Vecna takes zero skill and is absolutely unfun to versus

What’s the point of the clocks if he gets the red world instantly after 2 hits with his power? What’s the point of having stacks if they never could go away? Why is he able to just spam his power repeatedly? That’s no excuse because he’s 4.4 I rather face him when he’s 4.6 but no power spam. Make it so if he’s spamming his power he loses the red world faster.

Comments

  • @Royval said:

    What’s the point of the clocks if he gets the red world instantly after 2 hits with his power? What’s the point of having stacks if they never could go away? Why is he able to just spam his power repeatedly? That’s no excuse because he’s 4.4 I rather face him when he’s 4.6 but no power spam. Make it so if he’s spamming his power he loses the red world faster.


    I'm going to kindly direct you to my forum, which directly lists how to deal with Henry. While I understand your frustration, dealing with Henry really isn't as difficult as people make it seem; you just can't play against him the same way you would other killers.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/463335/the-real-vecna-guide-the-first-henry#latest

  • the thing I have noticed in general is that BHVR are creating more interactive killers. As in you need to this in order to erase this. Again good on paper but in a fast paced game you don’t really have time. It may enhance the gaming experience but a killer is gonna kill and all these extras is just gimme to the killer.

    The first is easy to predict run straight then dodge when they throw their vines. Try not to vault because that’s where he’ll shoot them. This is where you get a frustrated killer and then the slugging starts. It doesn’t matter what the killers powers are it’s just the playstyle that is the issue. I do think the vines need a longer cool down because it feels as if that’s all the are doing. Maybe longer cool down and adjust his base speed (he’s slow you have to admit that).

    The fact that Hens is getting kill streaks is above the normal. All that does is sell the killer and then your average player gets frustrated because they can’t do it and they find some other streamer that just tunnels camps and slugs.

  • @MechWarrior3 said:

    I strongly disagree. I rarely win with him. His vines are pretty hard for me to hit personally even when I have aura. Sometimes I am too close when aiming and sometimes its just too far away. If they take away his "spam" then instead of his power hurting you after 3 or 4 hits it will need to hit you on each hit…Do you want that?

    Yes, because then there is more time to gain proper distance. Especially if those hits take about 1.5x as long as his current 3-4 hits

  • @killerjuker said:

    Blatantly pay to win Spam cheese killer. More powerful than Nurse yet easier to pick up and play than Trapper.

    The people defending this killer are killer mains benefiting from easy 4ks or killer mains that claim to play both sides but actually hardly play survivor so they go up against extremely incompetent low MMR killers and get some easy escapes before hopping back on killer.

    If you're actually good at survivor and have mid to high MMR, you are forced to play like a rat and get hatch because your teammates will get massacred quickly almost every time by this broken killer.

    you’re so wrong about this statement. I play both sides maybe slightly more survivor than killer these days. On a game to game basis with him i can go from an easy 4k to not even getting a 1k because even with aura they just dodge everything.

    mmr is cooked in this game, I don’t even believe it’s real considering how one match i can get someone like zerbs or tonytheduff on my team and the next i can get survivors who never played before.

    I don’t even know what they could do to fix him. Maybe world breaker should be shorter and the time static. Grandfather clocks shouldn’t reduce its time but instead should remove tokens.


    the worst part about him is how your teammates and worthless bots can feed him to world breaker and then you get punished for it. I can dodge him pretty decently denying world breaker just for a meg to feed him and wipe the team.

  • @AGM said:

    From what I've experienced in my Henry matches, this killer takes a decent amount of skill. If you're spamming your power immediately off its cool down, survivors start getting into a rhythm where they know you have your shot ready and will path weirdly to dodge, especially when out of sight.

    I also appreciate that Henry has an anti-tunnel and anti-camping mechanic built into his kit, where using his special attacks near a hooked survivor makes his attacks take much longer. It makes him one of the worst hook defenders in the game. More killers should have these kinds of safeguards built in to their powers.

