How is everyone feeling about map offerings being gutted now? 👀

Survivors how are you feelings with map offerings being gutted now that you can’t choose Macmillan and Erie Of crows much anymore lol.

Scratch mirror myers mains how are you feeling?? No more Hawkins Lerys or Midwich??

This message is for everyone.

Comments

  • I like Myers. I don't play him myself anymore, but changes that hurt him make me sad. I'm personally having a moment of silence for Scratched Mirror Mikey. He didn't deserve this.

  • To be honest, I never offer a map offering because I think it gives too much of an advantage to the side that offered it. I prefer randomness at all times. HOWEVER, I've been playing this game for years and I've noticed that it occasionally gives beneficial maps to the killers. For example: a new nurse or one who isn't very good will almost certainly get a Wreckers' Yard, which is a small map that is beneficial to vision. How do I know they're new? They have very few playtimes. The question here is, why have I been assigned nurses who have so few playtimes? I'm not saying this makes them win easily, but it obviously benefits them. Another common example is that even with Myers using the Scratched Mirror addon, it's rare for the system not to give them closed maps... It's very common for the system to give them maps that give them a certain advantage if they have few hours or few skills. But it can also happen that they are dependent on offerings and this gives them an extreme advantage. But still, as someone who plays soloQ, I prefer randomness even if I feel like it doesn't exist. Hahahaha

  • As survivor I don't rly care… I don't need a specific map to do well in chase…

    As killer tho, I'm very happy, cause when you reached a specific point in the MMR brackets… you literally saw a map offering to the exact same 2 maps, EVERY… SINGLE… LOBBY. It was infuriating.

    This change was 100% a good thing, and I would even applaud further nerfs to it. I rather have a map system be completely random.

  • Dancing on their graves.

    I hated when my allies dropped map offerings, because I exclusively play solo queue and they didn't tend to make me any more likely to escape. They made the killer more likely to be ruthless, though.

    And, of course, killers could also play map offerings, and usually if they were, you were about to be in for a really nasty match.

    As a scratched mirror Myers, I'll miss going for jumpscare shenanigans. As a survivor, I won't miss it, because it felt like most Scratched Mirror Myers players I went up against were trying to play seriously and would get a hook and then proxy camp it with aura reading, which was really unfun to play against.

  • @Reinami said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3945602#Comment_3945602

    It already would since map offerings are usually to a realm. So you would be banning multiple maps already.

    Well there are realms that only have one map and only banning one map isn‘t worth it and you probably don‘t want to ban an entire realm either which only has like one map you don’t like.

  • I honestly find it annoying. You can still get screwed over by getting a bad map, the only difference is now it happens because you got unlucky.

    That being said, I know that map offerings were a problem. It was too easy for a group of players to give themselves a major advantage which wasn't fun to go against. Balancing maps to make sure that there isn't a single one that can give you an unfair advantage isn't realistic no matter who is making them for any game. But now we have the exact opposite problem where you realistically have no way of going where you want to go. Sacrificial wards already existed if you really didn't want to worry about map offerings (though, quick tangent, them getting countered by 4 of the same offering made no sense because the time you'd want to use them most is the time that's most likely going to happen. ie: coordinated teams).

    While yes, being forced to use wards every time to prevent this problem defeated the whole point of having a variety of offerings in the first place, but I don't think this new problem is much better.

    I think it's good that BHVR tried something new to solve a problem. But we should let them know that this is not how to do it.

  • I am sad as both a killer and survivor player. I liked being able to bring offerings for specific maps for specific builds. Sometimes I would purposefully go to The Game as a killer to try a pallet-chewing build. I would go to Hawkins as survivor for a stealth build with Lucky Break or go there with Windows of Opportunity. It makes me a little bummed bc I liked being able to do those things without being at the mercy of getting Nostromo Wreckage 20 flarkin’ times(I hate that map on either side).

  • I am torn. 20% increased chance feels like nothing. They might as well remove the offerings entirely.

    But I think it would be cool if a killer had by default an elevated chance of getting their "own" personal map.

  • one of the best changes in recent memory it was obvious when someone was gonna end up using a bs build with a survivor sided or killer sided map it just resulted in you knowing an awful time is about to happen before the match loaded in

  • Thank god, maybe now I can play something that isn't eerie, autohaven, or macmillan.

