Flashlights need to be killswitched right now

This literally makes the game unplayable for killer, every survivor can hide in the locker and not get hit, or if they do they just have self care equipped. Flashlights need to be turned off

Comments

  • @Xernoton said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3538924#Comment_3538924

    By that definition even cheaters shouldn't be banned. It's not their fault that the anti cheat in place isn't great.

    If you abuse this kind of stuff (and it's obvious when someone does), then you deserve the consequences. You know that this is not intended and you know that it makes you invincible.

    I just came out of a match with 3 people that last second switched to flashlights and held me hostage. You'd think the last person would do gens but nooooo! Once they realised what was going on they went afk. So I had exactly 3 options. Go afk myself, wait for the game to force close or disconnect. Great! I decided to go afk and when I came back I was disconnected and didn't get any points. At least the 3 ######### with their flashlights got a bunch of BP each.

    Cheaters use out of game methods.


    This is something that the devs fail the fix and people can do in normal gameplay.

  • @quelaag said:

    I thought about placing this in bugs but since it's cheat rather than a bug (POSSIBLY an exploit cheat?) I thought maybe it should go here.

    These survivors came into the match with seemingly only one of them using the cheat software/combo whatever it is. The most prominent cheater had For The People, and could run invincibly into a locker and simply crouch there. When their teammates got injured, they would run to the locker, the cheater with FTP would run out and instaheal them, then run back in invincible to heal up with self-care. The Ellen ragequit early when I caught her the second time before the Nea could heal her.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/8MLHPNRQLP42/20230910174538-1.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/OVCVC38BI6TK/20230910174802-1.jpg

    The others stayed. The Bill is more debatable - although he ran straight through an M1 to get a rescue on the cheater (who everyone had seen cheating at this point) and then fell after she was safe, so it wasn't just lag - and the Ellen slightly more uncertain than even that. But the Haddie player was 110% grouped and cheating with the Nea player. Every time she got injured and had some distance, she would run back to the Nea for the insta-heal. In the end I slugged her, and she crawled back to the Nea who was crouching inside the hitbox of a locker, obviously anticipating an insta-heal. But since I could keep the Nea in tier 3, she bled out.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/671QA46IRNWK/20230910180216-1.jpg

    Me being Doctor complicated things for them slightly because I could put the cheater(s) in Tier 3, but if I wanted to guard any gens of course I had to move. In retrospect I should have just picked up a book and sat in front of the locker the Nea player was 'inside' but I stepped away to look for hatch. The cheater, naturally, hopped out and instantly located and jumped into hatch.

    I'm not sure if it's just cheat software or an exploit of a perk combo, but just in case i've shown the full perk display. Watch out.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/8MJZAQ0EBJ6Y/20230910180332-1.jpg

    Names have to be censored for name and shame so id recommend losing the names.

  • Just had a match where survivors could simply walk inside lockers.

    I couldnt hit them and i couldnt search the locker.

    Ofc they completly abused it and it worked on every locker on the map btw.

    I included a pic of the map seed as well and if you need more information, i reported them all and also took a screenshot of the endgame screen etc.

    Bild_2023-09-11_033906988.png Bild_2023-09-11_033940698.png Bild_2023-09-11_034007911.png Bild_2023-09-11_034033061.png


  • Can they even killswitch items?

  • Likely they'll killswitch flashlights tomorrow when BHVR is actually working. We'll likely not see a fix for the issue until next week since the hotfix for this week is likely already locked in.

  • It's a horrible, game-breaking exploit that a lot of survivors are doing. It works on every map, your best bet is just not playing killer right now unfortunately.

  • @JPLongstreet said:

    Can they even killswitch items?

    I don't know, this is what I've been wondering about. And even if they can killswitch items, does this also remove them from the pool of items that can appear from chests? Residual Manifest would have to be disabled too since that perk guarantees a flashlight.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    It's a horrible, game-breaking exploit that a lot of survivors are doing. It works on every map, your best bet is just not playing killer right now unfortunately.

    First time ever seeing this.

    Since when is this in the game? This needs to be fixed instantly and they have to ban everyone abusing it.

  • They're exploiting a bug, it's not a cheat program

    Edit: the thread I was replying on was about third party programs and has now been merged with other threads, so it's out of context. Don't bother quoting/replying.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    kinda glad I couldn't really get many games this weekend. seems like I dodged a bullet.

    had an event to go and stuff.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539026#Comment_3539026

    I didn't see anything on the guys I usually watch. and the ones youtube recomends because I watch the other ones... (sunday is usually slow on uploads)

    Well known streamers won't post it because they're putting their accounts at risk. A quick search showed me a lot of videos.

  • @SleepyLunatic said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539072#Comment_3539072

    First time ever seeing this.

    Since when is this in the game? This needs to be fixed instantly and they have to ban everyone abusing it.

    I'm not sure but I saw it myself for the first time yesterday. Here's the relevant bug report: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/390823/survs-glitching-into-lockers-and-becoming-invincible#latest

  • @Nazzzak said:

    They're exploiting a bug, it's not a cheat program

    Gotcha. I will edit the post to add that I've heard it's an exploit cheat rather than third party software. Although I'm curious why none of the other players could do so. Perk combo? Or do we prefer not to say so it's not easily replicated?

