Flashlights need to be killswitched right now

This literally makes the game unplayable for killer, every survivor can hide in the locker and not get hit, or if they do they just have self care equipped. Flashlights need to be turned off

Comments

  • @xEmoGirlxAlexisx said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539319#Comment_3539319

    so u want to see Skull Merchant Players get banned for playing Skull Merchant?

    Yeah the Skull Merchant holding a 3 Gen for Hours tactic is annoying but it is valid and not bannable because they dont abuse a Exploit also the Devs are working on it and are going to rework her

    That lockers glitch is a Exploit that shouldnt be possible and ppl abuse it to troll the Killer Player and hold him hostag it is cleary Bug Abusing als every1 who is doing this should get perma banned

    Nowhere do I say that skull merchant players should be banned in a blanket sense.

    But if you're intentionally, repeatedly holding 3 gens for an excessive period of time in matches, without trying to chase or down survivors...that is confirmed to be holding the game hostage. And those players should be banned.

    @Peanits said:

    If they are making no attempt to down anyone and purely stalling the game by keeping everyone in madness 3, only downing and slugging them if they refuse to move, that would be considered holding the game hostage. We would need to see that they are doing this for a long time, though, not just a couple minutes. The 3 gen strat on its own is not bannable, it only become an issue when it's being used to grief instead of win.

    So, like that 'chess player' who went up against team eternal.

  • @AmpersandUnderscore said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539333#Comment_3539333

    Nowhere do I say that skull merchant players should be banned in a blanket sense.

    But if you're intentionally, repeatedly holding 3 gens for an excessive period of time in matches, without trying to chase or down survivors...that is confirmed to be holding the game hostage. And those players should be banned.

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/521124#Comment_521124

    So, like that 'chess player' who went up against team eternal.

    Thats not right. Holding the game hostage refers strictly to situations where on side's agency is completely removed, and has an absolutel 0% chance of the match ending without a dc or the 2h shutdown. Holding a 3 gen is not that. There is, if small, the possibility to win there. The killer isnt moving the gens out of bounds, they are defending them. Its a flaw in game design, not a hostage situation. SM's shouldnt be banned for doing it no matter how annoying because sadly for SM thats just optimal play.

  • Yeah something really needs to be done about this. You can literally hold games hostage with this.

    Just recently went against a Xenomorph and the two Mikaela's on our team (who seemed to be in a SWF) used the locker exploit. I felt bad for the Xenomorph. He couldn't hit them through the lockers or pick them up because they'd crawl inside of the lockers. And he ended up taking his anger out on me and Gabriel by tunneling us out of the game. I don't really blame him either because I'd be frustrated in that situation too. I don't know how long the match lasted because I left immediately after. Hopefully those Mikaela's got reported.

  • It would be really nice for BHVR to at least acknowledge the issue if they don't plan to use their killswitch yet again. Maybe a message on their social media, considering it's a Monday and they should be back in their offices <3

  • @Melinko said:

    I don't think they can or should ban people for something that is a break on the devs side. It isn't like they've done something to their game client to get an advantage.

    It's like the Blast Mine bug where you go out of body sometimes. Invisible and able to unhook and open gates. I didn't plan for it to happen but it was funny as hell.

    if i could downvote you for this I would. I've had several games where I had to die on my first hook while atleast 1 of my teammates sometimes all 3 of them were in lockers exploiting this bug.

    this bug doesn't just effect killers negatively, it also effects survivors who just want to play the game. Reset is very close and I lost several pips yesterday over this.

    ban anyone who has done this exploit, it isn't funny it isn't cute it is annoying, it is childish and flashlights should've already been killswitched.

  • They could at least acknowledge the situation on social networks and threaten to take action against those who abuse the glitch. This silence does not help at all, especially when the problem has been public known for more than two days. It should also be a warning to not leave the service unattended on weekends, everyone deserves their right rest but support should be a priority in any service.