    You mean the built-in anti-tunnel where he M2's you immediately off hook and bypasses BT to insta mori you? Very fair 10/10 certified not tunneled.

  • @MashedBroccoli said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4051735#Comment_4051735

    you’re so wrong about this statement. I play both sides maybe slightly more survivor than killer these days. On a game to game basis with him i can go from an easy 4k to not even getting a 1k because even with aura they just dodge everything.

    mmr is cooked in this game, I don’t even believe it’s real considering how one match i can get someone like zerbs or tonytheduff on my team and the next i can get survivors who never played before.

    I don’t even know what they could do to fix him. Maybe world breaker should be shorter and the time static. Grandfather clocks shouldn’t reduce its time but instead should remove tokens.


    the worst part about him is how your teammates and worthless bots can feed him to world breaker and then you get punished for it. I can dodge him pretty decently denying world breaker just for a meg to feed him and wipe the team.

    I don't think removing stacks should be a mechanic as it isn't an overly powerful benefit and serves as a light punishment to whoever ends up giving him his power.

    I like that his power requires some skill to aim and predict correctly. However, the nearly non-existent cooldown AND his ability to hold his M2 infinitely to zone just remove any feeling of accomplishment in chase for survivor. Even when he's spamming and missing he keeps gaining distance if the survivor is actively dodging. He doesn't get punished for anything. I would like at least one of those things to get a slight nerf. Either give survivors a bit more distance for missing or nerf his zoning by slowing him down while holding or a hard limit on how long he can hold it. I would start with that and then let things settle for a while.

  • @cogsturning said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4051726#Comment_4051726

    I'm not new to this game as either role, I just don't play ranged killers much because I'm on console.

    Empathy is one of my default survivor perks though. It's value is unbeatable.

    Similar to a nurse

    Don't assume you can't do it just because you're a controller, as this will help you grow. And not being able to do something is never a bad experience.

    Do you want to be a crybaby?

  • @ONSAN said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4051814#Comment_4051814

    Similar to a nurse

    Don't assume you can't do it just because you're a controller, as this will help you grow. And not being able to do something is never a bad experience.

    Do you want to be a crybaby?

    Lol what nobody is crying. What does that even mean?

  • That's good.

    There are so many crybabies who make excuses and say they can't do it.

  • Thought this at first but after playing him, his vine attacks are actually quite difficult to land on survivors who are figuring out how to run tiles against him. Running wider than normal on tiles or running towards Vecna when he's getting ready to use his power to attack make it harder to land hits.

  • looks like a nurse Experience playing against nurses will come in handy. You can see the player's level of skill.

  • @Rogue11 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4051835#Comment_4051835

    You mean the built-in anti-tunnel where he M2's you immediately off hook and bypasses BT to insta mori you? Very fair 10/10 certified not tunneled.

    No. I'm talking about how it takes about 6 seconds for vines to come out when you try to use his M2 near hooked survivors. If the hooked and unhooking survivor can't move away from the hook within 6 seconds that's their mistake.

  • @AGM said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4051905#Comment_4051905

    No. I'm talking about how it takes about 6 seconds for vines to come out when you try to use his M2 near hooked survivors. If the hooked and unhooking survivor can't move away from the hook within 6 seconds that's their mistake.

    guess Cheryl should have moved away from the hook. skill issue, clearly…

    https://youtu.be/Puh2YS5ShZA?si=N6SDM4boMoCzM2KQ
  • Ah, I see what you mean now. The Undergate Attack going through Endurance seems like unintended behavior; might want to send a bug report. Thank you for providing the clip, as I didn't even know that was possible.

  • he takes skill but he's very forgiving with how often he can spam his power. and honestly, a killer that already gets to mostly ignore vaults/pallets and normal game flow should probably be less forgiving. unfortunately though we're in the era of the ghoul and new myers where killers aren't really expected to have a high level of skill expression anymore.

  • It's similar to a ghoul, low skill, very effective, and the survivors hate it; the prototype that loves behavior.

  • @Ghost77 said:

    It's similar to a ghoul, low skill, very effective, and the survivors hate it; the prototype that loves behavior.

