Mettle Of Man facts

My friend and I did some testing with the leaked Mettle Of Man Ash Williams perk. I don't want to get in trouble for talking about leaks, but I feel this post is necessary to calm down most of the people that are flippin' bananas. It's not as good as you think. It will be a strong perk yes, but I don't think it will be as broken as some people are making it out to be.

1) You have to get hit 3 times before it activates. Potentially more for lower tiers, but we can't test this as only tier 3 is available in KYF.

2) It's only good for 1 hit per trial. Once used you cannot use it again.

3) It only takes effect if you are injured. That means if you have a one shot and they are healthy it will bypass the perk, but it does not use it up.

4) When you hit the survivor and it triggers, the survivors glows white for about 5 seconds (similar to how they glow during Legion's Frenzy only white instead of red). This is probably to make the killer aware that it was MoM and not a whiff or something else. EDIT: After playing some games today I noticed that this effect also happens when someone gets hit and they have BT, so this might be a universal signal to killer that the person sponged a hit that should have put them into dying.

5) I can't confirm this 100% right now, but it seems to negate the damage speed boost you get when hit. If the devs are reading and it's NOT something that happens, it really should be. Otherwise it might indeed be overpowered in some instances. EDIT 2: After testing some more I can confirm that you DO get the speed boost on the hit. 😥

6) It's an obsession perk, meaning you will probably know at least 1 is in play (considering that DS is less common now). I can not yet confirm or deny if it only works for the obsession or if it works for non-obsessions too. I'm inclined to think the latter.

7) You can sponge a chainsaw (or any one shot) if it's active and you are injured. That means you can take a one shot hit for someone. This might be where I think the perk is OP and maybe one shots should bypass the perk all the time (just as a means to add more counter play if it needs it).

8) This is just a theory but based on what I've tested, if you give someone BT that has MoM active and they take a hit it will trigger BT, then the NEXT hit that would put them into dying would get sponged instead. Also I'm 99.999% positive that you wouldn't be able to sponge the BT timer meaning you will still have to mend or go into dying.

9) Only the killer's basic attacks count towards activating the perk. So chainsaws, hatchets, purge, and bear traps do not count.

10) After using MoM and healing, your aura is revealed to the killer when outside 16m. THE CARD DOES NOT SPECIFY A TIME FRAME, meaning that this effect is likely permanent. This is actually a HUGE drawback because now the killer will always know where you are and what you are doing. And no, you don't get to see their aura too like OOO, so this is a net benefit to killer. Either you have to stay injured for the rest of the trial or you have to take the risk the killer can see you almost all the time.

11) After it's been used and you heal, the aura reading is lasts until the next time you are put into dying.

Tagged: Mod

Comments

  • @The_Crusader said:

    But the thing is killers should have more. Remember it's a 1 vs 4 game.

    Survivors often want it where they can go 1-on-1 with the killer, but if all 4 survivors do that then killer becomes impossible.

    People before used to bring DS, Unbreakable, Deliverance, Adrenaline and an instaheal. You can't hook them duento DS, cant slug them due to unbreakable, if you dribble them they use deliverance, and with adrenaline they would be instahealed. A solid survivor would loop all game and use these to counter the killer no matter what they did. Do that across 4 survivors and you have a problem.

    Survivors should be winning by working well as a team together. Doing gens, holding out a decent amount in chases, healing each other etc distracting the killer. It shouldn't be the case where 1 survivor loops all game like it used to be with DS.

    Which is why I say buff underwhelming killers and give them all a counter perk.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    @The_Crusader You guys are just theory crafting 100% and arguing about something that will probably change before it comes out. You're not going to convince each other of anything. This is no longer a discussion, it's a dumpster fire.

    @Peanits @Gay Myers (Luzi) @MandyTalk Please close this thread. I regret making it.

    Done. Closed by request.

1 2 3 4 ›