Mettle Of Man facts

My friend and I did some testing with the leaked Mettle Of Man Ash Williams perk. I don't want to get in trouble for talking about leaks, but I feel this post is necessary to calm down most of the people that are flippin' bananas. It's not as good as you think. It will be a strong perk yes, but I don't think it will be as broken as some people are making it out to be.

1) You have to get hit 3 times before it activates. Potentially more for lower tiers, but we can't test this as only tier 3 is available in KYF.

2) It's only good for 1 hit per trial. Once used you cannot use it again.

3) It only takes effect if you are injured. That means if you have a one shot and they are healthy it will bypass the perk, but it does not use it up.

4) When you hit the survivor and it triggers, the survivors glows white for about 5 seconds (similar to how they glow during Legion's Frenzy only white instead of red). This is probably to make the killer aware that it was MoM and not a whiff or something else. EDIT: After playing some games today I noticed that this effect also happens when someone gets hit and they have BT, so this might be a universal signal to killer that the person sponged a hit that should have put them into dying.

5) I can't confirm this 100% right now, but it seems to negate the damage speed boost you get when hit. If the devs are reading and it's NOT something that happens, it really should be. Otherwise it might indeed be overpowered in some instances. EDIT 2: After testing some more I can confirm that you DO get the speed boost on the hit. 😥

6) It's an obsession perk, meaning you will probably know at least 1 is in play (considering that DS is less common now). I can not yet confirm or deny if it only works for the obsession or if it works for non-obsessions too. I'm inclined to think the latter.

7) You can sponge a chainsaw (or any one shot) if it's active and you are injured. That means you can take a one shot hit for someone. This might be where I think the perk is OP and maybe one shots should bypass the perk all the time (just as a means to add more counter play if it needs it).

8) This is just a theory but based on what I've tested, if you give someone BT that has MoM active and they take a hit it will trigger BT, then the NEXT hit that would put them into dying would get sponged instead. Also I'm 99.999% positive that you wouldn't be able to sponge the BT timer meaning you will still have to mend or go into dying.

9) Only the killer's basic attacks count towards activating the perk. So chainsaws, hatchets, purge, and bear traps do not count.

10) After using MoM and healing, your aura is revealed to the killer when outside 16m. THE CARD DOES NOT SPECIFY A TIME FRAME, meaning that this effect is likely permanent. This is actually a HUGE drawback because now the killer will always know where you are and what you are doing. And no, you don't get to see their aura too like OOO, so this is a net benefit to killer. Either you have to stay injured for the rest of the trial or you have to take the risk the killer can see you almost all the time.

11) After it's been used and you heal, the aura reading is lasts until the next time you are put into dying.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @Caretaker said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/374503#Comment_374503

    It's almost like being injured isn't scary, and trust me. People will figure out ways to make it strong. This perk as potential. With MoM assuming best possible scenario, you could eat quite a few hits.

    Hit, Dead Hard, Hit, MoM, Hit, BT, DS.

    @Caretaker

    Nah, if they use MoM then Rancor will say hello because I won't down you until after all 5 generators are completed. Note, your aura makes it literally impossible to hide unless you have Sole Survivor so you're practically dead whenever you use that perk.

  • @The_Crusader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/374886#Comment_374886

    Exhaustion is still incredibly strong. It was broken before.

    How the hell do you adapt to this? Just dont hit the survivor 3 times? Dont be stupid, the survivor mains are going crazy because they know it's a busted perk.

    The punishment increase for camping can be adapted to - dont camp

    The new DS can be adapted to - don't tunnel

    The only way you can adapt to this is to just not chase the obsession, but then if more have it I guess just dont't chase anyone and disconnect?

    Learn about balance.

