The tunneling and camping is out of control. Please do something about it
I'm probably going to get a lot of ######### for this post but I really don't care. Dead By Daylight is one of my favorite games and I love it a lot however the constant tunneling and camping is getting frustrating. I realize it's a killers job to win the match by getting the kills but this tunneling and camping BS that all killers doing lately is making it unfair to the survivor because in all honesty it makes it most cases so that they don't pip causing them to lose their rank. It is near impossible for a Surivor to go up in Rank (Get it to #1) when killers do this. I've noticed lately when playing with friends or even by myself that Survivors are Disconnecting more and more. It's getting really frustrating.
Comments
You realize that the killers job is to kill, but when a killer tries to effectively do so and tunnels you, then you get upset?
Regaring camping, just use all the second chance stuff or simpyl power through gens.
near impossible to rank up as survivor? Good lord...... Maybe you should play killer, seems like survivor is not your role
Its hard to work on a gen when you are being ######### chased (tunneled) by the Killer that's why I say its makes it harder to get your rank. I should have worded that better,
I'm fairly new to the game have only been playing since about August of last year so I do try!
While tunneling/camping is not a problem in high ranks it needs fixing for the game's health in general. Thing is killers don't need nerfs but incentives to go after other survivors, taking one out currently is just far too strong over having to hook each survivor twice. Esp legion excels at tunneling because you have no reason to go for the unhooker unless you are able to down him before he unhooks, most people won't even heal up against him and even if you get a healthy unhooker you can frenzy him and go for the hooked guy
As far as camping if you teabag me repeatedly I WILL have a nice cozy chat with you on the Hook. Otherwise I Hook, take a look around the area and move on.
If its in the endgame and can only capitalize on one or two Kills, sorry I'm going to do so.
You're not guaranteed a get out of jail free card/get to leave or get off the Hook. Get teammates to play with or deal with the unpredictability of randos
Alternatively look at stealth. Try running perks to help you avoid being found in the first place. I know it sounds like an "oh just don't get caught" response but it really is a solid way to pip and survive longer.
Running bond to draw the killer to teammates who can take the heat can help too. Doesn't always work but bond is a super powerful perk anyway so it'll never hurt to have.
This is one of those things that isn't likely to change. It isn't against the rules to camp or tunnel. The devs have made it very clear that they don't intend to ever make it against the rules. There are ways the game could be modified to fix the problem, but that would require a pretty drastic change and many players are against such things.
So that really only leaves you with 2 options. Option one is to play as the killer. If you are the killer then you decide how to play. Option two is to accept the game for what it is. It can be very frustrating at times. I doubt there is a single player who has played this game for any length of time that would disagree with that. But bottom line is that camping and tunneling aren't going away any time soon.
Really though you've just got to focus on pips. People play better in red ranks, it's 9 and below that are awful.
Do a gen or two, get an unhook, survive about 10 mind and try to hold a decent chase. If the killer is camping take BT. Don't worry about making it out, just grind until you get to the fun ranks.
I was in the same boat as you. It sucks that you need to grind your ass off to enjoy the game. The killers are just so bad at low ranks.
What I do in a tunnel thing is to try to juke around killers (The chainsaw dudes are the easiest for me for some reason) and always watch for an opportunity to be unpredictable, like once, I was being chased by the spirit, and I fast vaulted a window, then as the spirit goes the other way, I go back quietly, and hide under the window until the heartbeat and her creepy voice is gone.
I also recommend looking at tutorials to avoid tunneling, take advantage of abilities like Dead Hard and Spirit Sprint Burst. Also, use pallets of course, but one thing I sometimes do when I am not panicking is to go to the pallet, see if the killer tries to break the pallet or not. If the killer goes the other way, wait until the killer is right behind you, not the moment when the killer is away from your sight to vault quickly or quietly through the pallet. If the killer breaks the pallet, I run to the killer's side, then run back in a circle to cause the killer to be confused on your direction. Locker dodging is a thing in buildings, but I suck at them, I always die getting grabbed when I forget to do a locker run. XD
Against campers, sadly, just work on generators, unless you get the other survivors to distract the killer to save the hooked survivor. Sabotaging hooks and flashlights does prevent camping too. XD
Gens dont get done at low rank thats why camping works.
If gens took even longer than camping would be stringer than it is now.
As for tunneling, if you're tunneling one guy then yeah the gens are going to be powered up fast.
Tunneling is the most effective strategy a killer can go for if he manages to injure/down the unhooker it's the best thing to go for the survivor who will be stage2/dead as long as he still has the chance to find him.
Agreed. Tunneling, just be a good dodger and runner (I do this so much with Meg and Nea sadly XD)
Worth it.
Out of the 4 categories, Evader is always second to me before Altruism. Generators are always one of the last or survival points because I get downed easily and not being able to do too many gens, but hey, other three teammates can work on generators on the other side of the map.
So, as a NEWER player I feel very safe in giving this sage advice:
GIT GUD
I have been getting camped and tunneled almost every game. It can get annoying, but nothing we can do about it.
There isn't much you can do if the killer decides to tunnel or camp you all game. I am rank 1 killer and rank 1 survivor.
Unless I’m the obsession and dude is using Dying Light or Remember Me, I have no problems getting the killer to find interest in someone else.
They don't always lose interest. I have had some killers that chased me the whole game while the others were doing gens. I eventually got caught and camped. wasn't much I could do.
For the former, you can’t fix stupid.
For the ladder, you should congratulate yourself.
Been there, done that, have played many games where only I died, because it was too late to save me XD
That should be a new thing, Sacrifice for the greater good/others for points in Altruism.
Camping works because survivors want zhe bait. Enjoy the view of your fellow survivors' auras in your direct proximity just futily waiting for the camper to go away.
Tunneling? Let me ask a simple question, do you switch generators after 10-20% of progress and only return to work on it after its regression to 0%?
If your immediate answer is "No" or "what a dick/killer main" , then you know why "tunneling" exists . Yet you're expecting/demanding the killer to play that stupid.
You did not have to lay it on them so concisely. You should be ashamed. Do you understand how many heads are pulsating close to an explosion?
Tunneling has an impossible to fix, sometimes you as killer want someone dead, and he/she is very good at looping so no other way to keep tunneling....
For facecamping you can for instance if the entity detects it and pushes the killer away
Playing smart is not a problem, and camping has counters. Use the counters that camping has and stop demanding that killers play like idiots.
With good survivors you need hooks constantly, hence why tunneling goes down because people don't have time to wait around for one survivor to be unhooked.
If killer fails tunneling he s going to lose against competent survivors most of the times get it.
As for camping - just save survivors when killer leaves the hook for the first time if you wait to save survivor at the last moment( getting more time to do gens) he may get camped .
Ranks and or pipping in-general means nothing...
if it's so hard then how do I take my survivor to rank one every single month? how do other take survivor to rank one every single month?
DS is the new anti tunnel perk.. The devs listened to your prayers and answered them.
You can still tunnel them it just got slightly nerfed its not borrowed time or something they are not immune to hits . With new DS changes you can hook survivors whereever you want in exchange which is huge buff for killers its not braindead "just hook to the closest hook " anymore
Slightly is good enough. If they can't run away they can crawl away.
Meanwhile most killer perks do almost nothing and are situational at best and ppl wonder why one side is stronger than the other.
Pipping is not a reward. If all 4 just kill themselves on hook they robbed the killer of his time too.