LMAO Distortion. I almost played a game as Perkless Huntress.

image.png

I knew Distortion is quite common nowadays, so that's why I also brought Gearhead to hopefully burn through all the stacks.

But guessed what, it was a map of Hawkins, and I only saw the Auras THREE TIMES in the entire game. Both of them were Claudette, so I was forced to tunnel her out.

So here comes the question. Isn't Distortion a little bit too strong? Three of my perks get denied by a single Survivor perk, just like that.

PS: I kinda hate slowdown perks, so I always go for perks that provide information. But if that information can be denied this easily, it really does make sense why every Killer goes for Slowdown perks :(

Edit: I got 4k because Survivors really didn't play well. This is the prove that I'm literally a trash Huntress.

image.png

Comments

  • @C3Tooth said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3711053#Comment_3711053

    I dont find any problem with Distortion on killer side. I dont need aura perk to find survivors, and using aura perk shows aura of 1-2 survivors who dont use Distortion lead to tunneling which is strong against survivors, even if you dont want to tunnel. Even if all 4 survivor use Distortion, its one perk against their 4.

    On survivor side, it punishes survivors who dont use Distortion real hard. The image OP posted showed it, they had the lowest score. Distortion doesnt need a nerf on its strength, but rather how it works. It can simply gain token in chase, or only hide aura if you have the most hook count.

    I agree that Distortion isn't that much of an issue. It's the fact that there is nothing really worth while running besides slow down and aura, and aura has a counter play so there's less reason to run it and more reason to go full slowdown.

    They don't need to change Distortion at all really, just give killers more reasons to not run full slow down.

    But yeah having it gain tokens through chase would be good for reducing the tunnel part of it.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3711000#Comment_3711000

    Because being skilled can prevent those gen perks from activating. Being skilled on killer doesn't prevent Distortion from blocking the aura perks.

    You can be skilled on killer and not need those aura perks, but being skilled enough to need them is not the same as being skilled enough to counter the perk itself. Those are two very different things.

    Like I generally never run aura perks because as we're talking about, you can become skilled enough to where they seem redundant as you have good situational awareness to generally know where survivors are. But the point is turning perks off, not being skilled enough to not need them.

    Because being skilled can prevent those gen perks from activating. Being skilled on killer doesn't prevent Distortion from blocking the aura perks.

    No amount of skill will prevent a Pain Res or a Pop from going off.

    You're seriously telling us that it's feasible for survivors to not get downed at all out of sheer skill? The skill discrepancy required for something like that to happen makes this situation extremely rare. Not even professional teams manage to leave the game without getting hooked once consistently enough for this to be considered even remotely an option.

    And if you think that's actually possible, I'd ask you to please show us a 5 run streak vs those perks where you never get hooked once and the perks never go off.

  • @Eelanos said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3711005#Comment_3711005

    Because being skilled can prevent those gen perks from activating. Being skilled on killer doesn't prevent Distortion from blocking the aura perks.

    No amount of skill will prevent a Pain Res or a Pop from going off.

    You're seriously telling us that it's feasible for survivors to not get downed at all out of sheer skill? The skill discrepancy required for something like that to happen makes this situation extremely rare. Not even professional teams manage to leave the game without getting hooked once consistently enough for this to be considered even remotely an option.

    And if you think that's actually possible, I'd ask you to please show us a 5 run streak vs those perks where you never get hooked once and the perks never go off.

    You’re taking my statement too literally. By that statement the point was that you can severely reduce both those perks activation occurrences if your skilled, not literal zero. The statement was said in comparison to distortion which is literal zero reductions in its activations regardless of how skilled you are. I didn’t think I needed to be that literal for the point to be delivered without getting into semantics.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3711030#Comment_3711030

    Hold up, why's NWO in that list? Surely if survivors are skilled enough to cancel PGTW and Pain Res, they're skilled enough to cancel NWO?

    Because regardless of hooks NWO still has a base activation amount. It’s not entirely reliant on doing well to get decent value.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3711105#Comment_3711105

    You’re taking my statement too literally. By that statement the point was that you can severely reduce both those perks activation occurrences if your skilled, not literal zero. The statement was said in comparison to distortion which is literal zero reductions in its activations regardless of how skilled you are. I didn’t think I needed to be that literal for the point to be delivered without getting into semantics.

    And what's the amount of skill required from the Killer's side to activate aura perks like Lethal, Nowhere to Hide, Ultimate Weapon, Dissolution etc…? Spawning into match and pressing space?

    So it's "skill-less" for survivors to have Distortion to protect themselves from being revealed every other minute and it's an issue but Killers deserve to know your exact location on demand without any expression of skill and it's a no-issue? That's such a double standard.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3711058#Comment_3711058

    Because regardless of hooks NWO still has a base activation amount. It’s not entirely reliant on doing well to get decent value.