  • @RoastedGarlic said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3538437#Comment_3538437

    if i could downvote you for this I would. I've had several games where I had to die on my first hook while atleast 1 of my teammates sometimes all 3 of them were in lockers exploiting this bug.

    this bug doesn't just effect killers negatively, it also effects survivors who just want to play the game. Reset is very close and I lost several pips yesterday over this.

    ban anyone who has done this exploit, it isn't funny it isn't cute it is annoying, it is childish and flashlights should've already been killswitched.

    sidenote... when is grade reset? does it say anywhere in game?

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539443#Comment_3539443

    sidenote... when is grade reset? does it say anywhere in game?

    its always the 13th

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539322#Comment_3539322

    Oh, it is holding the game hostage if the Killer has no desire to chase and down Survivors and just holds their 3-Gen.

    I can search for the confirmation, if you actually want to change your opinion. If you would not change it even after I show you the post of a mod, I wont search.

    Its not holding the games hostage, the game can end.


    Either the survivors finish gens or the killer downs them, and if the killer refuses to down the survivors can easily force him by doing the gens.


    That being said, i dont even disagree that the killer should be changed.

    Imo they can even killswitch her, i dont care.

    but whats wrong with your toxic attidute of forcing your stupid opinion on others?


    Besides that, this thread is about the locker exploit but ofc you are defending something like that once again.

  • This will be funny if it wasn't so sad. The game's on flames because a game breaking bug that people are exploiting and the only thing they have to post in Twitter is this:

    https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1701234234822656374

    6 cheaters recorded and reported just this morning. Good job, BHVR...

  • Flashlights have always been useless or ungodly powerful (instablinds, bully squads, swf) especially with built to last being a thing

    i don’t think an item like that should really be in the game

    same reason I don’t think hex perks are healthy for the game, an all or nothing perk ruins the idea of a “perk”

  • surely people is on the office right now.. surely they will announce the killswitch or something... right?

  • @Kius said:

    surely people is on the office right now.. surely they will announce the killswitch or something... right?

    https://twitter.com/DeadbyDaylight/status/1701256803206438989


  • @SleepyLunatic said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539342#Comment_3539342

    Its not holding the games hostage, the game can end.

    Either the survivors finish gens or the killer downs them, and if the killer refuses to down the survivors can easily force him by doing the gens.

    That being said, i dont even disagree that the killer should be changed.

    Imo they can even killswitch her, i dont care.

    but whats wrong with your toxic attidute of forcing your stupid opinion on others?

    Besides that, this thread is about the locker exploit but ofc you are defending something like that once again.

    So you wont change your opinion despite having official statements which say otherwise. At least I wont have to waste my time then.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539512#Comment_3539512

    Are flashlights still pullable in chests if the item is disable?

    Yeah i wonder this to. Thisll limit the use of it. I guess from there on if people go out of their way to find a flashlight in a chest itll only be like a singular survivor if your lucky. And you can report them.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539518#Comment_3539518

    Yeah i wonder this to. Thisll limit the use of it. I guess from there on if people go out of their way to find a flashlight in a chest itll only be like a singular survivor if your lucky. And you can report them.

    The items are still available in chests yes, we've removed perks that help with getting these items to limit their use.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539519#Comment_3539519

    The items are still available in chests yes, we've removed perks that help with getting these items to limit their use.

    Alright good thing i have 45 cut coins. Thanks for the answer.

  • @Mandy said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539519#Comment_3539519

    The items are still available in chests yes, we've removed perks that help with getting these items to limit their use.

    Why coins are not kill-switched then? SWF teams can use 4 coins and they still can use this bug?


    And you don't even need to hold flashlight for this bug. When you activate this bug for yourself, you can just give your flashlight to another survivor. So finding one flashlight will be enough.

  • @MikaelaWantsYourBoon said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539528#Comment_3539528

    Why coins are not kill-switched then? SWF teams can use 4 coins and they still can use this bug?