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/391038/community-warning-new-locker-cheat

    Names have to be censored for name and shame so id recommend losing the names.

    Thank you, will remove the image and will try to remember to reupload it with blurred names when I have time. Although I also made an in-game report so BHVR will know the perks etc I imagine.

  • @quelaag said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539076#Comment_3539076

    Gotcha. I will edit the post to add that I've heard it's an exploit cheat rather than third party software. Although I'm curious why none of the other players could do so. Perk combo? Or do we prefer not to say so it's not easily replicated?

    Yeah, you need a specific item in order to do it. That might even be too much info but I won't elaborate 🤐😅

  • @Nazzzak said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539080#Comment_3539080

    Yeah, you need a specific item in order to do it. That might even be too much info but I won't elaborate 🤐😅

    Gotcha gotcha. Then maybe I won't reupload the endscreen image lol. The match was frustrating with doctor but at least I could put them in tier 3 and slow the chain down, I can't imagine how frustrating it would be for other killers :/

  • @random1543 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3538928#Comment_3538928

    Xeno can hold the game hostage by blocking hooks yet no kill switch.

    That isn't holding the game hostage. It's jerk thing to do, but not holding the game hostage. A killer holding the game hostage would be say blocking all the survivors in a corner or the basement where they can't leave and the game can't progress at all or a survivor and killer working together to body block the exit gate switches indefinitely so the other survivors can't leave. That's not what hook blocking does, since survivors can still finish generators and get out the exit gate.

  • @random1543 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3538987#Comment_3538987

    Cheaters use out of game methods.

    This is something that the devs fail the fix and people can do in normal gameplay.

    Abusing this bug is against the rules of this game. Otherwise there wouldn't be an option to report people for using exploits.

    I rest my case.

  • This is super lame so I started playing Iri blight tag Blight and kill them before they can even get near a locker. Normally I feel dirty using that addon but it feels good to kill dirty abusers.

  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539068#Comment_3539068

    I don't know, this is what I've been wondering about. And even if they can killswitch items, does this also remove them from the pool of items that can appear from chests? Residual Manifest would have to be disabled too since that perk guarantees a flashlight.

    I'm guessing they cannot.

  • It's the weekend there so they're unlikely to update everyone until tomorrow. While it sucks, it is only a game at the end of the day and there's no threat to life so I doubt they'll be coming in on their day off to fix this.

  • Just don’t play Killer or the game itself for awhile and devs will take action

  • @random1543 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3538934#Comment_3538934

    People who showcase it should be banned

    People who hold the killer hostage should be banned

    People that are just fooling around with it shouldn't be banned.

    Fooling around as in: "Every time the killer comes near I glitch myself into a locker and hold the game hostage by doing it"?

  • @Melinko said:

    I don't think they can or should ban people for something that is a break on the devs side. It isn't like they've done something to their game client to get an advantage.

    It's like the Blast Mine bug where you go out of body sometimes. Invisible and able to unhook and open gates. I didn't plan for it to happen but it was funny as hell.

    I disagree, the Blast Mine bug can happen on accident. I've done it twice by complete accident, but the locker exploit won't really happen without purposefully trying to do it.

  • I had survivors who abused this bug, I disconnected. I asked why you are using this bug, they said "bloodpoints" xD

    They received 8k bp + multiplied by 3 anniversary cakes. What's the point of playing like that, they wrote "sorry" as if they accidentally got a bug hahahaha. God. Although it’s clear from them that this is not their first match, they’re just sitting in these closets the whole match and being treated. I don’t understand, survivors get a pallet card, they have 3% speed, auras for pallets and they still engage in some kind of abuse of the game?

  • Funny thing is, the only exploit I've been guilty of was the invisible blast mine as I mentioned. And it was by accident. Not even sure how I triggered it. Went to equip the mine and was then out of my body moving around.

    So, yeah I guess I did abuse that for a match since I couldn't get back into my body but was able to unhook.

    The flashlight thing, was done with 4 other friends in a custom match to see if it actually happened. Pretty sure my friend who was in the voice call wasn't going to report any of us for seeing if it was real.

    The thing about this exploit is, you can only phase in and out of the lockers that you do the correct sequence in front of them. Not like you do it once and go in and out of every locker. Yes, it certainly is game breaking to end a chase like this (hence why I've never used it in a live match) but again this isn't a cheat that is using outside source code to change the game. This is a weird glitch that turns one or two lockers into a safety. If someone wants to hide in a locker all match, kill the rest of the team and let the end game collapse get the last one. It's annoying, and I get that but still not something I'd go a banning spree over especially without the devs issuing a "do this and you'll get a ban warning."

  • This is ridicolous. You guys are allowing a game breaking mechanic to continue. 4 Survivors can hold the game hostage and the killer can do what about it? This is not fun for anyone at all.

  • I swear, if this was reversed with a killer addon or something they'd have killswitched the entire killer already... so why haven't flashlights been killswitched until they can fix it?