    'Getting at least one hook' is not 'doing well' in my book either.

  • @Venusa said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3711109#Comment_3711109

    And what's the amount of skill required from the Killer's side to activate aura perks like Lethal, Nowhere to Hide, Ultimate Weapon, Dissolution etc…? Spawning into match and pressing space?

    So it's "skill-less" for survivors to have Distortion to protect themselves from being revealed every other minute and it's an issue but Killers deserve to know your exact location on demand without any expression of skill and it's a no-issue? That's such a double standard.

    It’s not a double standard, you’re jumping to conclusions. I hold the same standard for both sides. The negatives attached to perks can be multiple things, not just skill related. For example, the perks you listed. They have downsides or negatives attached to them. Wasting time opening lockers or kicking gen, requiring them to be in your TR which limits the use cases, requiring stacking aura perks and giving up gen regression slots to get full value ect. Now there are some perks that have no costs/negatives/skill requirement ect that break these fundamental rules but those perks are usually a weaker effect to compensate for said free value.

    So even though I think most the perks you just listed are bad examples as they do generally have costs attached there are others you didn’t mention that do fail to follow this rule but are tuned in power accordingly. So the real issue is high power and no cost/negative/skill requirement, when they come together. The two sides aren’t balanced accordingly.

    There some perks like Distortion even for killer mind you, that are badly balanced this way as well and I would change those too. Two right off the top of my head being Deadlock and NOED.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3711113#Comment_3711113

    'Getting at least one hook' is not 'doing well' in my book either.

    agreed it’s just normal gameplay and it’s not all that skillful

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3711113#Comment_3711113

    'Getting at least one hook' is not 'doing well' in my book either.

    I never said it was. All I said was it gave free value.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3711128#Comment_3711128

    I never said it was. All I said was it gave free value.

    No, but you do say you need to be playing well to get value from things like PGTW. And 'getting a hook' is not a high enough bar to pass to warrant it being called 'doing well'.

  • Distortion's effect is fine, it just needs to actually take longer to regain stacks. I run the perk a lot on survivor and have almost never actually run out of stacks, even when the killer has multiple forms of aura-reading. It really defeats the point in even having stacks when it might as well just be a perma-effect with how it currently works.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3711135#Comment_3711135

    No, but you do say you need to be playing well to get value from things like PGTW. And 'getting a hook' is not a high enough bar to pass to warrant it being called 'doing well'.

    I never said "getting a hook" was "doing well".

  • @Krazzik said:

    Distortion's effect is fine, it just needs to actually take longer to regain stacks. I run the perk a lot on survivor and have almost never actually run out of stacks, even when the killer has multiple forms of aura-reading. It really defeats the point in even having stacks when it might as well just be a perma-effect with how it currently works.

    Yeah that's what I was thinking as well.

  • @vBlossom_ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3710881#Comment_3710881

    including Survivor Meta.

    Could you name some perks that are crutches to survivors right now?

    I'll gladly equip them in my build, as I don't see anything with such synergy as, for example, this:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/RDVRUT7MXCSM/image.png

    Or some perks that are just busted, such as old Ultimate Weapon or Nowhere to Hide.

    Unless you think it's good that high mobility killers can just open the locker or kick the gen and see everyone in their terror radius.

    UW has a 60s cooldown and is countered by OTR/distortion, and NWH is affected by the gen kick limit and is deleted by survivors prerunning.

  • Id rather have 4 people with distorsion every game than a single old dead hard

  • @Lost_Boy said:

    I often run 3 aura perks and it's safe to say after hundreds of games that distortion will block & refresh charges at a faster rate than I can burn through. Its very common to go the whole match and not see the person running distortion.

    I'm not sure if there's another perk in the game that can effectively shut down 3 perks for a single slot for the entire match.

    Lightborn counters Flash Bang, all flashlight perks and flashlights themselves.

    MindBreaker counters all aura perks AND exhaustion perks.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3710999#Comment_3710999

    Knowing how to find survivors is also a skill. You're drawing up the flimsiest distinctions here.

    Distortion does nothing if you find them anyway, so why would 'git gud' not apply here?

    by this sort of logic being tunneled is a skill issue because you didnt loop the killer hard enough.

  • @Seraphor said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3710912#Comment_3710912

    I do generally think that complaints about Distortion are overblown, but there is something to be said about lone wolf survivors who hide all game at the expense of their teammates.

    While it should still be a 'viable tactic', like all of these things it shouldn't be too strong with no risk, and Distortion can make it too reliable.

    So I'd be down for changing the recharge condition to 'in chase' rather than just 'in the killers terror radius', so that as a survivor you're compensated for killer engagement one moment, with stealth afterwards, providing some risk-reward management and basically functioning as a loose anti-tunnel perk rather than just an 'anti-gameplay' perk. If that results in a too significantly lower recharge rate then up it to 4 tokens.