    And you don't even need to hold flashlight for this bug. When you activate this bug for yourself, you can just give your flashlight to another survivor. So finding one flashlight will be enough.

    Ey leave my cut coin out of this!

    Screenshot_20230911_115215_Chrome.jpg


  • are people using Franklin's Demise more?


  • @sizzlingmario4 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539548#Comment_3539548

    They can killswitch the survivor coin offerings and leave cut coins alone.

    Yeah i know, it was a joke since they said coin offerings. Honestly cut will probably be the play until this bugs fixed. Itll lower the chances even more.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539553#Comment_3539553

    Yeah i know, it was a joke since they said coin offerings. Honestly cut will probably be the play until this bugs fixed. Itll lower the chances even more.

    Yeah I'll definitely be using cut coins more often now lol.

  • Hopefully it’s fixed quickly. My favorite fun build lately has been a beam save build.

  • Id hate to be a hoarder user right now lol.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539460#Comment_3539460

    So you wont change your opinion despite having official statements which say otherwise. At least I wont have to waste my time then.

    Opinion about what? That this thread is about the locker exploit?



    Regarding Skull Merchant/Holding 3 gen i already said that i agree that it should get reworked asap.

    i was specially talking about how its not neccesary holding game hostage since the game CAN end.


    I know that the devs said that they will ban players who go all in to drag the game out for as long as possible on purpose but this doesnt have anything to do with what i said or about the locker exploit.

  • back on console i had a whole build just for chests and looting on yui.

    She had TONS of items and addons because of that

  • PrettyGoodJobSoFar.png

    Can one of the devs look at their code?

    Or maybe at this point just hire someone outside the company. It can't get much worse than this.

  • @Beatricks said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/PA7JAKW85OKD/prettygoodjobsofar.png

    Can one of the devs look at their code?

    Or maybe at this point just hire someone outside the company. It can't get much worse than this.

    For the killswitch to work the person has to relaunch their game.

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539597#Comment_3539597

    For the killswitch to work the person has to relaunch their game.

    A+ killswitch.

  • Maybe survivors wouldnt feel the need to cheat If almost every killer wasn't being a camping/slugging bully pos.killers are way to over powered and need to be nerfed. And don't give me no crap about camping and slugging being strategy.with strategy you actually use your brain, You just want a 4K without having to earn it.and you also say Oh, if a killer is camping you that gives time for the survivors to do other gens. No, I'm gonna try to save them. Because why would I let anybody bully somebody else? It's not fair that 9 out of 10 games is ruined by a bully and it's not fair that killers can see Survivors add-ons and prepare for it but we can't see there's. Survivors literally have no defense other than running in a circle. And most killers can counter that. So if you ask me, this exploit actually makes the game a little bit more Fair. That being said, if you are cheater or a bully of any kind stay off of dead by daylight, no one wants to play with you.

  • @ToxicSamurai7015 said:

    Maybe survivors wouldnt feel the need to cheat If almost every killer wasn't being a camping/slugging bully pos.killers are way to over powered and need to be nerfed. And don't give me no crap about camping and slugging being strategy.with strategy you actually use your brain, You just want a 4K without having to earn it.and you also say Oh, if a killer is camping you that gives time for the survivors to do other gens. No, I'm gonna try to save them. Because why would I let anybody bully somebody else? It's not fair that 9 out of 10 games is ruined by a bully and it's not fair that killers can see Survivors add-ons and prepare for it but we can't see there's. Survivors literally have no defense other than running in a circle. And most killers can counter that. So if you ask me, this exploit actually makes the game a little bit more Fair. That being said, if you are cheater or a bully of any kind stay off of dead by daylight, no one wants to play with you.

    "You just want a 4K without having to earn it", says the guy defending cheating by exploiting bugs to make you invulnerable. Flawless logic here.