  • I’m personally fine with the change except for the fact that I love playing scratched mirror myers on occasion however I main huntress and I’m so happy that swfs can’t 100% send me to an indoor map…RPD ughhh utter pain 💀 its worth it even if I can’t send myself to cold wind farm. On the other hand I do wish they would just make maps have a RNG shuffle playlist so that you can’t get repeating maps and every match is a different map and the next shuffle once you’ve gone through them all would obviously be the same maps in a different order but this time the other variants of those maps. Instead of possibly being unlucky and getting toba landing 3 times in one day 🥲

  • As a survivor I needed them for generator achievements. As a killer I needed them for adept achievements, mainly so my addons weren't wasted. so in my opinion? I recon they kinda screwed the pooch on the whole thing.

    For offerings with single maps like RPD and midwitch it makes sense to drop them to 25% or something. for maps that have multiple maps on them, it’s punishing long-time players who have no desire to burn 100 offerings and not get a new map for its associated generator achievement.
    further explanation; before changes, there would have already been a 25% chance of getting ‘fallen refuge’ by burning ‘Ichorous loam’ offering, because it’s associated with fazbears, Greenville and garden of joy as well as fallen refuge now.
    Add the now 20% chance at getting that realm at all if you burn an offering,, and the math is then 25% divided by 20%. That equals a 1.5% chance at getting fallen refuge and even having a chance at escaping regardless, which because of the tunneling and hook camping that his been not fixed with a simple 15 seconds invisibility for the unhooked and person unhooking, is already nearly impossible.

    I spent about 25 hours over three days, and easily over 100 icorous loam offerings for this Fallen refuge map, got it after three days and thankfully got it first try- on one device.
    since then, It’s the same bs on my other device! I’ve spent now two days and about 16 hours (all of this between work 🤣) trying to get the fallen refuge map by burning offering after offering, I got the map once about an hour ago and got tunnelled out for even being near the generator. I get garden of joy all the time, I get Greenville all the time, and yet Ive had fazbears and fallen efuge one time on each devide over a combined total of over 40 hours.


    So to the devs, I actually hate you all right now for seemingly punishing long term players by making the easiest of achievements quite literally almost impossible to do now, by ruining the map tokens completely. and if you really wanted to fix tunneling, go with 15 seconds invisibility to hook and unhooked. None of that hidden scratch marks and blood stuff either, I want vecna’s body part invisibility for unhooking people, I want them to have invisibility but to be able to see me, and I want my 200 odd icorous loam offerings back too but I'll keep dreaming while I'm playing something else, waiting to see if you fix what you completely wrecked.

  • Game balance should never be affected by achievements. If map offerings are bad for game balance, they should be removed, or stay nerfed.

    There should never be a scenario where map offerings are made more powerful, just to help people get achievements, since that action would affect game balance.

  • Make an extra offering slot designed for maps so that more people bring them. Disallow duplicate map offerings in lobby. So every game you go to one of the 5 or less maps people brought or if less random.

  • @Deathwish4231 said:

    As a survivor I needed them for generator achievements. As a killer I needed them for adept achievements, mainly so my addons weren't wasted. so in my opinion? I recon they kinda screwed the pooch on the whole thing.

    For offerings with single maps like RPD and midwitch it makes sense to drop them to 25% or something. for maps that have multiple maps on them, it’s punishing long-time players who have no desire to burn 100 offerings and not get a new map for its associated generator achievement.
    further explanation; before changes, there would have already been a 25% chance of getting ‘fallen refuge’ by burning ‘Ichorous loam’ offering, because it’s associated with fazbears, Greenville and garden of joy as well as fallen refuge now.
    Add the now 20% chance at getting that realm at all if you burn an offering,, and the math is then 25% divided by 20%. That equals a 1.5% chance at getting fallen refuge and even having a chance at escaping regardless, which because of the tunneling and hook camping that his been not fixed with a simple 15 seconds invisibility for the unhooked and person unhooking, is already nearly impossible.

    I spent about 25 hours over three days, and easily over 100 icorous loam offerings for this Fallen refuge map, got it after three days and thankfully got it first try- on one device.
    since then, It’s the same bs on my other device! I’ve spent now two days and about 16 hours (all of this between work 🤣) trying to get the fallen refuge map by burning offering after offering, I got the map once about an hour ago and got tunnelled out for even being near the generator. I get garden of joy all the time, I get Greenville all the time, and yet Ive had fazbears and fallen efuge one time on each devide over a combined total of over 40 hours.


