer could surrender once the gates were powered, which would force all survivors to escape instantly and grant them the escape bonus.

    We need this. It would save so much time! At the same time, it would take so much toxicness out of the game. That's really something the community could push for.

  • It wont become a thing because toxic survivors need their fix. They NEED you to go chasing them from exit to exit watching them do their little butt dance.

    I'm sure BHVR wouldn't want to ruin their fun.

  • @The_Crusader The devs changed DS. It's still a strong perk but it's not where the old DS was. So, the community can convince the devs to make changes where they are necessary.

    If we want a mechanic to change, we as a community have to show that it's important to us. The suggestion in this thread is a very good thing and I'd really, really like to see it implemented.

  • Yeah, i need this.

    I'll gladly give them their 5k BP for Exit Gate escape or 7k BP for Hatch escape if it means i can just continue.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375098#Comment_375098

    The devs mentioned they wanted to introduce a feature wherein the killer could surrender once the gates were powered, which would force all survivors to escape instantly and grant them the escape bonus.

    Sure, this idea seems good. Maybe get cute with it and give the Killers their own self-kill animation similar to a mori, kinda like Hara Kiris from that one Mortal Kombat game.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    @The_Crusader The devs changed DS. It's still a strong perk but it's not where the old DS was. So, the community can convince the devs to make changes where they are necessary.

    If we want a mechanic to change, we as a community have to show that it's important to us. The suggestion in this thread is a very good thing and I'd really, really like to see it implemented.

    Entire community complained about NOED, but they won't budge on that or totems.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375107#Comment_375107

    Sure, this idea seems good. Maybe get cute with it and give the Killers their own self-kill animation similar to a mori, kinda like Hara Kiris from that one Mortal Kombat game.

    No, nothing like that. That'd just be abused by toxic survivors.

  • @The_Crusader A part of the community complains about the current NOED, not the entire community. And the devs aren't changing it because it's pretty much okay now.

    But that's not a NOED thread. Again, I'd really like to see this mechanic implemented.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    @The_Crusader A part of the community complains about the current NOED, not the entire community. And the devs aren't changing it because it's pretty much okay now.

    But that's not a NOED thread. Again, I'd really like to see this mechanic implemented.

    A very large part of the community. Just like a very large part complained about DS, but check the forums there are people saying the old DS was fine so not all of the community wanted the DS change.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375206#Comment_375206

    No, nothing like that. That'd just be abused by toxic survivors.

    ? It's just the idea you mentioned with a little stylistic flair.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375214#Comment_375214

    ? It's just the idea you mentioned with a little stylistic flair.

    What do you think toxic survivors would do if the killer literally had to kill themselves to surrender?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375265#Comment_375265

    What do you think toxic survivors would do if the killer literally had to kill themselves to surrender?

    The same thing toxic survivors would do if the Killer had to surrender to leave the game?

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375280#Comment_375280

    The same thing toxic survivors would do if the Killer had to surrender to leave the game?

    Surrendering is what killers already often do by going AFK. The literal suicide would just attract more and more toxicity.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375287#Comment_375287

    Surrendering is what killers already often do by going AFK. The literal suicide would just attract more and more toxicity.

    I don't see how a surrender option with a suicide animation would result in a signifcant uptick in toxicity while a surrender option without a suicide animation would not. In both cases, a toxic person would think "lol, let's make the Killer ragequit because now we don't have to worry about holding the game hostage since the Killer can end the game themselves."

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375294#Comment_375294

    I don't see how a surrender option with a suicide animation would result in a signifcant uptick in toxicity while a surrender option without a suicide animation would not. In both cases, a toxic person would think "lol, let's make the Killer ragequit because now we don't have to worry about holding the game hostage since the Killer can end the game themselves."

    The forced suicide animation is more toxic than just the surrender. It's also more work for no reason.

  • @TAG Getting told that I should kill my self at the end of the game is enough for me, I rather prefer to not see the animation.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375302#Comment_375302

    The forced suicide animation is more toxic than just the surrender. It's also more work for no reason.

    I don't agree on the first part. Second part is fair.

  • @Delfador said:

    @TAG Getting told that I should kill my self at the end of the game is enough for me, I rather prefer to not see the animation.

    I personally don't equate in-game lore/flavor/etc. with post-game harrasment, but that's just me.

  • It would make people feel bad so no. It feels like a loss. Sometimes it is not a loss if you got 3k. You should walk out proudly not suiciding.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375308#Comment_375308

    I personally don't equate in-game lore/flavor/etc. with post-game harrasment, but that's just me.

    Do you seriously not understand how forcing a killer to commit suicide is more toxic as opposed to just having the killer surrender?

  • @Eveline said:

    It would make people feel bad so no. It feels like a loss. Sometimes it is not a loss if you got 3k. You should walk out proudly not suiciding.

    This is a fair point, admittedly. It would be silly to self-kill on what is basically a win (or, at least what I consider a win).

  • A big topic is survivors hanging out after gates are open, would a simple fix be to let the killer offer themselves to the entity once the gates are open?

    This actually isnt a bad idea, but it would be unfun for the survivors.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375313#Comment_375313

    Do you seriously not understand how forcing a killer to commit suicide is more toxic as opposed to just having the killer surrender?

    I get the logic behind it; I just don't personally agree with it. I see both as just a means to end the game, with one having a little more style to it.

  • Why not make something different than suicide then?

  • @Eveline said:

    Why not make something different than suicide then?

    I don't see why not. I just suggested that first because Mortal Kombat: Deception's Hara Kiris were the first thing that came to mind for me (since DBD's Mori animations remind me of MK's fatalities).

  • @Orion yeah that would work too, but sometimes you just want to loot that chest before ya go , ya know?

  • Maybe they could make it so that if the survivors refuse to leave, you as killer can go to the basement, and entering the basement you leave the match, once you leave the survivors will automatically reach the end game screen as if they escaped by the gate, this makes sense for me

  • @HeroLives said:

    @Orion yeah that would work too, but sometimes you just want to loot that chest before ya go , ya know?

    Yes, I do. And when I play killer, I just want you to go and stop wasting my time.

  • @LCGaster said:

    Maybe they could make it so that if the survivors refuse to leave, you as killer can go to the basement, and entering the basement you leave the match, once you leave the survivors will automatically reach the end game screen as if they escaped by the gate, this makes sense for me

    Retreat to try again, I like it.

  • This will not happen until we have at least dedicated servers. Right now the games are hosted through the killer, so he cannot just simply leave the match and leave survivors behind.

  • Just add a timer and that's it. No need for surrendering or suiciding. Or bring NOED and make them pay for not leaving ASAP

  • @Patricia @not_Queen You know something about a "forfeit" option for killers being in the works?

  • @ComelyStar said:

    This will not happen until we have at least dedicated servers. Right now the games are hosted through the killer, so he cannot just simply leave the match and leave survivors behind.

    @ComelyStar You misunderstand. The survs are not supposed to walk around the map after the killer has left the match.

    The killer leaves and ends the match.

  • Only when there is one survivor left, otherwise it could result in some pathetic end games

  • this is a good idea!!~!

  • What about a countdown timer begins when the Exit Gates or both are opened? Obviously hooking or chasing someone would pause or extend it to factor that in. Maybe this should only occur when it's the last Survivor? I agree something to discourage wasting the Killer's time would be nice.

  • if they do this i hope the animation is really cool

  • @Theluckyboi said:

    Only when there is one survivor left, otherwise it could result in some pathetic end games

    No? It's the killer's decision when to give up.

‹ 1 2