    I'd say I have a pretty decent grip on the balance of this game. I play both survivor and killer so I understand where you're coming from but it's clear they're trying to push slugging away with these 3 perks. It makes sense too considering the amount of slugging I saw just today. Why try to hook a survivor when they can just be unhooked and escape with something like BT? it's similar to the problem that survivors have right now. Theres no point in trying to heal or do anything else but gens because everything gets punished so hard. Killer has nurses? Dont heal. Thanat and sloppy? Why bother? Tunneling is still prevalent despite the changes to DS so survivors need incentives to do things that aren't objectives. Only problem is that if they buff healing; you guys will go into a hissy fit again because its "done too fast"

    When it comes to "balance" in this game, from the very beginning survivors have always gotten the shaft, yet killers still refuse to just get better at the game.

    Crow bombs

    Nerf to cow tree

    Shrimp boat getting moved

    Pallet reduction

    Lighting changes to make it easier on killers

    Moonlight addons getting removed

    Brand new part and purple toolbox being garbage now

    Exhaustion changes

    Pallet speed changes

    Healing speed changes

    Fewer jungle gyms

    Thompson house getting new hooks

    Less grass in backwater

    Hook distance buffs

    Sabo being gutted


    This is just a small list but you get the point.

  • Most of those nerfs were needed to be honest.

    Survivors don't need crazy perks like these to buff them. Nerf NOED and its probably the biggest 'buff' survivors could get right now. Also balance Nurse and Billy. Those 3 things alone would help survivors massively. They don't need any buffs against the bottom tier killers.

  • Also think about this guys..

    You could leave DS slugged. You could dribble DS.

    You can't do ######### to this perk. There was more counterplay against DS than there is this.

    If old DS had their aura exposed would that have made you happy or not? No? Then it wont work for this either.

  • @The_Crusader said:

    Most of those nerfs were needed to be honest.

    Survivors don't need crazy perks like these to buff them. Nerf NOED and its probably the biggest 'buff' survivors could get right now. Also balance Nurse and Billy. Those 3 things alone would help survivors massively. They don't need any buffs against the bottom tier killers.

    They are balanced. From a kill rate perspective, against a sweaty tryhard SWF, an equally tryhard Nurse or Billy will achieve a 50% kill rate.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/374922#Comment_374922

    They are balanced. From a kill rate perspective, against a sweaty tryhard SWF, an equally tryhard Nurse or Billy will achieve a 50% kill rate.

    All these nerfs come at the expense of solo players. As someone who plays solo survivor more often than SWF, theres no point in trying anymore.

  • @Kagrenac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/374924#Comment_374924

    All these nerfs come at the expense of solo players. As someone who plays solo survivor more often than SWF, theres no point in trying anymore.

    Just another reason why SWF should have never made it into the game without balancing it first.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/374927#Comment_374927

    Just another reason why SWF should have never made it into the game without balancing it first.

    I think 2 & 2 is ok but yeah 3-4 is ridiculous. My biggest issue is that when people play in a large group they bring all their best #########.

    Its rare to find 4 solos with instaheals, but with a 4man swf its common.

    Everything survivors have needs to be nerfed because of swf.

    Ranked should be for solo and casual for swf imo

  • @Kagrenac

    "Crow bombs

    Nerf to cow tree

    Shrimp boat getting moved

    Pallet reduction

    Lighting changes to make it easier on killers

    Moonlight addons getting removed

    Brand new part and purple toolbox being garbage now

    Exhaustion changes

    Pallet speed changes

    Healing speed changes

    Fewer jungle gyms

    Thompson house getting new hooks

    Less grass in backwater

    Hook distance buffs

    Sabo being gutted"


    You forgot to count fixing Infinites as a nerf, in your list of broken/game breaking trollish shits.

    1487201456-kermit-observe.png

    It's all good, at least it show that there is no need for peoples to waste their time talking about balance with you.