    And i do generally believe that the complaints of distortion players are overblown. Just because a survivor is able to stealth while contributing to gens and even saving others without getting detected by killer does not mean they are doing nothing "all match."

  • That is what you're saying when you say that NWO has a baseline value and doesn't require you to do well, in contrast to pop and pain res.

    @caligraph said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3711000#Comment_3711000

    by this sort of logic being tunneled is a skill issue because you didnt loop the killer hard enough.

    Do you... know what tunnelling is?

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3711143#Comment_3711143

    That is what you're saying when you say that NWO has a baseline value and doesn't require you to do well, in contrast to pop and pain res.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3711172#Comment_3711172

    Do you... know what tunnelling is?

    That is not what I'm saying by that statement.

  • @vBlossom_ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3711005#Comment_3711005

    Because being skilled can prevent those gen perks from activating. 

    And what I can do if random don't equip Distortion, so they are chased first, they get down before first gen is done, this gen has PR applied to it, then Grim Embrace and killer run towards that blocked gen to then apply Pop to it?

    My teammate is on hook, my gen lost -25%, now it's blocked and potentially it could be regressed further via pop.

    Where is mine skill in this equation, am I missing something? How could I prevent this? What should I do?

    worst is when they dc after being found first or down fast and am like then why not bring distortion in the first place. Ugh solo q hence why i just only swf 95% of times.

  • Jeez, people sure get worked up over Distortion users. Everybody is quick to fall back and swear by their anecdotal negative confirmation bias of "Distortion gaming" but conveniently never mention the heroes that use their Distortion to Bob and weave past these info perks to go for a ballsy rescue because the killer, most likely a Huntress or Wraith, is proxy camping the unhook because wverybodys injured and mangled and is securing the 2nd stage with Ultimate Weapon or whatever.

    Too many times people try to position themselves to make a play but they catch a stray Nowhere to Hide. The fact that people handwave this perk off as only a perk for immersed and selfish people is rather disappointing.

    Fact is, there is no other perk like Distortion for risk taking, ballsy objective go getters. The initiative takers. We used to have 100% Iron Will, but that's gone now so now we only have Distortion. And auras have only gotten more ubiquitous since Iron Wills nerf

  • Too much aura reading perks in this game.

  • @OmegaXII said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/FCJLVTXQM1W3/image.png

    I knew Distortion is quite common nowadays, so that's why I also brought Gearhead to hopefully burn through all the stacks.

    But guessed what, it was a map of Hawkins, and I only saw the Auras THREE TIMES in the entire game. Both of them were Claudette, so I was forced to tunnel her out.

    So here comes the question. Isn't Distortion a little bit too strong? Three of my perks get denied by a single Survivor perk, just like that.

    PS: I kinda hate slowdown perks, so I always go for perks that provide information. But if that information can be denied this easily, it really does make sense why every Killer goes for Slowdown perks :(

    Edit: I got 4k because Survivors really didn't play well. This is the prove that I'm literally a trash Huntress.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/LYHUBH94RQD6/image.png

    Don’t listen to any of these survivors they are all very biased, distortion is WAAAAY overturned. ONE PERK should NOT COUNTER FOUR. I played against a 4 man distortion squad while I had 4 aura perks and after 9 hooks got ZERO AURA READS! Because distortion tells you exactly what perks the killer has and they hid in lockers whenever I hooked etc.

    There are only TWO perks in the game where the aura read can consume two stacks and that’s Hex Retribution (15 seconds) of aura read after a hex is cleansed and bitter mumur, after the last gen is completed all survivors auras are revealed for 10 seconds (12 with lethal)

    Distortion could have its aura read negation set to 6 seconds instead of 10 and it would still counter almost every single perk except when combined with lethal. Survivors will also say “if you don’t bring any aura reads, then I just have a wasted perk slot.” But if I bring full aura and you have distortion I have NONE.

    And then they complain about 4 slowdown? Like HELLO!?! SLOWDOWN PERKS DON’T GET CANCELED BY ONE PERK! You don’t want me to use slowdown, you don’t want me to use aura so what should I use?!? Unrelenting? Is that okay?! Or should I just use zero perks? Should I even try to kill survivors? The truth is if there were no Gen slowdown perks or aura reading perks at all they would complain perks like bamboozle.