    So to the devs, I actually hate you all right now for seemingly punishing long term players by making the easiest of achievements quite literally almost impossible to do now, by ruining the map tokens completely. and if you really wanted to fix tunneling, go with 15 seconds invisibility to hook and unhooked. None of that hidden scratch marks and blood stuff either, I want vecna’s body part invisibility for unhooking people, I want them to have invisibility but to be able to see me, and I want my 200 odd icorous loam offerings back too but I'll keep dreaming while I'm playing something else, waiting to see if you fix what you completely wrecked.

    Honestly, I think a better solution would be to stop making the map specific achievements as arduous as they are, especially since each map added just makes them less attainable for the reasons you mentioned. Sadly can't adjust existing ones due to platform policies, but I don't consider it more important than how they were used in the past by a long shot though.

    Of course, the issue wouldn't exist if maps were balanced so 🤷‍♂️

  • @BbQz said:

    Make an extra offering slot designed for maps so that more people bring them. Disallow duplicate map offerings in lobby. So every game you go to one of the 5 or less maps people brought or if less random.

    TBH at that point, just remove the offerings so people aren't wasting BP/web clutter and just introduce a map vote system where all 5 players can blindly vote for a map, with duplicates being discarded. The problem would still be that survivors would be able to "hedge bets" to pick different survivor favored maps (then bring loadouts assuming it would be one of them,) so it would have to come with an unfortunate caveat like weighing the killer's vote to equal the weight of the combined survivors'. Not exactly ideal, and wouldn't really solve the issue of indoor vs outdoor and the effect that has depending on the killer, nor guarantee specific maps required for specific achievements.

    Cutting down offerings near guaranteeing maps was a start, but there are still legitimate issues for both sides that should be addressed with any further changes imo.

  • Its great to play on more maps than before, killers used killer sised maps and some indoors like mayers (but mayers wasnt problem) and survivors used survivor sided maps way more offten because one offering was guarantee for that map and even with the counter offering from killer there was chance you will still get the map survivor wanted now its more random which feels better not badham,erye,gaerdent and simular maps over and over not to mention surivors using farm map offering (coldwin) they kinda froze in time giving these old nowadys weaker maps for no reason.

  • I wish they would bring them back. I am so tired of playing the same maps all the time. The three maps I love to play in I hardly ever load into. Some times it's really nice to load into a map you enjoy. Find myself just not playing as long due to the maps I am now forced to play. I mean if you are the killer and you hate certain maps nullify it with an offering.

  • It was a great change, not being sent to the same maps over and over is the best

  • @Hexbadboy23 said:

    Survivors how are you feelings with map offerings being gutted now that you can’t choose Macmillan and Erie Of crows much anymore lol.

    Scratch mirror myers mains how are you feeling?? No more Hawkins Lerys or Midwich??

    This message is for everyone.

    I dont like it, it also seems cursed and pisses me off since BHVR changed the map rotation and gives RPD / Hawkins / Other less than favourable maps increased spawnrate, so not being able to counter that effectively is very annoying, i think it should just be reverted.

  • Honestly glad I had to run sac ward every game before

  • @pHANTOMpHREAK9P said:

    It's a terrible change, terrible. The game is now ACTIVELY LESS FUN for me and my friends. Coupled with the new crow system, and the broken going next prevention keeping you stuck on hook at end game, It's taken the wind right out of our sails.

    Map offerings were not the problem, specific map design was, and the new changes to map offerings make the game lesser for it.

    Removing map offerings removes the customization options my friends and I had that allowed us to create unique and silly experiences and have fun (the entire reason we're all here). We each have purchased hundreds of dollars worth of outfits for various characters, and we like to have the option to match our characters to a map for a more immersive and fun experience (helping to keep matches feel more fresh after all of this time).

    For example, we can say "It's cowboy time, pardner!" and switch to Rebecca in her old west outfit and another can pop on their Kate cowboy outfit, we can send ourselves to Dead Dawg, and now we're survivors running in the 'old west'. You can even bring bardic to play in the saloon (when not in chase or on gen) for that extra silly immersion.