  • @NathanExplosion said:

    @Kagrenac

    "Crow bombs

    Nerf to cow tree

    Shrimp boat getting moved

    Pallet reduction

    Lighting changes to make it easier on killers

    Moonlight addons getting removed

    Brand new part and purple toolbox being garbage now

    Exhaustion changes

    Pallet speed changes

    Healing speed changes

    Fewer jungle gyms

    Thompson house getting new hooks

    Less grass in backwater

    Hook distance buffs

    Sabo being gutted"

    You forgot to count fixing Infinites as a nerf, in your list of broken/game breaking trollish shits.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/007/UBIGIYPZ68JR.png

    It's all good, at least it show that there is no need for peoples to waste their time talking about balance with you.

    I didnt talk about infinites because those shouldn't have existed. Not saying everything I mentioned wasnt justified but no one seems to realize how much survivors have gotten nerfed

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/374443#Comment_374443

    I checked the leaks and this perk looks really balanced, you get a jail free card at the cost of a condition and a penalty afterwards. I don't see how anyone can make this perk sound even close to OP.

    I'm really excited that the team is going for a perk like this.... I made a few suggestions that are like MoM but the team once again made any of the suggestions way better with this type of perk.... its balanced imo as well

  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/374503#Comment_374503

    I'm really excited that the team is going for a perk like this.... I made a few suggestions that are like MoM but the team once again made any of the suggestions way better with this type of perk.... its balanced imo as well

    How on earth is it balanced?

  • I am currently sitting on 1.4k hours. Majority of it belongs to survivor.

    It is either I am dumb and can't see how this perk is balanced or it is unbalanced. I will go with the second option.

  • Just to make sure I am understanding this correctly, once you successfully use Mettle of Man to sponge a hit, you can never do so again for the rest of the trial?

    Also, when the hit is sponged, does the Killer still get a successful hit cooldown (since the Survivor apparently does not the damage speed boost)?

  • @Kagrenac solo survivor unbearable? Hardly. I main solo survivor and I don’t get slugged nearly as often as other survivors let on. Slugging was a great means of slowing the game down and now we’re punished for it? As for MoM this perk is on par with the old DS that is why it’s unbalanced.

  • Oh wow. Just noticed the part where he says you can take a chainsaw hit and not go down. Everyone assumed the "basic attack" part applied to that too.

    So its even worse.

  • @Blueberry said:

    Perk looks more broken than old DS

    That's because you don't know how to evaluate perks. Like at all.

    Mettle of Man- After getting hit 3 times by a killers basic attack this perk activates. Once activated, the next occasion that would put you in the dying state from the injured state is ignored. The next time you heal back to full health, your aura will be revealed to the killer when you are more than 16 meters from the killer. The perk will deactivate the next time you are put into the dying state. Higher chance of being obsession.

    Like I said, you all suck at evaluating perks. You can combine this perk with whatever you want. It still isn't good. There are a lot of killers that this ability completely blanks on. Plague for instance. She pukes on you until you are broken. No basic attack at that point. Then basic attack to finish you off. If she isn't doing that, then she is using corrupt puke to injure you. Also not a basic attack. Do the math. You are dead before she basic attacks you 4 times.

    She's not the only killer like that either. Any killer that can hurt you with their ability throws off the math. Any of the chainsaw killers that can one shot you, completely borks the perk. This perk only activates when you are already in the injured state. If you get hit with one shot ability then you skip that and go down. Hello NOED. Hello MYC. Hello Devour Hope.

    And if, just if, you manage to avoid all of those things and get lucky and actually get one activation out of the perk. From what I read, it literally can only activate at most once then it deactivates. Then what? You avoid ONE HIT! That's it. One lousy hit. As I said before, it doesn't teleport you away from the killer. The killer is still right behind you. Even if you get the speed boost and the killer swipes their weapon like a normal hit, that is hardly a get out of jail free card.

    The killer is still behind you. The killer still knows where you are. You are still injured. Most of the time the killer will still catch you. And guess what, let's say you either pull off a miracle and escape or the killer just abandons the chase. You are still screwed! The next time you are healed to full the killer can see your aura when outside 16 meter range. Good luck getting that hatch now =p So I say again, this is NOT the second coming of decisive strike. It's frankly not even that good of a perk. The majority of the time, you would be better off running Dead Hard. Sure, you can run both. Big deal. As far as exhaustion perks go, dead hard is one of the weaker ones imho.