    It doesn’t matter at the end of the day. I still won my match because I tunneled at 5 gens. Me running zero slowdown because survivors hate it was a mercy and then you bring one perk that negates all 4 of mine. Mercy is dead.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @vBlossom_ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3711529#Comment_3711529

    ONE PERK should NOT COUNTER FOUR

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/A0I1656Y3QO0/image.png

    ^ This perk counters more or less:

    • Sprint Burst - hard counter,
    • Lithe - hard counter,
    • Dead Hard - hard counter,
    • Background Player - hard counter,
    • Balanced Landing - hard counter,
    • Dramaturgy - hard counter,
    • Head On - hard counter,
    • Iron Will - hard counter,
    • Overcome - hard counter,
    • Smash Hit - hard counter,
    • Bond - hard counter,
    • Aftercare - hard counter,
    • Alert - hard counter,
    • Any Means Necessary - soft counter, survivors won't see the pallets,
    • Better Together - hard counter,
    • Blood Pact - hard counter,
    • Circle of Healing - soft counter, survivors won't see injured survivors,
    • Deja Vu - soft counter, survivors won't see other gens,
    • Detective's Hunch - hard counter,
    • Empathy - hard counter,
    • Fogwise - hard counter,
    • Inner Focus - hard counter,
    • Kindred - hard counter,
    • Object of Obsession - makes this perk only give value to killer,
    • Open-Minded - hard counter
    • Plunderer - hard counter
    • Rookie Spirit - hard counter
    • Samoteur - soft counter, won't see hooks,
    • Windows of Opportunity - hard counter

    If you wanted to find a similar perk for comparison, Mindbreaker ain't it.

    Survivors have to be doing a gen or was doing a gen a few seconds ago to be debuffed from the perk. If a Survivor was going for a hook save, healing a Survivor or even just standing still afk, Mindbreaker doesn't do anything.

    Distortion on the other hand blocks the entire instance of aura reading, be it 2 or 8 seconds. Regardless of the Survivor being on a gen, healing or being afk, they get value as long as they have tokens and the recharge condition being stand near the Killer as long as they have a terror radius.


    If Mindbreaker was that big of a counter perk, why aren't people using or complaining about it? It's because the effects of Mindbreaker last for a short time and only matters if the Killer found you within 5 seconds of doing a gen. The only hard countered perk regardless of situation is Fogwise

  • Your question is "Is distortion too strong in a game based on HIDE & SEEK???". Umm, No. The fact that everyone needs it because full aura is ridiculous but people still strap em all on is the problem. You should not be able to just see your opponent the entire match in a game of hide and seek. Try getting some skills. learn the different roles and play the game. These crutch perks are why killers have no integrity, stamina or skill anymore.

  • I dont find getting aura being seen all the time is huge problems, it make mindless in finding survivor yes, just like survivors using WoO.

    Thing is high speed killer can reach to a survivor and start the chase, and the aura is still working. That aura is no more "finding a survivor" tool, it becomes "wall hack"

  • @Blueberry said:

    Distortion is unhealthy design in its current state. We want to encourage killers away from just stacking 4 slow downs but Distortions existence encourages it. It reduces the perk diversity we currently have which is already very low as it is.

    Think of it this way. What if killers had a perk that just 100% turned off all Exhaustion perks? Is that fine? Like the logic most people are using to defend Distortion, well if the survivors don't bring an Exhaustion perk then the killers perk is a wasted slot as well now so it's totally fine right? See how that logic doesn't go both ways?

    No one would be okay with a killer perk that 100% turned off Exhaustion perks, but are totally fine with a survivor perk that 100% turns off Aura perks.

    Yep, this is the answer. Everyone defending this terribly designed perk just won't admit it.

    Is it op? Not quite.
    Is it extremely unfair? Yes.

    Killer perk that turns off all items, all exhaustion, all healing. Anything. People would throw the largest fit ever.

    But killer aura reading, something that's not really that strong it's ok for.

  • @HexHuntressThighs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/412841/lmao-distortion-i-almost-played-a-game-as-perkless-huntress

    Don’t listen to any of these survivors they are all very biased, distortion is WAAAAY overturned. ONE PERK should NOT COUNTER FOUR. I played against a 4 man distortion squad while I had 4 aura perks and after 9 hooks got ZERO AURA READS! Because distortion tells you exactly what perks the killer has and they hid in lockers whenever I hooked etc.

    There are only TWO perks in the game where the aura read can consume two stacks and that’s Hex Retribution (15 seconds) of aura read after a hex is cleansed and bitter mumur, after the last gen is completed all survivors auras are revealed for 10 seconds (12 with lethal)

    Distortion could have its aura read negation set to 6 seconds instead of 10 and it would still counter almost every single perk except when combined with lethal. Survivors will also say “if you don’t bring any aura reads, then I just have a wasted perk slot.” But if I bring full aura and you have distortion I have NONE.

    And then they complain about 4 slowdown? Like HELLO!?! SLOWDOWN PERKS DON’T GET CANCELED BY ONE PERK! You don’t want me to use slowdown, you don’t want me to use aura so what should I use?!? Unrelenting? Is that okay?! Or should I just use zero perks? Should I even try to kill survivors? The truth is if there were no Gen slowdown perks or aura reading perks at all they would complain perks like bamboozle.