    Same thing for "RESIDENT EVIL TIME!!" and all four of us can pop into one of our multiple RE characters and all of their extra player cosmetics and one of us would use RPD to guarantee we get to run around RPD as "S.T.A.R.S. squad". OR if we were really lucky, unbeknownst to us, killers would sometimes switch to Wesker or Nemi in the lobby and choose to send US to RPD for a fun complete RE themed match (which was always an amazing surprise when it happened). With this new system we just keep using RPD offerings and for map after map we are just four RE jackasses running around Midwich or Autohaven. Even the Weskers look disappointed when we all load into Lampkin Lane instead of RPD.

    Without the map offerings, ALL OF THOSE FUN SCENARIOS AND MORE ARE DEAD AND GONE. Those were just a few examples, we had a bunch of outfits and perk combos like a Yui, Feng, Yun-Jin squad running around Yamaoka in traditional dress for all of us (if we get an Oni, it was even better), etc, now ALL OF THOSE MOMENTS ARE GONE (like tears in the rain).

    The game is less fun to play now, they removed a game mechanic that allowed variation and creativity in customization of play. Why would you want to limit the player's ability to create scenarios for fun among friends?

    I have 2100+ hours and for the first time EVER last night in chat our friend group talked about walking away from the game and what we might look to replace it with. I never thought that feeling would arrive and so quickly, it was a gut punch. Everyone talked about how the FNAF chapter was going to be the next rebirth of this game, so far it's been a giant step backwards for creativity and customization for fun.

    Combined with the new "AFK & going next prevention" mechanics, I feel the game now punishes my friends and I for wanting to deviate from what is determined as "the preferred and optimal play style of survivors". It now holds us hostage in a match, wasting our and others time. It doesn't make me want to play, it makes me go, "why is the game forcing me to play a certain way and punishing me for not? I'm not having fun, why am I playing this if I'm not having fun?"

    Why does every match have to be so rigidly controlled? Why can't it be messy or silly? You win some, you lose some. It really feels like recent gameplay changes and the vocal diehard members of the community are constantly trying to force players to streamline every match, so it looks like comp play with no room for deviation from the preferred play styles.

    My friend group were all waiting and planning to buy a bunch of outfits during the anniversary event, but there is way less of an incentive to buy at all if we can't also customize our match to create a theme anymore, and that's just money out of their pockets."

    We love this game, I have made lifelong friends through it, but we are all not fans of the direction the game mechanics are trending. It feels like change for change's sake. I wanted to share our opinion on this from the perspective of a player group who have put a lot of time into the game and share a scenario where map offerings were truly essential to creating a fun gaming experience unique to DBD and not used for random griefing, as some are quick to say.

    I'm late, but I just wanted to agree with this. The people who lose on the map offerings are the sweat kings who will always find new ways to exploit things to make the game toxic.

    But the game is now less FUN. I wanted to go to Vecna's level at the Knight with Insidious and just freeze in place as one of the suits of armour in his lair, and wait for survivors to figure it out. Saw it on a video and it tickled me.

    Can't do it now though…

    And jumpscare killers are my favourite. I liked playing pig with Amanda's letter in an indoor map like the science facility and just roar at people as they walk past a door.

    Yes it's a game that needs to be kept fair. Yes sweaty bully swfs and exploiting killers need curbing because getting smashed at a disadvantage is a toxic experience.

    But why do we always have to lose fun for the sake of the anti social personality disorder players?

  • I am happy that as a killer i can't be sent with 100% chance to Eerye, RPD or Garden of Joy.

    As survivor i'm also happy that i'm not going to Midwich against Nurse, Trapper, Skull Merchant and Hag because the killer burnt an offering.

    Changing map offering were one of the healthiest updates this game ever had. Maybe the devs could change map offering into map ban offerings - you won't be going for that realm if you burn the offering - to give some better usage to map offerings.

    Anyway, a BIG FAT W for the game the maps offerings change.

  • @MoZo said:

    Happy because the devs replaced the S tier map offerings with a new S tier offering being the shroud of separation. Words cannot express how insane of an advantage this offering gives survivors AND its secret too.

    Fortunately people are sleeping on this offering. Hope the devs rework the spawn offerings in a near future.

1 2 ›