  • @Kagrenac said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375358#Comment_375358

    I didnt talk about infinites because those shouldn't have existed. Not saying everything I mentioned wasnt justified but no one seems to realize how much survivors have gotten nerfed

    Yes they've received nerfs but nothing in comparison to killers.

    Get your facts straight homeboy

    https://steamcommunity.com/app/381210/discussions/0/1621724915795099897/

  • I never said killers didnt receive a lot of nerfs either

  • I read the survivor one also and they mainly named the same things indirectly.

  • @The_Crusader said:

    Oh wow. Just noticed the part where he says you can take a chainsaw hit and not go down. Everyone assumed the "basic attack" part applied to that too.

    So its even worse.

    @The_Crusader You can tank a chainsaw hit for your teammates. 😍

  • No it doesn't negate abilities... so if a Billy or LF uses their chainsaw on you from the start it doesn't count 1 hit towards the 3 needed to activate.. samething goes for hatchets.. at least that's my understanding of the perk atm...

  • @Seanzu said:

    This thread honestly just goes to show how one side will cry about anything.

    Lets cry about perks that aren't even released yet alone announced officially.

    The perk is weak holy heck, one hit that doesn't do damage, because you've never swung at a window and got nothing out of it right, it's basically like that except you connect.

    For once you and I agree on something... people are overreacting like something crazy on this perk... I will gladly except this perk into the game... with this perk you could get that Old BT back but actually at a risk and the cost of 2 slots... I love it!


  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375468#Comment_375468

    No it doesn't negate abilities... so if a Billy or LF uses their chainsaw on you from the start it doesn't count 1 hit towards the 3 needed to activate.. samething goes for hatchets.. at least that's my understanding of the perk atm...

    What's meant by that is that if you get to the 3 stacks (from regular attacks only) you can tank a chainsaw hit, but only if you get hit while injured. If you are downed from full health (Exposed, chainsaws) then it never activates.

  • The only downside I see as a killer is 4 man SWF with multiple flashlights. As a Nurse it was pretty easy to pick one up until blinded then down that same survivor, once that was done you could fake pick-up to lure the other survivor out, the one with a flashlight. With the wiggle timer transfer I doubt I will be able to do this anymore.

  • The only thing I could see this perk strong is when going against a camper and pulling the hook in their face ----> pretty much the old BT but at the cost of 2 slots..... but the thing is the survivor cant really decide when they get hit the 4th time of the game soo... I don't see this perk amounting much more then that....

  • @TAG said:

    Just to make sure I am understanding this correctly, once you successfully use Mettle of Man to sponge a hit, you can never do so again for the rest of the trial?

    Also, when the hit is sponged, does the Killer still get a successful hit cooldown (since the Survivor apparently does not the damage speed boost)?

    Yes it's once per trial. And yes you get a blood wipe animation. It's like hitting someone on a hook. I can't 100% confirm you don't get the speed boost. My friend claims he did get it but on my side it looked like he just kept running like normal. I have to try it again to be sure.

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/374443#Comment_374443

    I checked the leaks and this perk looks really balanced, you get a jail free card at the cost of a condition and a penalty afterwards. I don't see how anyone can make this perk sound even close to OP.

    Don’t worry- they’ll still complain. I play way more killer than survivor and definitely favor killer-sided improvements (like removing the Hatch), but I don’t find any of the leaked Ash perks to be bad- if anything, they seem like some of the most well thought of perks in recent memory.

  • Just run STBFL, what's the problem?

  • @Madjura said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375535#Comment_375535

    What's meant by that is that if you get to the 3 stacks (from regular attacks only) you can tank a chainsaw hit, but only if you get hit while injured. If you are downed from full health (Exposed, chainsaws) then it never activates.

    Only the killer's basic attack (m1) will count towards activating the perk. If you are Billy or Huntress you can use your power on the MoM user and it will never trigger.