    It doesn’t matter at the end of the day. I still won my match because I tunneled and slugged at 5 gens. Me running zero slowdown because survivors hate it was a mercy and then you bring one perk that negates all 4 of mine. Mercy is dead.

    Don’t listen to any of these survivors they are all very biased, distortion is WAAAAY overturned. ONE PERK should NOT COUNTER FOUR. I played against a 4 man distortion squad while I had 4 aura perks and after 9 hooks got ZERO AURA READS! Because distortion tells you exactly what perks the killer has and they hid in lockers whenever I hooked etc.

    Sounds like lockers did most of the heavy lifting, huh?

    It doesn’t matter at the end of the day. I still won my match because I tunneled and slugged at 5 gens. Me running zero slowdown because survivors hate it was a mercy and then you bring one perk that negates all 4 of mine. Mercy is dead.

    'This perk is insanely OP, so I decided to just choose to win against it.'

    Because apparently it's not overtuned enough to actually make a difference.

  • @Brimp said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3710648#Comment_3710648

    DH is FAR from nerfed into the ground and MFT got a well deserved requirement for a powerful effect. Distortion most of the time only enforces the idea for the killer to camp/tunnel because on average I find distortion users to just immerse most of the match whenever they hear a hint of terror radius. Distortion also supplies information like if the killer has I'm all Ears, Lethal or BBQ. And the very small requirement of being in a terror radius to recharge stacks…. It's so wide spread that killers that want to use aura reading just really can't because 2/4 survivor run a perk that actively COUNTERS 80+ aura reading addons/perks.

    The perk is just plain overtuned. Move the requirement to get tokens back to chase time instead of incentivizing immersing inside a terror radius or hell make it start with 0 stacks.

    Having distortion recharge during chase is a terrible idea. That's basicly saying the killer is entitled to a free down/hook on you in a game of hide and seek, because you will eventually go down during a chase most of the time.


    If anything, make distortion regain tokens by progressing the game. Like gens, healing, cleansing/blessing totems and maybe chase as well. But not only chase as a requirement to regain stacks.

    But personally, I don't think distortion needs a nerf, at all.

    EDIT: And I personally think that playing stealthy is also a legit strategy inside this game. Just like it is a legit strategy to camp or tunnel. We can make all gameplay styles just like one way to play the game, but then the game will go dull and people will leave the game.

  • @vBlossom_ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3711529#Comment_3711529

    ONE PERK should NOT COUNTER FOUR

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/A0I1656Y3QO0/image.png

    ^ This perk counters more or less:

    • Sprint Burst - hard counter,
    • Lithe - hard counter,
    • Dead Hard - hard counter,
    • Background Player - hard counter,
    • Balanced Landing - hard counter,
    • Dramaturgy - hard counter,
    • Head On - hard counter,
    • Iron Will - hard counter,
    • Overcome - hard counter,
    • Smash Hit - hard counter,
    • Bond - hard counter,
    • Aftercare - hard counter,
    • Alert - hard counter,
    • Any Means Necessary - soft counter, survivors won't see the pallets,
    • Better Together - hard counter,
    • Blood Pact - hard counter,
    • Circle of Healing - soft counter, survivors won't see injured survivors,
    • Deja Vu - soft counter, survivors won't see other gens,
    • Detective's Hunch - hard counter,
    • Empathy - hard counter,
    • Fogwise - hard counter,
    • Inner Focus - hard counter,
    • Kindred - hard counter,
    • Object of Obsession - makes this perk only give value to killer,
    • Open-Minded - hard counter
    • Plunderer - hard counter
    • Rookie Spirit - hard counter
    • Samoteur - soft counter, won't see hooks,
    • Windows of Opportunity - hard counter

    You can let go of the generator as killer approaches to SB/keep 1-2s on the timer to SB mid chase, WoO still shows you what is used before going on the gen/aura reading comes back 5s into chase, Head-On is largely unaffected as it requires 3s of being immobile in a locker and 2s of walking/pallet break/etc is not hard to accomplish, etc.

    If you think Fearmonger 'hard counters' all those perks, you may want to re-evaluate your gameplay while it is in play.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @vBlossom_ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3711683#Comment_3711683

    If you are exhausted for 40 seconds after using exhaustion perk, this effect stays at 40 seconds, so you won't be able to always, as you said

     SB/keep 1-2s on the timer to SB mid chase,

    If you run back to a gen at 40s exhaustion, the killer has lost or abandoned the chase and you've already gotten value from your 'hard countered' perk.