  • @ToxicSamurai7015 said:

    Maybe survivors wouldnt feel the need to cheat If almost every killer wasn't being a camping/slugging bully pos.killers are way to over powered and need to be nerfed. And don't give me no crap about camping and slugging being strategy.with strategy you actually use your brain, You just want a 4K without having to earn it.and you also say Oh, if a killer is camping you that gives time for the survivors to do other gens. No, I'm gonna try to save them. Because why would I let anybody bully somebody else? It's not fair that 9 out of 10 games is ruined by a bully and it's not fair that killers can see Survivors add-ons and prepare for it but we can't see there's. Survivors literally have no defense other than running in a circle. And most killers can counter that. So if you ask me, this exploit actually makes the game a little bit more Fair. That being said, if you are cheater or a bully of any kind stay off of dead by daylight, no one wants to play with you.

    Cheating is not a valid response to Killers using legit tactics

  • @Batusalen said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539627#Comment_3539627

    "You just want a 4K without having to earn it", says the guy defending cheating by exploiting bugs to make you invulnerable. Flawless logic here.

    You misunderstood.Ill try to write write this so you can better understand my argument. I'm not defending cheating. Cheating in any pvp game is deplorable. And the people who are using it to gain an unfair advantage should be banned. I'm just saying, look at the reason why people feel they have to cheat. Ask anyone and they will tell you that The Killers are OP Right now ...this is not coming from a survivor .I am a killer/survivor main. I played 80 games, as the wraith and didn't lose a single one. I can't play 2 games as Survivor without getting tunnel out of The Game. Maybe survivors feel that since the odds are stacked against them. And behavior won't do anything about it. they're Going to take matters into their own hands.

  • @ToxicSamurai7015 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539636#Comment_3539636

    You misunderstood.Ill try to write write this so you can better understand my argument. I'm not defending cheating. Cheating in any pvp game is deplorable. And the people who are using it to gain an unfair advantage should be banned. I'm just saying, look at the reason why people feel they have to cheat. Ask anyone and they will tell you that The Killers are OP Right now ...this is not coming from a survivor .I am a killer/survivor main. I played 80 games, as the wraith and didn't lose a single one. I can't play 2 games as Survivor without getting tunnel out of The Game. Maybe survivors feel that since the odds are stacked against them. And behavior won't do anything about it. they're Going to take matters into their own hands.

    You can't say cheating is deplorable while then writing up a defense for cheating. Stop defending cheating full stop.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539627#Comment_3539627

    Cheating is not a valid response to Killers using legit tactics

    I completely agree ...read my comments again. And bro your "tactics" got old in 2018. Now it's just ruining the game for everyone. And no one's having fun.

  • @ToxicSamurai7015 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539640#Comment_3539640

    I completely agree ...read my comments again. And bro your "tactics" got old in 2018. Now it's just ruining the game for everyone. And no one's having fun.

    If you are not having fun, just don't play dbd. No need to cheat and ruin the game for people who do find the game fun.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539682#Comment_3539682

    You can't say cheating is deplorable while then writing up a defense for cheating. Stop defending cheating full stop.

    Look, I explained that the best I could. At what part did I ever say cheating was ok. If You don't understand it, sorry bro

  • @supersonic853 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539597#Comment_3539597

    For the killswitch to work the person has to relaunch their game.

    I thought they forced a title-screen reboot after a killswitch now?

    might be a cheater right there

    or an outdated screenshot

  • @ToxicSamurai7015 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539684#Comment_3539684

    Look, I explained that the best I could. At what part did I ever say cheating was ok. If You don't understand it, sorry bro

    look at the reason why people feel they have to cheat

    This is defending cheating. You are literally stating it's okay to cheat, because survivors have "valid reasons" to do so.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539687#Comment_3539687

    look at the reason why people feel they have to cheat

    This is defending cheating. You are literally stating it's okay to cheat, because survivors have "valid reasons" to do so.

    I get what your saying.I just don't think your understanding what I'm trying to say.No it is not ok to cheat.Im saying the killers are so over power ,the survivors feel they have to cheat.that is not an excuse to cheat.And you shouldn't cheat even if they are over powered.Im not making excuses for me or anyone to cheat.