    However when it IS active, any hit that would put you into dying from injured would get sponged. This now includes hatchets and chainsaws.

    So you can use your power on some killers to avoid giving them points towards activation, but once activated it doesn't matter how you go down. The only way you can bypass it is with a one shot when they are healthy, because it requires you to go from injured to dying.

    If they never heal to stay injured so it triggers, then in a sense it's like they healed themselves. Therefore all it does is just turn a chase on an injured survivor into a chase on a healthy survivor.

  • The thing is no one is scared to be injured. Rush into Adrenaline, and boom. You're gucci. This entire meta has been about people not healing. Also, I've got buddies who can't play without OOO so they're losing their minds over this perk. Doesn't matter if you can see their auras, that's how they play, and now they can get a free extra hit? Oooh that's good.

  • @Dreamnomad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/374445#Comment_374445

    That's because you don't know how to evaluate perks. Like at all.

    Mettle of Man- After getting hit 3 times by a killers basic attack this perk activates. Once activated, the next occasion that would put you in the dying state from the injured state is ignored. The next time you heal back to full health, your aura will be revealed to the killer when you are more than 16 meters from the killer. The perk will deactivate the next time you are put into the dying state. Higher chance of being obsession.

    Like I said, you all suck at evaluating perks. You can combine this perk with whatever you want. It still isn't good. There are a lot of killers that this ability completely blanks on. Plague for instance. She pukes on you until you are broken. No basic attack at that point. Then basic attack to finish you off. If she isn't doing that, then she is using corrupt puke to injure you. Also not a basic attack. Do the math. You are dead before she basic attacks you 4 times.

    She's not the only killer like that either. Any killer that can hurt you with their ability throws off the math. Any of the chainsaw killers that can one shot you, completely borks the perk. This perk only activates when you are already in the injured state. If you get hit with one shot ability then you skip that and go down. Hello NOED. Hello MYC. Hello Devour Hope.

    And if, just if, you manage to avoid all of those things and get lucky and actually get one activation out of the perk. From what I read, it literally can only activate at most once then it deactivates. Then what? You avoid ONE HIT! That's it. One lousy hit. As I said before, it doesn't teleport you away from the killer. The killer is still right behind you. Even if you get the speed boost and the killer swipes their weapon like a normal hit, that is hardly a get out of jail free card.

    The killer is still behind you. The killer still knows where you are. You are still injured. Most of the time the killer will still catch you. And guess what, let's say you either pull off a miracle and escape or the killer just abandons the chase. You are still screwed! The next time you are healed to full the killer can see your aura when outside 16 meter range. Good luck getting that hatch now =p So I say again, this is NOT the second coming of decisive strike. It's frankly not even that good of a perk. The majority of the time, you would be better off running Dead Hard. Sure, you can run both. Big deal. As far as exhaustion perks go, dead hard is one of the weaker ones imho.

    I lost brain cells reading this. So much of this is inaccurate.

    Also, I highly doubt you have a better understanding of perk balance than I do. I've got 3,000 hours in this game with rank 1 on both sides at every reset since the games been out. You might want to play the game some more to get a better understanding of balance yourself before you start trying to correct people that have been here a lot longer than you and know a lot more about evaluating perks than yourself.

  • (cannot delete this quote)

    @Poweas MoM is a obsession perk.

  • A bit off topic but am I the only one to find it funny that a perk wich abreviation is MoM happen to be a protection perk?

  • @Dragonredking said:

    A bit off topic but am I the only one to find it funny that a perk wich abreviation is MoM happen to be a protection perk?

    Are you Jesus?


  • @Bravo0413 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/374767#Comment_374767

    For once you and I agree on something... people are overreacting like something crazy on this perk... I will gladly except this perk into the game... with this perk you could get that Old BT back but actually at a risk and the cost of 2 slots... I love it!

    Honestly, I'm sorry but I have multiple chases where I've missed a hit on survivor, and you get that mini cool down thing, it's literally just that, once in the entire match, and then once they heal, you can see their aura until you down them, then the perk deactivates completely.