    I enjoy going against Henry. Not sure why survivors would hate him. He's not OP his moves are very easy to dodge. Obviously you can't outrun a killer all match but isn't that the case with every killer.

    When i play him i get easy matches and i get hard matches. Survivors that drop pallets like i'm M1 killer and run straight lines make it easy for me. Survivors that look behind them and have game knowledge have made me lose multiple matches.

    I rather go against Henry anyday than skull merchant, knight or single Larry.

  • This killer is a free win if you have 2 braincells functioning. They need to nerf his speed while charging the vines otherwise he can catch up to you all the time with no downside and eventually hit since the aoe is big.

  • @Wyndsor said:

    He's literally just a modern Nurse.

    Player uses power on CD and tries to guess? Loopable and somewhat enjoyable.

    Player just walks you down until you're in sight and M2's on top of you? Chase is over in 10s.

    What ?

  • @Ghost77 said:

    It's similar to a ghoul, low skill, very effective, and the survivors hate it; the prototype that loves behavior.

    I missed the part where is his autoaim, ahh let me guess he doesnt have one does it and must hit his shots directly.

    What a ghoul like killer.

  • The first 10 matches I played against Vecna resulted in 39 deaths and 1 lucky player got a hatch escape.

    Usually when these sort of numbers come out, like when they over buffed Thrill of the Hunt a while back, I resort to full gen rush, Commodius and built to last or stake out, Hyperfocus type builds.

    This time though, since a lot of them have been using the hex build gong around, I've switched things up to Counterforce, Overzealous, Inner Strength, and whatever other perk I feel like take and a totem finding map. Has worked very well. Just smash through totems, have healing if I need it and gen speed boost. Even managed to escape the last two matches against him with a 3 and 4 escape.

    Other killers seem to be using hexes quite a bit as well at the moment so the build has been decent and has enough about it to help when no totems are in play.

    It isn't easy at all but it's another killer you really don't want to get caught in an open, dead part of the map against and I can see why people compare him to Nurse. Don't give up and keep trying stuff out against him is the way to go.

  • @Abbzy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/4052125#Comment_4052125

    I missed the part where is his autoaim, ahh let me guess he doesnt have one does it and must hit his shots directly.

    What a ghoul like killer.

    how dare you expose him!! RUDE!!

  • I agree on two things you mentioned. Firstly, I don't think he should be able to spam his Vine Attack. It's constant and has practically no cooldown. Imo the Vine Attack should 100% have a longer cooldown, but only by about 250 - 500ms.

    Secondly, I also agree that when in worldbreaker mode, using his Vine Attacks should make the timer move a little (but not take you out of worldbreaker mode entirely). This would prevent it from being spammed and force the Vecna to use his power a lot more carefully.

    The thing is, Vecna's power, due to his ability to spam it, is great for zoning. I've seen him compared to The Nurse a lot - walk down survivor until in LOS, and then drop power on their heads - but I'd argue his ability to zone survivors so effectively also makes him somewhat comparable to The Artist, which obviously, if a survivor is in her Dire Crow's flight path when she launches them they will be instantly injured, and knowing this you can use her ability to force survivors into a direction of your choosing.

    Hitting a survivor with Vecna's vine attack honestly isn't that difficult as long as you're patient with it. When Vecna is spamming it, it's safe to assume he's trying to drop it right on you, so you can look at him, take note of the direction he's looking with his red stain, and go the opposite direction. He needs to be balanced a little, sure, but I wouldn't say he's as strong as Nurse, just comparable to her. Vecna is 100% loopable as long as you're half decent at survivor (which I'm unfortunately not lol). I'd say he's high B - A tier, but definitely not up in S tier.

  • Best counter: slippery meat. Everytime I face this ugly killer I take my chances and make the game shorter, more so if they bring (like most do) a totem build. Cause is not annoying enough perma being in the upside down and doing those useless clocks.

  • i love going against him, hes actually fun

  • This content has been removed.
1 2 ›