  • @ToxicSamurai7015 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539690#Comment_3539690

    I get what your saying.I just don't think your understanding what I'm trying to say.No it is not ok to cheat.Im saying the killers are so over power ,the survivors feel they have to cheat.that is not an excuse to cheat.And you shouldn't cheat even if they are over powered.Im not making excuses for me or anyone to cheat.

    Mr. or Ms. Toxic, please stop excusing cheating in any way, shape or form.

  • @ToxicSamurai7015 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539690#Comment_3539690

    I get what your saying.I just don't think your understanding what I'm trying to say.No it is not ok to cheat.Im saying the killers are so over power ,the survivors feel they have to cheat.that is not an excuse to cheat.And you shouldn't cheat even if they are over powered.Im not making excuses for me or anyone to cheat.

    You're just double downing on that it's okay to cheat, because "killers OP". But I can tell you as someone who plays plenty of survivor you don't need to exploit the game to escape often.

    I'm done entertaining someone who just wants to defend cheating.

  • @Crowman said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539699#Comment_3539699

    You're just double downing on that it's okay to cheat, because "killers OP". But I can tell you as someone who plays plenty of survivor you don't need to exploit the game to escape often.

    I'm done entertaining someone who just wants to defend cheating.

    I tried nothing but to be nice to you. But you insist on putting words in my mouth.

  • @ToxicSamurai7015 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539706#Comment_3539706

    I tried nothing but to be nice to you. But you insist on putting words in my mouth. Typical for killer main with no skill to want to try to shut down the truth.

    Youre speaking doublespeak. You cant condemn something while making excuses for it simultaneously. Thats what people are calling out.

  • @ToxicSamurai7015 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539636#Comment_3539636

    You misunderstood.Ill try to write write this so you can better understand my argument. I'm not defending cheating. Cheating in any pvp game is deplorable. And the people who are using it to gain an unfair advantage should be banned. I'm just saying, look at the reason why people feel they have to cheat. Ask anyone and they will tell you that The Killers are OP Right now ...this is not coming from a survivor .I am a killer/survivor main. I played 80 games, as the wraith and didn't lose a single one. I can't play 2 games as Survivor without getting tunnel out of The Game. Maybe survivors feel that since the odds are stacked against them. And behavior won't do anything about it. they're Going to take matters into their own hands.

    Survivors are always going to feel killers are too powerful, and vice versa, it's the human nature of dwelling on negatives and ignoring the positives. Every time you're tunnelled and camped takes up ten times the real estate in your mind compared to every time you escape and teabag the killer.

    It's all hearsay and confirmation bias, until we get actual kill rates.

    I'm still escaping a ton as a solo survivor, and I'm far from the best, so I find it incredibly hard to believe so many survivors are having such a hard time. Doubly so considering that the role incentive is perpetually on killer, other than a 3 day blip after Xenomorph released, implying killer is the least popular role right now.

  • @Ryuhi said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539712#Comment_3539712

    Youre speaking doublespeak. You cant condemn something while making excuses for it simultaneously. Thats what people are calling out.

    I know people are thinking that I am sticking up for cheating but I'm really not.im saying That killers being OP is the reason for cheating. If you don't agree,that's fine we have the right to disagree,without getting angry.and talk like adults instead of pointing fingers.please explain to me why I wrong.

  • @ToxicSamurai7015 said:

    https://forums.bhvr.com/dead-by-daylight/discussion/comment/3539717#Comment_3539717

    I know people are thinking that I am sticking up for cheating but I'm really not.im saying That killers being OP is the reason for cheating. If you don't agree,that's fine we have the right to disagree,without getting angry.and talk like adults instead of pointing fingers.please explain to me why I wrong.

    If you don't understand how you're contradicting yourself, it might not be wise to chime in on the topic of cheating.

    cheating is never a balance issue, nor is it a balance solution. it is just cheating, no more or less.

1 … 3 4 5 6