    It's literally a trash perk lmao.


    Pros

    You can take one additional hit.


    Cons

    Once Per Trial

    Killer Sees Your Aura Until You're Down (If you heal)


    Additionally, you could die before you use it, you've probably already been hooked once before you even use it.

    more crying for the sake of crying.

  • Decisive - it's just one free stun.

    Didn't work out too well did it?

  • Did more testing. Can confirm now that you do get the speed boost when hit and it triggers.

    Also the aura reading effect lasts from the moment it is used to the next time you are put into dying. So it's not permanent for the entire game, just until the next time you get caught. However, considering that it needs 3 hits to activate, if you include the 4th sponge hit, that's 2 chases. On your third chase, when it would deactivate entirely, you would likely be dead anyway.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    After watching Tyde's video he pointed out something I missed which is HUGE and makes this perk a giant risk.

    After using MoM and healing, your aura is revealed to the killer when outside 16m. THE CARD DOES NOT SPECIFY A TIME FRAME, meaning that this effect is likely permanent. This is actually a HUGE drawback because now the killer will always know where you are and what you are doing. And no, you don't get to see their aura too like OOO, so this is a net benefit to killer. Either you have to stay injured for the rest of the trial or you have to take the risk the killer can see you almost all the time.

    @thesuicidefox After you are downed, I believe your aura is no longer revealed to the killer by MoM.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    Did more testing. Can confirm now that you do get the speed boost when hit and it triggers.

    Also the aura reading effect lasts from the moment it is used to the next time you are put into dying. So it's not permanent for the entire game, just until the next time you get caught. However, considering that it needs 3 hits to activate, if you include the 4th sponge hit, that's 2 chases. On your third chase, when it would deactivate entirely, you would likely be dead anyway.

    So with the weapon wipe cooldown and the speed boost this is basically more powerful than DS was.


    Also aura reading...

    If it activates, you take a hit, sponge it, take another hit, go down - does that end the perk? Meaning aura reading doesn't even come into play?

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    Did more testing. Can confirm now that you do get the speed boost when hit and it triggers.

    Also the aura reading effect lasts from the moment it is used to the next time you are put into dying. So it's not permanent for the entire game, just until the next time you get caught. However, considering that it needs 3 hits to activate, if you include the 4th sponge hit, that's 2 chases. On your third chase, when it would deactivate entirely, you would likely be dead anyway.

    That's assuming every hit is taking you into a hook. Many hits are applying pressure, not tunneling someone down.

  • @The_Crusader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/376458#Comment_376458

    So with the weapon wipe cooldown and the speed boost this is basically more powerful than DS was.

    Also aura reading...

    If it activates, you take a hit, sponge it, take another hit, go down - does that end the perk? Meaning aura reading doesn't even come into play?

    Only if you healed first. So if you take a hit during a chase and still end up being caught, the aura reading is still active. However you need to heal to activate the aura reading in the first place.

  • @Madjura said:

    >Toxic survivors will love this against freddy, pig or LF becauae those 3 can get loope for days. As long as you're near pallets you're safe

    Pallets are finite, if they stay only in areas with pallets then they can't repair

    >AND they can see you tbagging from across the map.

    This is still irrelevant

    >Again if aura reading was a huge downside then freddy would be considered a good killer. Hint: he's not.

    I play a lot of Freddy. The main issues with Freddy are that the Dream World is too dark, that falling asleep takes too long and it's too easy to wake up. Permanent aura reveal is one of the strongest effects in the game

    @Madjura Really? I feel like the Dream World makes everything brighter, and survivors seem much easier to find. As for it being "too easy" to wake up, there are add-ons that help with this. You might argue that it's not enough to help his case, but all the times that I have used Freddy offerings, I've gotten 3k's without anything. No perks, no add-ons, nada. I actually really enjoy playing him.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/376503#Comment_376503

    Only if you healed first. So if you take a hit during a chase and still end up being caught, the aura reading is still active. However you need to heal to activate the aura reading in the first place.

    so you take a hit, sponge it, take another hit, go down, get hooked, get unhooked, heal, THEN the aura reading activates?