  • @vBlossom_ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3711529#Comment_3711529

    ONE PERK should NOT COUNTER FOUR

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/A0I1656Y3QO0/image.png

    ^ This perk counters more or less:

    • Sprint Burst - hard counter,
    • Lithe - hard counter,
    • Dead Hard - hard counter,
    • Background Player - hard counter,
    • Balanced Landing - hard counter,
    • Dramaturgy - hard counter,
    • Head On - hard counter,
    • Iron Will - hard counter,
    • Overcome - hard counter,
    • Smash Hit - hard counter,
    • Bond - hard counter,
    • Aftercare - hard counter,
    • Alert - hard counter,
    • Any Means Necessary - soft counter, survivors won't see the pallets,
    • Better Together - hard counter,
    • Blood Pact - hard counter,
    • Circle of Healing - soft counter, survivors won't see injured survivors,
    • Deja Vu - soft counter, survivors won't see other gens,
    • Detective's Hunch - hard counter,
    • Empathy - hard counter,
    • Fogwise - hard counter,
    • Inner Focus - hard counter,
    • Kindred - hard counter,
    • Object of Obsession - makes this perk only give value to killer,
    • Open-Minded - hard counter
    • Plunderer - hard counter
    • Rookie Spirit - hard counter
    • Samoteur - soft counter, won't see hooks,
    • Windows of Opportunity - hard counter

    The majority of the perks listed as hard countered work completely fine if you get off the gen for 6 seconds. WoO is a chase perk so unless the survivor is lasting less than six seconds then mindbreaker has 0 effect, etc etc

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3711529#Comment_3711529

    Don’t listen to any of these survivors they are all very biased, distortion is WAAAAY overturned. ONE PERK should NOT COUNTER FOUR. I played against a 4 man distortion squad while I had 4 aura perks and after 9 hooks got ZERO AURA READS! Because distortion tells you exactly what perks the killer has and they hid in lockers whenever I hooked etc.

    Sounds like lockers did most of the heavy lifting, huh?

    It doesn’t matter at the end of the day. I still won my match because I tunneled and slugged at 5 gens. Me running zero slowdown because survivors hate it was a mercy and then you bring one perk that negates all 4 of mine. Mercy is dead.

    'This perk is insanely OP, so I decided to just choose to win against it.'

    Because apparently it's not overtuned enough to actually make a difference.

    The lockers did do the heavy lifting so they can EASILY nerf it down to 6 seconds and it would change nothing except for giving 1 second aura reads here and there.

    And your second point is irrelevant because no perks are good enough to stop a killer from winning if they tunnel someone out immediately. If distortion hits your aura for the whole game it still wouldn’t save them but is clearly overtuned. Just like MFT.

    killer perks are supposed to be stronger. It’s 4 perks vs 16.

  • @HexHuntressThighs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3711567#Comment_3711567

    The lockers did do the heavy lifting so they can EASILY nerf it down to 6 seconds and it would change nothing except for giving 1 second aura reads here and there.

    And your second point is irrelevant because no perks are good enough to stop a killer from winning if they tunnel someone out immediately. If distortion hits your aura for the whole game it still wouldn’t save them but is clearly overtuned. Just like MFT.

    killer perks are supposed to be stronger. It’s 4 perks vs 16.

    You haven't shown how it's overtuned, though. You've only shown that it's trivial to overcome, which is kinda the opposite.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3711747#Comment_3711747

    You haven't shown how it's overtuned, though. You've only shown that it's trivial to overcome, which is kinda the opposite.

    It’s overtuned because it can block 4 killer perks at once. Almost No other killer perks can be blocked at all. Distortion should definitely exist but it does not need 10 seconds of aura read negation. 10 seconds is overturned because 6 seconds still blocks every aura read except a few. Either that or leave it at 10 seconds and make survivors unable to see how many tokens they have so they can’t figure out the killers build and hide in lockers. You can just have it lit up when you have stacks and dark when it’s empty.

    Distortion currently can: Block 4 Killer perks at once, tell you exactly what perks the killer has, tell you what add ons the killer has, hides scratch marks and pools of blood for 10 seconds AND allows you to gain tokens IN CHASE (even pebble doesn’t recharge in chase and pebble is objectively weaker)

    THAT is overtuned. I’m tired of people complaining about 4 slowdowns and when I use a full aura read build to spare them from 4 slowdowns I get punished heavily if even 2 survivors have distortion. There is no incentive to NOT use 4 slowdowns because they can’t be blocked, it’s guaranteed value and you don’t have to worry about a perk countering them.

  • @caligraph said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3711539#Comment_3711539

    The majority of the perks listed as hard countered work completely fine if you get off the gen for 6 seconds. WoO is a chase perk so unless the survivor is lasting less than six seconds then mindbreaker has 0 effect, etc etc

    Some people are just playing a different game.