  • Well...

    The survivors that group up, perk for it and coordinate it seem to be having fun.

    So I'm forced to assume Behavior endorses this approach, and will support it going forward.

  • @AbsolutGrndZer0 said:

    I swear, if this was reversed with a killer addon or something they'd have killswitched the entire killer already... so why haven't flashlights been killswitched until they can fix it?

    It's the weekend. The people who can enable the killswitch likely aren't working. No need to make this into some conspiracy about bhvr favoring survivors.

  • @Melinko said:

    I don't think they can or should ban people for something that is a break on the devs side. It isn't like they've done something to their game client to get an advantage.

    It's like the Blast Mine bug where you go out of body sometimes. Invisible and able to unhook and open gates. I didn't plan for it to happen but it was funny as hell.

    People who think like this should get banned as well.


    Imagine defending abusing exploits and imagine doing the locker abuse by accident.

  • Until it's either killswitched or fixed I will only play Bubba (facecamp these dicks), Artist (crows go through lockers), Pyramid Head (can hit through lockers too) and Tombstone Piece Myers (can stalk and mori people that do this).

    So far I've had 2 groups that used it to hold me hostage and a bunch of people using it to get an advantage.

  • I am so sick and tired of people abusing this locker exploit thanks to the bug. You need flashlight to do it and a locker on any map anywhere and that's it.

    Yesterday I saw duo doing this, today I saw 2 players in ROW doing this. Allready reported them and send ticker with screenshots too. I am so sick of this, such pitty noob players using any unfair advatange to ruin the game for others.

  • I'm just playing pyramid head for now, this is the dumbest exploit I've ever seen in this game

  • Update, now it's 3 games in row, I am so ######### done.

  • @adam1233467 said:

    I'm just playing pyramid head for now, this is the dumbest exploit I've ever seen in this game

    Sounds like a good idea.

  • even in low mmr the people are using the exploit. it makes me sad

  • Ngl, I'm feeling pretty fortunate. Been playing for over 3 hours today and haven't seen a single person do it. I'm glad people in my region just want to play normally.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3538924#Comment_3538924

    The xeno cooldown bug does not hold the game hostage nor is the bug something the player really controls.

    The locker + flashlight exploit holds the game hostage and it's something that the player has to intentionally do. You don't just accidentally bug yourself into the locker making yourself invincible.

    While I agree that the locker/flashlight issue should be kill switched until it's fixed, your argument implies that 3 genning as skull merchant should also be kill switched as well.

    I'm all for both, actually. With game bans for each abusing player.

  • I had four games in a row earlier where almost everyone was doing it, so I quit for the night. I'm not playing killer until it is fixed.

  • I play solo bill and every match there are survivors abusing the locker exploit. So much for using the killswitch cough flashlights cough? You wonder why killers don't wanna play this game when survivors are the most toxic players imaginable? They use the exploits as soon as they get the chance and everyone is doing it even their grandmas.

    dw killers I am reporting them as much as I can with video evidence to support team.

  • @Thusly_Boned said:

    I had four games in a row earlier where almost everyone was doing it, so I quit for the night. I'm not playing killer until it is fixed.

    Yea I am either playing Pyramid Head or nobody until it gets killswitched or fixed. I am so tired.

  • @Hex_Llama said:

    My guess is that the killswitch system doesn't do items. Which is a shame, because I agree that this is a really bad bug. But apparently people can also crawl under lockers when they're downed, so I'm not sure getting rid of flashlights would fix it either.

    This says items can be killswitched: https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/kb/articles/299-kill-switch-master-list

    It probably hasn't happened yet because it's the weekend and no one is at the office.

  • It is 3 AM in the morning in Montreal. BHVR is closed on weekends. Should be quite obvious why nothing was killswitched yet.

    And regarding the Survivor-Hate - both sides like to use Exploits when they are available.

  • 3 AM in the morning in Montreal. More threads wont make BHVR work during the weekend or in the middle of the night.

  • @Xernoton said:

    Until it's either killswitched or fixed I will only play Bubba (facecamp these dicks), Artist (crows go through lockers), Pyramid Head (can hit through lockers too) and Tombstone Piece Myers (can stalk and mori people that do this).

    So far I've had 2 groups that used it to hold me hostage and a bunch of people using it to get an advantage.

    What is going on?

    Could you explain?

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    3 AM in the morning in Montreal. More threads wont make BHVR work during the weekend or in the middle of the night.

    or maybe it will give them more reasons to do something about it when they wake up you know. Better option than "nah its fine lets wait it out for the next patch before we fix it".

  • If you see a survivor do this, jump in the locker with them. It forces them out lol.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    It is 3 AM in the morning in Montreal. BHVR is closed on weekends. Should be quite obvious why nothing was killswitched yet.

    And regarding the Survivor-Hate - both sides like to use Exploits when they are available.

    Uhm no, i won´t let that count. BHVR is big enough to ensure service 7 days per week. Its a live service game after all.

  • I switched to Pyramid Head from now on until its fixed or killswitched.

  • Would like to think this will lead to a ban for the offenders

1 2 3 4 5 6