  • @Saint_Ukraine said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/374755#Comment_374755

    @Madjura Really? I feel like the Dream World makes everything brighter, and survivors seem much easier to find. As for it being "too easy" to wake up, there are add-ons that help with this. You might argue that it's not enough to help his case, but all the times that I have used Freddy offerings, I've gotten 3k's without anything. No perks, no add-ons, nada. I actually really enjoy playing him.

    People that say it's "easy to wake up" are probably the ones that sleep someone and hit them THEN change targets. If you sleep them and don't hit them, as the game goes on it's actually harder to wake up. If the Freddy is good, when you find someone to wake you he will be right there to sleep you both. Do that enough and everyone is asleep with only 4 gens to wake up at, now it's going to be VERY hard to wake up.

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/375584#Comment_375584

    Honestly, I'm sorry but I have multiple chases where I've missed a hit on survivor, and you get that mini cool down thing, it's literally just that, once in the entire match, and then once they heal, you can see their aura until you down them, then the perk deactivates completely.

    It's literally a trash perk lmao.

    Pros

    You can take one additional hit.

    Cons

    Once Per Trial

    Killer Sees Your Aura Until You're Down (If you heal)

    Additionally, you could die before you use it, you've probably already been hooked once before you even use it.

    more crying for the sake of crying.

    I have to agree with @SenzuDuck, it has a condition and a penalty after use, you don't get a free health state for doing nothing, you have to work for it. If this perk is such a big deal then where was y'all at when Deliverance came to Dead by Daylight. How about Decisive Strike, I'm surprised that @not_Queen's Decisive Strike thread got a lot of vote ups and awesomes for being the same thing as MoM. This is just ridiculous, you're all taught to not judge a book by its cover but still do, huh?

  • @NMCKE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/376385#Comment_376385

    I have to agree with @SenzuDuck, it has a condition and a penalty after use, you don't get a free health state for doing nothing, you have to work for it. If this perk is such a big deal then where was y'all at when Deliverance came to Dead by Daylight. How about Decisive Strike, I'm surprised that @not_Queen's Decisive Strike thread got a lot of vote ups and awesomes for being the same thing as MoM. This is just ridiculous, you're all taught to not judge a book by its cover but still do, huh?

    Work for it? lmfao how? by taking 3 hits? generally, you're gonna be taking 6 hits over the course of a game anyway if you die.

    Deliverance doesn't extend chases hence why it gets a free pass. Plus there are many times it doesn't activate. The only way MoM won't activate is if the killer doesn't hit you 3 times which probably means you didn't get caught, escaped and won anyway.

  • Are people still losing their minds over this thing? Let's put things in perspective a bit.

    Killers that have a high probability of completely negating Mettle of Man:

    Plague

    Hillbilly

    Trapper

    Huntress

    Shape

    Legion

    Killers that have a some probability of completely negating Mettle of Man:

    Spirit (grabs off generators, exit gates, etc)

    Nurse (grabs off generators, exit gates, etc)

    Pig (dash attack or possible RBT death)

    So of the 15 killers there are 6 that can completely negate this perk with their base kit. No perks, add ons or offerings required. Another 3 have some possibility to negate the perk with their base kit. Every killer has access to multiple perks that allow one shot attacks. NOED, MYC, DH, and Rancor for example. Every killer has access to mori's. Any perk that is weak to that many things is not going to upset the balance of the game. And even if the player gets the free hit, that is hardly game over for the killer. Relax, the sky isn't falling. Honestly.

  • @Dreamnomad Talk about reaching. Gen pulls are few and far between with Nurse and Spirit (without prayer beads).

    Oh but wait the possibility is there so I guess ir counts!! Just gotta gen grab them twice in a row. Easily done.

1 2 3 4