  • @vBlossom_ said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3711529#Comment_3711529

    ONE PERK should NOT COUNTER FOUR

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/A0I1656Y3QO0/image.png

    ^ This perk counters more or less:

    • Sprint Burst - hard counter,
    • Lithe - hard counter,
    • Dead Hard - hard counter,
    • Background Player - hard counter,
    • Balanced Landing - hard counter,
    • Dramaturgy - hard counter,
    • Head On - hard counter,
    • Iron Will - hard counter,
    • Overcome - hard counter,
    • Smash Hit - hard counter,
    • Bond - hard counter,
    • Aftercare - hard counter,
    • Alert - hard counter,
    • Any Means Necessary - soft counter, survivors won't see the pallets,
    • Better Together - hard counter,
    • Blood Pact - hard counter,
    • Circle of Healing - soft counter, survivors won't see injured survivors,
    • Deja Vu - soft counter, survivors won't see other gens,
    • Detective's Hunch - hard counter,
    • Empathy - hard counter,
    • Fogwise - hard counter,
    • Inner Focus - hard counter,
    • Kindred - hard counter,
    • Object of Obsession - makes this perk only give value to killer,
    • Open-Minded - hard counter
    • Plunderer - hard counter
    • Rookie Spirit - hard counter
    • Samoteur - soft counter, won't see hooks,
    • Windows of Opportunity - hard counter

    No survivor runs 4 exhaustion perks at once so you can go ahead and remove all exhaustion perks except one.

    As for all the other perks blindness wears off in 5 seconds so you’ll get all of your aura reading back before the killer even gets to you. So it doesn’t counter any of them except

    So no Fearmonger doesn’t counter 4 survivor perks at once. Distortion completely negates 4 aura reading perks to where you get zero value. Meanwhile Fearmonger negates 5 seconds of aura reading 99% of which perks last either A much longer than 5 seconds or B the blindness will have worn off by the time you use it.

  • I believe the problem is in the way how you in gain the extra charges, changing this to recharge only during a chase could solve most of the unpleasant points.

    Players would not be encouraged to engage in selfish gameplay, would not benefit bad players by doing nothing, and it would seem fairer in the eyes of the killer.

  • @HexHuntressThighs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3711762#Comment_3711762

    It’s overtuned because it can block 4 killer perks at once. Almost No other killer perks can be blocked at all. Distortion should definitely exist but it does not need 10 seconds of aura read negation. 10 seconds is overturned because 6 seconds still blocks every aura read except a few. Either that or leave it at 10 seconds and make survivors unable to see how many tokens they have so they can’t figure out the killers build and hide in lockers. You can just have it lit up when you have stacks and dark when it’s empty.

    Distortion currently can: Block 4 Killer perks at once, tell you exactly what perks the killer has, tell you what add ons the killer has, hides scratch marks and pools of blood for 10 seconds AND allows you to gain tokens IN CHASE (even pebble doesn’t recharge in chase and pebble is objectively weaker)

    THAT is overtuned. I’m tired of people complaining about 4 slowdowns and when I use a full aura read build to spare them from 4 slowdowns I get punished heavily if even 2 survivors have distortion. There is no incentive to NOT use 4 slowdowns because they can’t be blocked, it’s guaranteed value and you don’t have to worry about a perk countering them.

    It’s overtuned because it can block 4 killer perks at once.

    It takes four to block those perks, not one and it can only do so because all those perks share the same function. Forced Penance can block 16 perks, is that overtuned too?

     I’m tired of people complaining about 4 slowdowns and when I use a full aura read build to spare them from 4 slowdowns I get punished heavily if even 2 survivors have distortion.

    A) You have options beyond ALL slowdown and ALL aura reading.

    B) You hardly get punished it seems, considering you wiped the floor with them.

    What you're overall suggesting is to give a nerf to a perk that is, categorically, not OP, because your wonk build got countered. If that's the case, I want to be able to heal through broken if I have four healing perks.

  • @Firellius said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3711788#Comment_3711788

    It’s overtuned because it can block 4 killer perks at once.

    It takes four to block those perks, not one and it can only do so because all those perks share the same function. Forced Penance can block 16 perks, is that overtuned too?

     I’m tired of people complaining about 4 slowdowns and when I use a full aura read build to spare them from 4 slowdowns I get punished heavily if even 2 survivors have distortion.

    A) You have options beyond ALL slowdown and ALL aura reading.

    B) You hardly get punished it seems, considering you wiped the floor with them.

    What you're overall suggesting is to give a nerf to a perk that is, categorically, not OP, because your wonk build got countered. If that's the case, I want to be able to heal through broken if I have four healing perks.

    No survivors bring 4 healing perks because an exhaustion perk is must run, so FP will not counter an entire survivors build. You can use your 4 healing perks on other survivors as well so again it’s not a counter.

    Forced Penance applies to ONE of FOUR survivors at a time and goes on cooldown for 80 seconds which of why it’s garbage. Meanwhile Distortion is applied to the only killer and applies to all 4 perks. Also yes it takes 4 tokens (not really cuz lockers) but it’s ONE perk that counters 4 at ONCE. Not just 4 in general because every perk counters multiple. I’m talking FOUR of the exact same at ONCE.

    Not only that but 4 KILLER perks. Killer perks should not be so easily countered because they are the killer after all. One killer perk countering 4 survivor perks would be far more reasonable than the other way around.

  • This content has been removed.
  • @Spare_Them_Mori_Me said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3711059#Comment_3711059

    By the way, I agree the one Survivor who didn't bring Distortion have to suffer from tunnelling, which I really don't like (I'm 12 hook guy). If only I can find someone else.. :(

    lol. So you are going to tunnel regardless, and feel bad its the non-distortion user? The team is probably running Distortion because, well… you we're gonna tunnel anyway. This will be a constant cycle. Tunneling is the #1 strat, Distortion and DS are the only real counters. Not everyone is great at looping so this is just how it will be. Game on, Fog denizens!

    So.. what am I supposed to do? I hooked a guy, and she’s the only one who’s revealed. So I should just ignore her Aura, and go find someone else even though I have absolutely no idea where they are?

    By the way, she died at 5th hooks, so it’s not like I didn’t try finding someone else to chase. If this still counts as tunnelling, then I have no words to say for you.

  • @DH3206 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3710818#Comment_3710818

    Having distortion recharge during chase is a terrible idea. That's basicly saying the killer is entitled to a free down/hook on you in a game of hide and seek, because you will eventually go down during a chase most of the time.


    If anything, make distortion regain tokens by progressing the game. Like gens, healing, cleansing/blessing totems and maybe chase as well. But not only chase as a requirement to regain stacks.

    But personally, I don't think distortion needs a nerf, at all.

    EDIT: And I personally think that playing stealthy is also a legit strategy inside this game. Just like it is a legit strategy to camp or tunnel. We can make all gameplay styles just like one way to play the game, but then the game will go dull and people will leave the game.

    Yeah but the problem with stealthy is that people will stealth then complain when a killer can't afford to spend 30+ seconds looking for each survivor when they patrol a gen and ends up camping or tunneling. It still is overall just an overtuned perk on how it counters so much for so little.

  • @HexHuntressThighs said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3711838#Comment_3711838

    No survivors bring 4 healing perks because an exhaustion perk is must run, so FP will not counter an entire survivors build. You can use your 4 healing perks on other survivors as well so again it’s not a counter.

    Forced Penance applies to ONE of FOUR survivors at a time and goes on cooldown for 80 seconds which of why it’s garbage. Meanwhile Distortion is applied to the only killer and applies to all 4 perks. Also yes it takes 4 tokens (not really cuz lockers) but it’s ONE perk that counters 4 at ONCE. Not just 4 in general because every perk counters multiple. I’m talking FOUR of the exact same at ONCE.

    Not only that but 4 KILLER perks. Killer perks should not be so easily countered because they are the killer after all. One killer perk countering 4 survivor perks would be far more reasonable than the other way around.

    No survivors bring 4 healing perks because an exhaustion perk is must run, so FP will not counter an entire survivors build.

    I have, so that's incorrect.

    But even if I hadn't, wouldn't that also be a notch against your argument? No killer has any reason to bring four aura perks.

    Forced Penance applies to ONE of FOUR survivors at a time and goes on cooldown for 80 seconds which of why it’s garbage.

    Neither of those statements are true. The broken effect gets applied to one survivor, yes, but it bans ALL survivors from healing them, thus disabling ALL healing perks. Multiple survivors can be broken by Forced Penance simultaneously, as it does not, in fact, have a cooldown.

    I’m talking FOUR of the exact same at ONCE.

    Why are you bringing the same perk four times?

    Not only that but 4 KILLER perks. Killer perks should not be so easily countered because they are the killer after all. One killer perk countering 4 survivor perks would be far more reasonable than the other way around.

    Except Distortion doesn't work like that because one Distortion doesn't block any killer perk by itself. You need four distortions to block those killer perks.

  • They want to make finding survivors a chore.

  • @DH3206 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3710707#Comment_3710707

    Killers have like 30 aura perks and add-ons combined. We can also ask the question, is it fine that killers can slap on 4 aura perks and know where survivors are like 80% of the time? No, that isn't fine.

    If survivors bring distortion and you're not bringing aura perks, it's also a wasted perk slot for the survivors the whole round. So your argument doesn't mean anything.

    If I get a plague when running a full healing build, I'm basicly perkless the entire round because I can't heal puked on survivors or myself. Shall I have the chance to change my perks ingame when I see a plague? No, that would be ridiculous. So is nerfing distortion because it counters aura reading perks.

    Just because the killer knows where the survivors are doesn't mean he gets them.

  • @danielmaster87 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3710726#Comment_3710726

    Just because the killer knows where the survivors are doesn't mean he gets them.

    I didn't say that. But it makes it a lot easier.

1 2 3 ›